Hannaford

Hannaford Employer Reviews

Friendly environment with easy work
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Waltham, MADecember 23, 2014
Pros: easy work load, good staff
Cons: distance, hours, and scheduling conflicts
A typical day can be relatively slow, in terms of the amount of customers. we would get a rush here an there. But there was definitely time to handle all the responsibilities that needed to be done. The co-workers are awesome and team players.
work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Washington Mills, NYDecember 19, 2014
Depdending on where i would be at...i could be at customer service or on front end! All around my current job is great..a great place to work for an awesome co workers! Great pay...great hours...just an all around great company to work for
Great part-time job
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Skowhegan, MEDecember 12, 2014
Hannaford has provided me with a great part time job while going through college. I have enjoyed the people I have worked with and interacting with the many customers.
Tedious hard work with a fun atmosphere
Night Crew (Former Employee), Bennington, VTDecember 10, 2014
Pros: choice of food
Cons: night shift
The hardest part of the job was lifting up and setting down up to 100lbs repetitively for forty-five minutes at a time, which made the most enjoyable part of the job even more enjoyable, a 2am lunch break.
Great job...
Pharmacist (Former Employee), Leominster, MADecember 9, 2014
I really have nothing bad to say about the job itself. I loved most of the people I worked with, but more importantly I loved my customers, they made each day worth waking up for, I miss them terribly already and wish everyone at the company well! They are making me write more about the company, but honestly because of the way I left I cant....
Leading grocery retailer in Maine
Meat Cutter (Current Employee), ScarboroughDecember 3, 2014
Pros: growth, job security - you can go grocery shopping after work.
Cons: they deny wc claims by default.
Hannaford is a great place to work, and gives opportunities for growth to those who put in the effort. Compensation is mediocre for entry level part-time positions, but Meat Cutters, Pharmacists and Managers make considerably more. My experience with management has been overall positive. Dealing with customers can be difficult. I would recommend this – more... company to younger individuals looking an entry level job with the opportunity to grow. – less
Just a job. Not a career
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Wappingers Falls, NYNovember 25, 2014
Had it's moments, good and bad. Wouldn't make a career out of working at Hannaford.
Not too bad
Center Store Associate (Former Employee), Augusta, MENovember 12, 2014
Pros: friendly coworkers, helpful management
Cons: drama, average pay
Great company to move up in if you can manage to avoid useless drama.
Productive, fast paced
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Modena, NYNovember 11, 2014
Pros: convienent
Cons: non-consistent managment
The pharmacy is a very fast paced environment with a day full of multi-tasking duties. I enjoy being busy and take good control of multi-tasking.
Productive workplace
Night crew stock associate (Current Employee), Gorham, MENovember 10, 2014
The hardest part of the job is the hours. My co-workers are amazing and make my job fun. The management will do anything that they can do to help out their employees.
fun to go to work
Maintenance (Current Employee), Lagrangeville, NYOctober 23, 2014
Pros: frequently offered lunches and free food
Cons: breaks go fast
its a fun place to work, managers are transferred frequently, I learned a lot being there i.e. ordering supplies. Coworkers are nice overall for the most part.
If it's just a start...
Cashier/Service Clerk/Meat and seafood clerk. (Former Employee), Gardiner, MEOctober 14, 2014
Pros: friendly environment, feeling of accomplishment when you succeed.
Cons: hours can be weird, depends on your store/department
If your first job is to be somewhere, let it be Hannaford. Sure, the hours may mess your life up a little bit, but you will join a family that will always be there to help you. I never felt like I was alone there, because someone would help me if I needed it. And if you show your stuff, and prove you're a good worker, you'll advance, and it will feel – more... worth it. – less
Nice co-workers
Cashier (Former Employee), Boothbay Harbor, MEOctober 10, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: dead end job
Hannaford is a large corporation. Hard work and dependability is not rewarded or noticed. The job is fine, however there is no room for advancement unless you are related to someone in a position of power.
Busy, consistent job.
Assistant Stock Crew Manager (Former Employee), Gray, MEOctober 6, 2014
Pros: good people to work with.
Cons: benefits could be better.
I worked for Hannaford for over six years and enjoyed my time there. I am looking to get into auto sales. I would go back if the right job came around.
the people i worked with were nice and reasonable to work for
Early Morning Stock Associate (Former Employee), Pelham, NHOctober 5, 2014
Pros: easy labor, good environment
Cons: challenging speed 1 case in 1 minute is extreme in my opinion
the typical day would start at 2 or 3 in the morning and i would have to lift 20 to 50 punt bags of dog/cat food everyday i worked. i would get a great workout while working lifting heavy weight and working at a fast pace would keep me on my fast on my feet . i enjoyed helping customers with any help or questions, also i made a lot of friends while – more... working is a customer service environment with co workers and customers that would regularly come to the store. the hardest part of the job would of been pulling 100 pounds of dog and cat food out on the floor at 2 in the morning , i never was trained for the electric pallet jack i had to use manual pallet jack to pull all that weight, but i still got the job done to my full potential with what i had to use to get it done properly. – less
They were willing to work with scheduling needs
Meat Clerk (Former Employee), Concord, NHOctober 1, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, decent pay.
Cons: no advancement.
Overall they were a good company, just didn't like the fact that I wanted to advance and was not given the opportunity to do so after being there for many years. I enjoyed working with many of my co-workers. Loved the customer interaction. I learned a lot of skills that I would not have otherwise. For example price changes, cuts of meat, customer relations.
My day as a Shift Leader
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Clinton MA 01510September 24, 2014
Pros: hannaford is located right in clinton, where i lived close by.
Cons: if only i can refreshing my skills again, working for hannaford
Working as a shift leader at Hannaford was a great opportunity for me. The reason i had decided to take the job as a shift leader, I enjoy counting money, And to make sure the heads of the bills where all face down. (organized) I also enjoy working with the cashiers. I would help out the elders with there grocery. My former manger taught me how to void – more... and do cash pick ups and how to handle with costumer who a problem with there debit cards. I do appreciate the mangers who taught me to be there for the cashiers and how to use the computers, and to deal with customers day by day needs. I'm glad that I decide to take the position of a shift leader. NOW I can say I have experiences as a shift leader. – less
Hannaford
Front End Associate (Former Employee), South Portland, MESeptember 10, 2014
Working at Hannaford was a great experience. What I didn't like was at times the job got really slow or really fast to a point where we couldn't keep up. But the people I worked with was worth every penny
Fun place to work
Bakery Associate (Current Employee), Ellsworth, MEAugust 29, 2014
Pros: friendly associates, 3 breaks with 7 hours working
Cons: health care, insurance
Most of the people were very relatable. They were fun to work with but they still could be your boss and professional when its needed. I loved that Hannaford is all about giving to the customers.
Good supermarket experience.
Cashier, Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Bennington, VTAugust 27, 2014
As a cashier - scan, bag, and receive payments. As a stock clerk - stock shelves with new product and make merchandise look presentable.

1 2 3 4 5

About Hannaford

Hannaford Bros. may have started as a fruit and vegetable stand in 1883, but it has expanded from its Maine roots to become an – Read more