Harbor Freight Tools USA, Inc.

Harbor Freight Tools USA, Inc. Employee Reviews

managememt
Head Cashier (Former Employee), Santa Fe, NMApril 8, 2015
due to the company growing, the management turn over rate is ridiculous throughout the entire company. The task and job desriprtions do not go hand in hand. they are very unstable in expectations that change day to day depending on how the manager is feeling.
employs do work as a tam some of them
Warehouse/Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Orange, CTApril 8, 2015
Pros: nobody like how they handled everything
Cons: would lie about anything so the job wont get into trouble
it was ok place to work at there were alot of favoritism going on when the new haven store moved to orange ct so the new management gave more hours to her group
nice place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Reading, PAApril 8, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: short breaks
I put merchandise out onto the floor, I worked with a lot of great people. I unloaded the truck. I organized. the people were very nice. got to meet sum very nice people who came into the store.
Interesting work environment
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 6, 2015
Pros: PTO
Cons: 5 min breaks
The one thing I take away from HFT is follow up. Ensuring your people are doing the right thing is key with this organization. This also enable management to identify potential candidates for future promotions and it gives us an opportunity to fine tune those needed skills.

Management as a whole is good. There is still a need to communicate better, especially from Home Office

Co workers have been great. The only downside to this is their shift to a part time culture. I see too many individuals leave due to no hours.

The hardest part of the job is keeping up with all the internal changes. This goes right back to communication. Once everything settles its all smooth sailing.

The most enjoyable aspect of my job is fine tuning critical skills such as merch management and general processes. All of this will transfer well over to a new career.
Awful
Cashier (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIApril 4, 2015
Pros: Pay and benefits
Cons: Everything else
I was always getting yelled at if I MISSED one "question" to ask a customer, not only that but the other employees there including Managers were horrible, rude, and just all around terrible. You are suppose to take concerns up with a manager if there was a problem they acted like you were interfering with something important they were doing even though they just stand they and joke around. Very rude I got cussed out and that is why I quit cause No manager(s) should cuss out an employee.
needs new management
Assistant Head Cashier (Former Employee), New London, CTApril 3, 2015
Pros: 10% off tools
Cons: bad management
this is the worst job i have ever had in my whole entire life management border line brakes the law for the love of all that is good take this job as a last resource
Decent place to work, good boss.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Charter Twp of Clinton, MI 48035April 3, 2015
The work is easy enough, just a lot of heavy lifting for bad pay. The management has it's ups and downs, and at some points can be way to into their position. The most enjoyable part however, is the boss. Just a real down to earth guy, very enjoyable to work around. (Groesbeck location)
Good benefits for a part-time job
Assistant Head Cashier (Former Employee), Cheektowaga, NYApril 2, 2015
Pros: Customer interaction
Cons: inconsistent management.
As a supervisor I had a lot of interaction with customers and handling difficult situations. I was in charge of training new hires and also training new procedures to current employees. I liked that, even though it was part-time, there were still benefits like health insurance, life insurance, paid time off and paid sick time off. It was a very flexible work schedule. The only downside was management was constantly changing and as a result there was very little consistency.
fun place to work
cashier (Current Employee), Englewood, COMarch 31, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: not enough hours
great work experience great people to work for but no hours new storegreat work experience great people to work for but no hours new storegreat work experience great people to work for but no hours new storegreat work experience great people to work for but no hours new store
Horrible
Retail Cashier (Former Employee), Temple, TXMarch 25, 2015
Wouldn't have been a bad place to work except I would be scheduled for 20-23 hours a week part-time, but would constantly be sent home early (supposedly to offset the lack of customers coming in buying things) and would then average only 10-13 hours per week. Wasn't worth the money I spent on gas just to get to work each day.
a very tense work place
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee), calabasas caMarch 24, 2015
working at harbor freight they asked a lot of you with little to no support. working with the guys in the qa department was great.
A great Company to start working for after working in construction for years...
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee), Camarillo, CAMarch 23, 2015
I enjoyed how I was given the opportunity to start a completely whole different job then my last one which was working in the local laborers union for so many years, hard work too! But learning to unload/load trucks and stack on pellets and re-wrap and stock it afterwards was easy because fellow co-workers help or just good instructions from my supervisor.
Cashiering stocking customer service
Cashier/Stocker/Sales Floor (Former Employee), Austin, TXMarch 22, 2015
Pros: got some good knolede about tools
Cons: dead end job
Come in help costumers with questions about the merchandise. Work the register for a while. Then stock the sales floor and, repeat till you go home. Met some really cool people both coworkers and customers. There was some good managers and some that didn't deserve that position.
Great place to work. Great customers and staff.
Front P.O.S. Cashier (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMMarch 20, 2015
Pros: great customers and employees.
Cons: they won't let me work full-time.
I've worked there for 17 mos. I love it! Co-workers and management is great! I love the customers, too. Everyone is so friendly! I'd work full-time if they'd let me!
Warehouse Worker
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Lufkin, TXMarch 18, 2015
I had an alright time working there. the co worker was great to work with. the hardest part of the job is when the trucks came in on monday nights and i had to stay till 3 A.M.
worst management team ever
Sales Assoc./Warehouse (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLMarch 18, 2015
the store manager is an idiot. the assistant managers are self serving sexists with no clue how to build a proper team atmosphere. If you are a woman don't apply for anything here other than a cashier position they will make you miserable
Very little hours
Store associate (Former Employee), Stockton, CAMarch 17, 2015
Pros: It was a start
Cons: Not Recommended for a career.
The hours were not great. Work was only one day a week and 4 or 5 days a month. The new assistant manager was not the greatest and treated me poorly.
Worst company to work for
Cashier/Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Vestal, NYMarch 16, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Everything
Harbor Freight does't just cut costs on tools, the organization is pathetic from the ground up. From local management to corporate Human Resources to the distribution warehouse...it's all just a mess. If you want to work where no one cares, apply here.
Review
Loss Prevention Analyst (Former Employee), Dallas, TxMarch 11, 2015
Many advancement opportunities within the retail side and corporate headquarter side. A small but rapidly growing company to work for!
ok
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAMarch 9, 2015
ok for part time job,no overtime you know a store that wants to be big box but is family owned doesn't treat workers right stating pay is 7.50!

About Harbor Freight Tools USA, Inc.

In 1977, Harbor Freight Tools had a mission to make it easier for working people to get the best value possible on top-quality – Read more

Harbor Freight Tools USA, Inc. Salaries