Harbor Freight Tools USA, Inc.

Harbor Freight Tools USA, Inc. Employee Reviews

A healthier environment than my previous job
Cashier (Former Employee), Jackson, MIAugust 29, 2015
Pros: commission
Cons: not enough hours
I did not have long hours at Harbor Freight Tools because I was a part-time employee and worked a maximum of 20 hours a week. I worked as a cashier and also had to be a part of customer service. As the cashier, I had to learn how to talk to people. I was also given commission based on how many warranties I could persuade people into buying for their tool. If there was a problem that was out of my hands, there was always a manager I could call up front. The management was great; the team was always so helpful and positive while I was training and even after they took my training wheels off. They always tried their best to make my job easier when they could and I tried to lighten their load by lending a hand when they needed it. When I worked, it was usually just me and a five hour shift, but the rare times I did work with other cashiers, I had no problem. The hardest part of the job would be talking to strangers because I am really bad at talking to new people, but the most enjoyable part would be the team.
Stores are fast paced and the company is growing.
Presentation Manager (Current Employee), Glen Burnie, MDAugust 27, 2015
Pros: There is always something new coming along
Cons: My job has night shifts, 1 or 2 times a week.
I am a presentation manager. My people and I do all planograms, price changes, and displays. Also my duties include opening and closing the store, deposits, reviews, and helping customers.
a good place to work for first time job
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Madison, TNAugust 26, 2015
harbor freight is a good part time job or managment position, but experienced a lot of lazy co workers and managers in my time there.
okay very busy job
cashier/stock/customer service (Former Employee), stockton caAugust 26, 2015
mulitasking alot ,very busy and good attitude reqired.
did alot of everything and long days.
overall great work area and people
What I learned
INVENTORY (Former Employee), Dillon, SCAugust 19, 2015
what i learned while working at harbor freight tools is how to document and count the inventory on the items that are located inside the warehouse.
Fast Paced
Store Manager (Former Employee), Biloxi MSAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Fun customer base
Cons: Store culture needs developing at deeper level
Unique concept. Fast paced with attention to detail. Big focus on pricing detail and product presentation. Warehouse organization is a key to success.
Harbor
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Bronx, NYAugust 19, 2015
Pros: na
Cons: na
loading and unloading trucks, replinshing shelf inventory and complete building maintanace.. really long hours and the trians always had issues on the weekend... had to leave home an hour earlier to make it on time
Fast pace fun place to work.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALAugust 16, 2015
Pros: Great bonus
Cons: Very small warehouse space.
Working at Harbor Freight was a enjoyable experience I picked up a lot knowlege about tools and leadership. The most enjoyable part of the job was it fast pace with something always to do.
all good
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Texarkana, TXAugust 15, 2015
loved working there good experience. great people really great bosses, good coworkers lots of stuff to learn about at these nice companies
Fun and Easy
Retail Sales Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 11, 2015
Pros: great company
Cons: none
I worked here briefly as well. but it was a great experience and great customer service skills learned. and the people in the work environment were wonderful!
Easy Going
Cashier (Former Employee), Athens GaAugust 11, 2015
Enjoyed this working environment, everyone was supportive and laid back. Non stressful environment. Fast paced, and energetic staff members.
Fun Place to work, just no room for advancement
Cashier/Sales/Floor Associate (Current Employee), Eastlake, OHAugust 11, 2015
I enjoyed working here, but they do not like to promote from withing, so I was unable to grow with the company and would like to move on.
Assistant Head Cashier (Former Employee), Pineville, NCAugust 10, 2015
a typical day included regular customers that you would see almost everyday who loved the store and all of the employees, work wasn't hard people were friendly and pay was decent.
Hard working productive days.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Dillon, SCAugust 10, 2015
Productive thought out the days. Employees and management are very helpful and we learn a lot from each other. I Learned how to pick the correct tools and pack them neatly.
Helper (Former Employee), Sheldon, TXAugust 8, 2015
Pros: Fun employee, great management
Cons: Did not get as many hours as i would like
I enjoyed working for this company, i had great hardworking coworkers and i gain quite a bit of experience from working this company. My management were always on top of things, they always made sure that things got done and everyone was doing there job correctly and in a sufficient amount of time.
General Ethic - Lazy and Careless
Stocker (Former Employee), Township of Brick, NJAugust 8, 2015
Pros: It's a job.
Cons: Just about everything else.
This job is unkempt, risky and poorly congregated. The constant theme for truck loads are off kilter and borderline dangerous. Racist and vulgar remarks are thrown around the work place that are funny to some but uncomfortable and hurtful to others. Management hardly keeps up with its employees and some don't even know the employees' names, or if they even work there. Communication in this business has failed and continues to plummet. Customer interaction is interesting to say the least, but generally the customers aren't the problem. Getting more than 30 hours a week is just about impossible. The best part of this job is probably the radio playing in the background. Sad to say, but sometimes the truth hurts. On top of all that, you have to try hard to get fired because people come and go constantly, so they always need people on staff. They most likely won't fire you, they'll just stop giving you hours gradually. Not to mention many individuals don't show up to work without warning anyone that they can't make it. Some people take more breaks than they are allowed and some just do as they please. Some get angry and throw things, and some go slow on purpose so they don't have to do as much as everyone else.
Work Day
Assistant Head Cashier (Current Employee), Gretna, LAAugust 7, 2015
Our work day is usually fast paced. I like the fact that we keep busy. We sell our products at a great price. Before I worked here I shopped her. Great environment, with great sales.
Coworkers were a pleasure to work with. Managers were highly competent.
Warehouse Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Woodland Hills, CAAugust 7, 2015
Every day I would arrive and the start of my shift and would continue to work throughout all 8 hours.
Warehouse supervisor was smart and able to control work flow really well and participated greatly.
All my coworkers were supportive and helpful and good at there jobs.
I mostly enjoyed the physical aspect of the work.
Great Place For The Parttimer
Cashier (Former Employee), Aurora, COAugust 6, 2015
Pros: Chances to make a little extra money
Cons: Standing in one place for too long
This is a pretty good company to work for. You can choose your availability, and request days off whenever you needed, as long as there is enough notice before then.
A typical day at work is just ringing up purchases, front-facing, putting up stock, and interacting with the customers.
Management is very good, they make sure you take your breaks on time, unless there are a lot of people in line.
Most of the employees are really cool too, with a few exceptions.
The hardest part of the job was standing in one place for too long of a time, and the most enjoyable part is talking with people, if that's your thing.
exciting and friendly atmosphere and great teamwork
Stocker/Sales Associate (Current Employee), McAllen, TXAugust 6, 2015
Pros: co-workers make u feel like family
Cons: pay is a little low
it is always full of customers and always something new to do everyday. management is great and just a wonderful place to work at. the most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with the customers and helping them with all there needs.
Employees