Hannaford Employer Reviews

fun to go to work
Maintenance (Current Employee), Lagrangeville, NYOctober 23, 2014
Pros: frequently offered lunches and free food
Cons: breaks go fast
its a fun place to work, managers are transferred frequently, I learned a lot being there i.e. ordering supplies. Coworkers are nice overall for the most part.
If it's just a start...
Cashier/Service Clerk/Meat and seafood clerk. (Former Employee), Gardiner, MEOctober 14, 2014
Pros: friendly environment, feeling of accomplishment when you succeed.
Cons: hours can be weird, depends on your store/department
If your first job is to be somewhere, let it be Hannaford. Sure, the hours may mess your life up a little bit, but you will join a family that will always be there to help you. I never felt like I was alone there, because someone would help me if I needed it. And if you show your stuff, and prove you're a good worker, you'll advance, and it will feel – more... worth it. – less
Nice co-workers
Cashier (Former Employee), Boothbay Harbor, MEOctober 10, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: dead end job
Hannaford is a large corporation. Hard work and dependability is not rewarded or noticed. The job is fine, however there is no room for advancement unless you are related to someone in a position of power.
Busy, consistent job.
Assistant Stock Crew Manager (Former Employee), Gray, MEOctober 6, 2014
Pros: good people to work with.
Cons: benefits could be better.
I worked for Hannaford for over six years and enjoyed my time there. I am looking to get into auto sales. I would go back if the right job came around.
the people i worked with were nice and reasonable to work for
Early Morning Stock Associate (Former Employee), Pelham, NHOctober 5, 2014
Pros: easy labor, good environment
Cons: challenging speed 1 case in 1 minute is extreme in my opinion
the typical day would start at 2 or 3 in the morning and i would have to lift 20 to 50 punt bags of dog/cat food everyday i worked. i would get a great workout while working lifting heavy weight and working at a fast pace would keep me on my fast on my feet . i enjoyed helping customers with any help or questions, also i made a lot of friends while – more... working is a customer service environment with co workers and customers that would regularly come to the store. the hardest part of the job would of been pulling 100 pounds of dog and cat food out on the floor at 2 in the morning , i never was trained for the electric pallet jack i had to use manual pallet jack to pull all that weight, but i still got the job done to my full potential with what i had to use to get it done properly. – less
They were willing to work with scheduling needs
Meat Clerk (Former Employee), Concord, NHOctober 1, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, decent pay.
Cons: no advancement.
Overall they were a good company, just didn't like the fact that I wanted to advance and was not given the opportunity to do so after being there for many years. I enjoyed working with many of my co-workers. Loved the customer interaction. I learned a lot of skills that I would not have otherwise. For example price changes, cuts of meat, customer relations.
My day as a Shift Leader
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Clinton MA 01510September 24, 2014
Pros: hannaford is located right in clinton, where i lived close by.
Cons: if only i can refreshing my skills again, working for hannaford
Working as a shift leader at Hannaford was a great opportunity for me. The reason i had decided to take the job as a shift leader, I enjoy counting money, And to make sure the heads of the bills where all face down. (organized) I also enjoy working with the cashiers. I would help out the elders with there grocery. My former manger taught me how to void – more... and do cash pick ups and how to handle with costumer who a problem with there debit cards. I do appreciate the mangers who taught me to be there for the cashiers and how to use the computers, and to deal with customers day by day needs. I'm glad that I decide to take the position of a shift leader. NOW I can say I have experiences as a shift leader. – less
Front End Associate (Former Employee), South Portland, MESeptember 10, 2014
Working at Hannaford was a great experience. What I didn't like was at times the job got really slow or really fast to a point where we couldn't keep up. But the people I worked with was worth every penny
Fun place to work
Bakery Associate (Current Employee), Ellsworth, MEAugust 29, 2014
Pros: friendly associates, 3 breaks with 7 hours working
Cons: health care, insurance
Most of the people were very relatable. They were fun to work with but they still could be your boss and professional when its needed. I loved that Hannaford is all about giving to the customers.
Good supermarket experience.
Cashier, Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Bennington, VTAugust 27, 2014
As a cashier - scan, bag, and receive payments. As a stock clerk - stock shelves with new product and make merchandise look presentable.
clean and organized work place
Deli Clerk (Part-time) (Current Employee), South Burlington, VTAugust 23, 2014
Slicing deli meat, cooking hot foods, organizing and cleaning the deli.
Hannaford is a good place to work at
Cashier /Bagger (Current Employee), Hooksett, NHJuly 26, 2014
I enjoy working at Hannaford because while they are a company they are very community orientated and my coworkers and managers all care for each other and encourage eachother's goals.
Stay at home Mom
Front end Shift Leader (Former Employee), Lewiston, MEJuly 24, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: temporary employment
I accepted this job in order to have the opportunity to stay home with my children. I worked part time evenings and weekends. This was not a career of choice just a way to supplement income for my family. I started as a cashier and was quickly promoted to supervisor.
Great company
Deli Associate (Former Employee), Raymond, NHJuly 18, 2014
I loved working at Hannaford. I worked here for 3 years before I had my daughter. I loved the management and my co-workers as well as my regular customers.
BAKERY ASSOICATE TRAINEE (Former Employee), Town of Wappinger, NYJuly 17, 2014
Hannaford Supermarkets was a fun and cool place to work. Everyone is friendly and was good employer to work for. Bakery and Deli Department was the best departments to get into and I love my customers there. Working up front was hard for me because with all the upper management and your department managers is on to you and you must do your job or you – more... will get into trouble. – less
Productive Work Place
Cashier (Former Employee), Lewiston, MEJuly 9, 2014
I enjoyed working for Hannaford. There were always smiling faces and I was treated very fairly. Any questions or concerns that I had they were taken care of.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Marlborough, MAJuly 3, 2014
Pros: good raises
Cons: no employee appreciation
Hannaford is an okay workplace. they dont really treat employees as individuals.
customer service
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Buxton, MEJune 25, 2014
Pros: customers
Cons: not enough hours...
This was a job that taught me a lot about customer service and handling money. I loved seeing customers happy and taking care of them in a pleasant way.
Ok Job
Meat Department Clerk (Current Employee), Niskayuna, NYJune 10, 2014
Serve Customers
Learned more about meats and seafood
great co-workers
Stockmen Work
Store Associate/Stocking Clerk (Former Employee), Gloversville, NYJune 4, 2014
Pros: worked alone, simple work
Responsibilities were to make sure that shelves were stocked and maintained in the proper manner. I learned to keep inventory together to make sure shelves were fully filled. Was given an isle to work on alone majority of the time. Was night shift and had good co-workers and there were no difficulty's about the job.

1 2 3 4 5

About Hannaford

Hannaford Bros. may have started as a fruit and vegetable stand in 1883, but it has expanded from its Maine roots to become an – Read more