Hannaford

Hannaford Employer Reviews

Great company to work for
PRODUCE MANAGER (Former Employee), VirginiaMay 9, 2013
Pros: very diverse
Cons: only in northeast
Work life balance, diversity, strong growth and sales. Excellent training programs. A very employee oriented company. Truly cares about their people and understand that the employees do drive the business.
it was a productive work place.
overnight stocker (Former Employee), Ballston Spa, NYApril 24, 2013
Pros: got discounts on foods.
Cons: short breaks
it was a job mostly the guys i worked with stayed to them selves so our work got done smooth!
An interesting dynamic of customers and PLU numbers.
Cashier (Former Employee), Belfast, MEApril 10, 2013
Pros: flexible schedules for students
Cons: low wage to start
I would enter work and punch my personal ID number into a little computer on the wall. This was the punch clock. I would then bag groceries until i was told to go on a certain register. When on register, one must greet the customer, scan their groceries, and bag them appropriately as to not damage them. Take payment, give receipt and change if applicable, – more... and proceed to service the never ending line of customers.
Had to memorize all the PLU #s for fruits and veggies.
Co-workers are awesome.
Hardest part was dealing with some angry customers.
Most enjoyable part was lunch time. – less
Decent High School and College Level Job
Assistant Manager of Customer Service (Current Employee), Keene, NHApril 1, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: not a set schedule every week
There are great opportunities at Hannaford for people without a college degree. Management is not hard to get to without a college degree and it's a fairly easy job. This was a great job while I was in high school and college due to it's flexible hours.
Decent High School and College Level Job asdf
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: not a set schedule every week
A good place to start, but not worth staying if you want to be happy and feel accomplished.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Manchester, NHMarch 31, 2013
Pros: certain benefits available for all associates; paid breaks; customer satisfaction guaranteed
Cons: associates are just numbers, not people; poor managment; no one exceeds expectations according to management
I was with the company for 8 years. They played games with me, led me to believe they needed me when all they wanted was me to do the work for them and credit others for it. I am tired of playing games with Hannaford. Sure it is a nice place to shop. The associates are friendly, but most are not happy. They are underpaid and unappreciated. They put – more... on a facade and sweep all the bad under the rug, but at the end of the day, they go home just as they came to work. My co-workers were like a second family to me. The pharmacy department is managed well and the people there treat you with respect. However, the pharmacy is controlled by store management. Store management only cares about numbers, not people.They will do anything to look good. – less

norra – May 24, 2013

Couldn't have said it better

Very friendly staff, as well as cusotmers.
Front-End Shift Leader & Service Desk (Former Employee), Keene, NHMarch 29, 2013
Working for this company was a fun experience, I met some great people that became long time friends. A typical day was getting in, checking in with the supervisor on duty which would be a front end shiftleader. they then would give you further instructions. As a service leader I delegated tasks to associates, answered any questions customers might – more... have and check in with the managers.Overall, it was a very fun place to work, staff is always friendly, and the customers are wonderful. – less
Great Place for college kids to start
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Latham, NYMarch 27, 2013
Pros: work with your school schedule
Cons: not enough money
This department is the best place for a young person to get their feet wet, as a part time position.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Current Employee), New Hartford, NYMarch 20, 2013
Pros: very flexible with my availability
Cons: carts
I love the environment and the people I work with. It is easy to work there because of the awesome co-workers. Also the customers that I have are so nice and make me job enjoyable.
co workers are best
Service Center Associate (Current Employee), Ballston Spa, NYMarch 19, 2013
I have learned what real customer service is,My co workers are the best.The hardest part of the job is dealing with rude customer.The most enjoyable part of the job is working with good people.
its work
Meat Cutter (Current Employee), New Hartford, NYMarch 16, 2013
at times can be a very enjoyable place to work but it can also be a pain like any other job
Hannaford
Seafood/Meat/Deli Associate (Former Employee), Clifton Park, NYMarch 8, 2013
Pros: free lunches, good atmosphere, learned many things, treated employees well. pay raise every 6 months
Cons: healthcare.
A typical day at work would either start at 6:30 a.m. or even as late as 5 p.m. for a closing shift. In the mornings, I was in charge of everything seafood. When I started we used to have a frozen case, so I would start by building the ice case, then stocking product, make the department look presentable and clean to the customers. I learned many things – more... about different cuts of meat and fish, as well as how to skin and fillet seafood. I got along with all management. They were all good people and friends. My co-workers were a diverse fun group and I met a lot of new people. The hardest part of the job would be, but really wasnt bad, would be breaking down the equipment and closing the department. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing my co-workers – less
Productive and fun work place
Produce clerk (Former Employee), Topsham, MEMarch 3, 2013
Pros: great bosses
Cons: not enough hours
excellent company to work for, would just like to find a job that is not in retail.
good company to work for,
cashier/custo (Current Employee), MEFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: close to home and good people to work for
Cons: punching out for breaks
i am very much a people person . very easy to get along with i am willing to try anything that is asked of me . everyone that i work with is so helpful and very patience with me . the hardest part mof my job is standing all day .I really enjoy my coworkes , and most of the custormers are very enjoyable to see and fun to talk to .
Good job for stoners and wannabe managers that couldn't do anything else in life
EOM (Former Employee), MaineFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: the associates
Cons: pathetic leadership
Worst store and divisional leadership I have ever witnessed in over 25 years in the work force. My store manager was pathetic and coached me to "kiss butt" in order to advance. I came in as an Evening Operations Manager Trainee without a lick of retail experience. It was an easy job but they treated it like it was supposed to be rocket science. I worked – more... in two different stores and they were so different in every way. This is after I was taught "standards"...they preach this stuff and nobody really follows any of it. The DM was non-existent except to all the little pathetic followers that would walk around with him. He wouldn't give anyone else the time of day. I was coached to kiss the butts of the DM, ROSS and SM's in order to ever advance.
I liked working with the associates. We had some great people at that level and they would work hard for you if they respected you. I was respected more than most, so they made things pretty easy for me. I did learn that the people make the store and that they are some hard workers.
I would recomend Hannaford to stoners, high school kids, and people trying to get into management that could not hack it anywhere else in life. – less
Good place to start. Flexible hours. Transfers in case of school. Good balance.
Produce Associate (Current Employee), Belfast, MEFebruary 16, 2013
Pros: holiday lunches
Cons: 7 day work week but you get used to it.
Good management. You get to do a bit of everything. You are always moving.
Low pay
Assistant Produce Manager/Grocery Manager/Receiver (Former Employee), Athol, MAFebruary 13, 2013
I enjoyed this job except for lack of a decent paycheck. For the most part bosses were decent. Always something to do.
Fun workplace with lots of friendly people
Cashier (Former Employee), Essex Junction, VTFebruary 11, 2013
Pros: free meals for holidays, lots of incentives for working extra hours, provided work shirts
Cons: no benefits due to only working part-time, pushing carts in bad weather, low raises
The majority of what I did at Hannaford was cashier, but there were times when I did other things such as carts, and cleaning up and recycling the bottle area.

Management for almost all of the time I worked there was great, and I got along with almost everyone in the store. I even did some drawings for advertising in the meat department.

The hardest – more... part of working at Hannaford was just the tediousness of my job. Working as a cashier for seven years got somewhat boring.

The most enjoyable part was seeing friendly people I worked with every day, and being very knowledgeable of the customers that came in often. I was on a first name basis with many people that shopped there.

The best part of Hannaford is the fact that they sell only local foods, and therefore support local farmers. – less
Great for a busy life!
Payroll Administrator (Current Employee), Morrisville, VTFebruary 4, 2013
I am currently getting my Masters degree which requires a lot of flexiblility! Hannaford has been great with being flexible to my schedual and always is there to help me when I need it!
Enjoyed working here.
SALES ASSOCIATE/CASHIER (Former Employee), Amsterdam, NYFebruary 1, 2013
Pros: helping others
Cons: ?
Got along good with everyone, started as cashier on front end and then was moved over to customer service desk. Learned a lot working with that crew. Also helped out in the Pharmacy a few times. I only started working here because I just had my son and felt I needed to help out more with expenses at home, since I was laid of from my previous job. I – more... was only employed for three years enjoyed every day I was there. – less

About Hannaford

Hannaford Bros. may have started as a fruit and vegetable stand in 1883, but it has expanded from its Maine roots to become an – Read more