Harbor Freight Tools USA, Inc.

Harbor Freight Tools USA, Inc. United States Employee Reviews

Enjoyable and friendly place to work
Assistant Head Cashier (Former Employee), Reno, NVApril 30, 2015
Pros: Bonuses
Cons: Too busy on some days
Very busy daily which made day go by. The other employees were a lot of fun. Management was nice to work with. Hard to get up early in the morning. Enjoyed working here.
Fun Place to Work
Leader (Current Employee), Orlando FloridaApril 29, 2015
Pros: The atmosphere is awesome
Cons: Promotion is slow
A typical day at work should always start with a good morning. Then a overall day plan to succeed in completing all daily tasks. I actually love it when I have control of all management duties myself.
Productive and fun working environemt
Retail Associate (Current Employee), Crest Hill, ILApril 22, 2015
A typical work day consists of a lot of customers.
I have learned that customers can have good and bad days so you have to do everything in your power to make them happy or satisfied.
The management is awesome. They are very fair with scheduling and are great at how they handle situations.
My co-workers are awesome. We work amazing as a team because we all have the same goal.
The hardest part of a job is leaving. I love working and do not ever want to leave.
I enjoy a lot about my job. The co-workers are awesome. The environment is just an all around awesome place.
Slow
Cashier (Current Employee), New Jersey, union 07083April 21, 2015
Pros: free 15 minute breaks
Cons: Business is slow
A typical day consisted of staying put at the Cashier and stocking shelfs. being a tool place however situated between Lowes and home depot, bussiness was slow and the staff were short.

My co workers were good.

the hardest part of the job was heavy lifting.

the most enjoyable part was helping people out.
Ok, Not the hours I was looking for
Cashier (Former Employee), Springdale, ARApril 21, 2015
Harbor freight tools was my first back to work job after raising kids. Cashier/ sales associate-assisting customers.
not to bad
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Lexington, KYApril 21, 2015
Pros: good pay great hours
Cons: not enough workers
as a warehouse associate the overall duties of the job wasn't so bad but we lacked the correct amount of workers for the job to be done correctly the pay was good and the hours was good but it was hard to balance your life around your work.
enjoyable work environment with co-workers
Line Packer (Former Employee), Dillon, SCApril 17, 2015
I enjoyed working at hft on night shift because there was no drama and everyone on my line helped one another and got along. when 3rd shift switched to 1st shift our pay got reduced and the managers weren't as friendly especially my line manager
Unprofessional
Cashier (Former Employee), Pineville, NCApril 16, 2015
Ididnt like the unprofessionalism i ecperienced i was never properly trained to do my job and they were not as understanding as I though that they should have been.
Poor
Sales person/ Cashier (Former Employee), Bronx NYApril 13, 2015
Its a really good experience as far as making sales, would not recommend this to anyone who doesn't have patience. Also management is really bad ( they expect you to do the impossible )
As flawed as their imported products
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYApril 12, 2015
Pros: employee discount
Cons: low pay, no benefits for pt, too few hours, bad management
While the job was fun, poor management, coupled with lousy pay and, maybe, only a 10 hour work week, makes this job a bad choice for anyone but those with no work experience. Selling cheap tools to people only attracts customers with no common sense and shallow pockets; often I helped customers trying to skirt their way as cheapily (and often, as a by-product), unsafely through their projects. Management has no idea how to perform managerial duties, and often lashed out at employee. I gave job security a 4 star rating, only due to the rate of employees and managers leaving due to horrible conditions.
managememt
Head Cashier (Former Employee), Santa Fe, NMApril 8, 2015
due to the company growing, the management turn over rate is ridiculous throughout the entire company. The task and job desriprtions do not go hand in hand. they are very unstable in expectations that change day to day depending on how the manager is feeling.
employs do work as a tam some of them
Warehouse/Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Orange, CTApril 8, 2015
Pros: nobody like how they handled everything
Cons: would lie about anything so the job wont get into trouble
it was ok place to work at there were alot of favoritism going on when the new haven store moved to orange ct so the new management gave more hours to her group
nice place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Reading, PAApril 8, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: short breaks
I put merchandise out onto the floor, I worked with a lot of great people. I unloaded the truck. I organized. the people were very nice. got to meet sum very nice people who came into the store.
Interesting work environment
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 6, 2015
Pros: PTO
Cons: 5 min breaks
The one thing I take away from HFT is follow up. Ensuring your people are doing the right thing is key with this organization. This also enable management to identify potential candidates for future promotions and it gives us an opportunity to fine tune those needed skills.

Management as a whole is good. There is still a need to communicate better, especially from Home Office

Co workers have been great. The only downside to this is their shift to a part time culture. I see too many individuals leave due to no hours.

The hardest part of the job is keeping up with all the internal changes. This goes right back to communication. Once everything settles its all smooth sailing.

The most enjoyable aspect of my job is fine tuning critical skills such as merch management and general processes. All of this will transfer well over to a new career.
Awful
Cashier (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIApril 4, 2015
Pros: Pay and benefits
Cons: Everything else
I was always getting yelled at if I MISSED one "question" to ask a customer, not only that but the other employees there including Managers were horrible, rude, and just all around terrible. You are suppose to take concerns up with a manager if there was a problem they acted like you were interfering with something important they were doing even though they just stand they and joke around. Very rude I got cussed out and that is why I quit cause No manager(s) should cuss out an employee.
needs new management
Assistant Head Cashier (Former Employee), New London, CTApril 3, 2015
Pros: 10% off tools
Cons: bad management
this is the worst job i have ever had in my whole entire life management border line brakes the law for the love of all that is good take this job as a last resource
Decent place to work, good boss.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Charter Twp of Clinton, MI 48035April 3, 2015
The work is easy enough, just a lot of heavy lifting for bad pay. The management has it's ups and downs, and at some points can be way to into their position. The most enjoyable part however, is the boss. Just a real down to earth guy, very enjoyable to work around. (Groesbeck location)
Good benefits for a part-time job
Assistant Head Cashier (Former Employee), Cheektowaga, NYApril 2, 2015
Pros: Customer interaction
Cons: inconsistent management.
As a supervisor I had a lot of interaction with customers and handling difficult situations. I was in charge of training new hires and also training new procedures to current employees. I liked that, even though it was part-time, there were still benefits like health insurance, life insurance, paid time off and paid sick time off. It was a very flexible work schedule. The only downside was management was constantly changing and as a result there was very little consistency.
fun place to work
cashier (Current Employee), Englewood, COMarch 31, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: not enough hours
great work experience great people to work for but no hours new storegreat work experience great people to work for but no hours new storegreat work experience great people to work for but no hours new storegreat work experience great people to work for but no hours new store
Horrible
Retail Cashier (Former Employee), Temple, TXMarch 25, 2015
Wouldn't have been a bad place to work except I would be scheduled for 20-23 hours a week part-time, but would constantly be sent home early (supposedly to offset the lack of customers coming in buying things) and would then average only 10-13 hours per week. Wasn't worth the money I spent on gas just to get to work each day.

1 2 3 4 5

About Harbor Freight Tools USA, Inc.

In 1977, Harbor Freight Tools had a mission to make it easier for working people to get the best value possible on top-quality – Read more

Harbor Freight Tools USA, Inc. Salaries