Hannaford Employee Reviews

Family company
Selector/Loader (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MESeptember 25, 2016
My whole family has worked for hannaford for 30+ years it's an amazing place to work. They are all wonderful people! They have company outings and do a lot for there employees. They have there own private gym, nurse, and huge cafeteria!
productive and wasn't bad while it lasted.
Center Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Ayer, MASeptember 25, 2016
The work day was pretty simple, just stock shelves and keeping the floors clean. I never had to deal with costumers before so that was new and not bad. The management was nice and respectful. I'd have to say the hardest part of the job would be some of my coworkers but could also be the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
working with people was nice.
Cons
the store closed its doors for good.
Not a bad place to work
Assistant Manager of Customer Service (Current Employee) –  New London, NHSeptember 25, 2016
My co-workers are great - part of the reason I love my job. Hardest part is standing on your feet for over 8 hours a day. Enjoy working with the customers.
productive and stressful work enviornment
Cashier/Bagger (Former Employee) –  Sanford, MESeptember 24, 2016
Working at Hannaford was stressful to me with customers, and coworkers, i always managed to keep a smile on my face to get through a day of work. Hannafords maintenance of hannaford was really intimidating there was no funny business or even joking around everyone there seemed to love their jobs.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no insurance or benefits
Fast paced, friendly environment.
Check out Clerk, Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Carmel, NYSeptember 23, 2016
A typical day at Hannaford would be checking in with the supervisor and following the schedule for the day. I performed all that was requested of me and was always available to help out other employees should they need any assistance.
Depending on the Store you work for you may not like it
Deli Manager Trainee (Current Employee) –  Auburn, MESeptember 20, 2016
I worked as a deli manager trainee. I was told when I started that since I had already been trained on the basic functions of the deli that I would be able to complete my training in 4-6 months. My training took more than a year, various complications were involved there, but every time I was told, "hey we're going to do training starting (insert date), it wouldn't happen. This happened to me about 6 times over the course of the year. I finally started getting some training because the store I had transferred from called and wanted to know if I could fill in as an assistant in their deli department for a couple of months. At that point my manager decided that he couldn't send an untrained employee back up there because it would look bad on him so we started to do some serious training. Then things fell through with the transfer and the training stopped again. I grew very dissatisfied with Hannaford's because of the way I was put off time and time again in my training and development. If you just want a part time job then you would probably do fine working here, just be aware that depending on which store you work at you may quickly become disillusioned with the company.
Pros
Floating Holiday time
Cons
Lack of Training, Being asked to switch my schedule around constantly to cover call outs, Always working both weekend days
Working at Hannaford
Deli Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Gloversville, NYSeptember 19, 2016
Working at Hannaford is not bad at all but it is not sufficient enough income to live off of. The company over all as a whole is great with great work ethics and goals, but unless you find yourself into a career at Hannaford then hours are scarce and it is simply not enough income to live off of.
Pros
A nice work environment, very much like home.
Cons
Healthcare is not that great and unless you have a set position hours are scarce.
Very good work place to work for
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Enosburg Falls, VTSeptember 19, 2016
I loved working for this company. Everyone was very respectable. I also made good money for being a high school student at that time. The job I did I absolutely loved doing
Pros
Working with great people
Cons
N/A
what i feel
Cashier, customer service assossiate (Former Employee) –  South Glens Falls, NYSeptember 18, 2016
Being there for 9 years i liked the flexible schedule, meeting new people having great co workers, knowing you would stay busy everyday coming in, i always got called in because i was reliable, the down fall was getting disrespected toward the time i was switching to a new job. and taking advantage of me bc i do my job so well.
It's a full time job fair company
Assistant Meat Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Hampden, MESeptember 15, 2016
Well I manage a department of meat and seafood when the manager is on vacation or not available. I am a meat cutter, clerk, cleaner, I perform many task to keep the department on point.
Pros
N/a
Work is reasonable
Deli Associate (Current Employee) –  Lunenburg, MASeptember 13, 2016
The work itself is fairly easy and most customer interaction is good. There are needlessly rude people, but that is to be expected from any job. Most co-workers are understanding and capable of doing their job well. Management is not ideal, hiring some co-workers that are incapable of doing simple tasks. When asked about the incapable employees, management took no steps to resolve the issue, despite affecting ever other worker in the department. Having to remove waste from the department would leave you with a very bad smell. Nearly everything else was simple and was a friendly environment to be in.
Pros
Occasionally had food for employees, healthcare options, company events
Cons
Sometimes would get bad treatment from customers, some lazy co-workers
Enjoyable environment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Hooksett, NHSeptember 13, 2016
The co-workers were friendly and helpful. I garnered quite a bit of information and experience in the short time that I was there.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with the customers.
Productive workplace
CUSTOMER SERVICE AND CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Raymond, NHSeptember 2, 2016
Fun place to work, work with a lot of really nice people. Always find projects to keep myself busy. I work with many customers paying bills, doing returns, western union and all other questions and problem solving.
Pros
Working with others as a team
Cons
no full time
Customer service
Customer Service Lead (Current Employee) –  Uxbridge, MASeptember 2, 2016
great enviroment good people good management i love working here wouldn't trade it for the world hannaford for life for life life
Fast paced retial environment.
EOM/Book Keeper/Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEAugust 31, 2016
Hard work is encouraged and required. Fast pace requires ability to move from one task to another and staying focused on the job at hand. Large corporate environment.
busy work environment
Part Time Front End Service Lead (Current Employee) –  Ballston Spa, NYAugust 28, 2016
Days are busy with customers and sales. I've learned how to multi-task and delegate out to others what needs to be done. My coworkers are fun and energetic. Company makes sure that you smile and laugh each day. Managers put on several fun activities in the break room each month to keep moral up.
Good company to work for
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Kennebunk, MEAugust 26, 2016
Good company to work for but didn't get many hours. Instead of trying to give the current employers more hours, they hired more people.
Hannaford Associate's Pro's&Con's
Front End Associate (Former Employee) –  Claremont, NHAugust 26, 2016
Easily said, Hannaford is a wonderful place to work. I enjoy the flexible hours, coworkers, and management team. It's easy to move up in this company, and everyone seems to get along. That being said, the hardest part of the job was for me to find a fit in the store. I wasn't sure what would work best for me, and I didn't have a lot of help with that. But besides that, I enjoyed working here.
Pros
Coworkers, management, good environment
Cons
Time-off gets cut short sometimes, not always hours that fit your needs
Great co-workers, fun environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Winthrop, MEAugust 24, 2016
Thought it was good at first, job gets old real quick, hired me as full-time only to find out I was really hired as "part time", only good thing about it is the co-workers, you don't get as many hours as they say you will, won't get paid as much as they say you will.
Pros
awesome co-workers, clean atmosphere, uplifting environment
Cons
Management is unsteady, lots of favoritism, low pay, little to no advancement, randomly automated hours.
Great starter job.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  MaineAugust 23, 2016
My experience was a little different than I had hoped. The first month or so went really well. I enjoyed it, until you started to see the drama that sometimes happens. Some of the customers were very rude, but the thing that got me the most is that I was looking for something that had more to it. Some of the cashiers would be stuck doing carts and bagging all day, they wouldn't put you on a register unless they really needed you. Some of management didn't really care if some of the cashiers were injured, they would be very rude to them and didn't carr because they would still send you out doing carts. It didn't matter if it was too home or too cold, they say that they bring you in after 10 minutes, depending if it was way too hot or way too cold. They would sometimes forget about whoever was outside.
Pros
You could wear jeans
Cons
Not good enough pay, couldn't apply for full time as a cashier, couldn't switch to a different department, and hours weren't worth it.