Hanover Insurance

Hanover Insurance Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
Senior Rater (Former Employee), Salem, VAApril 29, 2015
Gather and analyzes rating data assigned by reviewing per guidelines with recommendations to Under Writer.
Interpret issuance and rating instructions from UnderWriters for new business, renewals, policy quotes, endorsements and cancellations. Provide customer service support for agents and insureds, handling various inquires and requests.
Call Center
Direct Service Agent (Former Employee), Howell, MIFebruary 16, 2015
This is a great environment with a lot of great people. I learned a lot from this job and appreciated the experience. Feel free to apply if you are looking for a good place to work.
Hanover was a good place to work, co-workers very helpful on the job. Management was not organized as far as helping the employess at times.
Mail Clerk (Former Employee), Worcester, MAAugust 4, 2014
Pros: don't get into free lunches, my work is what i would like employers to notice.
Cons: i do not take breaks as a rule, and if i take a lunch it would be fifteen minutes.
I am an early riser and always report to work early, am willing to learn anything that will expand my assets for company. I do like working with others but also feel more comefortable when working alone.
Great place to work. Co-workers eager to share knowledge, systems, procedures.
Support Staff (Former Employee), Salem, VAJuly 19, 2014
Pros: excellent benefit package. good people to work with and far.
Cons: 120 round trip to work
Worked within commercial lines. interpreting issuance instructions and determining a premium charge. Fast pace and good working environment.Excellent benefit package with room for advancement.
ok
Policy Processing Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 13, 2014
I do not wish to share a review.Great company and that is all I have to say
Run the maintenance and upgrades for a commercial insurance program.
Program Manager (Former Employee), Worcester, MAMay 30, 2014
Responsibilities include the total cost ($5 Million) of the program, the full SDLC of projects within the program, and direct HR accountability for staff.
Unorganized, high turnover, mediocre management
W.C. worker (Current Employee), Anonymous, USFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: some employees are professional.
Cons: management incompetence, cliques, favoritism, computer system.
The Worker's Comp unit is a mess, high turnover, management seldom in the office. Corporate interpretation of out of state employment laws governing pay out of time off benefits is questionable. Computer system is antiquated. Cliques and favoritism.
Senior Management should open their eyes and look at what remote location management is doing (and not doing) to benefit the company.
See attached Resume
Small Commercial Sales Manager (Current Employee), San Francisco, CADecember 23, 2013
It is a wonderful company with great people. I am looking to relocate. Hanover does not have positions in Iowa.
This company is fair on work life balance
Excellent..!!
Sr. business analyst (Current Employee), Worcester, MADecember 2, 2013
Pros: good area to work
Cons: na
in here people are good in deed to help you all the times. they give you good boost from their end. which makes you feel home.
Dysfunctional, backstabbing, unhealthy, micromanaged environment
Recruiter (Former Employee), worcesterOctober 11, 2013
Cons: everything
The manager was useless and did not listen. Noone trusted anyone else and managers would listen to phone calls and then question what you were doing. Everyone was afraid to speak up or would be retaliated against. If you made a mistake, no one discussed it with you or tried to help -- most folks just got fired. Very sneaky environment -- if you didn't drink the kool aid then you were canned. No one welcomed new ideas or differnt opions - it was like a very bad dysfuncitional family. The most awlful place I ever worked. It still gives me a stomach ache to think about it. Seriously!
People are nice; company is stable
Senior Claims Representative (Current Employee), Syracuse, NYSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: co-workers
Cons: stressfull at times
Alot of work but doable. No room for advancement although company is stable. Managers expectations at times are way to high for the amount of work however for the most part expectations are fine. Co-workers are awesome.
Productive and fast pased
UNDERWRITING ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Itasca, ILAugust 13, 2013
Pros: na
Cons: na
I had the ability to learn and grow while I with this company.
My Manager taught me and then promoted me into my postion while I was there.
Enjoyed most of time working for Hanover Ins
Billing Financial Specialist (Former Employee), Worcester, MAAugust 8, 2013
Pros: enjoyed the people and had great benefits.
Cons: some people you couldn't trust, they would run with you ideas.
I always loved my job at Hanover, but when things were being outsourced we knew things were going to change. Jobs were going to be eliminated, even though we were told we wouldn't lose our job.
Best place to work
Sr. HR Analyst (Former Employee), Worcester, MAAugust 2, 2013
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
I loved this place. The only reason I left this job was because I relocated due to my husband. I cried when I left this place. It was my dream job and I loved the people I worked with.
Great co-workers, unrealistic amount of claims
Associate Auto Adjuster (Former Employee), Worcester, MaJune 24, 2013
Pros: great faciltiy, good coworkers, decent bebefits
Cons: work flow
I loved working for Hanover for the first 6 months.
During this time I had a good training system and enjoyed dealing with both customers and coworkers.
Shortly after 6 months the work load became unmanageable.
I pride myself in being able to organize myself and prioritize my work. I also think that customer service should be a priority, especially for an insurance company. Unfortunately, I don't believe that enough time was allotted to be able to provide the service that the customers rightfully expected.
x
Claims Adjsuter (Current Employee), CTMay 9, 2013
Knowledgable co-workers - Questionable HR practices - Satisfactory autonomy
Poor leadership, females over 40 are overlooked for advancement opportunities, salary increases and bonus awards.
Underwriter (Current Employee), Howell, MIMay 3, 2013
There is no communication from upper management. The Howell, MI office is treated like red headed stepchildren by the corporate headquarters in Worcester, MA. If you are a woman age 40 or over you have no future with the company. Rarely does the company hire anyone over the age of 40. They outsource the processing, accounting, claims and underwriting functions to India but won't share that fact with the policy holders or the independent agents that sell their insurance. Employees are explicitly warned not to share that information with agents or customers.
Summer Intern, worked PT during college
Claims Adjuster/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Piscataway, NJMarch 17, 2013
Learned about insurance industry and how to provide good customer service.
Be Careful
Sr. Middle Market Underwriter (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 4, 2013
Cons: high turnover
Disorganized operation. In Atlanta, no leadership from underwriting management, it is management by intimidation and threats. High turnover among all departments particularly Middle Market underwriting. Underwriters are treated poorly and disrespected, not treated like the professionals they are.

Outdated rating and underwriting systems. No coordination between departments to work together. So many layers and departments in the HO it is difficult to find the correct person to help with simple requests.

April 19, 2013

Expect to be beaten for production.

It was a good company back then to work for.
Executive Secretary (Former Employee), Meriden, CTFebruary 20, 2013
Unfortunately, it was too long ago to give a good review. I worked there from 82 to 86. They shut down the CT Office and moved everything to their corporate headquarters in Massachusetts.

Hanover Insurance Salaries