Harbor Freight Tools USA, Inc.

Harbor Freight Tools USA, Inc. Employer Reviews

Hard, physical labor...I love it!
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 17, 2014
Pros: everything!
Cons: maintaining regular sleep hours
Constant hours, steady work, demanding physical labor! I love this place!
Hard work Heavy lifting
Sales Floor (Current Employee), Braintree MaJuly 17, 2014
Pros: days off flexible
Cons: not enough hours
weird hours heavy lifting but they will give you time off whenever you need it .Ask for time off in advance
Productive and steady paced environment
Auditor (Former Employee), Dillon, SCJuly 16, 2014
A typical day at work is very productive. Scanning labels and counting you have to have a keen eye for detail. What I learned is that you can easily make a mistake if you don't pay attention to labeling and store numbers. I also learned that working in a production environment gives you a chance to easier interact with co-workers and work together better. – more... The co-workers can be helpful when you get behind in work they sometimes help you on getting the product done quicker if they are caught up with their work. The hardest part of the job is working the long late hours or sometimes having to sit around and wait on product when you have nothing left to do. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning about the different areas of production and working in an open environment where you can carry your knowledge to new places. – less
Empty Promises
Cashier (Former Employee), Laurel, MDJuly 13, 2014
Accommodating to family life, great benefits, not a great place for advancement unless you have good credit or so i was told
A clean work place with nice customers
Cashier (Current Employee), louisville kyJuly 11, 2014
Well organized work place. Work with great people. They have almost every tool you can think of.
Fast paced environment
Customer Service Rep./Data Entry Operator (Former Employee), Camarillo, CAJuly 11, 2014
Started in the call center and then went to the mail room and then worked in data entry verifying customer orders and entering them in the system
Great place to Work
Head Cashier (Former Employee), Rochester, MNJuly 10, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: unusual hours
Work was fast pace fun and co-workers were awesome. My manager was tough but fair couldn't ask for better while still being my boss. Hardest part about the job was hours. Late night closing then back at it before 5am. Combined with not enough pay the weird hours is only reasons I left.
Flexible, easy and fast work days
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Muhlenburg, PAJuly 10, 2014
flexible , easy work days, non difficult duties. benefits for part time
great environment
Warehouse Worker, cashier, customer service (Former Employee), CAJuly 9, 2014
learn something new everyday
good people management
ok co-workers
nothing hard
most enjoyable was interaction with customers
Retail Cashier, Sales, Warehouse (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJuly 9, 2014
Harbor freight was a really fun place to work at.
Sales, helping customers with their needs and seeing them walk out satisfied was a goal we all had.
First job and loved it
Cashier (Former Employee), Southgate, MIJuly 8, 2014
My first job and would have stayed if I was paid more. Management was fun other than the store manager at the time. The store manager is no longer there due to personal reasons but the overall atmosphere was great.
hgrs
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), charlestonJuly 7, 2014
Pros: jyrsjyrs
Cons: jyrsjtrsjsyr
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
quite stressful
Head Cashier (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CoJuly 7, 2014
Employee turnover was high due to lack of training.The few that stuck around were fun to work with.
the absolute worst.
cashier (Former Employee), syracuse,nyJuly 4, 2014
Pros: there isn't any
Cons: on a 6 8hr shift you'll get your break 45 minutes before going home.
The other person that reviewed from syracuse ny said it all perfectly.
The Brooklyn harbor freight tools is on of the worst retail stores to work in
Retail warehouse supervisor (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJune 30, 2014
Pros: when i clock out to go home
Cons: clocking in to start work
I am a former worker The store manager is a straight idiot! The dm is a idiot for hiring him. He does not know how to run a store and he manages off his personal feelings. I look at him an say " he must have hit his head on a stupid rock right before he comes to work!
typical day had our daily morning meetings @ 6:00am, always got off around 2:30 to 3:00pm
Temp. Laid (Former Employee), Dillon, SCJune 30, 2014
typical day had our daily morning meetings, supervisor on duty passed out SKU numbers went to our designated areas, got all of our boxes together and began work by 8:00 am were on a 15 min break, by 11:00 were on lunch, and by 2:30 were going home.
Harbor Freight
Customer Service (Current Employee), Duncanville, TXJune 29, 2014
Pros: schedule
Cons: compensation
Very flexible schedule, Excellent job/life balance, co-workers are very easy to get along with. At harbor freight I learned a lot about a running business which included supply and demand, inventory, sales and replenishment.
The managers and co workers are easy to get along with
Cashier/Customer Servicer (Current Employee), Florence, SCJune 27, 2014
Everything is pretty much good with this company. I've learned how to drive commission work harder here. The hardest part of this job I would say would be trying to get customers to understand our focus on why we must be well driven with ESP's and ITC's. For the most part its great working here!
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), Springdale, ARJune 24, 2014
Pros: customers
Cons: management, the script you had to say to customers
I liked the customers and a few of my co workers. I quit because of the 12 hours a week I was getting. When I asked for more hours, I was told I wasn't selling enough warranties and memberships. I'm not a pushy salesman. I was offering them, just not in a pushy way as some coworker/cashiers did. A couple cashiers were giving products away that were – more... equivalent to the price of a one year membership ($29.99), constantly using 25% coupons to talk the customer into buying warranties and one coworker would go as far as to add the membership without the knowledge of the customer. The customer would later come in and complain of the charge on their receipt. Managers basically said "Do what you have to do to sell ITC's and ESP's." This cashier did and they made her the Cashier manager. She cheated the customers to get ahead, She also bragged about the hundreds of dollars she made selling the warranties. There is a big difference between a go getter and a scammer. – less
Productive and enjoyable workplace.
Customer Service, Cashier (Current Employee), Fredericksburg, VAJune 21, 2014
Harbor Freight not only has an amazing Store Manager that makes you want to come to work everyday, the customers are amazing as well.

1 2 3 4 5

About Harbor Freight Tools USA, Inc.

In 1977, Harbor Freight Tools had a mission to make it easier for working people to get the best value possible on top-quality – Read more

Harbor Freight Tools USA, Inc. Photos