Harbor Freight Tools USA, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 1,560 reviews matching the search
good job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  York, PAJuly 18, 2017
a good place for a first time job and to learn what certain tools r and how to use them.
can also be fun and relaxed.
knowing how much change to give back to the custumer service.

August 12, 2017

Thank you for your time with Harbor Freight Tools! We wish you all the best on your career journey.

poor
Warehouse, Stock, Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZJuly 18, 2017
poor management and poor wages and poor security and no benefits and overall I would not recommend this job to anyone, not even school kids looking for a few extra bucks.
August 12, 2017

•Thank you for your time with Harbor Freight Tools! We are working very hard to be a better place to work and shop and couldn't do it without our AWESOME associates around the country. We are committed to constant improvement and making sure that our associates are happy and learning so we appreciate your feedback. We wish you all the best on your career journey.

Loved this job
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 18, 2017
I definitely would work here again but i will be honest what made me leave is consumers would bring in many generators with gasoline fumes and leave them by the register because we have to check them and that for me was a health issue. Other than that its a great company with good pay and room for growth.
Pros
They treat employees great, random dinners just for appreciation
Cons
you must sell Extended Service Plan & Inside Tracking Club it can be hard sometimes

Logistics Analyst (Current Employee) –  Richland, WAJuly 18, 2017
maintaining the sales floor stocked and learned more about costumer service and assistance And management is pretty good and nothing to hard about the job.

Busy Store
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RIJuly 18, 2017
My typical day would be punching in and going up to ring out customers and answering phones and help customers find what they need and help cleaning.
Pros
extra money for esp and itc programs
Cons
short breaks standing long period of time

Casual environment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Camarillo, CAJuly 17, 2017
Depending on which department you work for they are sometimes flexible. Typical day at work if mind your own business and depending on your department you may just be dealing online or over the phone all day. Some managers are ok. Work place culture is ok. The hardest part of the job is low wages. Enjoyable part of the job is more work.
August 12, 2017

We love that our associates work so hard to deliver value to the hardworking and appreciate all they do every day to make Harbor Freight Tools a great place to work and shop. As you know we are committed to constantly improving our processes and appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and we will make sure to share it with the appropriate team members. Thank you for your time with us here at Harbor Freight Tools and best of luck on your career journey.

Very quick
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 17, 2017
Had to work very hard to get more pay. have very quick deadlines, work is very fast pace and doesnt stop for anything. found myself very burnt out after a work week
August 12, 2017

Thank you for your time with Harbor Freight Tools! We are committed to constant improvement and making sure that our associates are happy and learning so we appreciate your feedback. We wish you all the best on your career journey.

Instering employment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYJuly 17, 2017
Really enyoyed taking an empty building and making it into a running business. I enjoyed the work, tbe only problem was a manager who felt he could do no wrong. I could not deal with his good ole boy attitude.
Pros
Good work conditions
Cons
Had to work every weekend

fun place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 17, 2017
Your main focus is the customers, providing them with great service and the right tools for there jobs.great environment but needs better upper management and systems put in place
August 12, 2017

good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 17, 2017
good with hours and bonuses good with training
good schedules
learn about tools
meet great people
has a good training system for advancement with the company
may need to increase wages although you can make good with the bonuses
August 12, 2017

Worst company to work for
Logistics Associate (Former Employee) –  Beckley, WVJuly 15, 2017
This is the worst company to work for bad management and bad quality. I would recommend never working there to anyone. Unorganized company and bad quality on everything there
August 12, 2017

Thank you for your time with Harbor Freight Tools! We are working very hard to be a better place to work and shop. We are committed to constant improvement and making sure that our associates are happy and learning so we appreciate your feedback. We wish you all the best on your career journey.

Job sucks
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXJuly 15, 2017
Hours always getting cut, it just sucks because a lot of people have bills to pay, and if you have a bad week in sales then they cut your hours and then it's hard to gain them back. It's a horrible company
August 12, 2017

Thank you for all you and the team do to make Harbor Freight Tools a great place to work and shop. As you know we are committed to constantly improving our processes and appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and we will make sure to share it with the appropriate team members. We appreciate your hard work and dedication to helping Harbor Freight Tools deliver value to the hardworking

Horrible management and not a team store
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJuly 15, 2017
By far one of the worst stores to work for. The management is rarely ever available to help since they all hide in the office. The store is always short handed but have no hours. Shifts are cut with no notice and they get mad if you are upset. I'm sure this is not all stores, or at least I would hope it is not. The pay isnt bad but the raises are a joke. For what you have to go through there, not worth it.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Terrible management and communication

Good for younger workers
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 14, 2017
Strict on dress code

very little room to advance

able to get extra pay from selling warranties

flexible work schedule

the pay is very low to start
Fun people to work with
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHJuly 14, 2017
Working at Harbor Freight Tools has been such a fun switch in my routine. I would stay here for a while if I didn't have to move half an hour away! The people I work with in my store truly make it and enjoyable place to work. Anybody would be lucky to be a part of the team at store #274!
Was a relaxed work enviorment
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 13, 2017
Was just a temp job, it was ok to work for. The hours were ok. Management was amazing. Didn't like all the extras that was required when customers checked out
August 12, 2017

We love that our associates work so hard to deliver value to the hardworking and appreciate all they do every day to make Harbor Freight Tools a great place to work and shop. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and we will make sure to share it with the appropriate team members. Thank you for your time with us here at Harbor Freight Tools and best of luck on your career journey

productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYJuly 13, 2017
The store needed more knowledgable people nd more people on the floor helping customers The managers were great people to work with. Had many oppurtunties to get extra money by selling warranties
Pros
spiff money
Cons
short breaks

Fast Growing Company
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Cadillac, MIJuly 12, 2017
Fast growing retailer, with a unique business model. Operationally very different from other retailers that I have worked for. Overall, a good employer.
August 14, 2017

Thanks so much for your feedback and for being a part of the Harbor Freight Tools family! We agree that Harbor Freight is a great place to work and shop, and thank you and the whole team in Cadillac for continuing to bring great value to the hardworking. Look forward to seeing you in the stores!

excellent envoirment
Logistics Associate (Former Employee) –  Harriman, TNJuly 11, 2017
Nice work place. Well put together store where customer service is excellent.Made sure customer service was the main priority along with composure, and Action oriented
August 12, 2017

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback. We love that our associates work so hard to deliver value to the hardworking and appreciate all they do every day to make Harbor Freight Tools a great place to work and shop. Thank you for your time with us here at Harbor Freight Tools and best of luck on your career journey.

A good first job
customer service and sales (Current Employee) –  Murrieta Hot Springs, CAJuly 11, 2017
A good work environment. There is a lot of heavy lifting that goes on when working logistics in this store. The management is ok and the co workers you will be working with are easy to get along with.
August 12, 2017

Thank you and the team in Murrieta, CA for all you do to help make Harbor Freight Tools a Great Place to Work. As you know we are committed to continuous improvement and your feedback will only help us get better, so thanks for sharing. All the best and we will see you in the stores.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harbor Freight Tools USA, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9