Hannaford Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
ok
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MEAugust 16, 2017
good money always work weekends they say they care about employees but they don't show favortisim towards people they like they lie about workloads your are a slave for them
Pros
money
Cons
everything else sucks
Fast-paced grocery store
CASHIER/CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Augusta, MEAugust 15, 2017
A fast-paced and mostly fun place to work. Management is highly accessible and often rewards employees with contests, free lunch, etc. There's great opportunity for upward advancement but you are advanced at their pace, not your pace.
productive
Maintenance lead (Current Employee) –  Camden, ME 04843August 15, 2017
Fast paced work environment with a lot of friendly people. Good customer service. Very friendly and a very clean well kept store. Good prices and a good clean place to work.
An Ok place to work.
Center Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Exeter, NHAugust 15, 2017
Certain members of management lack good leadership qualities, hours are hard to come by, the workload is decent, the starting pay is decent as well depending on what department you work in. Your hard work isn't exactly appreciated considering wage raises are pretty infrequent.
Pros
Guaranteed 15 minute breaks for shifts over 4 hours
Cons
Lack luster management, infrequent pay raises
Great company
Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Waterville, MEAugust 15, 2017
It was a great friendly environment to work in. It was my first job and they were flexible to work around my school schedule. Management were understanding and overall great leaders.
Awful
Meat/Seafood Clerk (Former Employee) –  South Glens Falls, NYAugust 14, 2017
Pay is barely above minimum wage the management has a few needles in the haystack but overall not good the hours are awful and no one takes accountability for anything
Pros
A break room
Cons
Low pay bad hours bad bosses
Great starter job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEAugust 13, 2017
Hannaford is a great starting job. When I worked there it was a great place to work and you were never bored. I had a lot of great coworkers and lots of regular customers where were really nice. It was a very busy store so time went by really fast.
Pros
15 min breaks, had lots of options for lunch (had a hot bar and grill)
Cons
always busy, lots of customers, some customers spoke only french
great atmosphere with alot of customer interaction
Lead Baker/Cake Decorator (Former Employee) –  Glenville, NYAugust 10, 2017
A great place to gain experience with customer service. I started as a cake decorator part time and was able to advance to lead baker full time. It was an enjoyable work place.
I did not like my time at Hanford's
Deli Staff part time (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAAugust 8, 2017
The hours and days you worked would changed. Not just weekly but same days you asked to come in early or leave early. There seemed to be a different manager every week or so. There was turn over at the Deli as well. Save a few.
Cons
inconstancies
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Machias, MEAugust 8, 2017
Hannaford is a company that provides an environment where their employees can learn and grow. They have ample training and teach how to become better at customer service.

Want to know more about Hannaford?

Ask a question
I love working overnights at hannafords
Overnight Stocker (Current Employee) –  Colonie, NYAugust 8, 2017
This is one of the best overnight jobs ive had in a long time...the people are great the customers are great and the whole company feels like a big family i love working at hannafords
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
Its overnight quick and easy
Fun culture
Assistant Store Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Augusta, MEAugust 7, 2017
Hannaford is a great place to work for. They pride themselves on great work ethic and customer service. If you want a life long career Hannaford is a great place to work.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
long work days
Nice work environment
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Middlebury, VTAugust 7, 2017
I learned at this job was that in order to be successful at any job you have to be able and willing to cooperate with people and be flexible. The part that I enjoyed most about this job was working with people and helping other customers.
Its was a good place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hampton, NHAugust 7, 2017
I cant say much i didnt work there long enough to make any actual advancement. I stopped working because i do not drive and the 6 mile walk a day was too much for me but they seem like a great place to work except for the help wanted sign says starting at 11 dollars an hour and i only got paid like 9 dollars
Good to employees
CASHIER/SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Augusta, MEAugust 6, 2017
Good to their employees. Flexible with scheduling. Perfect for high schoolers and even college students. Will allow to come back on breaks and summer.
Overall, the job itslef wasn't bad at all, i just worked with not very nice people, and some were racist.
Center Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Niskayuna, NYAugust 6, 2017
I had a lot of run in with a ex employee and he would tell me very crude jokes and racist as well, so not a very welcoming environment. But the work was simple stock.
Pros
I mostly closed, so it was more so calm during those times.
Cons
really bad management, and rude employees.
Amazing pay, and great attitudes.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  South Burlington, VTAugust 5, 2017
Honestly, I LOVED working here. I just had family issues occurring in the my life, and needed to straighten them out. I messed up, and instead of calling to talk to the manager, I just didn't show back up. I wish I could work here again, but don't know if they'll hire me back.
Pros
Great pay.
Great start for a job
CASHIER / SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAAugust 4, 2017
It can be very relaxed and What I have learned from this job is to be more properly prepared in the future. Managers are great as well. I would want to help my friends out to get a job at a local Hannaford.
Pros
breaks are great, food is great
Cons
can get overwheming with costumers
Great fast paced fun work environment, but bad manager and benefits.
Cashier/Service Clerk/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Middlebury, VTAugust 3, 2017
I loved working here. I loved all aspects of the job itself. But the manager definitely shouldn't be a manager of any kind. She is more than willing to tell you what you do wrong, and how you can fix it. But she will never reward you or let you know when you're doing a good job.
Pros
Discount Coupons if you come in on your day off, parties in the break room, etc.
Cons
There is a lot of drama, People don't last long because the manager is not a very good one, etc.
Not great, not terrible
Shift leader (Former Employee) –  MaineAugust 1, 2017
Hours were all over the place, if you are not full time or flex it varies. Some weeks could be 30 others could be 7 which makes it difficult. Lots of different departments to cross train in.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hannaford. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval