Hannaford Employer Reviews

Front End Associate (Former Employee), South Portland, MESeptember 10, 2014
Working at Hannaford was a great experience. What I didn't like was at times the job got really slow or really fast to a point where we couldn't keep up. But the people I worked with was worth every penny
Fun place to work
Bakery Associate (Current Employee), Ellsworth, MEAugust 29, 2014
Pros: friendly associates, 3 breaks with 7 hours working
Cons: health care, insurance
Most of the people were very relatable. They were fun to work with but they still could be your boss and professional when its needed. I loved that Hannaford is all about giving to the customers.
Good supermarket experience.
Cashier, Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Bennington, VTAugust 27, 2014
As a cashier - scan, bag, and receive payments. As a stock clerk - stock shelves with new product and make merchandise look presentable.
clean and organized work place
Deli Clerk (Part-time) (Current Employee), South Burlington, VTAugust 23, 2014
Slicing deli meat, cooking hot foods, organizing and cleaning the deli.
Hannaford is a good place to work at
Cashier /Bagger (Current Employee), Hooksett, NHJuly 26, 2014
I enjoy working at Hannaford because while they are a company they are very community orientated and my coworkers and managers all care for each other and encourage eachother's goals.
Stay at home Mom
Front end Shift Leader (Former Employee), Lewiston, MEJuly 24, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: temporary employment
I accepted this job in order to have the opportunity to stay home with my children. I worked part time evenings and weekends. This was not a career of choice just a way to supplement income for my family. I started as a cashier and was quickly promoted to supervisor.
Great company
Deli Associate (Former Employee), Raymond, NHJuly 18, 2014
I loved working at Hannaford. I worked here for 3 years before I had my daughter. I loved the management and my co-workers as well as my regular customers.
BAKERY ASSOICATE TRAINEE (Former Employee), Town of Wappinger, NYJuly 17, 2014
Hannaford Supermarkets was a fun and cool place to work. Everyone is friendly and was good employer to work for. Bakery and Deli Department was the best departments to get into and I love my customers there. Working up front was hard for me because with all the upper management and your department managers is on to you and you must do your job or you – more... will get into trouble. – less
Productive Work Place
Cashier (Former Employee), Lewiston, MEJuly 9, 2014
I enjoyed working for Hannaford. There were always smiling faces and I was treated very fairly. Any questions or concerns that I had they were taken care of.
A subsidiary of a global company with a true dedication to local customers and associates.
Produce Sales Associate (Current Employee), Athol, MAJuly 8, 2014
Pros: close knit supportive associate culture. hard work is appreciated and rewarded.
Cons: sometimes slow to address staffing issues.
I have been with the company for 9 years and although no company or job is perfect i am glad to have spent the 9 years with Hannaford over anywhere else. On any typical day i will see a million smiling faces. Okay, maybe not a million but you get it. Management is aware and takes responsibility for errors. Hardest part is leaving at the end of the shift.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Marlborough, MAJuly 3, 2014
Pros: good raises
Cons: no employee appreciation
Hannaford is an okay workplace. they dont really treat employees as individuals.
customer service
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Buxton, MEJune 25, 2014
Pros: customers
Cons: not enough hours...
This was a job that taught me a lot about customer service and handling money. I loved seeing customers happy and taking care of them in a pleasant way.
Ok Job
Meat Department Clerk (Current Employee), Niskayuna, NYJune 10, 2014
Serve Customers
Learned more about meats and seafood
great co-workers
Stockmen Work
Store Associate/Stocking Clerk (Former Employee), Gloversville, NYJune 4, 2014
Pros: worked alone, simple work
Responsibilities were to make sure that shelves were stocked and maintained in the proper manner. I learned to keep inventory together to make sure shelves were fully filled. Was given an isle to work on alone majority of the time. Was night shift and had good co-workers and there were no difficulty's about the job.
Fun
Prepared Foods/Deli Associate (Current Employee), Wells, MEJune 4, 2014
Fun place to work at. Management was nice, just not many hours to work.
nice place to work
Cashier (Current Employee), Gloversville, NYMay 22, 2014
Pros: friendly place
Cons: odd hours, slow
stand around and cash people out all day, most of the time people are friendly, customers and co workers. the management was good, helpful.
average
Cashier (Former Employee), Gardiner, MEMay 21, 2014
Pros: nice work enviroment
Cons: short breaks standing in same spot all day becomes monotonous
typical of a entry level job. Did expected cashier duties as well as clean and did the carts outside when asked. As well as bagged and subbed in for other front end services.
Great people to work with
Manager (Current Employee), Saco, MEMay 14, 2014
Pros: get free food sometimes
Cons: can get really repatious
I worked with them for a short period of time but the key to success there is hard work and a can do attitude. Some stores are run better than others if you get a good store. It will be a fun work experience. If a bad store a not so fun work experience
Alright place to work
Produce Supervisor (Current Employee), Portland, MEMay 14, 2014
Pros: n/a
-Over worked & Under paid.
-Learned world class customer service skills.
-Some good co-workers, most are lazy and do not want to give 100% on a daily basis.
-Most enjoyable part of the job is meeting & helping new customers on a daily basis.
A very cool Company
Produce Team Member (Former Employee), Peabody, MAApril 19, 2014
Hannaford is a cool company that has very healthy food from great companies in the area. They take care of there employees very well and offer benefeits that there employees love. They're stores are very beautiful and clean. The employes are very hard working and drive to succeed. The dress code is very comfurtable and the atmosphere is good. A great – more... company to work for. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Hannaford

Hannaford Bros. may have started as a fruit and vegetable stand in 1883, but it has expanded from its Maine roots to become an – Read more