Harbor Freight Tools USA, Inc.

Harbor Freight Tools USA, Inc. Employee Reviews

A great Company to start working for after working in construction for years...
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee), Camarillo, CAMarch 23, 2015
I enjoyed how I was given the opportunity to start a completely whole different job then my last one which was working in the local laborers union for so many years, hard work too! But learning to unload/load trucks and stack on pellets and re-wrap and stock it afterwards was easy because fellow co-workers help or just good instructions from my supervisor.
Cashiering stocking customer service
Cashier/Stocker/Sales Floor (Former Employee), Austin, TXMarch 22, 2015
Pros: got some good knolede about tools
Cons: dead end job
Come in help costumers with questions about the merchandise. Work the register for a while. Then stock the sales floor and, repeat till you go home. Met some really cool people both coworkers and customers. There was some good managers and some that didn't deserve that position.
Great place to work. Great customers and staff.
Front P.O.S. Cashier (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMMarch 20, 2015
Pros: great customers and employees.
Cons: they won't let me work full-time.
I've worked there for 17 mos. I love it! Co-workers and management is great! I love the customers, too. Everyone is so friendly! I'd work full-time if they'd let me!
Warehouse Worker
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Lufkin, TXMarch 18, 2015
I had an alright time working there. the co worker was great to work with. the hardest part of the job is when the trucks came in on monday nights and i had to stay till 3 A.M.
worst management team ever
Sales Assoc./Warehouse (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLMarch 18, 2015
the store manager is an idiot. the assistant managers are self serving sexists with no clue how to build a proper team atmosphere. If you are a woman don't apply for anything here other than a cashier position they will make you miserable
Very little hours
Store associate (Former Employee), Stockton, CAMarch 17, 2015
Pros: It was a start
Cons: Not Recommended for a career.
The hours were not great. Work was only one day a week and 4 or 5 days a month. The new assistant manager was not the greatest and treated me poorly.
Worst company to work for
Cashier/Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Vestal, NYMarch 16, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Everything
Harbor Freight does't just cut costs on tools, the organization is pathetic from the ground up. From local management to corporate Human Resources to the distribution warehouse...it's all just a mess. If you want to work where no one cares, apply here.
Review
Loss Prevention Analyst (Former Employee), Dallas, TxMarch 11, 2015
Many advancement opportunities within the retail side and corporate headquarter side. A small but rapidly growing company to work for!
ok
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAMarch 9, 2015
ok for part time job,no overtime you know a store that wants to be big box but is family owned doesn't treat workers right stating pay is 7.50!
Small tool store, lot of fun customers.
Sales Clerk (Former Employee), Clinton Township, MIMarch 5, 2015
While I worked there, I had created a lot of loyal customers for the company. They were like a small family to me. Stocking the shelves, receiving the truck, ringing the register, and helping customers were all things I would do at Harbor Freight. My first real retail job, and certainly not my last.
Not the best place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Parkville, MDMarch 5, 2015
Pros: customers and co workers
Cons: no breaks, lack of upper management training
I worked in an environment where there was little women in the management. I was employed at this company for a very long time and a typical day was spent taking care of the customers needs, not matter what had been left from the day before. The customer should have been the priority of the company but somewhere along the way they got lost. The people that ran the company forgot that the customers were the ones that really paid us, so schedules were written to save money and annoy the customers. The customers were the best part of the day and always were a delight to be around. the hardest part of the job was to be an employee when polices could change two or three times in a month, you never knew what to expect. The customers that were loyal to a fault were the ones who truly suffered at the hands of a greedy owner and faulty business practices.
Productive , fun place to work
Warehouse associate (Former Employee), Glen burne, MDMarch 3, 2015
Pros: company lunchens
Cons: short lunch breaks
Productive fun place to work, I learned how to become a better team player, the management was nice and understanding . The co-workers make it a fun place. The most enjoyable part was being with fun people
Good
Store Manager (Current Employee), Hayward, CAFebruary 26, 2015
Good, decent, ok, considerable, average. young, growing, infant state, plentiful in opportunity. good pay, lots of sales events, customer service is above exceptional
It's ok not the best place
Loader/Picker (Current Employee), Dillon, SCFebruary 26, 2015
Sometime can be an unsafe environment. Difficult to learn because I wasn't given the proper training in some areas. Unorganized area at times.
Harbor Freight
Store Manager (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: healthcare
A typical day would be providing excellent customer service while supervising associates. The most enjoyable part of the job would be working with the public and meeting new people.
enjoyed working for harbor freight
Cashier Fork Truck Certification (Former Employee), Davenport, IAFebruary 24, 2015
enjoyed working with customers. received fork lift certification from harbor freight. was cashier, customer service, accounts receivable, stock, warehouse, inventory
I looked forward to going to work and working with great employes
Cashier/ Head Price Coordinator (Current Employee), Battle Creek, MIFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: vacation time and benefits
Cons: they do tend to have lots of rules for retail, but it's a great place to work!
Well a typical day at work well.... everyone has there ups and downs, but by all means work day was good!
I learned how unload a truck price items through out the store!
Management was great love to work with both of my boss's!
Hmmm Co-workers some you could work with and some you just had to deal with, but I had a great time working with everyone. We all have a different opioan on things. I like to do what makes people happy. Makes the day go by faster and everyone just seems to get along that way!
The hardest part about my job was sometimes dealing with angry customers,but thats about all that I would say was the hardest part about that job.
The most enjoyable part about my job would be working with some great co-workers and having a awsome boss. The fact that I learned alot here at harbor freight tools so I can have a future job better! I love to work with people!
Day In the Life of Freight
Retail Sales Associate (part-time) (Former Employee), St. LouisFebruary 21, 2015
This is great job for experience or even to get your foot in the door, the only thing that's not to like is if you are looking for hours.
Managers i work with on a daily basis are amazing.
Pricing Coordinator (Current Employee), Kalamazoo, MIFebruary 20, 2015
In a typical day I assist customers, check inventory, stock shelves, and help with stockroom upkeep. At least once a week I perform price audits and set up new displays. For a year I was the Head Cashier, at which time I opened or closed as needed, performed clerical duties, made money orders, and performed the daily procedures required at time of opening and closing the store.
good
Head Pricing Coordinator (Former Employee), Odessa, TXFebruary 19, 2015
Theres always something to do, never bored. a friendly environment and always great people working. and people always work together.
team work goes a long way there.

About Harbor Freight Tools USA, Inc.

In 1977, Harbor Freight Tools had a mission to make it easier for working people to get the best value possible on top-quality – Read more

Harbor Freight Tools USA, Inc. Salaries