Hanover Hospital Employee Reviews

Fast paced and competitive
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PAOctober 1, 2017
I worked second shift then overnight when I worked in the lab. I had a difficult time coming off of overnights, day shift is hard to get. It taught me a great deal on how to work on my own though. There is no management on second or third shift.
Good Hospital and company
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PAAugust 30, 2017
This hospital was a nice place to work for. The pharmacy manager was very good at communicating the needs of its employees. She was a good motivator and great leader in the department.
Nunya (Former Employee) –  NunyaAugust 25, 2017
Good place to work. Great people. Nursing and medical staff treat other departments good. Have a cafeteria. Healthcare insurance good. Good compensation and vacation hours.
great learning experince
Nutrition and Food Services Intern (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PAAugust 4, 2017
enjoyed my time at Hanover hospital. learned many skills and had great co-workers. fast paced environment and loved interacting with patients daily and completing tasks
nice place to work, but a lot of stress.
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  hanover,pa.July 19, 2017
difficult to keep up with all the changes in computers. heavy workload for too few staff, which leads to a lot of stress. great co workers to work with and the staff made in more pleasant to work there.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
lots of stress.
A really good place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PAMay 3, 2017
Always had enough staff but usually didn't have enough PCT on the unit, but as a charge nurse I was willing to help the PCT as I was able. Really like the hospitals attitude toward their staff.
enjoy the enviorment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hanover, PAMarch 15, 2017
I enjoy working for the hospital. I enjoy my co-workers and how we help each other out. I've worked in nursing homes and was treated unfair and wasn't appreciated like at the hospital.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
12 hour shifts
Coworkers were great.
Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PADecember 27, 2016
The people I worked with were great to work with. The floor was very organized. It was a great environment to work in. It felt very much like a community.
Decent work environment with great co workers and fair management
Operating Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PANovember 13, 2016
A typical day would consist of caring for patients and working alongside others in a team effort. I learned to constantly adapt to changes and deal with difficult high stress circumstances. Management was fairly decent although higher ups would frequently implement changes that made our job more difficult. The most difficult aspect of the job was dealing with high intense situations that would suddenly happen with a patients life hanging in the balance. Good teamwork and familiarity with job duties helped overcome these obstacles. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know your coworkers as you would work with them closely every day. It was also very rewarding to help patients.
Pros
Decent pay for on call hours. Good coworkers. Clean work environment.
Cons
Few benefits. Too many changes. Unnecessary workload at times.
sloppy and lazy
DIETARY AIDE (Former Employee) –  Hanover, KSOctober 28, 2016
I was a fast learner so i did a fairly great job at picking up on tasks and being able to complete them but after an argument with another employee and handling it with the help of office personell i was still fired because i "walked" out on a shift after having permission from other employees to leave because that was the only way to get the dispute to sease for the day.
Pros
30 min lunch break
Cons
lazy kitchen manager
Very friendly and supportive staff
Temporary Agency Travel Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hanover, PAOctober 23, 2016
I enjoy working for Hanover Emergency Department. The staff is very supportive and cohesive team. This company allows advancement.
Pros
team work
Cons
not enough earning hours
Great co workers and small town feel.
Staff Nurse & Charge Nurse, Clinical Nurse II (Current Employee) –  Hanover, PAOctober 4, 2016
I have loved working at Hanover Hospital. My co workers are great. It is a little top heavy in upper management. My current manager is not so great. Doesn't communicate ... says one thing does another... not professional at all. I worked on another floor and my manager was great.
Small community hospital
Employee (Current Employee) –  Hanover, PASeptember 7, 2016
Great patients!
Dedicated patient care.
Friendly staff.
Unsupportive supervisor/directors
No promotion for job growth.
Work was ok.
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PAMay 31, 2016
Work was ok, Management was not friendly, stab you in the back kind. The place was clean, Had a place to eat that was expensive and not that great. Was more security oriented then friendly.
Pros
Clean, Nice MD's.
Cons
Management.
Physically demanding job, good coworkers, management unconcerned with making the job appealable.
Housekeeping/Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PA 17331February 11, 2016
Wouldn't be a bad job if not for the outside subcontractor running the department. This person in management position has no vested interest in the hospital or its employees. The only interest this person has is what makes them look good to the company they work for. i.e. keeping costs as low as possible by keeping staff numbers low, and continuing to add duties to already very busy shifts. Keeping inadequate and substandard equipment. Running 3 shifts with each shift doing the same jobs differently, creating tension between shifts, and not wanting to address problems or try to find solutions.
Pros
Regular paycheck, coworkers were good people
Cons
Low pay, understaffed, no room for job growth.
ED Tech
ED TEch (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PAFebruary 4, 2016
Great co-workers
easy to work with schedule
learned how to do iv's and draw blood for labs
need more experience in working in er
i liked that it was fast paced
The environment was enjoyable
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Hanover, PAFebruary 19, 2015
A typical included patrolling the compound for security purposes. Both inside and out. The hardest part of the job was the constant need for the Security Officers to restrain combative patients. The most enjoyable part was the comrade of your co-workers.
Pros
Good medical care
Cons
Personal safety was constantly at risk.
Love my coworkers and the patients just no chance to get a dayshift position
CTTechnologist (Current Employee) –  Hanover, PAFebruary 28, 2014
Nice place to work. Great co workers and patients are very friendly. No chance to move up in company or to even get off second shift.
Friendly workplace
Clinical Technician (Current Employee) –  Hanover, PAJanuary 7, 2014
Registering patients ordering lab and or imaging tests. Performing venipuncture on all age groups. Performing EKG's when needed. Verify insurance information and availability.
Satisfying work.
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Hanover, PAOctober 13, 2013
10 hour shifts
Mostly standing
Physically demanding
Hardest part is 10 hour shifts on your feet.
Co-workers are like family.
I enjoy the various task involved in a day.
Pros
Always something new
Cons
Mostly standing and running