Hannibal Regional Hospital

Hannibal Regional Hospital Employee Reviews

Fast paced lifestyle, always something new
Patient Care Technician, Secretary (Former Employee), Hannibal, MOMay 20, 2015
I enjoyed working in the ER. It was very fast paced most of the days and I never knew what I was going to walk in to. There was much to learn and plenty of new people to meet.
analysing reocrds
Medical Records Analyst (Former Employee), Hannibal, MOMarch 14, 2015
I performed records analysis. Qualitative, quantitative analysis on all discharged records. Assigned deficient charts to the appropriate physician and nurse. I made sure chart was completed due to the standards of Medicare/Medicaid and Medical Staff guidelines. I made proper notification to the director, manager and/or risk management of any chart concerns.
Intern (Former Employee), Hannibal, MO 63401February 3, 2015
Hannibal Regional Hospital has a great work environment and the employees are always helpful and enjoyable to work with.
work environment toxic and political with loss of vision towards excellent patient care
Clinical Coordinator (Former Employee), Hannibal, MONovember 3, 2014
Pros: excellent nurses and teamwork
Cons: poor management/administration
Staffing units appropriately with adequate patient/nurse ratios. Rounding on the facility with visualizing the needs of the patient as well as providing staff with what they needed to provide care to their patients was a major portion of my daily duties. Placing patients on appropriate unit needed to provide the optimal care.
Working directly with physicians to carry-out their orders and desired outcomes for each patient was something I really felt made my job important. Team work was and is a necessary component when working to provide and achieve the best outcome for our patients. Being in management placed me under a microscope and constant scrutiny which at first I felt made me do a better job and I gladly accepted it, but as the years went on, I began to feel resentful towards. I enjoy being a nurse and value my profession. Working as a nurse within the same organization for almost 20 years provided me with skills and relationships that only years of experience can provide.
relaxed, easy going, fun
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Hannibal, MOOctober 28, 2014
I worked evenings, so I would come in at 3pm and leave at 12am. I would spend most of my time putting in prescriptions from each doctor for every patient in the whole hospital. I also spent a lot of time in the lab, where I would make IV's for each patient, after the doctor ordered it. Some where very important, such as epidurals. Since I worked evenings, I did not see my boss very much. From what I saw, he was doing wonderful things for the pharmacy unit. Upper management within the hospital seemed to care about each and every employee and patient. I was in school at the time I had this job, so the hardest thing about working in the pharmacy was balancing school and work. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new friends and seeing health care from a different angle.
Small Patient assignments
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), PCUMay 26, 2014
Pros: manageable patient assignments
RN to patient ratio on PCU floor is 4:1. This can be challenging when the PCT is spread too thin. Education in telemetry and EKG provided as well as ACLS
Great place to work!
Benefits Supervisor/Assistant HR Manager (Former Employee), Hannibal, MOFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: great enviornment. very positive, friendly and caring workforce.
I only left employment with HRH due to relocation. Wish I was still there!
good pay
RN Med/Peds/Ortho (Former Employee), Hannibal, MONovember 20, 2013
It was good pay but long hours 12plus. Learned a lot. but I did not like working as a floor nurse. the hospital was clean and up to date.
It was nice to work there
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Hannibal, MOOctober 14, 2013
There was too much turn over in specific areas. We had people quit after only 6 weeks of training and from what I understand it is still that way.
Wonderful organization that has created a great Cardiovascular Interventional Program.
Senior Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee), Hannibal, MOJune 23, 2013
Pros: enjoy helping patients and families within our community.
Cons: no room for advancement.
I work with a small group of individuals within a community hospital that has a daily average of 3 patients. My main responsibility is to assist the physician with all procedures. I enjoy my team members and our patients but currently have no room for personal or professional advancement. The hardest part of my job is creating balance between a busy patient load, patient billing audits, and manual inventory processes.
Nice place to work
Medical Records Technician (Current Employee), Hannibal, MOApril 1, 2013
Pros: lots of variety
Cons: need more help
Assemble medical charts; tag for deficiencies; work with electronic health record; fulfill release of information requests
Hannibal Regional Hospital provided an opportunity for me to continue my education
Director of Hospital Operations/ Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Hannibal, MOJanuary 19, 2013
As Director of Hospital Operations, I was in charge the flow of staffing, admissions with correct placements, problems associated with those tasks and any other in house problems that should arise. In the event of any type of Code within the facility, my duties were to oversee and/or participate in carrying out what was necessary to facilitate the safety of the patient, visitors and employees. I reported directly to the VP of Nursing and the CEO as needed. The hardest part of the job would be trying to keep everyone happy and maintaining an environment of cohesiveness the most enjoyable part of my job would be direct patient care.
unit medical secretary
unit medical secretary (Current Employee), Hannibal, MOJuly 4, 2012
Pros: have in put on what goes on in the unit
Cons: not enough staff some times
post doctor orders, answer phone, answer call light, tell nurses what patients needs, use pagers for nurses and pcts file orders, labs, reports, consultations, ekg, page other department to floor when needed, use affinity soft ware in computer, e-mail, search for reports,and print off, use printer, fax machine, copy machine,
clean and pick up around nurses station, call for codes when needed.pick up break room, order office supplies, order supplies for medication room, put supplies away
I get along very well with all my co workers and supervisor, I enjoy learning some thing new, I enjoy working with the team i have
the hardest part of my job is when a patient passes away
i get the unit ready for the next shift,i trained new unit secretaries, that come to our unit, I belong to Unit Practice Team, I received above and beyond reward,
Productive enjoyable work place
Registration Clerk (Former Employee), Hannibal, MOJune 4, 2012
To assist the patients and make them feel at ease and comfortable during their visit.