Hannaford Employee Reviews

productive, and friendly
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Williston, VTJanuary 4, 2017
It was fast pace but the training was very well maintained and easy to pick up. When I was training at Hannaford, they didn't overwhelm me with a dozen tasks on my first week. Instead they walked me through the basics, guided me through the daily tasks and ACTUALLY stayed by my side the first 3 days to make sure that I was understanding the procedures and knowledge on why and what I was doing. What I truly loved was the weekly quizzes on food-born illnesses and what actions you need to take if you are ill.
Pros
Family oriented, decent pay, involved in the community
Cons
very strict on punching in and out on lunches and going over 30 minutes on your lunch.
It's like high school all over again
Hannaford to go shopper (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHDecember 20, 2016
Hannaford to go is extremely fast paced. There are usually not enough people working so it makes it quite stressful. Mostly girls work in this department and it's quite cliquey. The assistant manager hangs out with a few girls outside of work and the favoritism is shown. A few of the expos are the true definitions of mean girls. It's like a popularity contest. Honestly working for Hannaford to go is like high school and not in a good way.
Pros
flexiable hours
Cons
short handed, rude people
good job, poor atmosphere
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MADecember 22, 2016
well my shift would be 9pm-530amish, but i would come in an hour early to get ahead start on separating the load for the rest of the crew, That was a responsibility of mine. I learned leadership. Management never went out of their way to make sure associates were content and had no issues. Coworkers always came to me on issues instead of management due to no confidence. The job itself was simple and great but poor management/ double standards/ low morale made it hard to get motivated. Making associates laugh/relaxed and going home after a hard nights work
Pros
Simple, personal responsibility
Cons
double standards
Good with students
Deli associate (Former Employee) –  Biddeford, MEJanuary 9, 2017
Higher-ups in management are good with working with students, making sure they can balance work and education. A typical day at work involves stocking, cleaning, and interacting with customers in a fast-paced environment. Coworkers tend to be pleasant, and help each other get through department tasks while managing customer flow. Management is detached at times and does not always make sure employees are able to complete all work on time. Managing customer service and department tasks (i.e. cleaning, restocking, etc) is the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part is interacting with regular customers.
Pros
free k-cup coffee in break room
clean in environment, save
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTDecember 9, 2016
In a typical day in my last position, throughout the day I completed various administrative duties as well, including answering phones, filing and greeting customers. To provide good customer service is friendly and polite, and puts the customer first.The hardest part of a job I have faced was a racist customer, I just reminded myself that everyone has a bad sometimes and just smile back. The best feeling I got from the job would come from a satisfied customer who genuinely appreciated the work I did
Great Place to work!
Bakery Associate (Former Employee) –  Essex Junction, VTDecember 18, 2016
Everyone there is great to work with. The management is considerate and coworkers are a delight. The work is intellectually challenging and keeps you going, going, going. There are plenty of opportunities to move up, as well as great pay raises within the first year you work there. There's lots of room to grow.
Pros
Great Management, Good working enviorment, Occassional free food, Good pay
Cons
Usually only part-time
Productive and Friendly Workplace
Bakery Associate (Current Employee) –  Valatie, NYDecember 28, 2016
Hannaford's is an overall good workplace especially for people trying to get on their feet. When you work at Hannaford's its more like working with family rather than working with coworkers. Everyone helps each other when needed. The management is also very friendly. You can go to them about any problems or concerns that you may have.
Pros
friendly enviroment and people
Cons
short breaks
Productive and Fun
Front-end supervisor (Current Employee) –  Colonie, NYNovember 14, 2016
I have a learned a lot from working at Hannaford Supermarket and it has helped me grow and gain more experience in the work place. My coworkers are amazing people, they make working there so much fun. The hardest part of my job is trying to get everyone on an agreement, some people will not like how you run things but you can not make everyone happy. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the customer leave happy and coming back next week and talking to my associates remembering the conversation they had last week.
Repetitive workflow
Night Shift Associate (Former Employee) –  Brattleboro, VTNovember 14, 2016
Went to work around 9:00pm at night and stocked shelves until 7:00am in the morning. The job became very repetitive and the adjustment of working nights really took a toll on me. I did enjoy the other employees I worked with but most of the time you worked most the night without really talking to others. Great company but the position was just not for me.
Pros
Able to work alone most shifts, good benefits, had the daytime to handle anything I needed to handle
Cons
Had to adjust to working night shifts, pay could have been better, not a lot of interaction with co workers
Meet many new people and love helping people
Assistant Manager of Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHNovember 10, 2016
Very faced paced environment, goal is to make sure that every customer that leaves the store is completely satisfied. Hoping that if we give great customer service that they will come back and shop again in our store. Love helping people out and assisting them to find a product that they are looking for. I have learned a lot in the 16 plus years that I have worked there and get along with all the other associates. The hardest part of my job and trying to get everything done while trying to give the customer satisfactions. I love the associates that I am working with as I consider them another part of my family. I have watch some of the associates grow with this company and further themselves in the industry.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Not being notified of changes
Hannafords is understaffed
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTDecember 19, 2016
They are understaffed and will try to get more out of you then they will pay you. The people that work there are nice but management has no clue !! As to how to adress issues amongst their work force .. they let the delinquent stay and over work the hard working and don't reward you with overtime .. but have you doing the work of 2 to 3 persons .
productive and wasn't bad while it lasted.
Center Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Ayer, MASeptember 25, 2016
The work day was pretty simple, just stock shelves and keeping the floors clean. I never had to deal with costumers before so that was new and not bad. The management was nice and respectful. I'd have to say the hardest part of the job would be some of my coworkers but could also be the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
working with people was nice.
Cons
the store closed its doors for good.
Working at Hannaford
Deli Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Gloversville, NYSeptember 19, 2016
Working at Hannaford is not bad at all but it is not sufficient enough income to live off of. The company over all as a whole is great with great work ethics and goals, but unless you find yourself into a career at Hannaford then hours are scarce and it is simply not enough income to live off of.
Pros
A nice work environment, very much like home.
Cons
Healthcare is not that great and unless you have a set position hours are scarce.
Flexible place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  New HampshireJanuary 2, 2017
Started working for the company while still in High School. Was a great first job for students looking to make a little extra money. As I moved into college I was able to contact my Manager and be put on the schedule for when I would be on break. Given reasonable hours week wise and length wise per day.
Work is reasonable
Deli Associate (Current Employee) –  Lunenburg, MASeptember 13, 2016
The work itself is fairly easy and most customer interaction is good. There are needlessly rude people, but that is to be expected from any job. Most co-workers are understanding and capable of doing their job well. Management is not ideal, hiring some co-workers that are incapable of doing simple tasks. When asked about the incapable employees, management took no steps to resolve the issue, despite affecting ever other worker in the department. Having to remove waste from the department would leave you with a very bad smell. Nearly everything else was simple and was a friendly environment to be in.
Pros
Occasionally had food for employees, healthcare options, company events
Cons
Sometimes would get bad treatment from customers, some lazy co-workers
Fun Work Atmosphere
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Malta, NYNovember 21, 2016
I have never liked working anywhere else other than Malta, Hannaford. I've tried a few second jobs before and neither of them were as satisfying as this one. Within three years I was promoted to supervisor and am well respected. I learned Customer Service skills and how to problem solve on my own.
Cons
short breaks
Good job for a person in High School
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Uxbridge, MAJanuary 19, 2017
Good work place with an awesome boss. They are good with vacations, sick time, and actually care about you. Great place to work if you are looking for a part time job while still trying to maintain a social life.
Pros
Good management, fun shifts
Cons
Poor weekly hours, some creepy workers
productive and stressful work enviornment
Cashier/Bagger (Former Employee) –  Sanford, MESeptember 24, 2016
Working at Hannaford was stressful to me with customers, and coworkers, i always managed to keep a smile on my face to get through a day of work. Hannafords maintenance of hannaford was really intimidating there was no funny business or even joking around everyone there seemed to love their jobs.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no insurance or benefits
Boring
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MEOctober 23, 2016
A typical day at hannaford is the lack of communication. No one would talk to you about work. I would work and no one talk to me and show me what I would do next it made me kind of mad. I gave them a two week notice and never shopped or went to there store. There is nothing to enjoy about this job. Some co- workers were nice and well worthy of talking to.
Hannaford Associate's Pro's&Con's
Front End Associate (Former Employee) –  Claremont, NHAugust 26, 2016
Easily said, Hannaford is a wonderful place to work. I enjoy the flexible hours, coworkers, and management team. It's easy to move up in this company, and everyone seems to get along. That being said, the hardest part of the job was for me to find a fit in the store. I wasn't sure what would work best for me, and I didn't have a lot of help with that. But besides that, I enjoyed working here.
Pros
Coworkers, management, good environment
Cons
Time-off gets cut short sometimes, not always hours that fit your needs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hannaford. Our community is ready to answer.