Hanover Hospital

Hanover Hospital Employer Reviews

Love my coworkers and the patients just no chance to get a dayshift position
CTTechnologist (Current Employee), Hanover, PAFebruary 28, 2014
Nice place to work. Great co workers and patients are very friendly. No chance to move up in company or to even get off second shift.
Friendly workplace
Clinical Technician (Current Employee), Hanover, PAJanuary 7, 2014
Registering patients ordering lab and or imaging tests. Performing venipuncture on all age groups. Performing EKG's when needed. Verify insurance information and availability.
Satisfying work.
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Hanover, PAOctober 13, 2013
Pros: always something new
Cons: mostly standing and running
10 hour shifts
Mostly standing
Physically demanding
Hardest part is 10 hour shifts on your feet.
Co-workers are like family.
I enjoy the various task involved in a day.
good experience
Registered Nurse, Operating Room (Current Employee), Gettysburg, PAJune 11, 2013
gave me the experience I needed to explore/further my career.
Don't go to upper management if you feel that you have been wronged and be careful who you trust!
Former Employee (Former Employee), Hanover HospitalApril 11, 2013
Pros: good staff for the most part
Cons: some departments have bad management, can't trust some upper managment to help you
I worked at Hanover Hospital in 2012 before I was terminated. The first department that I worked in was great but there was no advancement opportunity. I was promoted to another department that gave me full time work which at first I thought was great but then became it became the biggest mistake I had ever made. The department that I transferred to – more... was very unprofessional (management wise, regular staff was great), The management staff in so many words acted like they were still in high school and broke rules all the time. To sum this up I feel that I was wrongfully terminated because I went over my boss and her bosses head with a problem that involved them (I tried to talk to them first and it got me nowhere) and the day after they found out that I went over there head I was terminated. It is sad cause a few individuals will put a bad taste in your mouth for the whole place. You know the saying a few bad apples will ruin the whole bunch. I am not saying that every department is bad because it's not but they should really do something about some of the management running that place. Be careful feeling like you can actually go to upper management with a problem about management because they will allow management to fire you afterwards. I wish anyone one who gets a job there the best of luck. I know that I worked my tail off and in the end it didn't matter cause it was my word against there's and of course they won. Now I have all that time wasted and no reference for another job. I am not writing this to discourage people from working there because some departments are great. If you do get a job there I hope that your experience is better then mine was. Just be careful who you trust. – less
HANOVER MEDICAL CENTER IS BEYOND BAD
STAFF (Former Employee), HANOVER EXPRESS CAREJanuary 8, 2013
Cons: all
HANOVER MEDICAL CENTER IS SO BAD AND THE EXECUTIVE LEVEL AT THE HOSPITAL ARE JUST AS BAD. THE MANAGEMENT AND THE STAFF AT HANOVER MEDICAL CENTER ARE SO UNPROFESSIONAL. FIRST IMPRESSIONS WHEN I WALKED IN WERE HORIBLE. IT MAKES ME FEEL UNEASY TO GET CARE FROM ANYONE THERE BECAUSE NOT ONE IS A RN, THEY ARE ALL LPN'S OR LOWER. THE TURNOVER RATE IS TREMENDOUS – more... AT BEST. – less
Productive and fun place to work with wonderful employees.
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Hanover, PASeptember 20, 2012
Even though each day was hectic saving lives, I left each day feeling great by knowing what I accomplished during my shift, I did it with wonderful teamwork. From administration down to co-workers, each individual went out of their way to work like a family.
I learned so much in the five years at this hospital gave me a chance to inhance my quick critical – more... thinking, time managment and people skills, along with building my ability to teach. – less
Focus on the needs of the patients.
Emergency Room Nurse (Current Employee), Hanover, PASeptember 1, 2012
Pros: great doctors and co workers
Cons: not always able to meet patient's expectations
New and fresh every day, new challanges. We are busy everyday and try very hard to meet the needs of our patients and provide a good service to the community of Hanover.
a place to work close to home
LPN (Former Employee), Hanover, PAAugust 28, 2012
Pros: excellent health insurance
Cons: sometimes no breaks and sometimes no lunch breaks or eating lunch at my desk
In the last 10 years I worked in Occupational Health where they could accommodate my restrictions. I answered phones, scheduled appointments and dealt with companies. I copied charts. I could step into anyone's job in the office if there was a need. The hardest part was saying good-bye after 31 years at the hospital.
Most things you've heard about the work environment is true.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Hanover, PAJune 29, 2012
I've learned that unless you become a part of the coworkers "clique" they will find a way to run you out. It is impossible to have a positive attitude because everybody is just so miserable and if you don't agree with their crankiness, they will find a way to make you look bad to management or make you feel miserable enough to quit. I compare my experience – more... at Hanover Hospital as working with a pack of hyenas...If you can't assert your place in their pack, they will chew you up and spit you out. – less
worked there for almost 10 years
staff nurse (Former Employee), Hanover,PAJune 25, 2012
Pros: great people
Cons: bad management
When I left Iwas working in the Cath lab. Great people to work with.
Guest Relations (Former Employee), Hanover, PAJune 6, 2012
Pros: the people are so helpful and friendly
Cons: lay offs
Hanover hospital is a great place to work. I learned alot about the privacy and protection of the visitors and patients and how important HIPPAA is.
Small but wonderful Hospital
Telemetry Technician, Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Hanover, PAMay 31, 2012
Great people. Very clean and excellent care! Small but very knowledgeable. Great relationships with management and employees
More CEO'S COME AND GO.
EKG (Former Employee), Hanover, PAApril 30, 2012
Pros: co-workers
Cons: upper management
CEO AND UPPER MANAGMENT COME AND GO. They make deals that hospital cannot fullfill and leave to another high paying job. They do not intermingle with lower employees or care to so just image what they think of the patients? Not a very stable place to work be carefull who you trust.
Fun workplace
Drug Screen Collector (Current Employee), Hanover, PA.February 24, 2012
Pros: helping people, feeling like you matter.
Cons: only working on call, not many hours.
I absolutely love working here. We always have so much fun, however we also get our job done. We are always meeting new people and helping them get better which makes us feel very good.
Do not have job security
Havoner, PA (Former Employee), Cloverleaf Interface CoordinatorNovember 9, 2011
Do not have job security because everyone is out to safe there on butts
IS dept is not stabile to work in.
Hanover, PA (Former Employee), Interface CoordinatorNovember 4, 2011
IS dept is not stabile to work in. They do not give you the tool to be able to do your job correctly.