Hannaford Employee Reviews

great place to work
Janitor/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYJanuary 31, 2018
It's a nice place to work and the people were very helpful.I was only working part time.I worked on coolers pick up trash keep the store clean.Supervisors were all very easy to work with.
This place really sucks
Associate (Former Employee) –  Schodack Landing, NYJanuary 30, 2018
I can't explain to you how horrible this job was. It was my least favorite job for every reason that you can think of. The pay sucks and the management needs soo much training its unreal.
Pros
Cons
everything
Flexible scheduling while in school
Center Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Standish, MEJanuary 29, 2018
Great place to work especially while in school as they will work around your schedule. Every store is different but 9/10 managers I worked with were good to work for.
Pros
Set breaks and frequesnt reviews
Cons
Working inside
Horrible place to work
supervisory (Current Employee) –  Concord, NHJanuary 29, 2018
At my store if you're not a favorite you're not liked therefore you will be pushed out. Management is always on you nothing positive will be said about you only negative
high school job
Associate (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NHJanuary 27, 2018
It has been a long time since I worked there is was my first job in high school I worked after school than a few years after I graduated school I started as a bagger before I left I was made a cashier
Maintenance
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Kingston, NYJanuary 26, 2018
I liked working for them. Everyone was team player's. Work schedule was flexible for the employee's. The pay could of been better. Other then that I liked working for them.
Favorite job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Barre, VTJanuary 25, 2018
I've loved working there and I'm back again for the second time because it's such a nice atmosphere. People are very helpful and respectful and I have customers from the first time working there coming back to buy from me.
Great culture focused on customers and associates
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Rotterdam, NYJanuary 23, 2018
Hannaford is a great place to work with an extreme focus on customers and associates. The culture is one that other companies desire, treating associates fair and consistent with regular recognition for great customer service behaviors.
Great first job
Customer Service Desk & Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rumford, ME & Lewiston, MEJanuary 22, 2018
It has been a long time since working there, so I am sure that things have changed. Yet, this being my first job was amazing and I owe them for steering me into a field of customer service.
would not recommend
Customer Service Leader (Current Employee) –  New Hartford, NYJanuary 20, 2018
Decent job for a high school kid or college student but nothing more than that. Poor management, poor compensation, poor everything. Very little room for advancement.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
everything
great place to work.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wappingers Falls, NYJanuary 18, 2018
This was my first job experiences in was great , people very friendly and collaborative the paid was enough for me at that time.
I love this place so much great memories .
Pros
very friendly place to work.
the pay for what they want is ridiculous
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHJanuary 17, 2018
50 year old woman gossiping like school girls. Feels like management doesn't back you up on issues. Also the PAY is not up with today's other work forces. What they expect from you compared to what you are paid is unreasonable
good place, not the best
Meat Department Associate (Former Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYJanuary 17, 2018
I had an okay time working here. The department I was in had some good people in it. Unfortunately all it takes is one customer complaint for the management to want to fire you. No matter how good of a job you do, or how many other coustomers liked you. You see, at times I have a bad case of RBF.
Pros
very good work/life balance
Cons
some people are never happy
Busy,Rarely slow, Unprofessional
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 17, 2018
Hours were low. Even when requested they wouldn’t give more hours or would schedule you even when you’ve requested off in advance. Employees would walk or sit around and not help when it got busy unless told by the manager. Employees were unprofessional
Fun but not a career
CASHIER/CUSTOMER (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 17, 2018
Worked part time while going to school. Staff is nice to work with and it's not very stressful of a job but not really a "career". Customers can sometimes be a pain.
fast paced, fun
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MEJanuary 16, 2018
Enjoyed the fast paced work environment, the people and how every day was different than the one before. I really liked working at the customer service desk and the people I worked with were great.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
long hours on feet, low appreciation
Good company
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Yarmouth, MEJanuary 15, 2018
It was a great company to work for but the management definitely needs to be looked at. Customers were also great to work with. There just was not a lot of communication throughout the store so it was a very slow process
a day at work
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  ficthburg ma 01420January 14, 2018
Work was very busy on some days, you always had things to do. I liked how cleaned it was. Very good customer service.and everyone was nice to you i love my job
Pros
i like eveything
Fun work place
Produce Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEJanuary 13, 2018
It was a really nice job and the people i had they were rarely cooperative with me and i like to work with this company but becusr i moved to a different place I started to miss that work and the people.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Health care
Good Starting Job
Bakery Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wiliston, VTJanuary 12, 2018
Good place for your first job, but you'' want to get another, better one soon. All depends on the management, but definitely not a life-long career choice, if you can avoid it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hannaford. Our community is ready to answer.