Harbor Behavioral Health

Harbor Behavioral Health Employee Reviews

Terrible management. Horrible place to work, minimal vacation time, awful insurance benefits
Employee (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 27, 2017
This is the worst company in Toledo. Management is terrible. They do not care about their employees. A bunch of upper management money hungry pigs. You are just a number to them. Salary is amongst the worst in the city. Management ignores any concerns you have. Terrible insurance coverage, minimal vacation time. Overworked, no formal training, not enough staff. The best thing I ever did was leave. This place is an utter joke.
Team powered environment
Transition Support Specialist, TIP Program (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHOctober 19, 2016
Management is great and works well with employees. Everything is done as a team and no one is above any one else unless you hold a higher position.Amazing place to work. A very rewarding position. You get to see first hand the difference you are making.
fun and cool co-workers
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYSeptember 29, 2016
A typical day at work would be very productive sometimes it gets busy all day. The staff was very helpful and always available. I had a half hour lunch.
Pros
I got paid evry week
Cons
late hours
Stepping Stone
Business/ Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 28, 2016
If anything working for CEC should be considered a stepping stone towards what it is your really want to do in the corrections field. Learn what you can, as the training provides a lot of great information, gain the experience and move on.
Pros
Over 20 vacation days
Cons
Shady directors
Filled with productive, fun, hardworking people!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mt. Pleasant, SCSeptember 16, 2016
A typical day at work would include entering invoices, employee credit card bills, and filing. I was involved with accounts payable, payroll, and became proficient with Quickbooks. Co-workers were all very friendly and hard working. The hardest part of the job was learning payroll as i had never done it before but it came quick!
Trusted and Culutred work enviroment
Behavioral Pediatrics - Office Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 8, 2016
During the typical work day I manage all members of the Support Staff. In addition, I work with Clinical staff to carry out the daily office operations and ensure our patients receive quality care.
Job Security
Safe House Manager (Current Employee) –  Astoria, ORAugust 30, 2016
This executive director is hostile and the workspace is quite difficult. i love my job because i am able to help others however the work space is too difficult to manage.
Fast Moving Workplace, Supportive Environment
Job Coach (On-Site) (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 28, 2016
As a job coach, I was able to form professional and nurturing relationships with people who have disabilities. The job was a little hectic and stressful at times but it was a job that I looked forward to each and every day!
Cons
Contingent Job and frequent travel
Fun place to be
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, ILJuly 27, 2016
I really enjoyed working at harbor chase of plainfield. loved my employees and my residents. they sure put a smile on my face!! the environment there was amazing, and the staff i worked with was something i always looked forward to everyday.
Cons
not enough time to actually sit down and talk with the residents
Job where you could be very sucessful in the coming future.
Christian counsler (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOJune 28, 2016
The harbor is for entertainment also to enjoy an also be relax an see The beauitful place where could want joy the food court etc.
Pros
Well together place.
Cons
41k double money.
Great People and Mission
Administration (Current Employee) –  OhioJune 19, 2016
Great working hours and great people. I love our clients and how we help them to help themselves.
Communication is non-existent
A lot of open positions
Pros
Great People
Cons
The Pay is Not Competitive
Productive work environment
Receptionist/Medical Records Clerk (full-time) (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 4, 2016
Very fast paced.
Enjoyed working with co-workers.
Clinicians are knowledgeable.
Learned a lot about drug addiction and rehabilitation.
Helping children on a daily basis
Behavior Assistant / Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHApril 18, 2016
Harbor is a wonderful place to work. I enjoy interacting with children and helping them both with their academics and behaviors. The pay could be much better as well as the benefits. On a typical day I interact with children K-6th grade that have been removed from Toledo Public Schools due to their behavioral issues. I move from classroom to classroom and assist in helping them change their behaviors. I respond to crisis situations in hope of de-escalating students so they can return to their classroom and get education. Co-workers are fantastic, very helpful and willing to go out of their way for you. The hardest part of the job is at times dealing with the stressful situations when is child is out of control. At times we have to put our hands on students and physically restrain them until they are calm. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting and helping children out on a daily basis.
Pros
good work hours, helping children, wonderful co-workers
Cons
not enough money, poor benefits
Research demonstration project
Maternal & Child Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CaliforniaOctober 9, 2015
Extensive networking with hospitals, doctors and medical clinics
Audited medical records
Managed events and trainings at all sites
Ranked in the top of "most enjoyable place to work"
AOD -Vocational Rehabilitation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toledo, Ohio & Bowling Green, OhioSeptember 1, 2015
I've been able to work, learn, developed skills that would make me a great candidate for this position. The 12+ years of case management experience allows great communication between co workers which leads to a more productive work environment.
Pros
assisting consumers with thier issues
Cons
not enough time in the day to assist consumers with issues
Overall a great place to work!
Medical Receptionist/Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 23, 2015
Every employee is truly dedicated to the work that Harbor does and I would not trade my experience there for anything. The management is fantastic and the company is growing at a rapid pace. No two days are the same so it never gets boring.
Pros
Great benefits, Everyday is a learning experience
Cons
Average pay
Challenging but rewarding
CPST - Hospital Liaison (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 15, 2014
Everyday is different. There is some office work but a lot of community engagement.
Great experience, great learning oppurtunity
Case worker (Former Employee) –  Toledo OhioJune 11, 2014
This was an interesting and challenging position. Many clients with many needs. Co-workers were a great source of support and knowledge, as was most of the management.
Busy office working with staff and patients being available for questions and concerns
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 15, 2014
Working for this company taught me how to utilize and broaden my skills and knowledge. I enjoyed most training new staff.
Pros
Providing breakfast for friday morning staff meeting
Cons
Motivating other staff to learn new things
Very supportive staff with wide varity of services
Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 26, 2013
Harbor is the largest mental health provider in Northwest Ohio. The clinicians and staff are focused on providing for the client's needs. Harbor provides Health Home services to coordinate medical, psychotherapy, community and vocational services for clients. I find the staff and professionals to be supportive of each other in providing comprehensive care for clients and will go above and beyond for clients when needed.
I enjoy working there and knowing I have the support to offer clients to meet their needs that go beyond the psychotherapy that I provide. I enjoy working with clients and being part of their recovery.
Pros
Reimbursement for schooling, provided CEU seminars and monthly productivity bonuses
Cons
Required union membership for clinicians

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harbor Behavioral Health. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2