Harbor Freight Tools USA, Inc.

Harbor Freight Tools USA, Inc. Employer Reviews

Sales Associate (Current Employee), Newark, CADecember 22, 2014
Typical Work Day; Filling the shelves, going to warehouse, cleaning warehouse, bringing outs back, cleaning and working on the register
What you Learned: Forklift operating, Register, Receiving a truck, scanning in inventory
Productive Enviornment
order puller (Former Employee), Dillon, SCDecember 22, 2014
- pulled orders as needed
-drove forklift
-completed all issues addressed by the supervisor
-maintained all paperwork associated with my production
Very different from what i am use to.
Cashier/Warehouse Asssociate (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 22, 2014
Pros: employee discounts
Cons: pay
This job was different from what i am use to, but it is a very good job for a person who loves tools, or just looking for part time work.
Was a fun job
Store Manager (Former Employee), Kent, WADecember 20, 2014
Pros: i was the store manager
Cons: i worked more then a hundred hours a week
Providing exceptional customer service, and respond to customer complaints
Preparing payroll and scheduling store
Recruiting, hiring and firing employees
Providing employee training, and employee development
Promote company objectives daily, including company daily communications
Office organization and order store supplies
Monitoring cash, reconciling – more... cash, bank deposits, petty cash, safe counts
Evaluation of employees, and performance reviews
Disciplinary actions, verbal and written
Organized of special promotions, displays and events, city permits
Long and short term store planning
Store operations audits, daily paper work complete
Shipping and receiving merchandise
Inventory of sales floor, and stockroom
Maintain store image, cleanliness, store and up keep, sales floor integrity
Maintain stockroom organization, and integrity
Maintain price presentation, and planograms, integrity
Maintain OSIA safety compliance, and Fire code safety
Accounts payable, Accounts receivable
Evaluation and analysis of sales reports, forecasting
Working with Venders, and miscellaneous accounts
Maintain Alarm, computer, and cash registers systems
Motivating employees thru company programs
Human Resource activity Insurance forms for employees
Cashier Audit reports
Forklift & Pallet jack maintenance
Assemble and maintain displays – less
Great Place, Low Wages
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLDecember 20, 2014
I learned alot from my managers and co workers about the products and customer service.
Horrible
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Centereach, NYDecember 16, 2014
No organization whatsoever and the workload is heavy with little compensation. Co-workers are lazy which means the rest have to pick up the slack.Schedule is very inconsistent with hours, no set schedule with ridiculous morning hours.
Productive and Friendly Place to work.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 15, 2014
Harbor Freight is an amazing place to work. The coworkers and managers are all very friendly and helpful, especially when you come in on a completely blank sheet. The best part of the job is learning about how all different types of tools and accessories are used.
Decent place to work
Cashier/Customer Service/ Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Bangor, MEDecember 15, 2014
Cons: no full time. no benefits
The job in itself is not hard. Being short staffed all the time leaves everyone with more responsibility and is not compensated. There are no benefits for part time employees, and they do not hire full time.
Can't live on 9hrs a week at minimum wage
Cashier (Former Employee), Federal Way, WADecember 15, 2014
Cons: everything
I had been working there over a year and was given only 9 hours a week at minimum wage for the last month I worked there.
I was a great employee that never called in sick, always showed up on time, and met/exceeded expectations.
They were still hiring people even with the severe lack of hours!
I can't live on 9 hours a week at minimum wage.
harbor freight
Stocker/Customer Service (Former Employee), Margate, FLDecember 10, 2014
Pros: free lunch
It was truck day ! And it was my first week of working and I had to do the whole truck by myself ,It was difficult to do at first but I had got the hang of it and accomplished the job and my manger was so proud of me...
Good workplace
Senior Corporate Recruiter (IT & Business) (Current Employee), Calabasas, CADecember 8, 2014
Very good company to work for with some very good perks. Growing so opportunity is there.
everything
team member/warehouse supervisor (Former Employee), Delray Beach, FLDecember 8, 2014
This is a job that you will be working everywhere from cashier to warehouse. Managers can be very uptight do to persistent customers. Constantly rearranging the store for sales and sales events. this is a nonstop one pace job for all team members.
Awesome Place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Jackson MiDecember 7, 2014
Pros: very fair compensation, great teams.
Cons: not many locations yet.
By far the best company I have ever worked for. I felt the company cares about the employees. Management is great very hands on. If you exceed expectations they reward you in your paychecks.
Above minimum wage but not worth it
Retail Clerk (Current Employee), Pennsauken, NJDecember 5, 2014
I really do not have anything to say about this company. Didn't like working there but it was a job. Some of the managers were OK, others were horrible. The pay was above minimum wage. The scheduling was hit or miss. They worked with you regarding school or family obligations.
Great place to work, and a very safe environment.
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee), Dillon, SCDecember 4, 2014
Pros: gift certificates
I really enjoy working here it a good place to work, have so many opportunities that give you good skills and learning how to do so many different jobs and the ability how to manage and to work in a team environment, this job you and grow and be more successful in the thing you do.
Solid placed to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Lufkin, TXDecember 4, 2014
Pros: good pay, great personal time off, family company
Cons: physical work, huge trucks and hours.
8 hours days, learned a lot about tools, management was ok, co workers were great, hardest part of job huge trucks a lot of lifting,
great place
Floor Personnel and Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), North Olmsted, OHDecember 4, 2014
Pros: great management
Cons: had to get full time
its a great place very relaxed and enjoyable. All my co-workers are very helpful. I learned a lot about all the tools there and there uses.
it was an ok job, if you can get past the customers then it's fine
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 1, 2014
Pros: nice co-workers and managers
Cons: not enough co-workers to split the job
I would get into work around 5, as soon as i clock in i would ask my manager if there is anything specific he would want me to do, if not then i would go and start to organize the floor, since i was one person this would take up allot of my time since i had to do the whole floor, during this time if the one cashier they had needed help, i would go up – more... and shorten the lines by getting on my cash register, after i would go and continue to organize the floor until they needed me again all while helping out customers and answering the phone, after this i would mop all 4 restrooms and the break room, and empty the trash cans, after this it would be around the time to clock out and go home which would be on good days 10 but on most days 11. specific duties i would do is restock, re tag, or move things in the back inventory. I learned how to multitask and how to be efficient while working, since i usually closed it was best for me to do my job as quick as possible while doing it right so i wouldn't have to go back and do it again. the management and co-workers were the best part about the job for the most part, some co-workers weren't helpful at all but for the most part it was the management were helpful and considerate whenever you made a simple mistake, but only to those who make up for it in their work ethic, the co-workers were nice and most of them knew what to do since they worked there for a while. the hardest part about the job was the customers, you would help them out to the best of your abilities and sometimes just get sass as a result, of course this may happen in allot of places but i feel that because im not as inclined about tools as the customers think i should be, they seemed to get on me just for not knowing every single part of my store. customers would also pile up on you due to the lack of employment, at times i would be dealing with 5 customers at once and every one get mad at me because i am taking too long or i shove them off while they try to ask me something because i am doing something for another customer. the most enjoyable part of the job is that as soon as you display that you are good at your job to the managers, the managers become more lenient with you and give you more freedom. – less
I did not like it.
Cashier (Former Employee), AmarilloNovember 29, 2014
Your position and hours can change with little or no notice. Appropriate compensation is not given for these job requirements or changes.
Working with people to keep them happy and find whatever item it is that there looking for
Warehouse/Cashier (Current Employee), Lemon Grove, CANovember 26, 2014
Pros: 20% discount on total purchase
Cons: only closing shift hours
Organizing the warehouse. Helping customers find what ever items they need while keeping them happy. I have learned to work the cash register and use a fork lift. I do not find the job for me, I am able to complete any task that I am asked to do. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with people and around tools. Co-workers are fine and do not – more... bother me, I do not let my co-workers distract me while working. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Harbor Freight Tools USA, Inc.

In 1977, Harbor Freight Tools had a mission to make it easier for working people to get the best value possible on top-quality – Read more

Harbor Freight Tools USA, Inc. Photos