Hannaford Employee Reviews

Amazing pay, and great attitudes.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  South Burlington, VTAugust 5, 2017
Honestly, I LOVED working here. I just had family issues occurring in the my life, and needed to straighten them out. I messed up, and instead of calling to talk to the manager, I just didn't show back up. I wish I could work here again, but don't know if they'll hire me back.
Pros
Great pay.
Great start for a job
CASHIER / SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAAugust 4, 2017
It can be very relaxed and What I have learned from this job is to be more properly prepared in the future. Managers are great as well. I would want to help my friends out to get a job at a local Hannaford.
Pros
breaks are great, food is great
Cons
can get overwheming with costumers
Great fast paced fun work environment, but bad manager and benefits.
Cashier/Service Clerk/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Middlebury, VTAugust 3, 2017
I loved working here. I loved all aspects of the job itself. But the manager definitely shouldn't be a manager of any kind. She is more than willing to tell you what you do wrong, and how you can fix it. But she will never reward you or let you know when you're doing a good job.
Pros
Discount Coupons if you come in on your day off, parties in the break room, etc.
Cons
There is a lot of drama, People don't last long because the manager is not a very good one, etc.
Not great, not terrible
Shift leader (Former Employee) –  MaineAugust 1, 2017
Hours were all over the place, if you are not full time or flex it varies. Some weeks could be 30 others could be 7 which makes it difficult. Lots of different departments to cross train in.
Entry level positions
Produce Associate (Current Employee) –  Barre, VTAugust 1, 2017
It's an entry level position ... not rocket science. More geared towards those who need to supplement their income rather than relying on it solely. It is hard work if you're not used to manual labor.

The people are great and easy to get along with.

Management is management ... no different from all the other employers I've worked for.
Pros
It's a mile away from my residence.
Cons
It's a mile away from my residence.
More training necessary
Pharmacy Manager (Current Employee) –  Bridgton, MEJuly 31, 2017
I have been challenged in y positions at Hannaford. I feel that we need more training when we roll out new programs and we are not supported by pharmacy operations and corporate as well at retail.
Its a fun work environment with great management
Shift Leader/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYJuly 30, 2017
Taking care of the customers in the most efficient way possible, ownig the solution, being the best employee and co worker that you can be by helping one another out
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
I have no cons
nice place to work at.
cashier (Former Employee) –  schenectady nyJuly 27, 2017
Plenty of opportunity to advance. Enjoyed the people I worked with every day and the customers. Was glad to have the chance to work in different departments and with other people.
Amazing company
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Schodack Landing, NYJuly 27, 2017
The company is an awesome place to work for great pay benefits chance for advancement you move up very quickly and your pay also goes up quickly so yeah overall great company
Worked nights until they got rid of all night crew
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Massena, NYJuly 26, 2017
Was a ok job at first. The pay was good but don't expect a good raise and they lie about performance based raises asked for one after 3 years and was told my yearly raise was more than I should of got but others who did nothing got the same amount. I was offered a severence that I didn't want to take but then our schedule got flipped and they cut our pay $2 an hour so I took the severence. Terrible experience and still looking for a job 2 months later. Waste of 3 years of my life bunch of empty promises. The 2 main bosses sit in their offices all day doing nothing and favor certain employees based on friendship, not work ethic, punctuality, or customer service skills. No chances for advancement for long time or hard working employees it's all about sucking up.
Cons
Dont get paid lunch breaks
Family like atmosphere
Produce Associate (Current Employee) –  Ballston Spa, NYJuly 25, 2017
This store has some of the nicest people that you could ever work with. Everyone wants to help you and makes sure that the customer gets what they need.
Productive work place, employees are friendly and very helpful.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brattleboro, VTJuly 24, 2017
Overall my experience at Hannafords wasn't the worst but wasn't the best. Higher management sides with the customers rather than the employees.After a rude customer had approached a co worker yelling racial slurs and antagonizing I was put onto work suspension due to defending my co worker. The customer was given a gift card and an apology. My co worker and I were then told we were wrong. I do not stand with a company that doesn't fully represent its employees but based their whole company about being on your side. Other than upper management being one sided, the grocery store is clean and always on top of things.
Pros
Friendly co workers, long breaks
Cons
Management, Customer Service
fun
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  York, MEJuly 24, 2017
It was a good first job. It was a fast paced work environment but it was a fun summer job to have and the tips were pretty good. It was always and upbeat work environment.
Fun place to work
Front end Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterville, MEJuly 24, 2017
I LOVED working at Hannaford. I loved seeing my regular customers come through my lines and helping people find what they were looking for. Hannaford is very friendly and I made a lot of friends being there.
Pros
Awesome co workers, comfortable break room
Cons
Lunches could be a little longer
Good place to work for a starter job
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  South Barre, VTJuly 23, 2017
It is a good place to work for someone who is looking for a part time job. Kids right out of high school or retired older people. They do not discriminate against anyone. This is a good place to work. Fast pace though. Need to learn job quickly. Don't have to have previous experience.
Pros
Good for people who want to stay active and a first time job
Cons
You don't know when you work next and don't get benefits if part time.
Good Place to Work
Seafood Clerk (Current Employee) –  Londonderry, NHJuly 23, 2017
I don't have too much to say about this job. It's just average. Gives me something to do during the week.

The hardest part, for me, is that I often have nothing to do and I cannot help nearby departments until the end of the night.

The best part is increased knowledge of seafood and that I no longer have a fear of using big, sharp knives.
Pros
Straightforward job, paid break
Cons
Cleaning Chemicals, Slow
It all depends on you and your management team
Stock crew associate (Current Employee) –  MAJuly 20, 2017
I've worked for a couple different stores for many different managers and was a manager myself. While the company has a general culture, your experience will vary based on your manager. I would recomenend working here as a first job, but not as a career.
Okay
Front End associate (Former Employee) –  Topsham, MEJuly 20, 2017
I did not have any problems of working at Hannaford but after a year of working there I had gotten tired of it and wanted to find new employment for full time work.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Terrible customers
Truth About One Store
Deli Worker (Current Employee) –  Colonie, NYJuly 20, 2017
Hannaford will basically hire anyone who applies so there is no guarantee that you will be surrounded by high quality co-workers. As a result, there is a relatively high volume of turnover. If you happen to be a good worker then it should be easy to stay employed with the company, however the stress of being surrounded by incompetence may result in you not wanting to continue. This is at least true about the one on Wolf Road. I can't speak for any other store because I have not worked in any other.
Pros
climate control while on the clock
Cons
no climate control in break room or bathrooms, low pay, poor benefits, inefficiant co-workers
Decent job
Service Leader (Current Employee) –  New Hartford, NYJuly 19, 2017
A typical day consists of making sure customers get what they need, have fast checkouts, manage breaks for co-workers, making sure that certain tasks are done every hour.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hannaford. Our community is ready to answer.