Hannibal Regional Hospital Employee Reviews

Two very poor supervisors in a row, lacked experience.
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Hannibal, MOOctober 3, 2017
Initially my first supervisor was exceptional, went out of her way to support staff and assist when nursing shortage or heavy patient load. After she left they hired a supervisor from outside that was not knowledgeable of home health and was a micro-manager. Next, they promoted a nurse from within the facility that was not a good manager, she created an atmosphere of total chaos and stress. The hospitals inpatient departments were mostly compromised of traveling staff to fill shortages. Although I truly loved the home health aspect of nursing, patient care one on one (allowing for exceptional patient teaching). It was time to leave.
Pros
Home Health Care, hourly wages, co-workers were exceptional.
Cons
Poor management
I personally would choose somewhere else for hospital healthcare services
CT Technologist (Former Employee) –  Hannibal, MOSeptember 30, 2017
Typical day at work was not too bad because I worked alone, I love my career, and I didn't work with any undesired coworkers. Caring for my patients, following through with care, the passion I felt for putting the patient first, and the feeling at the end of the day, were the best aspects of the job. Advancement at HRH was excellent; I learned a new modality of CT while on the job. Hardest part of the job was problem-solving by myself, because they changed my shift to where I worked alone after only being employed two months.
n/a
Admitting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hannibal, MOSeptember 22, 2017
Fast pased environment with multiple tasks. I enjoyed my role as an admiting clerek at Hannibal Regional and am only leaving because there where no avalible days shifts in my current department. The hardest part of the job is to learn the operating systems and insurance information.
Good place to work low pay great benefits
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Hannibal, MOAugust 23, 2017
Great place to work all around I was in environmental services pay was way to low benefits were amazing staff were nice and friendly they need to look at their pay scale
Great staff
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hannibal, MOJune 7, 2017
I enjoyed my time working at Hannibal Regional hospital. I learned a lot as it was my first place of employment after graduating from nursing school.
My co-workers were wonderful!
Wonderful Team of Nurses and Physicians in WCU
Director of Chris Coons Women's Care Center (Current Employee) –  Hannibal, MOMarch 8, 2017
Quality on going education for team in Women's Care Unit. Daily patient rounding brings all patient needs to the table each day. Group engagement, commitment to patient safety and family satisfaction. Simulations provide highly skilled staff.
Pros
Great team
Cons
daily unforeseen challenges
Bcs
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILJune 7, 2016
Up to date facility, up on current nursing practice. The physicians know what they're doing and it's education based. The "I Care" philosophy is throughout the facility. Staff are friendly and courteous.
Pros
Benfits, educational institution, up-to-date on current nursing, research
Decent team work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hannibal, MOJune 1, 2016
Staffing ratios questionable at times. Great team work ethic. Currently in transition between directors which has been hectic.
Great job
Registered nurse (Former Employee) –  Hannibal, MOJuly 7, 2015
I enjoy my current job, good hours, great team to work with. The hospital does a great job of encouraging education and keeping the nurses up to date on skills.
Fun place to work
Assisted Physician (Former Employee) –  Hannibal, MOJune 21, 2015
Great place to work. Hardest part is learning all the Dr's by name and knowing who signs what chart. Hannibal Regional Hospital is always full with patients due to the care they get from the staff.
Pros
Making Patients smile
Cons
Seeing patients sad
Fast paced lifestyle, always something new
Patient Care Technician, Secretary (Former Employee) –  Hannibal, MOMay 20, 2015
I enjoyed working in the ER. It was very fast paced most of the days and I never knew what I was going to walk in to. There was much to learn and plenty of new people to meet.
analysing reocrds
Medical Records Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hannibal, MOMarch 14, 2015
I performed records analysis. Qualitative, quantitative analysis on all discharged records. Assigned deficient charts to the appropriate physician and nurse. I made sure chart was completed due to the standards of Medicare/Medicaid and Medical Staff guidelines. I made proper notification to the director, manager and/or risk management of any chart concerns.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Hannibal, MO 63401February 3, 2015
Hannibal Regional Hospital has a great work environment and the employees are always helpful and enjoyable to work with.
work environment toxic and political with loss of vision towards excellent patient care
Clinical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hannibal, MONovember 3, 2014
Staffing units appropriately with adequate patient/nurse ratios. Rounding on the facility with visualizing the needs of the patient as well as providing staff with what they needed to provide care to their patients was a major portion of my daily duties. Placing patients on appropriate unit needed to provide the optimal care.
Working directly with physicians to carry-out their orders and desired outcomes for each patient was something I really felt made my job important. Team work was and is a necessary component when working to provide and achieve the best outcome for our patients. Being in management placed me under a microscope and constant scrutiny which at first I felt made me do a better job and I gladly accepted it, but as the years went on, I began to feel resentful towards. I enjoy being a nurse and value my profession. Working as a nurse within the same organization for almost 20 years provided me with skills and relationships that only years of experience can provide.
Pros
Excellent nurses and teamwork
Cons
Poor management/administration
relaxed, easy going, fun
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Hannibal, MOOctober 28, 2014
I worked evenings, so I would come in at 3pm and leave at 12am. I would spend most of my time putting in prescriptions from each doctor for every patient in the whole hospital. I also spent a lot of time in the lab, where I would make IV's for each patient, after the doctor ordered it. Some where very important, such as epidurals. Since I worked evenings, I did not see my boss very much. From what I saw, he was doing wonderful things for the pharmacy unit. Upper management within the hospital seemed to care about each and every employee and patient. I was in school at the time I had this job, so the hardest thing about working in the pharmacy was balancing school and work. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new friends and seeing health care from a different angle.
Small Patient assignments
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  PCUMay 26, 2014
RN to patient ratio on PCU floor is 4:1. This can be challenging when the PCT is spread too thin. Education in telemetry and EKG provided as well as ACLS
Pros
manageable patient assignments
Great place to work!
Benefits Supervisor/Assistant HR Manager (Former Employee) –  Hannibal, MOFebruary 3, 2014
I only left employment with HRH due to relocation. Wish I was still there!
Pros
Great enviornment. Very positive, friendly and caring workforce.
good pay
RN Med/Peds/Ortho (Former Employee) –  Hannibal, MONovember 20, 2013
It was good pay but long hours 12plus. Learned a lot. but I did not like working as a floor nurse. the hospital was clean and up to date.
It was nice to work there
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Hannibal, MOOctober 14, 2013
There was too much turn over in specific areas. We had people quit after only 6 weeks of training and from what I understand it is still that way.
Wonderful organization that has created a great Cardiovascular Interventional Program.
Senior Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Hannibal, MOJune 23, 2013
I work with a small group of individuals within a community hospital that has a daily average of 3 patients. My main responsibility is to assist the physician with all procedures. I enjoy my team members and our patients but currently have no room for personal or professional advancement. The hardest part of my job is creating balance between a busy patient load, patient billing audits, and manual inventory processes.
Pros
Enjoy helping patients and families within our community.
Cons
No room for advancement.