Harbor Behavioral Health Employee Reviews

Electronic Typical day as a Records Conversion Clerk
Temporary Scanning Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 7, 2018
Remove documents from patient charts, Sort and label paperwork prior to scanning, Transfer records to electronic format for diagnostic and billing usage, Re-align patient charts to increase readability, Use scanner to convert charts to new system. Train new hires in the Smartcare system. Scan in ROI’s and Disclose information, non-compliant letters, and distribute to proper co-workers for approvals. Also, disclose records to clients and agencies.
Not a top workplace.
CPST (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 1, 2018
Pay: Terrible. Really quite embarrassing and do not expect a raise. Only Upper Management are entitled to raises.

Upper Management: don’t have a clue about mental health and caring for patients. They stick together and your concerns may be heard but will always be ignored. Work load continues to increase, billable units keep increasing in expectation. You work and they play.

Department managers: these people do not know what they’re doing. How they obtain these positions is beyond me. Don’t expect any help from them. They are not there to help you . This department is a bunch of ladder climbers willing to do ANYTHING to get into upper management.

Co workers: many are great.BUT this company has taken its toll on many of their employees. The employees are run down / beat down. So many fantastic employees have left due to numerous issues. This is a place that cares for mentally ill. Yet the work environment here cause depression, anxiety, stress, fear, exhaustion etc in its very own employees. The turn over rate is at an all time high in all departments. Working here is literally causing people to be physically and mentally ill from the stress. It’s really sad.
Pros
Co workers
Do Not Work Here
Unknown (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 28, 2018
They do not care about you. All upper management cares about are themselves and getting to the top. They lie and tell you what they want you to hear and then will do things behind your back.
Pros
Cons
Everything about this company
I loved my job, my co-workers, and my clients
Child and Adolescent Therapist (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 17, 2018
Harbor was a great place to work. My co-workers were supportive, my managers were available, and my job was interesting and fulfilling. I only left due to a necessary cross-country move and I miss Harbor.
Great coworkers, not so great in most other ways
CPST, Behavior Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 8, 2018
Harbor has terrible turnover in most “entry” (bachelors) positions because you’re overworked and underpaid. I worked for them for 3 years. Slowly during my time, they seemed to care less and less about their employees and their wellbeing and more about money. Honestly, after their Promedica affiliation is when things seemed to go south, but that could be coincidental. I worked 2 different positions and loved my coworkers at both - there is a general sense of collaboration and they, aside from how I worked with my clients, were my favorite part of my employment. There are also some people that really, really love their job and do it well. They still don’t get paid much, however. After 3 years there, my pregnancy ended up with complications and I had to go on bedrest for a couple weeks. My daughter was then born 3 months early. After I ran through my FMLA, my daughter had just come home and I requested an unpaid leave of absence to stay with my 4 lb infant. This request was denied. I had stuck around Harbor because I liked the population I worked with and my coworkers, but this just really reaffirmed that this was not a company that cared about it’s employees. My position was not a popular one - it was rather difficult and had a very high turnover rate - but I loved it.
Pros
Coworkers, collaborative
Cons
Money focused, they’ll make things extremely hard on their employees to save money, “higher ups” seem entirely out of touch with the “lower” employees’ jobs
Don’t pay attention to this
Babysitting - Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Egg Harbor Township, NJDecember 10, 2017
I didn’t work here idk why it won’t let me say I didn’t work here. I babysat in egg Harbor not this place. I have nothing else to say just clarifying.
depends on where you work and who you work for.
administrative/ clerical (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 4, 2017
Loved my job until I was moved and it was my demise. the job I did at Harbor was excellent. I love to make a difference in others lives. I feel that is what the problem was at my job.
Disorganized
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 1, 2017
It was busy, disorganized, and required a lot of travel
There was no training, supervision, or support
Caring for the patients was great, but I did not have a chance to get to know them
Fun and loving environment for special needs children
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Orange, NJAugust 25, 2017
working hear opened my eyes to a whole new look on education. working with special needs children was been rewarding an hard. mostly rewarding when you see the progress the children have made.
As lead counselor we had a schedule and each day was filled with fun as well as educational activities. The children attend a social skills class in which they gave us a task / goal for the week such as respecting personal space or sportsmanship.

the hardest part was saying bye to the children after the summer was over

the best part was making a connection with the kids and seeing them grow
Easy job for pay/ bad for advancing
Assistant (Former Employee) –  OhioAugust 10, 2017
The job itself is entirely worth the pay, if you're the type of employee just working for a paycheck and don't care too much about your work, I would highly recommend this job. It's easy and sometimes fun.

On the flip side, if you have strong work ethic or have any sort of ambition I would strongly suggest you look elsewhere as the management here will never recognize anything you go above and beyond doing, they will make you work hours you didn't agree to when hired, and will listen to but then ignore your attempts at a mutually beneficial solution.
Pros
Generally friendly work environment, easy job for the pay
Cons
Lack of training, poor system for communication between staff
Growth and Recognition
Grant Administrative Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 10, 2017
There is not a lot of growth and no one will recognize a job well done. Underappreciated and undervalued. The job culture should be fixed. Senior Management has not done well in the last year.
Learned a lot
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sylvania, OHAugust 4, 2017
My manager was understanding and patient. However, I felt like it lacked organization because we were under staffed. I did however learn a lot and my co-workers were very supporting and willing to teach me.
Pros
Free Lunches and Nice Co-workers
Cons
Over worked
This place is not a place of business they only care about themselves
Playroom Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 18, 2017
This people who work here are self centered and only care about themselves... the kids you get DO NOT RESPECT YOU and the parents don't either they will fire you after calling off for 2 days this place is b.s and I will look farther if I were you
Pros
Cons
Low pay, mean bosses, stuck up staff
The worst place to work. Awful managers. Awful upper management.
Employee (Current Employee) –  OhioJuly 17, 2017
Harbor is the worst place I have ever worked. Management is unprofessional and downright a joke. They are harassers that stick together in a tight knit group of managers. As an employee, you are not valued. The patients are not valued. They only care about your monthly billable units. The pay is an embarrassment. The moral is extremely low . Many employees are quitting because of the constant unprofessionalism and disresepect. I have no idea how this company continues to be a " top workplace" other than the fact that they must be paying someone off to get that title. The managers are constantly getting on this site to write positive reviews to try and balance out all of the true negative reviews. Look elsewhere, this place is going downhill quickly.
Pros
Cons
Management, pay, benefits
I enjoy working with individuals we service.
OFFICE SUPERVISOR/SUPPORT TEAM LEADER (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 7, 2017
Assisting individuals with mental health . I enjoy being a part of the team and ensuring the clients needs are met. You learn something new everyday.
Pros
The team, compassion for the individuals
Cons
Not being told everything about changes.
Overall good company
Qualified health home specialist (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 7, 2017
Due to policy changes the job became very difficult to maintain. Culture was greatly effected by the changes. Employee moral suffered from the changes as well.
Pros
Client relationships
Cons
Low workplace moral
Part of a TRUSTED team
LPCC (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 3, 2017
Harbor is great place to work. I feel valued by my leadership and work with some of the most amazing people this industry has to offer! I made the move to Harbor recently after having worked in other CMHC, and the culture here is something entirely different; a much kinder culture with a mission to make the lives of those we serve better.

Harbor is a rapidly growing agency, for any individual looking to grow professionally - this is the place!
Pros
GREAT benefits, flexible schedule
The pay is an insult for the work they expect
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 26, 2017
I could of made more working at Walmart or McDonald's then I did working here. The management is only out of fatten their pockets. Policies are not withheld and often you get stuck in the middle of two managers having a ego contest. Benefits are comparable to cobra insurance. Unison pays more and treats employees better, if you are wanting to work in mental health try there first.
Pros
Cons
Pay, horrible managment
Top places for Jobs in Toledo
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 4, 2017
While Harbor is a great place to work, since becoming affiliated with Promedica there are numerous changes taking place that are making me rethink my future.
Pros
great environment, good, strong, collegues, core values
Cons
pay and not being valued as an employee as of recently
Great compnay but in transition
Scheduling Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 1, 2017
Harbor has ben a great company to be apart of and I enjoy working with a diverse and very knowledgeable staff. The only compliant is currently were in a transition phase and experiencing a lot of changes and the way we do things and in upper management..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harbor Behavioral Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Harbor Behavioral Health Reviews by Location