Hannaford Employee Reviews

Decent job
Service Leader (Current Employee) –  New Hartford, NYJuly 19, 2017
A typical day consists of making sure customers get what they need, have fast checkouts, manage breaks for co-workers, making sure that certain tasks are done every hour.
Fast paced, but good management and co-workers
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Damariscotta, MEJuly 18, 2017
I would recommend Hannaford to other people. Not only as a place of employment, but for customers as well. The company is small and well run. The room for advancement is not great, but the work environment is nice.
Pros
Great people
Cons
No real room for advancement
Best job I ever had
Assistant Manager of Customer Service (Former Employee) –  East Hampstead, NHJuly 17, 2017
I learned a lot from working at Hannaford. I started as a part time cashier and worked my way up to full time Assistant Manager of customer service. I was responsible for the cashiers, service leaders, service desk and cash office. I loved what I did and worked hard to prove myself.
Pros
good hours, great pay, benefits
Okay place to work
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYJuly 16, 2017
Would not go work for them again. Careful with HR shady stuff going on. Keep notes of incidents, times, dates and who you spoke to, you will need it!!
Pros
You get all your breaks
Cons
You get put down
Great company, very clean
OVERNIGHT STOCKER (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYJuly 14, 2017
Greatest company I've worked for. Very friendly and customer focused. Best part of my day was engaging with customers and co workers. Least favorite would be pushing carts in the heat. Hats off to the cart pushers.
Pros
fast paced but friendly
Cons
lack of room for advancement
Friendly workplace
Assistant Manager of Customer Service (Former Employee) –  East Greenbush, NYJuly 14, 2017
Managed well, through standardized practices in HR and overall sales efforts. The best part of the job was working with individuals at each of the markets, very friendly workplace.
Fun work place
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Schodack Landing, NYJuly 14, 2017
Hannaford was a positive experience for me. The scheduled hours worked well with my home life and the managers were flexible and understanding. I enjoyed working there.
Fun and friendly workplace.
Service Leader/Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 13, 2017
Love everyone I work with everyday. All workers are happy and have wonderful customer service. I am proud to say I am a Hannaford employee. Never have I worked with a company with such respectful management and employees. All customers seem to be the happiest they can be always with a smile on their face. The worst part of the day is leaving because I can truly call them my family.
Pros
everyone and everything
Cons
absoluty nothing
just above minimum wage at horrible hours
Deli Associate (Current Employee) –  MaineJuly 10, 2017
The work is ok and not too difficult. At a smaller store you can expect to do twice the work compared to people at larger stores. At a small store like i work in you have to do just about everything in your department, at larger stores they specialize you. The hours are also rough, say good bye to a social life. They want open hours, you can expect to be closing one night and opening the next, it happens frequently. And for a part timer you can expect to fluctuate from 16 hours across 4 days a week to 21 hours in 3 days. This work burns people out fast.
Pros
dollar raise on sundays
Cons
horrible hours
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service/Service Desk Representative (Current Employee) –  Augusta, ME 04330July 10, 2017
Enjoyable, fast pace environment where an individual has the opportunity to provide excellent customer service to a diverse customer base. Flexible hours with early morning to late evening work available.
Pros
Flex-time postions
Cons
Few full time postions
Ok place to work at first then not so good
Stock crew manager (Former Employee) –  Massena, NYJuly 9, 2017
Was good job when got hired then went into different department and was ok then went into management and got worse from there then the company down sized so was not good after that everything changed for the worse
Cons
Assistant Manager of Customer Service (Current Employee) –  South Burlington, VTJuly 9, 2017
Flexible with scheduling and really takes care of their employees. It's evident that Hannaford really cares about the welfare of all associates and takes pride in being an excellent place to shop and work.
Fun place to work, laugh and make friends. Job is a bit dull.
Customer Service Leader (Current Employee) –  Niskayuna, NYJuly 8, 2017
I've met some amazing people during my tenure at Hannaford. Some life long friends actually. The job is just a bit annoying, and the work in mindless. You'll find that you're kind of stuck in situations where you're pulling the entire weight of your department all by yourself and your not reaping any benefits of it. Sometimes it feels like hard work gets your nowhere but if management ACTUALLY takes notice to it (which they hardly do) they reward you handsomely. Hannaford as a company does a lot to please employees and compensate them fairly, I've never had a problem with my pay. It's just certain employees are so out of tune with how the retail business works and some of the upper management are out of touch.
Pros
Free food in the break room regularly, Great personalities, Breaks every two hours.
Cons
Laziness in employees with no accountability. Lack-luster training, retail hours.
retail
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Buxton, MEJuly 8, 2017
Entrepreneurs value employees who are constantly striving to make themselves better—having a more skilled team leads to a better company. I love when my employees say, ‘I want to learn more about this,’ or ‘I really think I could help the company by moving into this area.’
clean and safe workig environment
Assistant Meat Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYJuly 6, 2017
Clean and safe work environment with decent pay scale. The hardest part of the job is the retail hours which change from week to week. I enjoy working with others and helping customers.
Easy to learn, hard to master
Cashier Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Hampden, MEJuly 4, 2017
Direct supervisors are very divergent on expectations, work itself is relatively menial and stress is dependent on customer flow. You receive no benefits working part time, and will likely compete for hours.
Friendly
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Ballston Spa, NYJuly 2, 2017
Overall a good starting job. Does have opportunities for promotion but only in management. Mostly good managers with few issues. Raises are not guaranteed. Employees are easy to get along with. Very hard to get full time positions.
Pros
Easy schedualing
Cons
Benfits
Easy place to gain valuable experience in different fields
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Caribou, MEJune 30, 2017
Work was routine based with some high-stress periods. you have an opportunity to easily switch between departments and learn other skills, management is very kind and will work with you through any struggle you may have. the most enjoyable part of the job is the customers, they make things interesting.
Pros
Friendly co workers
Cons
slow in the winter
Supportive caring community based company.
Customer Service Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Albans, VT, Milton, VT, Morisville, VTJune 30, 2017
This company had wonderful staff that really took care of each other and became a "family". Every one was always really excited to be working with customers and showed a positive attitude along with a variety of skills to accommodate customers. The Milton(VT) location was the absolute best out of all the ones i worked with. Training was made fun and thorough giving employees the confidence to do really well. Extra training was even offered to ensure employees be capable of success and improvement was always encouraged. They also encourage employees to advance by moving up and taking higher positions and responsibilities. It is one of the absolute best companies to start a career in or for a first job. Very rarely did I have a negative experience.
Pros
Decent amount of breaks, friendly environment
not fun
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 29, 2017
bad job to work for i worked in deli . the hardest part of the job was nobody else did there job.the most enjoyable was going home at the end of the day.
Pros
great pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hannaford. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval