Harbor Freight Tools USA, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 1,635 reviews matching the search
I liked it
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIAugust 17, 2017
I enjoyed working there with Dave and Pops. We had a good crew when we worked there. THe only thing that was not fun was the pay. But I recomend working there.
Pros
Dave and Pops
Cons
The pay
September 11, 2017

Glad you had a good crew in Wausau, WI! Harbor Freight Tools is committed to continuous improvement, which your feedback is going to help us continue to do.Thank you for your time at Harbor Freight and best of luck on your career journey!

Employees worked well with each other.
Assisant Pricing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIAugust 16, 2017
Learned quite a bit about tools. Daily price adjustments and showcase building, and maintaining. Running the register, and stocking supplies, also was required on a daily basis.
September 11, 2017

Glad you learned a lot while with Harbor Freight Tools! Harbor Freight Tools works continuously to improve and deliver excellence at every level of employment, and that includes training and getting ready for the next step in your career. Thanks so much for your hard work, and good luck with your future jobs!

Dis engaged management staff from store team leader.
Training Store Manager - Norfolk location (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 15, 2017
A typical day was usually working the closing shift waiting on customers and delivering advice for store associates on selling techniques. I learned working their that it all starts with the store manager on delivering and setting the example in the store. The management staff was not aligned because there was no expectations set out by the store manager. The culture in the store was not the best, it seemed like everyone was for themselves. The hardest part of the job was trying to move to the next level with no support from the store manager. Most enjoyable part was working with new products in the tool industry.
Pros
Employee discount/ close to home location
Cons
Assistant manager were hourly
September 11, 2017

Thanks so much for your feedback and for being a part of our team in Norfolk, VA. We want to ensure that all our associates are having a positive experience with management and continue to provide value to the hardworking. Best of luck on your career journey moving forward!

Na
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILAugust 15, 2017
I was in school when I worked there and they never let me off on time for class. They knew I needed something around my school schedule. Never enough cashiers on schedule. Lines too long with just me there while managers ignored the calls for help with customers. Bad management.
Pros
Good customers
Cons
Not enough hours
September 11, 2017

Over the past few years we have made some big changes to the way we operate and your feedback will help us continue to improve. We care about providing a great place for our employees to work so they can deliver great service and value to our hardworking customers who depend on our products. We wish you the best on your career journey!

Don't work here
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIAugust 15, 2017
Management is terrible, you don't want to work here. You get paid really terrible. They don't really show you what to do and the people that work there aren't so good neither
September 11, 2017

We care about providing a great place for our employees to work so they can deliver great service and value to our hardworking customers who depend on our products. We're also committed to continuous improvement, which your feedback is going to help us continue to do. Thank you for your time at Harbor Freight and best of luck on your career journey!

retail
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hempstead, NYAugust 15, 2017
must love hard work and be able to do it all stock shelf unlord a truck cashier help out when ask were something is they love all the worker and help you
September 11, 2017

We are committed to constant improvement and making sure that our associates are happy and learning so we appreciate your feedback. We wish you all the best on your career journey!

Productive an fun work place!
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLAugust 15, 2017
Great company to work for. There are so many opportunities with this company! There is something new to learn everyday! The managers an employees are amazing an willing to do whatever it is to help you.
Pros
Commission
September 11, 2017

Thanks so much for writing a review. We agree that our associates and managers work hard to bring value to the hardworking, and encourage a supportive, respectful workplace. Thanks to you and the team, we’ll see you in the stores!

Great place to work until they reduce your hours.
Logistics Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bradley, ILAugust 14, 2017
Harbor Freight Tools is a great place to work and gain new skills, if you work hard and pull your weight showing improvement they will work with you. The only issues I have had so far working with Harbor Freight, is simply not getting enough hours. I love each and every co worker I've gotten to know even the higher ups are kind and have learning and customer service as a top priority, that is how you know you are part of a great company. I love helping Customers and my fellow team members. Harbor Freight also prides itself in being safe, doing the right thing, and of course having quality tools at the lowest prices. I take pride in working here, and would highly recommend it for a first job.
Pros
great wage, friendly co workers, works with you, great experience, and being crossed trained
Cons
unstable hours
September 11, 2017

Thanks so much for your feedback and for being a part of the Harbor Freight Tools family! We agree that Harbor Freight is a great place to work and shop, and thank you and the whole team in Bradley, IL for continuing to bring great value to the hardworking. Look forward to seeing you in the stores!

laid back workplace
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Dillon, SCAugust 14, 2017
Harbor freight is a nice place to work. They give you a lot of opportunity to advance your skills. They will even help you learn new skills if you are willing to learn.
Pros
fair paid job
Cons
n/a
September 11, 2017

Thanks so much for your feedback and for being a part of the Harbor Freight Tools family! We agree that Harbor Freight is a great place to work and shop, and are happy that you also benefited from our training to enhance your career opportunities. We wish you the very best in your future job goals!

Productive, fun work place
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 14, 2017
Harbor freight does a good job of training employees and is a good company to work for. They were short on staff and i would be called in to work. Easy to get hours
September 11, 2017

Thanks so much for your feedback and for being a part of the Harbor Freight Tools family in Birmingham, AL! Best of luck on your career journey.

Overwhelming
Cashier/Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Dillon, SCAugust 14, 2017
It pays the bills, I am looking for just a little more. The positions you are hired for depending on the rank, you may or may not be active in that position.
September 11, 2017

Harbor Freight Tools is committed to continuous improvement, which your feedback is going to help us continue to do. We appreciate your hard work and all you and the team do to make Harbor Freight a great place to work and shop. We hope you'll continue to grow with us and the team in Dillon, SC. See you in the stores!

Retail logistics Associate (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 13, 2017
Great place to work. Everyone has their own way of getting the job done. Everyone there are like family there and if you need help with anything you just need to ask.
Pros
Great work enviornment
Cons
Getting the blunt of the teasing
September 11, 2017

Thank you so much for your review! We're glad to hear that you and the team in Tucson, AZ are doing well, and thank you for continuing to bring value to the hardworking. Looking forward to seeing you in the stores!

Decent job bad management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLAugust 13, 2017
I can't complain much about the work at Harbor Freight, slow paced but there were things you could keep yourself busy with. The management however, I have quite a lot to complain about. They were impersonal, Short tempered, played favorites and picked on everyone else. Long story short its a okay temporary job but only if you're desperate
Pros
part time pto
Cons
everything else
September 11, 2017

We care about providing a great place for our associates to work so they can deliver great service and value to our hardworking customers who depend on our products. Your feedback is valuable for us, so we can continue to improve and deliver excellence at every level of employment, including management. Good luck on the rest of your career journey!

Fast paced, part-time.
Logistics Associate (Former Employee) –  Clovis, NMAugust 12, 2017
It was a fun job, but there are not nearly enough full-time positions offered. The manager was awesome, the supervisors were alright. A good job if you enjoy stocking and organizing.
Pros
Organized
Cons
Part-time
August 14, 2017

Thanks so much for being a part of the Harbor Freight Family and for your feedback! We're committed to building great teams of people for every level of employment, and appreciate your comments. Best of luck in your career!

Fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Centereach, NYAugust 12, 2017
Responsible for day to day operations, including registers if needed. A typical day consisted of emails, monitoring front end, check store for cleanliness, scan for out-of stock merchandise/orders, receiving trucks, etc.
August 14, 2017

Thanks for your feedback and breakdown of what a day is like in this position for Harbor Freight. We believe in sweating the details and staying focused to provide great value to the hardworking. We wish you the best in your future career goals!

Poor Management
Associate Sales (Current Employee) –  MichiganAugust 12, 2017
Company doesn't follow their own policies. Associates are treated poorly unless you know how to kiss supervisors butts. No room for advancement. Trucks at 5 am. Supposed to recycle cardboard to help environment but every truck day they are putting cardboard in the trash. Management shows favoritism to certain associates.
Cons
hours, schedule, truck at 5 am
August 14, 2017

Harbor Freight Tools is committed to continuous improvement, which your feedback is going to help us continue to do. We appreciate your hard work and all you and the team do to make Harbor Freight a great place to work and shop. Please know that your store manager and district manager are open to your feedback and would appreciate you sharing you concerns. Keep up the great work and we will see you in the stores.

Harbor Freight Tools
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 11, 2017
Manage the maintenance, preparation and routing of purchase orders. Prepare accurate bills of lading. Satisfy air bills in a timely manner. Communicate with van lines and airlines to ensure prompt pick-up and delivery of shipments. Arrange same-day deliveries whenever possible. Review purchase orders and shipment contents prior to releasing them from our facility. Track and analyze mis-shipments to ensure they don't occur again. Respond to customer inquiries and refer clients to the appropriate channels
Pros
fast pace, co worker our great, flexible schedules
Cons
Hours sometimes
August 12, 2017

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback. We appreciate your hard work and dedication to helping Harbor Freight Tools deliver value to the hardworking.

Drama
Customer Service Cashier (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 10, 2017
A lot of drama and some people are fun to be around and work with .....management is all over the place, no one is on one accord...older customers and construction and any type of maintinece is your customer base
August 12, 2017

As you know we are committed to constantly improving our processes and appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and we will make sure to share it with the appropriate team members. We appreciate your hard work and dedication to helping Harbor Freight Tools deliver value to the hardworking.

Bad Experience... Sorry!
Import (Document Clerk) (Former Employee) –  Calabasas, CAAugust 9, 2017
You meet wonderful people to work for and the environment is quiet and fast pace. Sorry.... I had bad experience at this company.
Definitely looking forward to find another job where I can use my
background and experience.

Comment – August 12, 2017

We agree that we have wonderful associates in our offices. Harbor Freight Tools is growing so it continues to be a fast paced environment. We appreciate your feed back and wish you the best in your next job!

Fun & friendly work environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIAugust 9, 2017
A typical work day consists of helping all of the customers & employees, cashiering, stocking the floor, & help bring the items out to customers cars & load them.
Pros
Lunches & Breaks, Nice co workers.
Cons
Hard to get a full time postion.
August 12, 2017

We LOVE our associates and think we have the best in the industry! Thank you and the team in Saginaw, MI for all you do to help make Harbor Freight Tools a Great Place to Work. As you know we are committed to continuous improvement and your feedback will only help us get better, so thanks for sharing. All the best and we will see you in the stores.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harbor Freight Tools USA, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9