Harbor Freight Tools USA, Inc.

Harbor Freight Tools USA, Inc. Employer Reviews

working for duane reade was one of my best experince everworking in retaiol
Cashier (Former Employee), Dickson City, PAMarch 8, 2014
i came in signed on to my register rung customers out packed the truck out on truck day my co workers there were easy going vey patient with me with training and wanting to know things
Assistant store manager (Former Employee), Greenville, SCMarch 8, 2014
Pros: tools
Cons: you get what you pay for with employees
The place is great the quality of employees is not. Took care of customers and got to work with every type of tool. Entry employees make 7.50 so you get low class employees who do not care about there job.
Fast pace and fun work enviorment
Cashier/warehouse (Former Employee), Brookfield, CTMarch 5, 2014
Most days its a steady pace of customers. I had multiple tasks that I had to get done before my shift was over. All my co-workers were very nice and I enjoyed working with them.
ok job
Sales/ Stock Associate (Former Employee), Saddle Brook, NJMarch 4, 2014
nice place to work at
they pay wasnt that good
not enough hours
Fun work place
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Flint, MIMarch 4, 2014
Pros: down to earth management
Cons: lack of communication with in management from time to time
Simple easy work
expectations made very clear
parking lot sales are fun to work management provides lunch for those events
hardest part of job at times is meeting ITC AND ESP expectations
Stressful Environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Madison Heights, MIMarch 3, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling
Cons: short breaks, cut in hours, not enough coverage at times
Was disappointed that after two and a half years of working for this company my hours were cut extremely and the employees were not treated fairly or appropriately. Many issues in management.
Enjoyable palce to work
Desk Clerk/ Call Center Agent (Former Employee), Camarillo, CAMarch 3, 2014
Took phone orders when I first started, then went to In box Order Clerk, where orders came in via fax or e-mail.
How different it is to process an order that is shipping out of state.
Management was always helpful.
Great people to work with.
Trying to explain why an order was not shipped due to credit issues.
An all around good place to work
Very outgoing. Spontanious.
Cashier (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 1, 2014
Pros: i enjoy interacting with people and seeing them happy.
Cons: the hours are really the only con, other than the part-time i love my job.
A typical day at job is about 9 hours. I pitch sales and help customers load their items/ vehicles. Inform them of upcoming events, and sales. I help them find what they are in need for and make sure that they found what they had came for if not inform them when the item(s) they need may be available for purchase. I have learned to respect people, you – more... never know what they are going through or have been through. – less
pure hell
Packer (Former Employee), Dillon, SCMarch 1, 2014
Cons: short breaks, hard work
got layed off before christmas, I never want to work for another temp agency, co-workers where very nice people
Sales Cashier
Sales Cashier (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 24, 2014
• Provide excellent customer services; maintained a clean and safe work environment, handle all financial transactions, energetically sold warranties and memberships
Good and comfortable environment, bonding with co-workers, hard work
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: great people, get a good workout, work independently and as a team
Cons: hours are scarce
A typical day at Harbor Freight Tools is exhausting and rewarding at the same time. Working overnight, I have had to acquire a complete opposite sleep schedule, which wasn't to difficult for me in the first place. I've become fairly close with a large sum of my co-workers, and I've obtained some great friendships. The management has been a little all – more... over the place since some have left and new ones have come in, but I have not yet felt like I was not being treated fairly. The hardest part of my job would have to be the hard labor that goes into it. I'm working non-stop to help get up to a 40,000 lb truck unloaded and out to the store while being in its particular place. I also work on the register from time to time, which is fairly easy for me since I've obtained so much experience in retail and customer service. The most enjoyable part of my job has to be the people around me and the great work out I get from all the labor. It doesn't matter what type of work environment you're in; as long as you get along with those you work with is what makes it enjoyable. – less
Busy and energetic.
Cashier (Current Employee), Spring Hill, FLFebruary 24, 2014
Help customers locate products and process transaction checks, cash and credit cards.
How to sell extended service plans.
Flexible and helpful.
Good people.
When lines are long and customers lose their patience.
When customers are friendly and smiling.
Family-like crew, shares great meals and has great cooperation
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), North Olmsted, OHFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: often free food or catered events
Cons: large range of tasks with low-side of minimum wage pay
A typical day is moderate to high energy, you do a lot of multitasking with you co-workers for assistance with purchases from the warehouse, carry-outs with large items and customer related questions.The job is not hard, but if there were a hard part, it would be multitasking on a busy day for an 8 hour shift.
I enjoy selling the replacement plans on – more... the tools that offer it, because it gives you extra income on your paychecks. – less
good place to work for retail
Head Cashier , Key carrier (Current Employee), Braintree , ma 02184February 21, 2014
Pros: opportunity for commission
Cons: fast paste, task driven
Good hours. Fully flexable to work with my scedule. Meet many different people. Will learn more from some employes who are contractors.
Great co-workers!
Cashier (Former Employee), Gastonia, NCFebruary 20, 2014
I enjoyed working at Harbor Freight. My co-workers made the day go by so much faster and the customers were a joy.
Better than a sharp stick in the eye... Not really.
Warehouse (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: lot's of free time due to hour cuts.
Cons: pretty much everything.
Slave labor is the first thing that comes to mind. The overnight warehouse crew does not get a differential and are paid pennies more than minimum wage. Hours are consistently cut. Management has also felt the need to reduce everyone to 5 hour shifts so they no longer have to give employees a lunch. The work load increases and they expect a LOT of work – more... for minimum wage. When you do not perform up to their expectations, the district manager will come in and make management write up every employee for their 'infractions'... which I use the term loosely since most people will get written up for asinine things just so the manager can establish dominance over the employee. And all the while they will use it under the guise of 'motivation.' It's sickening.

Management will consistently leave write-ups and personal information in plain view so anyone can see it. Management will also berate and belittle employees in front of customers and other employees. I guess it's just a complete lack of professionalism in the whole business hierarchy.

Not to mention the safety hazards! I've never seen such a blatant disregard for employee safety. To the way the warehouse bays are packed and stacked to the leaking propane tanks on forklifts. It's really OSHA's worst nightmare, and I don't know how they keep from getting fined and shut down. I'd imagine Harbor Freight Tools' legal team is a lot better than the quality of their made in China American flags.

If you can avoid it, stay far far away from this company. – less
very unprofessional
Warehouse/Data entrée (Former Employee), RochesterFebruary 17, 2014
very unprofessional with poor communication lack of respect that one has for there employees the job for fairly easy management sucks
Somewhat productive
Cashier/Sales Associate/Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCFebruary 15, 2014
Typical work day is very early in the morning but something you can adjust to, I learned to properly stock and back stock the store. Co-workers generally lookout for themselves except when dealing unloading the truck and stocking. Management is terrible all the managers are disrespectful and nasty to their workers and even sometimes to customers. There – more... wasn't a lot that was enjoyable to the job. – less
It's a great place to work with a great core group.
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee), Broken Arrow, OKFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: great management
Cons: compensation benefits are bad
It's a catch twenty-two, there are good people to work with and management is great, but what makes it hard is the others to step up and do their part because they just don't compensate their employees well enough.
Productive and busy workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIFebruary 13, 2014
A typical day at work included helping customers to find what they needed and explain how the product would work for their needs. Handle cash transactions quickly and efficiently. I enjoyed my co-workers. Most of them were great people to work with.
I think the hardest part of the job was trying to get customers to sign up for memberships or selling – more... extended service plans on specific items. You get a handful of no's before you get a yes. – less

About Harbor Freight Tools USA, Inc.

In 1977, Harbor Freight Tools had a mission to make it easier for working people to get the best value possible on top-quality – Read more

Harbor Freight Tools USA, Inc. Photos