Harbor Freight Tools USA, Inc.

Harbor Freight Tools USA, Inc. Employer Reviews

great place to learn about tools
assistant manager (Current Employee), westminster caJuly 24, 2014
Pros: great place to learn about tools
Cons: to much turn over
work freight assisn cashier registors check for any price changes or plan o grams customer service and cash handling
High volume, fast paced learning experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Charter Township of Clinton, MIJuly 23, 2014
Pros: 30 min lunch, 2 paid 15 min breaks, hourly paid with commissions, health insurance.
Cons: a lot of pressure is put on cashiers with the amount of responsibilities placed on sales associates.
While working in a high volume, fast paced store the average sales associate was expected to run a register, provide customer assistance, retrieve 10 mailing cards per-day, sell at the very least 5 extended service warranties on tools per-day, sell an Inside Track Club membership per-day, execute a word by word advertisement ever 15 mins for the inside – more... track club membership, answer calls, and make warehouse calls.

Where the managers are nice at times they feel very unattainable and difficult to reach.

The most difficult part of this position was how much was expected of a sales associate in the time that we were there, not to mention the immense volume of people who entered the store each day.

The most enjoyable part of this position was selling the insurance plans, getting to know customers and co-workers. – less
Co-workers are a pleasure to work with, like a family
Cashier/ Assistant Head Cashier (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 23, 2014
Pros: company is growing
Cons: our free items
Fast paced environment and our management is helpful. My co-workers are for the most part all working toward the same goal. The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult customers, but being part of the management team I'm expected to handle things calmly and effectively. Pleasant faces, return customers.
fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee), Brownsville, TXJuly 22, 2014
Pros: schedule
Cons: short lunches
everyday I had something new to learn, I learned how to handle powertools, management were awesome always there for use teaching us new stuff everyday, co-workers always working as a peaceful team I never had a hard time on my job and my better part of this job its I learned how to work in a team and handle stuffs that is called only for men I knew – more... womens can know and handle those stuff – less
Good Place for a job, Poor for career path, Large workload with little staff
Manager (Former Employee), raleigh, NCJuly 18, 2014
Pros: flexable working hours, benifits (when full time)
Cons: poor communication between leadership
Work early mornings, to late nights, overtime was almost required due to staffing issues. Learned how to manage employees on time constraints with large workload. High turn around rate due to workload shared among employees that show up/still come in to work.
Hard, physical labor...I love it!
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 17, 2014
Pros: everything!
Cons: maintaining regular sleep hours
Constant hours, steady work, demanding physical labor! I love this place!
Hard work Heavy lifting
Sales Floor (Current Employee), Braintree MaJuly 17, 2014
Pros: days off flexible
Cons: not enough hours
weird hours heavy lifting but they will give you time off whenever you need it .Ask for time off in advance
Productive and steady paced environment
Auditor (Former Employee), Dillon, SCJuly 16, 2014
A typical day at work is very productive. Scanning labels and counting you have to have a keen eye for detail. What I learned is that you can easily make a mistake if you don't pay attention to labeling and store numbers. I also learned that working in a production environment gives you a chance to easier interact with co-workers and work together better. – more... The co-workers can be helpful when you get behind in work they sometimes help you on getting the product done quicker if they are caught up with their work. The hardest part of the job is working the long late hours or sometimes having to sit around and wait on product when you have nothing left to do. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning about the different areas of production and working in an open environment where you can carry your knowledge to new places. – less
Empty Promises
Cashier (Former Employee), Laurel, MDJuly 13, 2014
Accommodating to family life, great benefits, not a great place for advancement unless you have good credit or so i was told
A clean work place with nice customers
Cashier (Current Employee), louisville kyJuly 11, 2014
Well organized work place. Work with great people. They have almost every tool you can think of.
Fast paced environment
Customer Service Rep./Data Entry Operator (Former Employee), Camarillo, CAJuly 11, 2014
Started in the call center and then went to the mail room and then worked in data entry verifying customer orders and entering them in the system
Great place to Work
Head Cashier (Former Employee), Rochester, MNJuly 10, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: unusual hours
Work was fast pace fun and co-workers were awesome. My manager was tough but fair couldn't ask for better while still being my boss. Hardest part about the job was hours. Late night closing then back at it before 5am. Combined with not enough pay the weird hours is only reasons I left.
Flexible, easy and fast work days
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Muhlenburg, PAJuly 10, 2014
flexible , easy work days, non difficult duties. benefits for part time
great environment
Warehouse Worker, cashier, customer service (Former Employee), CAJuly 9, 2014
learn something new everyday
good people management
ok co-workers
nothing hard
most enjoyable was interaction with customers
Retail Cashier, Sales, Warehouse (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJuly 9, 2014
Harbor freight was a really fun place to work at.
Sales, helping customers with their needs and seeing them walk out satisfied was a goal we all had.
First job and loved it
Cashier (Former Employee), Southgate, MIJuly 8, 2014
My first job and would have stayed if I was paid more. Management was fun other than the store manager at the time. The store manager is no longer there due to personal reasons but the overall atmosphere was great.
hgrs
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), charlestonJuly 7, 2014
Pros: jyrsjyrs
Cons: jyrsjtrsjsyr
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
quite stressful
Head Cashier (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CoJuly 7, 2014
Employee turnover was high due to lack of training.The few that stuck around were fun to work with.
the absolute worst.
cashier (Former Employee), syracuse,nyJuly 4, 2014
Pros: there isn't any
Cons: on a 6 8hr shift you'll get your break 45 minutes before going home.
The other person that reviewed from syracuse ny said it all perfectly.
The Brooklyn harbor freight tools is on of the worst retail stores to work in
Retail warehouse supervisor (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJune 30, 2014
Pros: when i clock out to go home
Cons: clocking in to start work
I am a former worker The store manager is a straight idiot! The dm is a idiot for hiring him. He does not know how to run a store and he manages off his personal feelings. I look at him an say " he must have hit his head on a stupid rock right before he comes to work!

1 2 3 4 5

About Harbor Freight Tools USA, Inc.

In 1977, Harbor Freight Tools had a mission to make it easier for working people to get the best value possible on top-quality – Read more

Harbor Freight Tools USA, Inc. Photos