Hanover County Government Employee Reviews

I loved my job and the people.
Assistant Director Human Resources (Former Employee), Hanover, VADecember 21, 2013
Pros: my job, the people, meaningful work, successes
Cons: no performance appraisal in the last 2 years, inconsistent applications of policies, groupthink, not progressive
I enjoyed seeing the 'aha' moment when my training registered successfully with participants. I solved problems successfully with employee relations. I had an excellent reputation as a problem solver with employees and with managers. People knew that I really cared about them and the business.
Hanover County DPU
Sewer and Water Construction Inspector (Current Employee), Pole Green Park Bruce CenterApril 12, 2013
Pros: nice people, great county to live in and schools are very good
Cons: experience mangement, micro manage
The managers expect so much out of each inspector it is hard to get the real work done. I am a common sense person that knows the drawings do not always work for the job at hand. That is where common sense comes into play.
Best company I have ever worked for!!
Local Probation Officer (Former Employee), Hanover, VAAugust 17, 2011
Pros: great leaders
Hanover County Government does a great job taking care of their employees. They are not only concerned about the citizins of Hanover, but also their employees. They have different training programs for employees and they keep you abreast of changing information. (Wish I never left!)