Hannaford

Hannaford United States Employee Reviews

fun to work for
STOCK CREW (Current Employee), Rotterdam, NYSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: good monrey
Cons: long nights
good company long jevity
good coworkers
stocking all night long nights
great place to work
Manager of Customer Service (Former Employee), Oneonta, NYAugust 28, 2013
every day is different, good company to work for, coworkers were great, was better before Delhaize took over.
fast paced
Produce Associate (Former Employee), Skowhegan, MEAugust 24, 2013
everything has to be done in a fast manner and there is a lot of communication and team work.
Cakes
Bakery Clerk- Duties (Former Employee), Bridgton, MEAugust 19, 2013
I adored this job,mostly because I had amazing co-workers and I got to do what I love, make cakes pretty. My manger was awesome, that really all I can say about him. A typical day i frosted a ton of cakes,put out creams and spoke with many customers. I only left this job because of travel and lack of hours if I didn't move back to Windham I would still be there.
Customer Priority
Produce Associate (Former Employee), Nashua, NHAugust 18, 2013
Cons: not being able to have a set schedule
A typical day at Hannafords for me was getting to work early and preparing the department for a day of business. I would cull the dept., sometimes take daily inventory, sometimes place an order. Start filling the department for business, and maintain for the remaining part of my shift.

I have learned various parts of the department, so as to understand the dinamics.

I had worked for many different managers and found most to be fair. The latest not a big fan!!

I can not think of a single co-worker that I didn't get along with or had an issue with. I found I was able to get along with the majority.

The hardest part of the job was when someone called in sick and we had no one for back up.

I really enjoyed working with customers.
A job where you can advance to new positions.
assistant deli/bakery manager (Current Employee), Madawaska, MEAugust 17, 2013
Pros: having my three weeks vacation, having every other weekend off, working the day shift, being trusted by the company, make decisions.
Cons: some of the customers i had to deal with were rude to the point of swearing at me, i am also in charge of writing associates up
My typical day at work would start at 6 am until 3 pm. My main job would be baking muffins, donuts until lunch time. I would also order the country kitchen on line. Then I would wait on customers in the deli and put out my products that I had baked. During this time I would help over see other associates and any concerns or questions they may have. My day will end with panning up what needs to baked the next day. Some days out of the week my boss will not be working so then I do my typical job plus some of her job.
fun positive workplace
Baker (Former Employee), Skowhegan, MEAugust 13, 2013
typical day work was great, steady work, lots of nice customers and staff. hardest part was not enough hours. best part was the positive environment.
Fun place to work
Meat Department Manager (Former Employee), York, MEJuly 30, 2013
I would go back to work for this company tomorrow! I respect this company alot
A good place for a first job
Front end associate (Current Employee), Lowell, MAJuly 29, 2013
A typical day involved me running around helping other associates and making sure they were going on their breaks and lunches at appropriate times. I learned how to be a team player, keep my head up, and how to multi-task. My coworkers did their duties and everyone got along. The hardest part of my job was when we were short handed and had to keep everyone happy without making customers upset. The best part of my job was everyday was something different.
A fun place to work
Service Center (Former Employee), Concord, NHJuly 22, 2013
Pros: great people fun atmosphere
Cons: long shifts
Nothing to say except is was a great stepping to stone to my current career choice
Fun work place with great advancement opportunities
Customer Service Leader (Former Employee), Delmar, NYJuly 11, 2013
Pros: bbq's, christmas party every year
Cons: too many new faces too often
A typical day at work was to make sure all cashiers and service clerks were doing their jobs efficiently and following company procedures at the same time. I was also to answer the phone lines when working the customer service desk and assisting customers with any issues to the best of my knowledge to avoid interrupting management from their everyday duties. Providing exceptional customer service to all customers was a priority for my work day. My co-workers were fun and upbeat, making it a great place to work. The hardest part of this position was coaching the cashiers and service clerks when needed but the most fun part was helping the new hires get ready to start their new position.
its a job lol
Stocker/Receiver (Former Employee), Buxton, MEJuly 10, 2013
stocking and maintaining a clean place. making sure there is nothing outta date
Busy busy
Bookkeeper (Former Employee), Rochester, NHJuly 6, 2013
Keeping busy with customer demands, keeping up with cash office, customer service!
Super supermarket
Cashier (Former Employee), Nashua, NHJuly 1, 2013
Very good to employees. Worked full time hours at a steady rate. Great first job. Got long breaks and fair treatment. Managers were extremely nice.
Productive Place to work a great starter job
Center Store Lead (Current Employee), Old Town, MEJune 17, 2013
Managment does well to please empoyees to best of abilities.
I like the focus of customer service over quanity. I get along with all co-workers, associate appreciation days are fun, bbq's , free food always nice.

Only Pro, no set schedual, or rotating weekends.
Do Not Work for Millcreek!
Service Leader (Former Employee), South Portland, MEMay 31, 2013
Millcreek Hannaford was the worst Hannaford I've ever worked for in my six years of being with the company. The front end of the store is nothing but gossip and horrible customer service.
worked around my schedual
Service Leader (Former Employee), Bedford, NHMay 23, 2013
Pros: location
Cons: some of corprate policies
Hannaford is a company that works with the community. I learned great customer service and managerial skills. Management for the most part tried to work with associates and my co workers were amazing. The hardest part of the job was when I couldn't satisfy a customers needs. The best part of my job was working with people.
Great company to work for
PRODUCE MANAGER (Former Employee), VirginiaMay 9, 2013
Pros: very diverse
Cons: only in northeast
Work life balance, diversity, strong growth and sales. Excellent training programs. A very employee oriented company. Truly cares about their people and understand that the employees do drive the business.
it was a productive work place.
overnight stocker (Former Employee), Ballston Spa, NYApril 24, 2013
Pros: got discounts on foods.
Cons: short breaks
it was a job mostly the guys i worked with stayed to them selves so our work got done smooth!
An interesting dynamic of customers and PLU numbers.
Cashier (Former Employee), Belfast, MEApril 10, 2013
Pros: flexible schedules for students
Cons: low wage to start
I would enter work and punch my personal ID number into a little computer on the wall. This was the punch clock. I would then bag groceries until i was told to go on a certain register. When on register, one must greet the customer, scan their groceries, and bag them appropriately as to not damage them. Take payment, give receipt and change if applicable, and proceed to service the never ending line of customers.
Had to memorize all the PLU #s for fruits and veggies.
Co-workers are awesome.
Hardest part was dealing with some angry customers.
Most enjoyable part was lunch time.

About Hannaford

Hannaford Bros. may have started as a fruit and vegetable stand in 1883, but it has expanded from its Maine roots to become an – Read more

Hannaford Salaries