Hannaford Employee Reviews

Very easy workload
Customer Service Leader (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYNovember 15, 2016
This is an ideal job for someone with no education experience. You can start in lower positions where effort outranks experience, and make a climb to better positions with better pay.
busy work environment
Part Time Front End Service Lead (Current Employee) –  Ballston Spa, NYAugust 28, 2016
Days are busy with customers and sales. I've learned how to multi-task and delegate out to others what needs to be done. My coworkers are fun and energetic. Company makes sure that you smile and laugh each day. Managers put on several fun activities in the break room each month to keep moral up.
Great Community
Bakery Associate (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHJune 24, 2016
While I did not like the scheduling and working weekends, I miss this job a lot. The people are great and the customers are great too.
Pros
meet great friends, friendly management, free snacks in the break room
Cons
poor scheduling, work weekends
Unfriendly environment with terrible managers
Cashier/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Maine, MEMay 3, 2016
I used to work for a Hannaford in Maine. I quit my job there because of the way the managers treated me. Although managers did treat me terribly, I also saw that other employees were given poor treatment. They make no accommodations to make the work environment fun. I do not recommend this job. I have seen mistreatment of employees in other Hannaford stores around the state. Even when the "big managers" came into the store, they were still not friendly and you felt degraded. I could rant on for hours about how horrible my experience was with Hannaford.
Cons
Poor managers
Great first job
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHSeptember 29, 2016
I loved the hannaford family. Great people and always treated me great. I was at hannaford for 4 years and only towards the end is when i was not liking it. I was bored because i kept doing the same thing every day.
Pros
great team work environment
Cons
do not always appreciate what you do for them
Good place to start
Deli, Meat, Maintenance, Front End Associate (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MANovember 8, 2016
Hannaford is a great place to start in a retail and customer service oriented job environment. Things you learn through working with other people and with customers are things like problem solving and how to be a part of a cohesive team.
Productive workplace
CUSTOMER SERVICE AND CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Raymond, NHSeptember 2, 2016
Fun place to work, work with a lot of really nice people. Always find projects to keep myself busy. I work with many customers paying bills, doing returns, western union and all other questions and problem solving.
Pros
Working with others as a team
Cons
no full time
great place to work
Service Leader (Former Employee) –  Claremont, NHJuly 13, 2016
Great first time job for employees, everybody is willing to help you if you need assistance for anything, always busy,
Pros
room for advancement
Cons
nothing gets done about harrassment
Nice
Townsend - Bakery Associate (Current Employee) –  Townsend, MADecember 6, 2016
Nice people working, good atmosphere, decent pay, can move up in company, managers are understandable, can make extra money by covering shifts, can get flex positions.
Wasn't too bad for my first job
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hudson, MAJanuary 23, 2016
A typical work day would depend on what time of the day you would come in for your shift. If you opened the department you would be there getting everything set up for the day. You would deal with all the customers usually and provide the best customer service that you could, even with the customer being a jerk over nothing. Management went downhill really fast when they kept bringing in new managers for the department. I actually got fired because my new manager didn't like me, didn't give me any hours, told HR department that I have failed to contact him and I abandoned my job.
Awesome job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Northwood, NHOctober 29, 2016
This was the best job I've had, and I wish I didn't have to leave the business. Or I wish they had one in Montana. The crew I worked with the store manager everyone was understanding of employees having children, and everyday hiccups in life.
Great family and team atmosphere
Front End Associate (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MEOctober 20, 2016
An unbelievably enjoyable place to work. Hated to leave there. Customers and coworkers were awesome. Managers were understand to their employees needs and did their best to accommodate and every opportunity
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No overtime
Busy job where I assist my cashiers and customers with any of their needs.
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Malta, NYApril 28, 2016
I enjoy keeping busy with my cashiers and customers. I assist with regular check out, western union, money orders, bill pay, and other things that arise at any given moment. I enjoy my customers a great deal, I have always risen to the opportunity to help others in whatever way I can. The only down to the job is the uncertain hours. I work mostly second shift and then early the next day, this makes it hard to have a normal life.
I would like to be in the medical field again, in any capacity. Helping others is my calling.
Pros
Learning daily about people and what goes on within a grocery store.
Cons
Terrible hours
great place to work for my first job
Light housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VASeptember 20, 2015
The place was very organize. The coworkers were always polite and helpful when needed. Their I would clean bathroom, bag items for customers, and grett each customer with a smile and a thankyou for coming.The hardest part of the job for me was having to leave . This most enjoyable part to me was meeting all the guest and getting to know them like family.
Pros
people, pay, benefits
Cons
shortbreaks, late co-workers
Productive and friendly work envirement with great bosses.
Center Store Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Machias, MEJune 7, 2016
I learned a lot about Retail and Management. It was a great opportunity to grow in the company. I was in the grocery dept. but I have been taught on how every dept. works to better understand how the company in a whole works.
Great Place To Work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Greenwich, NYApril 12, 2015
The typical day at work depends on how busy it is and what day of the week it is. I learned a lot from this job, the biggest thing that I learned would probably be how to not show that you are having a bad day in a customer service setting. The management of the store will come down to the sales floor and check out customers just like any of the cashiers. Overall the management doesn't think that they are better than the lower workers. The co-workers there are easy to get along with and very friendly. The hardest part of the job would probably be standing for long periods of time and dealing with troublesome customers. But on the flip side of things its the customers and friendly co-workers who make me want to come back to work day after day.
Pros
Educational leave, company mandatory 15 minute breaks every 2.5 hours
Cons
little to no benefits unless full time
Excellent place to work, where employees work together as a team and family.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MA 01510June 29, 2016
I loved working at Hannafords. All of my coworkers worked together as a team to get the job done. My managers were kind an understanding, and wonderful teachers. It was a pleasure to work with a bunch of hardworking individuals. During my time at Hannafords I learned great customer service skills, and I've become great at multitasking.
Fast paced, friendly environment.
Check out Clerk, Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Carmel, NYSeptember 23, 2016
A typical day at Hannaford would be checking in with the supervisor and following the schedule for the day. I performed all that was requested of me and was always available to help out other employees should they need any assistance.
Productive and friendly environment
Customer Service/Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Biddeford, MENovember 20, 2016
Most of the associates are very friendly and willing to lend a helping hand. I have worked here for over a year and I have learned that we have products in the store that I never even knew existed.
Great place to grow
Night Crew Associate, Cashier, Grocery Associate (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEAugust 11, 2016
I worked there for 7 years, it was great as there was always room to grow and change to a different role. Things did change when Delhaize bought out Hannaford Bros but that is life. Overall a great place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hannaford. Our community is ready to answer.