Hannaford Employee Reviews

Cashier/Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Raymond, NHMarch 29, 2017
It's a relatively easy job, but the front end manager was unbearable, and has extreme unrealistic expectations, at the worst possible times if you can even imagine that
Great company to work for
Manager of Customer Service (Current Employee) –  New York StateMarch 29, 2017
I have a lot of fun in my store and it makes working not seem like work. My company cares about its associates and they try to make it a good atmosphere to work in.
Flexible work place
Hannaford To Go Shopper (Current Employee) –  Leominster, MAMarch 28, 2017
Typical day at work consist of reviewing orders for the day and maintaining pic rates for orders being processed. We must complete all orders an hour before they are ready for pick-up therefore time management is a goal for each day. We must work as a team to complete all these orders and there is roughly around 20 orders. Everyone works well with each other and we all get along great.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No room for grow
Flexibility
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYMarch 28, 2017
The work is easy and fun. The management are reasonable and understanding as long as you are. The hours can be very flexible. If I requested time off with at least 2 weeks notice I always got it off.
Nicely compensated if you can work the off hours.
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Saco, MEMarch 28, 2017
Good solo job if you can work overnight. Can be quite hard on the back. Laid back workplace you just had to make sure you got the job done correctly and on time.
Family friendly
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  South Glens Falls, NYMarch 27, 2017
You can go to this store and the associates know how to help you and possibly depending on the customer, know your order by heart. Also, they go above and beyond to make sure you have a great day.
Not bad just not a career
Meat Department Associate (Former Employee) –  Saco, MEMarch 26, 2017
Overall good place to work if you were in need of a job but the pay and lack of room to move up wasn't worth making a career there. great people and great environment.
Busy Productive store.
Customer Service Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  New Hartford, NYMarch 25, 2017
It was great company to work for until corporate decided to eliminate positions in the smaller stores in NY. The job security that I thought I had with this company ended when they dissolved my position.
Pros
Great customers!
Cons
n/a
Great company
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Colonie, NYMarch 24, 2017
Working at Hannaford Pharmacy has been a very rewarding experience. The company makes sure that every single employee feels as if they are a part of a team and demonstrates rewards for hard work!
Busy and fun community oriented
MAINTENANCE MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Milton, VTMarch 23, 2017
As a Hannaford's Supermarket maintenance worker/ janitorial staff member. The always was something to keep you on your toes once in awhile. CO-workers, friends, and family in the store made the place feel at home and made me happy to see the positive impact the store has on the local communities. Store break downs made it difficult to get work done as there is only so much wiggle room in a busy supermarket, may that be the spills or water drainage in the winter.
Pros
easy acess to buy your lunch each day.
loved helping the customer
CASHIER, CUSTOMER SERVICE DESK, AND DEMO CLERK (Former Employee) –  Old Town, MEMarch 22, 2017
loved helping the customers with there shopping and sometimes i was there personal shopper love helping customer find something they could not find i always tried to make them smile
Productive, Experince Builder, Fun environment with customer service
Tour Guide (Current Employee) –  Troy, NYMarch 22, 2017
My experience working with Hannaford Super Markets has been nothing less than outstanding, the fact that there is always room for growth for within the company. Every co-worker is always friendly, and you can count of management to make sure each employee is getting their fair dues. The customer base is also nice. The fact that just about every customer comes in and appreciates our hard work and acknowledges it by letting each of us know including myself on multiple occasions. Just Recently a customer took one of our review surveys and wrote about how polite another cashier and I were to them. Overall Hannaford is an amazing company to consider myself apart of the team.
Pros
always get one on one with your manager, 15 min paid breaks, Encourage good work habits by giving hannaford coupns to emplloyees
Cons
30 mins unpaid breaks, the same environment everyday, works all the same, nothing new comes thorugh that betters the company or make anything intresting
Safe company to work for/ Job security
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEMarch 22, 2017
I enjoy working for Hannaford but would like to grow into a career that I can advance in. Fellow coworkers are, for the most part, easy to work with. Great benefits.
Pros
Considerate customers, employee incentives
Cons
Inconsistent hours
Good Place to work
Front End Associate (Current Employee) –  Augusta, MEMarch 22, 2017
I mostly stock produce, do price changes on Sundays, and our cut fruit program. It is a good place to work and they are flexible with scheduling. You also get to know your customers.
Great job as fish-salesman
Fish salesman (Former Employee) –  Rockland, MEMarch 20, 2017
Seafood sales associate, selling fish, managing work-space and making customers smile. Learned to be positive always.
Workplace was like a family, hardest part of job was leaving, most enjoyable was getting familiar with customers and seeing them smile.
Pros
Great community
Cons
Leaving
Busy
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Augusta, MEMarch 20, 2017
A typical day at work was between busy and little no customers at all. Working at Hannaford I was taught what good customer service was and how to stock shelves and how to answer phones correctly. The hardest part of the job was trying to get everything done when it was really busy.
Helpful Workplace with Career Opportunities
Front End Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Saco, MEMarch 19, 2017
Hannaford is a great place to start a new career. There are career advancement opportunities, helpful coworkers, annual pay raises, and they offer a wide variety of skills that can be mastered to better yourself as an individual.
Fun place to work
Service Leader (Current Employee) –  Buxton, MEMarch 19, 2017
I enjoy working with hannaford but need something more that involves what I love doing. I love helping people and making sure there needs are met, good employees to work with and everyone treated well
Cons
Not everyone was held accountable
Very nice work environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Essex Junction, VTMarch 17, 2017
Work place culture is good. Management is supportive and understanding and tries to accomodate schedule requests. The most enjoyable part of the job is the customers and management staff.
Pros
work culture good
Cons
hours vary
Associate Focused, fun environment
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Standish, MEMarch 17, 2017
The company really cares about each and every employee, as well as each customer that comes in the building. It's made even more apparent with the freedom the corporate office gives it's Manager's in dealing with live situations. Ask any department manager, and most of them will say they've been with the company 10+ years; there's a reason for that.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hannaford. Our community is ready to answer.