Hannaford Employee Reviews in United States

Great first job
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Peabody, MAAugust 21, 2016
This was my first job and I quickly moved from a cashier to a supervisor role. I loved that all management trusted my choices and decisions. Good coworkers and Managers.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
expensive benefits
okokokokokokokokokok
Bookkeeper / Customer Service Lead (Former Employee) –  okokokokokokokokokokAugust 17, 2016
it was great. best company to work for. everyone was fair and equal. working with people was the most enjoyable. i learned a lot.. management was great and always hyelpful.
Friendly and Fast-Paced Environment
Service Leader (Former Employee) –  Old Town, MEAugust 16, 2016
Being employed at Hannaford was a wonderful 3 years. I gained unmeasurable amounts of knowledge while working there. Hannaford as a company constantly praises those who provide exceptional customer service and let them know they are an asset to the store as a whole. The management at the Old Town Hannaford is remarkable and are confident leaders who you feel comfortable around.
Work day
Deli Associate (Current Employee) –  Waterboro, MEAugust 12, 2016
Greeting customers and making small talk while i'm waiting on them.
it's a good work place when your co works are working for the same goal and getting things done in a timely fashion
Pros
friendly co works
Cons
short breaks
Great place to grow
Night Crew Associate, Cashier, Grocery Associate (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEAugust 11, 2016
I worked there for 7 years, it was great as there was always room to grow and change to a different role. Things did change when Delhaize bought out Hannaford Bros but that is life. Overall a great place to work.
I enjoyed it
Center Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Swanton, VTAugust 9, 2016
Hannaford is a great place to work. Stay positive with everyone, do your daily duties and you will love it. Depending on where you live it can also be somewhat lucrative to start as well.
Front End Cashier
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYAugust 7, 2016
It's not a terrible job. I was happy they hired me and gave me a chance to bring home a little something. But management sucks, and they are bias when it comes to giving hours. They try to divide it between 100 people instead of keep hiring over and over. People kept leaving and i still got little to no hours. Glad i moved on!!!
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Not enough Hours
Each store is different but Kennebunk is the best
Receiver, Scan File, Maintenance Lead (Former Employee) –  Kennebunk, MEAugust 6, 2016
My direct supervisor was amazing. Realized that it was just a job and was big on making sure that you were balancing life and work well. Actually cared when you had an issue at work or in your personal life. Lots of room for growth and personal advancement. Not every store or management team is the same but Kennebunk was awesome.
Dealing with customers
Deli Service Leader (Former Employee) –  trieble ave ballston spaAugust 5, 2016
Open the Deli, do an order of supplies , slice meat, cook chicken and serve customers. What I enjoyed the most was making sure that our customers walked away happy.
Great Company to work for
CERTIFIED WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Schodack Landing, NYAugust 1, 2016
I spent 10+ years working at the Hannaford DC in upstate NY. This was a great job to get after high school with competitive pay. Gained valuable work experience and distribution knowledge.
Pros
Good pay, develop skills
Cons
Mandatory Overtime

Want to know more about Hannaford?

Ask a question
Productive working environment
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Carmel, NYAugust 1, 2016
Working at Hannfords allowed me to expand my customer experience and learn more about interacting with customers. I enjoy doing customer service because I am a people's person and love to communicate .
Pros
Coworkers and customers
Cahier
Service Leader (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAJuly 30, 2016
Supermarket work, ringing customer up and helping with their shopping needs is what you are there for. So be ready to help people. It is where you first learning communications skills and should be proud of it.
Im a people person😉
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYJuly 29, 2016
At Hanafords I had a lot of fun. Met a lot of different people and characters.learned how to manage the cash registers learned the food codes and most of all loved working there.we worked in unity like a family😊
Pros
Discounts😃
Cons
No extra hours😑
Good place to work with great people
Center Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Hampstead, NHJuly 27, 2016
You have to have a lot of knowledge about all aspects of the store and wear many hats if you will. This in not for a low energy person. Payroll is really tight
Pros
Great fasted paced job
Cons
Lots of moving parts that you can not control
Time went by quick and job was overall enjoyable
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MAJuly 27, 2016
I was a closer at those job, so I was the only one in my department from a half hour after coming in untill the department closed. Overall the job was easy and list orientated. Most of the job was based around sorting and organizing, which are two things I enjoy.
Pros
Very independant
never get bored.
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NHJuly 25, 2016
We would run the Q, count it, label it, give it to the Rph to check. Answer phones, wait on customers, resolve Insurance problems, call Dr. with questions on rx's. then put orders away, enter orders for the next day, we had what we called a T-schedule (time) that all techs went by and had different positions during the day. So no tech was doing 1 job all day long. We all got along. I did the schedule for the department, a lot of days off, out early, start later type of things. I retired after 32 years happily, and now I need a change.
Pros
Rph's would buy us Chinese food or Pizza when we had an outstanding day
Cons
there was never any food left over!
Worst place ever
Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Old Town, MEJuly 25, 2016
Management is just terrible, requesting time off never works you get scheduled anyway. Schedule has no consistency. And They don't do squat for your birthday. I hated it here, people werent friendly, customers blamed you for everything that ever went wrong in there life. Quitting was the smartest move ive ever made.
Pros
Cons
everything
Great company to work for, positive work environment, healthcare, and they care about their employees
Customer Service Associate. Grocery associate (Former Employee) –  Enosburg Falls, VTJuly 17, 2016
Hannaford was a great company to work for, I was there during high school and they worked with my schedule very well with school and sports. A typical day at work, I would after school, go change and punch in, usually my first task of my shift would be to check all of the quick seller items. The milk, gallons of water, eggs, and bread. Once stocking those items I would move onto dairy repacks, on Monday Wednesday and Friday, there would be a truck arriving and I would be unloading the truck, after unloading the truck I would break down every single pallet and put them on certain carts for each isle just so the night crew had it a little easier. I learned a lot while working at hannaford, I learned how to be a people person, how deal with rude and angry customers, I learned how to do everyone's job around me.my coworkers were pretty great we were all about the same age and all friends with eachother so therefore everyone worked really well with eachother. The hardest part of my job was when I would show up to work and the higher up sent down a new shelf arrangement, and my bosses would be staring at it, then when they saw me they would hand it to me and walk off to go do something else, doing everyone else's job and not getting the recognition for it was the hardest part hence why I left the store at the start of my senior year of high school, the most enjoyable part of the job was the people, my coworkers were phenomenal and I enjoyed working with every one of them.
Pros
They worked with my school and sports schedule very well.
Cons
They would only give me 7.5 hours after school instead of the full 8
great place to work
Service Leader (Former Employee) –  Claremont, NHJuly 13, 2016
Great first time job for employees, everybody is willing to help you if you need assistance for anything, always busy,
Pros
room for advancement
Cons
nothing gets done about harrassment
very fun clean warm and welcoming place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJuly 12, 2016
a very well organized company, trained well. workers are all friendly and easy to work with! team work is huge and as a team we accomplish all tasks needed to fulfill our job and serve customers to the best of our ability, but i would like something new.
Pros
nothing
Cons
short breaks.