Hannaford Employee Reviews in United States

Worst place ever!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clinton, NYMay 25, 2016
Management is bad, The training you get is the worst ever. They play favorites, and some of the workers there abuse drugs and nothing ever gets done about it. They expect you to give up your life for the store and could care less about you. They try their best to cover up the truth and make it look like a great place to work but it's all lies.
Pros
Customers are friendly.
Cons
Bad managment, no work life balance
work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAMay 23, 2016
a typical day at work would be on the cashier or bagging. wasn't the best job butt I needed the money, I got to interact with others and work together. I learned a lot of communication skills, but the hardest part of the job was pushing carriages. the most enjoyable part of the job was helping customs and being able to speak to others.
Pros
breaks
Cons
no free lunch or discounts
Once I was injured, they were done with me
Bakery Associate (Former Employee) –  Saco, MEMay 21, 2016
This company provided an unsafe work environment. I saw several people from the deli department sustain severe injuries from the meat saws and the management would try to convince them not to go to the doctor or hospital or doctor, saying it was "not that bad". I was injured in the freezer after the melting ice on the freezer caused a heavy box to fall on my head. After spending six weeks in a collar with a neck injury I was mostly healed, but could only do the job I had been hired to do. I was called at the end of the season by the Associate Relations Manager who offered me some hours, which I said I would gladly take. She told me I would be working with maintenance, which involved a lot of heavy lifting and reaching, which she knew I could not do. When I told her that, she said that if I wasn't willing to take the hours they were offering me that they wouldn't be able to offer me any more. It was their back handed way of getting me off the pay roll so that workman's comp would just offer me a payout and get rid of me. Not a good company to work for.
Fast Hard and Gritty
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHMay 19, 2016
If you like to keep on work, work, work than being in a fast-food chain is for you. You are on your feet throughout your shift. It may get dirty but this job has some perks to it.
Hanna fords Supermarket retail
Cashier and Cart Worker (Former Employee) –  182 Summer Street, Kingston, MAMay 18, 2016
Hannafords first off was my 1st official, actual real job (umpiring I don't really count as a job so much as an activity). At Hanford's I went through a extensive amount of training via videos or lessons on a computer before I actually began as a cashier. However as I cashier I was relayed on to do and get groceries and customers done very quickly but also effectively. Also I organized shopping carts when asked to. This experience of a cashier gave me much better people skills from always greeting all types of people in all types of moods, ranging from very happy to a mad and bad mooded person just looking to take some anger out on someone.
Pros
Flexible hours, easy breaks, good experience
Cons
Lot of pressure on doing things incredibly fast
Good stepping stone in Working
Front end Associate (Current Employee) –  Northwood, NHMay 17, 2016
Hannaford's was my first real job getting paid, my previous work was volunteer. It taught me work place responsibility as well as how to have friendly customer service and how to work with what can sometimes be difficult customers which can be the hardest part of the job. Management was friendly and kind and I got along well with them as well as my co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job would be talking with customers and co-workers, due to the fact i'm a talkative person.
Pros
Coupons for doing well that can be used toward items in the store
Cons
Hours can be odd
hmm
Produce Associate (Current Employee) –  Concord, NHMay 17, 2016
It is okay there but there are a lot of dishonest people who are lazy and do not have any integrity. I would get in make a list of everything that wasw empty on the sales floor then go build a cart and fill those items.
Pros
There is a paycheck
Cons
No discount, low pay, rude associates
good people with excellent benefits
Deli associate (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MEMay 16, 2016
Exceptional work area, team is friendly and very helpful with a highly fast changing environment. Learn how to cook using a grill, or a rotisserie oven.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
requires fast paced
Dismal.
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MEMay 14, 2016
Management thinks you're incapable of accomplishing anything and talks down.

Needs a little more TLC to be bearable as there is a lack of passion throughout the whole store.
Pros
Often manageable scheduling, not a heavy workload.
Cons
No benefits for part time, lax management.
Excellent place to work a first job
Cashier/ Customer Service Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Londonderry, NHMay 14, 2016
The management interact with every working in every setting. It is fair pay, the people are nice, and the customers are rarely unruly. Good food, good service, clean, and flexible.
Pros
Great general atmosphere
productive workplace, poor management
Seafood Service Leader (Current Employee) –  Plattekill, NYMay 11, 2016
always a productive day.
learned a lot of direct customer assistance skills.
management is poor.
coworkers pleasant.
hardest part of job is pleasing management.
most enjoyable part of job is your days goes by fast.
First Job
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Carmel, NYMay 9, 2016
Great for a first job because your learn to multitask and keep your cool under a fast pace environment. You also learn how to fill out an order in a small time frame.
Pros
50% off your lunch
Cons
Only one break
Only here for money, regret ever being a shift leadee
Deli shift leader (Current Employee) –  Carmel, NYMay 9, 2016
Mangers are. Lazy, too much gossip with manager and assistants. Hard workers are often in and out and the lazy workers stay for a long time , when I started the deli and became shift leader I do regret it I stepped down and they still hold me responsible and really poor training and I've worked there for 2 years and still looking for another job. All about MPP no one knows what that's is and manager talk bad about their own crew to other departments.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Poor management
Unfriendly environment with terrible managers
Cashier/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Maine, MEMay 3, 2016
I used to work for a Hannaford in Maine. I quit my job there because of the way the managers treated me. Although managers did treat me terribly, I also saw that other employees were given poor treatment. They make no accommodations to make the work environment fun. I do not recommend this job. I have seen mistreatment of employees in other Hannaford stores around the state. Even when the "big managers" came into the store, they were still not friendly and you felt degraded. I could rant on for hours about how horrible my experience was with Hannaford.
Cons
Poor managers
It was a wonderful first job.
Cashier/Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEMay 2, 2016
Working at Hannaford for about a year, it makes for a wonderful first job. It gets you going and teaches you about team work. It also gets you ready for working with customers no matter how difficult they might be.
Pros
Good team, friendly, easy to work with for school
Cons
Sometimes poor management.
productive and fast paced work enviroment
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Colonie, NYMay 2, 2016
Working at Hannaford gave me experience in managing cashiers and service clerks while in a fast paced enviroment. My co-workers are excellent and very easy to work with.
Pros
great work enviroment
Hannaford
Current Employer/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MA 01824April 30, 2016
In the deli department we are required to serve any customers, maintain service floors, open and close the deli, and maintain slicers and cook fried foods along with being able to manage your own time based on cleaning tasks.
Pros
Overtime on Sundays
Cons
Poor training and poor time management
Busy job where I assist my cashiers and customers with any of their needs.
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Malta, NYApril 28, 2016
I enjoy keeping busy with my cashiers and customers. I assist with regular check out, western union, money orders, bill pay, and other things that arise at any given moment. I enjoy my customers a great deal, I have always risen to the opportunity to help others in whatever way I can. The only down to the job is the uncertain hours. I work mostly second shift and then early the next day, this makes it hard to have a normal life.
I would like to be in the medical field again, in any capacity. Helping others is my calling.
Pros
Learning daily about people and what goes on within a grocery store.
Cons
Terrible hours
Good place to Start a job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYApril 23, 2016
A typical day at work at Hannafords is standing outside of my lane, Greeting Customers as they come by and ask them if they're ready to check out. If they are, ask them if they found everything that they were looking for, did they have any coupons or reusable bags, did they check their eggs and did they want their meat separate. Management is o.k. for a job like this they worst part of the job is that if it's a slow day, the time drags on, sometimes they forget about you having breaks until like 15-30 mins before your shift finishes. Most of my co-workers are great there, fun to be around and talk to when you can. I've learned to gather more customer service skills and be able to have fun with customers.
Pros
Occasionally free lunches
negative atmosphere
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Rutland, VTApril 22, 2016
I liked the work i did but the manager was very negative . i find it hard to work with people with such a debbie downer attitude . i learned alot about many types of fruits and veggies while there.
Pros
friendly customers
Cons
negative employees