Harbor Freight Tools USA, Inc. Employee Reviews

Very fun and easy job
Logistics Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 4, 2017
It was a very fun and easy job. The coworkers were great. The pay was fair. A good company to work for. The job was pretty relaxed and easy. Highly recommend
October 6, 2017

Thank you so much for the review, and we appreciate you being a part of our family in Columbus, OH! We are committed to constant improvement and making sure that our associates are excited to grow with us, so we appreciate your feedback. We wish you all the best on your career journey!

Just don't work there
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  York, PAOctober 3, 2017
This company is poorlyvrun and very disorganized. They are ok with people stealing from them, because they do nothing about it. The pay rate is just at minimum wage and they strive to keep you at part time so that they don't have to give you benefits.
October 6, 2017

Harbor Freight Tools takes safety and theft very seriously. We are committed to continuous improvement, which your feedback will help us do. We wish you the best of luck in your future career goals!

Was an ok place to work but not now with the management
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, LAOctober 3, 2017
The job is okay but they don't pay people what they deserve especially if you have been there for years.an the managers are terrible an talk behind your back an degrade you at all cost.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes or drinks.
Cons
Short breaks, lack of training.
October 6, 2017

Sorry you have not had the experience that you desired at Harbor Freight Tools. We are committed to continuous improvement, which your feedback will help us do. Please know that your store manager and district manager are open to your feedback and would appreciate you sharing you concerns.

Corporate Office - Overall Pretty Good!
Senior Inventory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calabasas, CAOctober 3, 2017
I had a great time at Harbor Freight! I learned a ton, had great work/life balance to finish school, and really enjoyed the culture and my coworkers I was surrounded by.
October 11, 2017

That's great to hear, and thanks for being a part of the Harbor Freight family in Calabasas! We wish you the best in your future career goals.

Enjoyed time working
Asst. Store Manager LOGISTICS (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 2, 2017
Every day is different, but almost the same in retail. Customer service is always first and foremost. Opening store entails getting all cashier stations prepared for the day. Checking daily schedule for all tasks and duties to be distributed for the day.
Pros
Good teams
October 3, 2017

Thanks so much for writing a review and your detailed write up of your duties. We agree that our associates and managers work hard to bring value to the hardworking. Glad you enjoyed being a part of our family in Dallas, TX and best of luck on your career journey!

if you like tools but you don't like home depot is the place for you.
Warehouse Associate / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLSeptember 30, 2017
relax place to work no stress but always be doing something or perhaps seem like it because theirs always something to do mostly restocking the store. people are friendly and staff as well. cool place you learn a lot of things about Tools in general.
Pros
when sidewalk sale "event" food for employees is free.
Cons
pay rate might not be suitable
October 3, 2017

Thanks so much for writing a review. We agree that our associates and managers work hard to bring value to the hardworking, and encourage a supportive, respectful workplace. Best of luck on your career journey!

Productive and fun workplace
Associate (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXSeptember 30, 2017
Great job and also career opportunities. Learn alot of tools and what they are used for. A typical work day consist of restocking shelves, cleaning and organizing warehouse and cashier.
October 3, 2017

Thanks so much for writing a review. We agree that our associates and managers work hard to bring value to the hardworking, and encourage a supportive, respectful workplace. Appreciate you being a part of our family in Pearland, TX and best of luck in your career!

I did not like it.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 30, 2017
I absolutely despised working for this company. Besides the fact that it was a decent amount of money made for having a retail job, I hated everything else.
October 3, 2017

Sorry you did not have the experience that you desired at Harbor Freight Tools. We wish you the best in your future career goals!

John work place
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Crest Hill, ILSeptember 30, 2017
I ask for more hours and they don't give , I ask to move on of something different and they don't let me move on .. I would tell everyone don't work at harbor freight. It's not a good company to work with.
October 3, 2017

Thank you so much for your feedback, know that your managers would be open to your feedback and sharing your concerns. We appreciate your hard work and all you and the team do to make Harbor Freight a great place to work and shop.

Stress made the job terrible
Stocker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTSeptember 29, 2017
there was a lot of back stabing going on. Management did not give a sh** about the employees. Management was happy to write people up whenever they got a chance. Management did not care about the high turnover rate.
Pros
flexible hours when part time
Cons
Management sucks big time
October 3, 2017

Thank you for your feedback, sorry you didn't have the experience you desired at Harbor Freight Tools. We are committed to continuous improvement, which your feedback will help us do. We wish you the best in your future career goals!

Fast paced workplace.
Logistics Associate (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNSeptember 28, 2017
Though my experience with the store location i worked at for the company is more negative than positive, there were times working there that were fun and enjoyable. Definitely a bunch of bs at the location I was at throughout the 3 months I was working there. Can be Quite stressful when there were influxes of customers and some of them deciding to be disgruntled sometimes while us employees have a bunch of tasks to complete. But can also be more relaxed when there aren't many customers there. The truck shipments should DEFINITELY be at night so there isn't as much stuff to clutter the sales floor when products are being ran from the stockrooms and don't have to worry about customers. But Harbor Freight decides to do it before work and during work. There is more i can say about my experience, but in the end of things, you work with some good people, gain work experience, and get paid.
Pros
Good coworkers, earning money legally, gaining work experience, and can get some pretty good benefits.
Cons
A lot of bs and short 10 minute breaks and 30 minute lunches.
October 3, 2017

As you know Harbor Freight Tools is committed to constantly improving our processes, and appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and we will make sure to share it with the appropriate team members. Thanks for being a part of our family in Lebanon, TN. We wish you the best in your future career goals!

late hours
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NESeptember 28, 2017
Only downfall was working late hours after store closed. Sometimes you would not get done with work until 2 or 3am. Also the last minute changes that they would want done would make us stay there longer then what was intented.
October 3, 2017

Thank you so much for sharing your detailed feedback. Harbor Freight Tools is dedicated to continuous improvement at every level of employment, including management and maintaining work/life balance. We wish you the best in your future career and thanks for being a part of our family in Grand Island, NE.

could be very productive at times
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 28, 2017
Was a very nice place to work till upper management changed. most enjoyable part of the job was the people i managed,Had a very hard time adjusting to new store manager, he did not want long term employees or anybody over 40 working there,he was allowed to treat people badly, the hardest part of the job, was no matter how hard you worked if upper management did not like you they made your life very hard
Pros
working with customers, selling tools, employee discount, people i worked with
Cons
working overnight, management, long hours, changing of policies and procedures to suit store managers needs
October 3, 2017

Sorry you did not have the experience that you desired at Harbor Freight Tools. We are committed to continuous improvement, and will utilize your feedback to help us do so. We wish you the best in your future career goals!

Simple and easy
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WASeptember 27, 2017
This job can go both ways. It can be fast paced and stressful. But it can be slow and mellow as well. Make commission by selling in store replacement plans and special store memberships.
October 3, 2017

Thank you so much for your feedback, we at Harbor Freight Tools really appreciate it. Good luck in your future career goals!

N/a
Store Manager Supervising (Current Employee) –  Seaford, DESeptember 27, 2017
Easy job. Prices drive customer flow. No clarification on accountibility process. Never was supported with under performing associates/managers.

Company direction was very clear.
October 3, 2017

Harbor Freight Tools is committed to continuous improvement, which your feedback is going to help us continue to do. If you need any clarification on job-related duties know that your store manager and district manager are open to your feedback and would appreciate you sharing you concerns. Thanks again for being a part of the family in Seaford, DE and we look forward to seeing you in stores!

Retail Tools
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 26, 2017
Good place to work, not much stress. No insurance for part time, but did have incentives to sell warranties on certain tools. Typical cashier experience, but management does back you up when there is an issue with a customer.
Pros
Management supports employees
Cons
Not enough hours, low pay
October 3, 2017

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback. We love that our associates work so hard to deliver value to the hardworking and appreciate all they do every day to make Harbor Freight Tools a great place to work and shop. Kudos to your manager in Winston-Salem, NC for helping you as well!

Good work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chico, CASeptember 26, 2017
I have not been working for harbor Freight long, however I feel that the employees and managers are fair and caring toward others. I was welcomed to the team and taught how to do the job.
Pros
Fun environment
October 3, 2017

Thanks so much for your feedback and for being a part of the Harbor Freight Tools family. We're happy to hear that you're getting the support that you need and look forward to seeing you in the stores!

just a bad place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Wentzville, MOSeptember 26, 2017
Hard work but that didn't bother me it was other employees that didn't do there jobs.Was told when I was hired it would become full time, after 3 months still part time,that is why I'm looking for new job.
October 3, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your hard work and all you and the team do to make Harbor Freight a great place to work and shop.

Ok workplace
Cashier/Pricing (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 25, 2017
They store i worked at needs new management that know what they r doing. The company will make you do work and not get paid for doing work in that position.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Horrible management
October 3, 2017

Thank you for providing this feedback, we are committed to continuous improvement at all levels of employment, including management. We appreciate you being a part of the Harbor Freight Tools family in Fresno, CA and wish you the best in future career goals.

everyday ordinary job
Stockroom Associate (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 25, 2017
fast pace laid back not enough workers to help business flow freely and make things harder on the rest of the staff. They try and press the employee's to work harder and do 2-3 jobs at once
October 3, 2017

Harbor Freight Tools is committed to continuous improvement, which your feedback is going to help us continue to do. Please know that your store manager and district manager are open to your feedback and would appreciate you sharing you concerns. We wish you the best in your career journey!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harbor Freight Tools USA, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9