Hannaford Employee Reviews

Friendly Associates
GROCERY CLERK/ SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Watertown, NYApril 22, 2017
Hannaford is a great place to work. The customers are a joy to interact with and the other associates do a great job of making you feel like you're at home.
Decent company
Assistant Seafood Manager (Former Employee) –  Westbrook, MEApril 21, 2017
Overall a good company, but there are a few flaws as with any. I work here on two separate occasions. I experienced a lack of support in management training and as a manager. If you decide to move up, make sure you're setting yourself up for success.
Pros
Good pay/benefits if you're full time, good first job, lexible hours, can move up quick if in the right place
Cons
some upper management need to support their employees and counterparts more, better training and development and competent trainers, not enough balance and inconsistent schedules
Fast paced
Bakery Associate (Former Employee) –  East Greenbush, NYApril 20, 2017
I spent many years with this company. Managers were always willing to assist. Although it is a fast paced environment, it was also a fun place to work. With many opportunities to grow with the company.
Nice place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Old Town, MEApril 20, 2017
It was a nice place to work. My fellow employees were nice and had great customer service. The management and my supervisors were wonderful, and they cared about your well being. However, they did not have a set schedule, and it was hard to schedule things in advance.
Pros
Great Customer Services and Great Management
Cons
short lunches, low pay, no set schedule
Associate Appreciation Day
Customer Service relations/Manager/Lead (Current Employee) –  Bedford, NHApril 17, 2017
The company will buy lunch for the associates throughout the year as a thank you for all of there hard work. Great benefits and the company matches up to 6% within the 401 k plan.
Pros
Free lunches throughout the year
Cons
Have to work weekends
Fast paced work environment
Full Time Night Shift Employee (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYApril 17, 2017
Working nights isn't for everyone. I worked night freight crew for a few years and it took a lot away from my normal daytime life. But I got fairly good raises with time from the company. The two dollar differential was what made me stay for a while.
Pros
decent pay, helpful coworkers
Cons
nightlife, boring
Good company
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MAApril 17, 2017
Hannaford has been nothing but good to me. I do not know indeed is making me review every company that I have worked for so i can apply for an summer internship.
Decent workplace, poor management
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  East Hampstead, NHApril 13, 2017
I loved the people I worked with as they brought humor and professionalism to the job. I wasn't very happy with the department manager as she was rarely seen working with us but would take hour long lunches, poor scheduling of break times and lunches.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Moody customers
Productive, fast-paced environment with wonderful coworkers
Hannaford To-Go Expeditor (Current Employee) –  Kennebunk, MEApril 13, 2017
Hannaford is a nice environment where one can build strong relationships with coworkers and customers. The work is fast-paced, and there is almost always something to be done. There are opportunities to advance within the company, and learning something new happens very frequently. Hannaford allows someone to take pride in their work, and coworkers and customers recognize the loyalty and desire to make a difference.
Pros
Breaks, great teamwork
Cons
Expensive healthcare
You will always be busy.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Windham, MEApril 11, 2017
If you are looking for fast paced work this would be a great fit for you. Also if you do well in customer service. There are a high volume of customers so you need to make each customer feel special.
Productive and Friendly work place
Front End Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Townsend, MAApril 9, 2017
I loved working here I only left to try and Pursue a job in my preferred career. The management was supper friendly and easy to talk to about any problems.
Pros
Amazing atmosphere, friendly coworkers
Hannaford To Go Expeditor/Customer Service Leader (Current Employee) –  MaineApril 9, 2017
A lot of potential to move up if you want. Typical work place; some days are great, some days are the worst. Some associates really don't want to be there, others are happy they have a job. Everybody needs to buy food, so if you take pride in your work and stay positive you'll do well. Customers can be jerks but that's any business that works with the public. Shake it off and remember you're at least being paid to deal with it.
Pros
Work family.
Cons
Weekends and nights are a must if you want full time.
Overall very clean store!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, VTApril 9, 2017
Hannaford in Morrisville, Vermont is a very clean grocery store. The layout makes it very easy to find everything you need. The meat department is exceptionally clean and makes sure to help anyone in need! The cuts are top notch, never disappoints!
Family oriented
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  China, MEApril 8, 2017
Many days you see family and friends due to the location. Small town Great coworkers. Love seeing people and helping them. . Management is awesome. Flexible hours.
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEApril 7, 2017
Good company to work for. A bit of the same every day but its a good company. There were a lot of people that were there for a long time and didn't want to leave.
Night Shift
Night Crew (Former Employee) –  Milton, VTApril 6, 2017
Typical day includes stocking shelves, condensing products in back room, and fixing products on shelving in store. Lots of heavy lifting, fast paced environment. Learn to make bails with the cardboard compactor. Wear comfortable shoes.
Cons
Attitudes of employees
Fun people to work with
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Gilford, NHApril 5, 2017
Scanning and bagging groceries. Cash tendering, helping customers find prices and goods within the store. Great supportive management, and co-workers.
Great Job for a young adult.
Meat and Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, MEApril 3, 2017
Good summer job for a college student or a high school kid trying to work part-time around school. Good people and a lot of experience with customer service.
Front End Employee
Front End Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Raymond, NHApril 3, 2017
I was a cashier, and bagger on the front end of Hannaford. I would also clean the break room, and bathrooms. They are a great company to work for with excellent benefits.
Pros
discounted food for breaks, and lunches
Cons
not enough hours available for full time
Great First Job
Cashier/ Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Easton, MAApril 1, 2017
Hanaford's was a great first job that enabled me to broaden my horizons and understand what a real workplace was like. Here I learned how to handle clients currency, interact with customers and employees, and most importantly I learned how to be financial independent. I worked as a cashier for four year. During that time I learned how to manage difficult situations involving unhappy customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hannaford. Our community is ready to answer.