Hanson Employee Reviews

The hardest part of the job
Hacker/ Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Mooringsport,LaJanuary 7, 2016
Extremely Physical, and must be able to work in all weather conditions. You have to be capable and have a strong mind.. I enjoyed the compensation..
fun
Cleaning Tactors (Former Employee) –  Corcoran, CAJuly 11, 2015
wsa a god job got to meet new people showed me how to turn a tractor on aldo showed me how to pick up the basket for the cotton.
fast paced pressure pipe work environment
WELDER III, Leh (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 25, 2015
We generally inspect crane, go to our assigned work bays, inspect the part, set up welder, and COMPLETE PIECE CHECK IT OUT START ANOTHER ONE
Pros
HAVING A FRESH PIPE IN MY BAY WHEN THE DAY STARTS
Cons
WAITING FOR MATERIAL
2x the fun
Nanny Share (Former Employee) –  Bedford-Stuyvesant, NYDecember 19, 2014
A lot of work but all worth it at the end of the day when everyone is happy.
Fun!
Therapeutic Riding Internship (Former Employee) –  Willowbrook, ILSeptember 18, 2014
Fun place to work! I loved everyone I worked with, even the horse. It was very natural for me to work in a barn since I own horses. But a great place to intern at!
Pros
Fun!
Cons
NA
Good Experience!
Door to Door (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIAugust 15, 2014
1-800-hansons is a great employer. They worked around my school schedule. They gave me as many hours as I wanted. The managers are nice and approachable. I always felt like I knew the expectations they wanted and they were clear on the goals set. They promote within, and anyone is eligible to apply for any position.
Pros
Flexablitity
Cons
Since I work outdoors, the weather can be a factor at times
not a very good place to work.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHApril 30, 2014
the company hardly had any cases in my area. I hardly had any clients and I was basically PRN.
Pros
paid for criminal background check
Cons
hardly any cases in my area
productive place to work
Refrigeration Small Shutoff Valve Assembler (Current Employee) –  Commerce, GAJanuary 9, 2014
I have learned to work in several postions in a warehouse setting.
Pros
meet new people.
Cons
will not hire on from temp services for at least a year. no help from management if problems occur.
i would like to go back to alaska and work for them again
cna (Former Employee) –  Sun City Center, FLNovember 25, 2013
yes i did injoy working for them.they were like a family.they would help with what ever you needed .and if you were sick they understood and found someone to take your place
Pros
i like the way they treeted you
Cons
one superviser was not caring of your feelings
it was a great place to work with great people and admin.
welder (Current Employee) –  Bakewell, TNOctober 23, 2013
we would have a safety meeting first thing in the morning from 6am -6:10am. then we would gather tools and materials needed for the work day. then we would inspect all of the equipment before starting the job. we started the work day prepared. This job helped me learn team building techniques. this is the job where I became certified to operate different equipment necessary to weld and where I got certified to do so. The employees at this factory were more like family than co-workers. I believe the hardest part of the job was to look out for the safety of my co-workers and myself as I was completing the task at hand. I believe the best part of my job was being able to start a job and being able to see it through completion.
Pros
learning how to weld, which would help me if i needed to advance or find another job in this feild.
Cons
on the job risk of being burned or cut.
Work there a short time
ASSEMBLER (Former Employee) –  COMMERCE, GASeptember 23, 2013
Ok place to work, long hrs. Not enough pay. It was an ok work enviroment
Outdoor work in various locations
Heavy Equipment Operator, Traffic Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Jamesville, NYNovember 14, 2012
I started working for Eastern Rock Products, now Hanson, in 1975 after working for a different contractor. Being one of the first women to work in the construction field,the men on the job took me under their wings and taught me the basics of construction. Long work hours and being away from home were the hardest part the past few years, but I enjoyed the changing work sites, night work, etc. My co-workers were friendly and almost always lent a helping hand.
Pros
member of the empire state contractors association for retirement plan, insurance, training, etc.
Were able to work at own pace, nice working environment
Project manager for firm wide implementation (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 7, 2012
Enjoyable,Many facets of the Litigation process, Worked well with Management and Co workers
Pros
worked at own pace
This was a very professional firm. There were outings but very focused on business
Legal Secretary/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 17, 2012
A typical day at work was: Operate keyboard equipment to produce legal documents such as pleadings, briefs, opinions, complaints, and dictation. PCLaw and Client Profiles utilized on a daily basis.

I learned how to do some accounting work and marketing work. Setting up damages packages.

The management was very organized and communicated well with us.

All co-workers worked close togeather we were a very small firm.

The most enjoyable part when I was put in charge of a pedometer challenge for the firm and got to run and set up the whole thing.
Pros
hour lunches. downtown minneapolis lots of choices to eat
Cons
when someone would bring their bad day to work.