Hanover Hospital Employee Reviews

Coworkers were great.
Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PADecember 27, 2016
The people I worked with were great to work with. The floor was very organized. It was a great environment to work in. It felt very much like a community.
Decent work environment with great co workers and fair management
Operating Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PANovember 13, 2016
A typical day would consist of caring for patients and working alongside others in a team effort. I learned to constantly adapt to changes and deal with difficult high stress circumstances. Management was fairly decent although higher ups would frequently implement changes that made our job more difficult. The most difficult aspect of the job was dealing with high intense situations that would suddenly happen with a patients life hanging in the balance. Good teamwork and familiarity with job duties helped overcome these obstacles. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know your coworkers as you would work with them closely every day. It was also very rewarding to help patients.
Pros
Decent pay for on call hours. Good coworkers. Clean work environment.
Cons
Few benefits. Too many changes. Unnecessary workload at times.
sloppy and lazy
DIETARY AIDE (Former Employee) –  Hanover, KSOctober 28, 2016
I was a fast learner so i did a fairly great job at picking up on tasks and being able to complete them but after an argument with another employee and handling it with the help of office personell i was still fired because i "walked" out on a shift after having permission from other employees to leave because that was the only way to get the dispute to sease for the day.
Pros
30 min lunch break
Cons
lazy kitchen manager
Very friendly and supportive staff
Temporary Agency Travel Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hanover, PAOctober 23, 2016
I enjoy working for Hanover Emergency Department. The staff is very supportive and cohesive team. This company allows advancement.
Pros
team work
Cons
not enough earning hours
Great co workers and small town feel.
Staff Nurse & Charge Nurse, Clinical Nurse II (Current Employee) –  Hanover, PAOctober 4, 2016
I have loved working at Hanover Hospital. My co workers are great. It is a little top heavy in upper management. My current manager is not so great. Doesn't communicate ... says one thing does another... not professional at all. I worked on another floor and my manager was great.
Small community hospital
Employee (Current Employee) –  Hanover, PASeptember 7, 2016
Great patients!
Dedicated patient care.
Friendly staff.
Unsupportive supervisor/directors
No promotion for job growth.
Work was ok.
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PAMay 31, 2016
Work was ok, Management was not friendly, stab you in the back kind. The place was clean, Had a place to eat that was expensive and not that great. Was more security oriented then friendly.
Pros
Clean, Nice MD's.
Cons
Management.
Physically demanding job, good coworkers, management unconcerned with making the job appealable.
Housekeeping/Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PA 17331February 11, 2016
Wouldn't be a bad job if not for the outside subcontractor running the department. This person in management position has no vested interest in the hospital or its employees. The only interest this person has is what makes them look good to the company they work for. i.e. keeping costs as low as possible by keeping staff numbers low, and continuing to add duties to already very busy shifts. Keeping inadequate and substandard equipment. Running 3 shifts with each shift doing the same jobs differently, creating tension between shifts, and not wanting to address problems or try to find solutions.
Pros
Regular paycheck, coworkers were good people
Cons
Low pay, understaffed, no room for job growth.
ED Tech
ED TEch (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PAFebruary 4, 2016
Great co-workers
easy to work with schedule
learned how to do iv's and draw blood for labs
need more experience in working in er
i liked that it was fast paced
The environment was enjoyable
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PAFebruary 19, 2015
A typical included patrolling the compound for security purposes. Both inside and out. The hardest part of the job was the constant need for the Security Officers to restrain combative patients. The most enjoyable part was the comrade of your co-workers.
Pros
Good medical care
Cons
Personal safety was constantly at risk.
Love my coworkers and the patients just no chance to get a dayshift position
CTTechnologist (Current Employee) –  Hanover, PAFebruary 28, 2014
Nice place to work. Great co workers and patients are very friendly. No chance to move up in company or to even get off second shift.
Friendly workplace
Clinical Technician (Current Employee) –  Hanover, PAJanuary 7, 2014
Registering patients ordering lab and or imaging tests. Performing venipuncture on all age groups. Performing EKG's when needed. Verify insurance information and availability.
Satisfying work.
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Hanover, PAOctober 13, 2013
10 hour shifts
Mostly standing
Physically demanding
Hardest part is 10 hour shifts on your feet.
Co-workers are like family.
I enjoy the various task involved in a day.
Pros
Always something new
Cons
Mostly standing and running
good experience
Registered Nurse, Operating Room (Current Employee) –  Gettysburg, PAJune 11, 2013
gave me the experience I needed to explore/further my career.
Don't go to upper management if you feel that you have been wronged and be careful who you trust!
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Hanover HospitalApril 11, 2013
I worked at Hanover Hospital in 2012 before I was terminated. The first department that I worked in was great but there was no advancement opportunity. I was promoted to another department that gave me full time work which at first I thought was great but then became it became the biggest mistake I had ever made. The department that I transferred to was very unprofessional (management wise, regular staff was great), The management staff in so many words acted like they were still in high school and broke rules all the time. To sum this up I feel that I was wrongfully terminated because I went over my boss and her bosses head with a problem that involved them (I tried to talk to them first and it got me nowhere) and the day after they found out that I went over there head I was terminated. It is sad cause a few individuals will put a bad taste in your mouth for the whole place. You know the saying a few bad apples will ruin the whole bunch. I am not saying that every department is bad because it's not but they should really do something about some of the management running that place. Be careful feeling like you can actually go to upper management with a problem about management because they will allow management to fire you afterwards. I wish anyone one who gets a job there the best of luck. I know that I worked my tail off and in the end it didn't matter cause it was my word against there's and of course they won. Now I have all that time wasted and no reference for another job. I am not writing this to discourage people from working there because some departments are great.  more... If you do get a job there I hope that your experience is better then mine was. Just be careful who you trust.  less
Pros
good staff for the most part
Cons
some departments have bad management, can't trust some upper managment to help you
Hanover medical center is beyond bad
STAFF (Former Employee) –  HANOVER EXPRESS CAREJanuary 8, 2013
Hanover medical center is so bad and the executive level at the hospital are just as bad. The management and the staff at hanover medical center are so unprofessional. First impressions when I walked in were horible. It makes me feel uneasy to get care from anyone there because not one is a rn, they are all lpn's or lower. The turnover rate is tremendous at best.
Cons
all
Productive and fun place to work with wonderful employees.
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PASeptember 20, 2012
Even though each day was hectic saving lives, I left each day feeling great by knowing what I accomplished during my shift, I did it with wonderful teamwork. From administration down to co-workers, each individual went out of their way to work like a family.
I learned so much in the five years at this hospital gave me a chance to inhance my quick critical thinking, time managment and people skills, along with building my ability to teach.
Focus on the needs of the patients.
Emergency Room Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hanover, PASeptember 1, 2012
New and fresh every day, new challanges. We are busy everyday and try very hard to meet the needs of our patients and provide a good service to the community of Hanover.
Pros
great doctors and co workers
Cons
not always able to meet patient's expectations
a place to work close to home
LPN (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PAAugust 28, 2012
In the last 10 years I worked in Occupational Health where they could accommodate my restrictions. I answered phones, scheduled appointments and dealt with companies. I copied charts. I could step into anyone's job in the office if there was a need. The hardest part was saying good-bye after 31 years at the hospital.
Pros
excellent health insurance
Cons
sometimes no breaks and sometimes no lunch breaks or eating lunch at my desk
Most things you've heard about the work environment is true.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PAJune 29, 2012
I've learned that unless you become a part of the coworkers "clique" they will find a way to run you out. It is impossible to have a positive attitude because everybody is just so miserable and if you don't agree with their crankiness, they will find a way to make you look bad to management or make you feel miserable enough to quit. I compare my experience at Hanover Hospital as working with a pack of hyenas...If you can't assert your place in their pack, they will chew you up and spit you out.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hanover Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5