Harbor Freight Tools USA, Inc.

Harbor Freight Tools USA, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,055 reviews matching the search
Retail tool store, customer interaction great, very hard work
MERCHANDISE ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 26, 2016
A typical day would be understaffed. Upper mgmt were only negative. Scheduling was erratic, and left little time for a life outside work. While pay was very good, not worth the trouble.
Cons
erratic work schedule
Generally fun place to work, but hard to survive on given unavailability of full time positions.
Warehouse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Belton, MOJune 26, 2016
Interaction with customers and usually co-workers is pleasant, and processing freight is easy enough provided the truck shows up on time, which it never does since we changed trucking companies. Averages about eighteen hours a week in my case, and Belton's three full-time employees get about forty-five, which frankly is terrible, but we seem to find a way to afford lunch.
Harbor Freight Tools
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJune 26, 2016
Sales floor work such as customer service, price coordinating, stocking shelves and cashiering. I learned how to price coordinate and cashier. Management was a unstable. Co-workers were enjoyable and a plus about the job. The job was fairly easy and not very difficult. The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers and being able to help customers.
Pros
Co-workers, customer service.
Cons
Fast paced work makes the day go by
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJune 21, 2016
however, while the work is rewarding and the team members are usually good to work with, the management of HFT needs some serious recalibrating. They are far to focused on HOW things get done and not IF they get done. The Great Lakes District Manager is so worried about the way his stores look that they suffer in the performance category because his store managers are so worried about making it look good. Otherwise its an all right place to work, it just needs a tune up.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Neurotic Management
Not Ideal Warehouse
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 16, 2016
Slave work for terrible pay. I have never worked in a warehouse that pays less money than McDonald's.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Poor pay
could be great
Outbound Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dillon, SCJune 16, 2016
The company as a whole is growing at a very fast rate. They need to build another DC within the network.
Petty children!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJune 14, 2016
Never in my life have I seen such juvenile behavior from grown adults! Tag teams trying to get people fired, management overlooking drug use on the job. I am honestly glad it's under new management!
fun
Slapper (Former Employee) –  Dillon, SCJune 13, 2016
the job had good people that is willing to help you at all times I the only thing you don't know when you get off hard work but is a job
Pros
great
Cons
great
amazing
Warehouse/Cashier (Former Employee) –  York, PAJune 11, 2016
The place was amazing, amazing management,co-workers,environment,work start time and end time, they worked with u if u needed time off. Everything was amazing in the store worked in
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Fun and motivating
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAJune 11, 2016
Typical day at work varies depending on your department and your skill set. Learning curve varies once again depending on department. The management always seem to be trying out different systems even when they have a working system in place, they'll either change back or move on to something completely different. Communication about these things isn't always clear and can lead to confusion on the dock area. Co-workers are pretty easy going and will always lend a hand should you need it. Hardest part of the job is at the end of the day when all of the product is getting processed and they're trying to rush you to get finished but they also say don't rush too fast because you've to still be safe.
Pros
Free lunch every 30days safe
Cons
Dangerous and unpredictable workplace at times
good coworkers, horrible boss's
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PAJune 9, 2016
The boss's will do anything to feel like they have power. They will not think twice about screaming at you or making you move 150 pound box or move by yourself.(even through that goes against company rules, no one should move more than 50 pound without getting help)
Good start
Warehouse/Assistant Pricing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSJune 9, 2016
Worked with them for 4 1/2 years, loved all of it. People are wonderful, and the work is hard and honest. Constantly moving, you will learn how to work the sales floor and how to satisfy many customers at the same time
Na
Assistant Cashier Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 6, 2016
Harbor Freight was my first management job and it is an experience i will never forget and it made me want to go back to school to receive my degree in business management.
great work environment
cashier (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 6, 2016
i didn't have much problems with working here. loved the work environment and most of the people i worked with only thing bad about this company is not alot of time for family and had an emergency gallbladder surgery and was unable to return for 6 weeks i got terminated for it.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
not compassionate or understanding
Call Center Operator (Former Employee) –  Dillon, SCJune 4, 2016
We work very hard at Harbor Freight with heavy inbound calls I learned how to handle any type situation that came along with the customer's management was great also if I had any problems they were there on the spot to help out and the co-workers were the best. I still have many friends from Harbor Freight.. The hardest part of the job was when I left the company. Most enjoyable part of the job would helping customer's from all over the united states and making sure the customer were satisfied.
Pros
Great friends
Cons
When I left the company
Lack of leadership in upper level administration.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 2, 2016
My experience with this company was eye opening, never worked for a company who does not put there employees training as a priority, does not surprise me on the high turnover rate.
Benefits
Cons
No direction
Great company to work for and also to gain experience
General Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAJune 1, 2016
Good company could improve on the pay, since they do have alot of work. But overall okay. The employees are great and the supervisors as well.
Decent workplace and enjoyable co-workers
Warehouse Asociate (Current Employee) –  Lomita, CAMay 31, 2016
- always staying busy
- warehouse organization, shipping and receiving shipments, proper customer service, and operate a forklift
- management is fair, easy to work with
-co-workers are fun and hardworking
- hardest part of the job is the overnight shifts
- enjoyable part of the job is interacting with co-workers and meeting new customers
overall good workplace
Equipment operator (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAMay 31, 2016
replenishing and putting away pallets is a typical day

i learned to advance my equipment operating skills

management was not so good they spend to much of their time in the office and not on the work floor

co-workers were good people

hardest part of the job is when pallets fall and you have to get off your equipment to pick them up

most enjoyable part of the job is your on your equipment your whole shift
Pros
company town hall updates
Company is a joke.
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  SCMay 31, 2016
My store manager was a very nice guy, but the rest of the management? I've never seen a management team this bad, no people skills and oozing favoritism.

You're told that if you're a "top performer" that you'll get more hours. Well what is the criteria to be a top performer because I've asked and was given the run around. In the end you'll work yourself to the bone only to have your hours cut and when you ask for more hours they'll say "can't sales are low" then why are you hiring people?

There are good people here but the company is trash. Their process for offloading a truck is an example of how disorganized this company this.

2.8