Hannaford Employee Reviews

Not fun and sometimes hard to want to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wynantskill, NYMay 24, 2017
Lot of problems with people putting others down not letting any part time workers a chance to move up or be given a fair shot at working I'm other departments.
Pros
Decent hours at times
Cons
Too much badmouthing of others
Good First Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEMay 24, 2017
This is the kind of job that someone young and inexperienced should look at getting. The pay isn't very good and the work can get pretty stale on slow days. If you like customer service than this is an okay place to work.
Awesome people to work with.
Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MEMay 22, 2017
Good place if you want part time work. Seems like You have to work there for awhile to get a full time job. Also the pay isn't very good as well as your schedule. Always different.
Poor leadership, a lot of turnover, and a "do it or else" attitude
Associate Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MA and Norwood, MAMay 22, 2017
This workplace, like most, has a very big "boys club" mentality. If you do not speak their language or if you have differing opinions you are deemed "negative" even if what you are saying is true. They will follow you around until they find a way to terminate you and then make it happen. This is a huge leadership flaw and their leaders would rather use draconian styles of management rather than actually work with their employees. If you run into a manager who doesn't like you or thinks that you aren't on the same page they will make it their mission to get rid of you and make your workplace hostile. The boys club includes females as well as long as they are in lock step with upper management. If not, they're out. They force you to think and act like them and if you do not they will take your job.
Pros
Dental, Vision, Health insurance
Cons
poor management, boys club mentality
Everyday is different.
ASSISTANT DELI MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Saco, MEMay 20, 2017
The customer interaction is my favorite part. Everyone I work with is friendly and helpful. It's a great place to work if you enjoy a team environment.
Laid back work enviroment with helpful management.
Maintenance Associate (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MEMay 19, 2017
Overall good environment to work part time while attending school or if you just don't have a lot of time. Management will work with you as well on most issues that may or may not arise in your daily life or workplace.
That's not my job
Receiver/Stocker (Former Employee) –  MaineMay 19, 2017
While the pay is decent and the benefits good, I've never in my life been asked to wear so many hats. The company motto should be That's not my job. My managers spent all day in the office doing pretty much nothing while pushing their work off on me and another employee, they bury you in freight but say there's not enough hours earned to put it up and sort it. They truly do not care their people are miserable.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Management and corporate
good job great people
Associate (Current Employee) –  Voorheesville, NYMay 18, 2017
enjoy my time there. Work goes by quick. Fellow associates are great. People are very kind and willing to help you so that you learn quick. It is a community store which has many familiar faces and is very quaint
Pros
great people
Great company
Non foods manager / evening manager (Former Employee) –  Raymond, NHMay 18, 2017
Loved working for hannaford- met so many life long friends - management staff was always there for each other with advise or a helping hand... great company culture-
Pros
Amazing company culture
Cons
Weekends/ schedule.
Productive place to work
Bagger, Cashier, Produce associate (Former Employee) –  Bar Harbor, MEMay 17, 2017
Customers are very pleasant, I learned how to work the register and many other of the jobs through out the store. Depending on what department you worked in your manager could be descent or not.
Pros
nice and friendly staff and customers
Cons
Management can be iffy at times
It was eh
Cashier/Bagger (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEMay 17, 2017
I did not really care for working at Hannaford's. It was not what I wanted to do and the other workers did not help the fact any. I did not care for my supervisors either. They were creepy, invasive, and frankly slightly rude.
Lots of work with no one to do it with.
Center Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAMay 16, 2017
Have to bust your butt doing stuff for the closing manager that the night crew would do anyway, and because it isn't as busy as Market Basket it is only you for the most part. Was not too bad until you have to move a literal ton of ice in the middle of the night.
Pros
Nothing it's a first time job.
Cons
Bunch of work for no benefits.
Fun place to work with bad management
Stocker/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYMay 16, 2017
Everyone at the Latham location got along well but management was terrible. The job itself wasn't bad and everyone (usually) helped each other when needed.

Unfortunately, they don't fully train you then yell at you and degrade/humiliate you when you don't understand how to do it, then proceed to talk about other employees behind their back
Good starting job.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bridgton, MEMay 15, 2017
Good starting job but there is a lot of unneeded drama between employees. Pretty much don't bother trying to talk to management because they only side with other management.
Pros
Pay is good, they teach you what you need to know.
Cons
Hours can change a lot/ not a consistent schedule.
Very fast pace.
Bakery Associate (Current Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYMay 15, 2017
This job keeps you moving. Things get hectic and you're always busy. Always have something to do. May need to cover shifts alot for others, Cutsomers always need your assistance as well.
Fast and fun
Bakery / Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Gray, MEMay 15, 2017
Start work at 4:00am prepare donuts and muffins for case for open at 7:00am, following with preparation for daily bake. Setting up product for the following day. Ordering of product and inventory. Customer service with face to face customers. Insuring every customer is satisfied. The most enjoyable part of the day was the interaction with daily customers and regular weekly to daily customers. Work place was at a unprofessional environment with the quick change in management.
Pros
people face paced
Cons
schedule limited opportunity to move up
good and bad
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Bedford, NHMay 14, 2017
Some managers are great, some are pretty bad. My manager in my department is great and I love working with her. The store manager is really difficult to work with. Other department managers can be challenging, but some are really great.
Productive and fun to be at
Center Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Ballston Spa, NYMay 14, 2017
Everyday I arrive around 20 minutes early. Never late. Ill check in with my boss to see if there is anything special they want me to do first. If not ill walk around taking notes of what fast mover i.e. Eggs, Milk, Water, or ice is most empty. I make a list of what needs to be hit first and how much I will need. I fill what I can as fast as I can and then check ill with coworkers who come in later and direct them to the things I need help with. The hardest part or most stressful part is worrying if my coworkers are keeping the shelves stocked and keeping the pace that id like them to move at. The most enjoyable part is my coworkers in all departments are all so cool and fun to talk too. Everyone who works there is knowledgeable and a blast to be around. Management has its moments if the store is busy or things aren't getting done properly they are a little moody but for good reason but for the most part they really take a care of us and give us the tools to succeed. Ive learned how to control my speed so I don't exhaust my self to quickly also that im smarter than I think and I don't need to continually ask what to do next. I learned that im kind of a good leader because I cover for people and make sure they are happy and doing everything correctly so they will stay with the company
Pros
good customers and employees, they treat us with food a lot
Cons
miscommunication
Easy job, not enough of a challenge
Cashier/Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHMay 12, 2017
I was a cashier and service clerk. I feel that I was undervalued. It is good for a first job to get experience with customer interaction and build communication skills. It is a low stress job.
Pros
Builds communication skills
Cons
not challenging
Work okay
Sales/Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Gilford, NHMay 11, 2017
It's okay for a part time job or if you are retired. Definitely geared for youth.- You work a different schedule every week. You can never plan balanced life after work.
Pros
Extra income
Cons
Schedule changes weekly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hannaford. Our community is ready to answer.