Harbor Freight Tools USA, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 1,298 reviews matching the search
Relaxed Work Place
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 5, 2017
Working here was pretty much a breeze. After a while it does get boring though because it doesn't stay busy year round. The people there are wonderful and will become a second family to you if you stay there long enough. All you really have to do is try to stay busy whether that is cleaning, checking people out, or restocking.
Pros
20% off
Cons
hours being cut
Great company , growing rapidly, innovative ideas
Retail Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Covington, LAMarch 15, 2017
I loved the company and the customers. I was unable to make more than 19-22 hrs per week . The store manager was knowledgeable, and patient, always keeping the store stocked and clean. Overall the company was a good place to work.
Pros
Fun, interesting, different
Cons
Not enough hours
Excellent Customer Service
Cashier and Salesperson (Current Employee) –  Muskogee, OKJanuary 11, 2017
Dependable and hard working. I have 20+ years in customer service. I also have excellent cash handling skills. A typical day at my current job is serving customers in an upbeat and friendly manner, stocking and cashier. The hardest part of my job is just not enough hours. I really enjoy connecting with the public.
Productive workplace
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Dillon, SCFebruary 14, 2017
Here I learned how to work well with a team, and plan together as a group in order to get done with the work in a good timely matter. The hardest part of the job is picking up slack from co workers who don't work as hard as everyone else. What I enjoyed the most was how involved the management team was with the workers.
I enjoyed the stuffing
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 14, 2017
I really enjoyed working here it was a learning job for me. I love how my manager tried to always followed the schedule I give him for me . if you are looking for some easy extra work for a short time or the a little extra cash, go here.
Pros
Easy work and cool stuff / and 20% discount for all employee
Cons
no health care for part time employee
really didn't enjoy working here
Cashier / Sales (Former Employee) –  Natick, MAFebruary 27, 2017
I felt under lots of stress at all times from management . I never was told i was doing a good job , the more you did the more they expected . I told them i needed the same hr's and days every week because I had other commitments and they couldn't accommodate me .
Pros
not many
Cons
short breaks, no insurance, no sick days
love it!!!
Sales Associate/ Logistics Associate (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSNovember 27, 2016
use to work here, worked here for almost 5yrs and they are amazing I tell you what there is not a day that goes by that I don't wish I still worked here!!! great pay, amazing managers and coworkers, it has a family feel to it that you wont find at any other job out there I can promise you that!! butttt ya know made some mistakes now considered not rehireable.....but you live and you learn everyone is young and dumb at some point in there lifes lbutttt anyways I would give this company a big A there amazing good job hft keep up the amazing work!!!
Pros
competetive pay, great understanding managers, the place has a family feel to it, the enviorment is so laid back, all they ask is that you do your job and come to work on time, very good at doing there best to give you the needed days off you request as well as your PTO
Cons
cant think of any!!!
Casual and Fun Work Environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Hinesville, GA 31313December 28, 2016
Part time less than 24 hour work week unless you're in management.
Highly interactive with customers.
Management is very helpful when you need it.
Hardest part of the job is knowing where every products are located
Best part of the job is working and interacting with customers.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Not enough hours
Fast paced manual labor
Stock Clerk, Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILMarch 17, 2017
Working at harbor freight is not an option if you are not into hard manual labor. Your body is constantly being beat up because of the laziness and ineffectiveness of the managerial staff. Even though they are a tool store most of the workers are not the sharpest tool in the shed.
No hours available to you unless you are FT
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Opelika, ALDecember 1, 2016
Do not work here part time expecting more than 12-15 hrs a week. Full time are only getting about 30. If you are working then you probably need the money and you wont find it here because you wont ever be scheduled. I learned the hard way. Dont waste your time unless youre an assistant manager or above. You will not get any hours, I promise you.
Nice place to work
Customer Service, Load and unloaded Semi Trucks (Former Employee) –  East Peoria, ILJanuary 27, 2017
Nice people to work with, Need higher wages, Pretty good as for job security. Liked to work with the customers and have good conversation with people to help with their purchases. Nice environment to work in.
Pros
Healt Care, Flexiable Hours.
Cons
Had to work weekends, Need higher wages.
Was at one time fun to work their. If that store manage don't leave the store will go down because how he treat customers and coworkers
Pricing Coordinator/ Supervisor of sales (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GADecember 18, 2016
Poor store manager don't know how to treat co-worker and alway have someone else to do his dirty work never was their for anything when they plan to let you go because he is a poor store manager
It's very interesting
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 29, 2016
It helps you to learn more about customer service. It helps you to learn how to do replinichment reports, and a variety of skills. You get to learn and process a truck, how to organize each item where it belongs and to put it in each section. You have to work the floor and make sure everything is in its right place
Entergetic, fun environment, typically decent pace
Retail Clerk - Sales - Logistics (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaNovember 1, 2016
Depending on who the manager is on duty is, typically determines how much ''drama" goes on. Generally a good environment and tensions stay low. Good part time opportunity, just use common sense on the small things and the large things typically follow.
Pros
Always something to do to stay busy
Cons
Low sales (per store) = few hours. Full time associates use bulk of hours
Great Place to Work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IAFebruary 18, 2017
The general manager and his team is great. You are treated with respect. The job consists of stocking shelves, providing great quality service, and knowing where items are in the store. You get your lunch and breaks on time. As a part-timer you build up vacation time. It is a fun place to work.
Sucks working here management sucks too hrs and pay suck...!!
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXOctober 23, 2016
Everything about this place sucks the don't care about the night crew, the people who actually get the product in the store. All the in store use stuff is broken and defected. Several employees and myself are in the process of having them investigated. Another thing is they NEVER pay me on time, pay is on Friday and I don't get it till monday even Tuesday sometimes..
Pros
No pros
Cons
Evrything about this place
not the best
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lompoc, CAJanuary 14, 2017
You might like It if your just getting out of high school, and you just want the absolute bare minimum hours. They don't really acknowledge the employees efforts. They only care about the leadership team, regular associates get left in the dust. Overall not a great place to work at
Pros
Comission
not enough hours
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Wyoming, PAFebruary 7, 2017
unfair work conditions , 20 hrs for 2 weeks , not enough hours let go early if sales are down and pay roll has to be cut most of the time

don't even think about working here find a better place
Pros
get to leave early if sales are low
Cons
over nights, no life, even when your off you get called in
great environment ... pay and hours can be better
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntington Park, CANovember 14, 2016
i liked this job. it was simple and the team was friendly, the only problems that i had with this job was the hours and pay they can do better and from what i hear the company is planning to open more stores so hopefully the employees get increased pay and hours
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
low pay, not many hours, heavy lifting
Fast paced and steady
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMFebruary 8, 2017
A typical day at work was pretty much the same everyday! Alot of the same companys /customers everyday or weekly! Fun environment to work ,You dont need to know about tools to get the job but is a plus!
Pros
Learn something new everyday having to do with tools
Cons
not always a full- time scedule

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harbor Freight Tools USA, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9