Harbor Frieght Tools Employee Reviews

it's a retail job
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Christiansburg, vaDecember 19, 2017
co-workers are nice, management a hit or miss. most of the time they just walk around pretending to work or acting like a guard. also stress on getting metrics is absurdly high.

that commission bonus for itc/esp sales they say is a benefit is bull as selling them is MANDATORY, as if the store doesn't meet expectations the store entirely may get demmerited. most possibly in year raises being small to nill.
Pros
free lunch on parking lot week ends, paid holiday off on thanksgiving and christmas
Cons
low hours, yet still asking for more employees!
harbor freight
Sales associate/cashier (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 27, 2017
great working place , friendly, commission and hours are flexible and agrees with school schedules and awesome paid time off. great people to wrk with
Pros
paid time off flexible schedules
Cons
commission
harbor freight
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lomita, CANovember 6, 2017
management show favoritism and lack experience. disrespectful and rude toward customers. very few management employees uphold the core harbor freight values at the lomita location.
Not good for primary job, ok for second job
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXOctober 14, 2017
The local management team is wonderful, but corporate runs us on a skeleton crew despite meeting all of our requirements. It is required to get sales of the coupon book and to have sales for the extended warranty. I get an average of 10 hours per week. That being said the crew we work with does quite well.
No happy
filling, runner, caller, stocking customer service (Former Employee) –  West Allis, WISeptember 17, 2017
Working at harbor frieght was not a good position for me, I was placed in the warehouse where the boxes were way too heavy for a female. I only got paid a little over minimum wage., And their were not any room for advancement.
It was a fun place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEAugust 28, 2017
A typical day at work was when there was a parking lot sales event and not enough employees to cover. I learned how to do the cycle count for the store and how to work the warehouse. Over all the management team was awesome and also there to help you learn and grow in the company.
Very friendly staff
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJune 13, 2017
The staff and management are easy going and friendly. I had a great interview with the manager on duty and they are willing to work with my schedule.
Unprofessional
Assistant Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJJune 1, 2017
When I worked for Harbor Freight Tools in Clifton it wasn't very safe. They didn't have security or cameras so thieves would run in and out of the store. When they did eventually get cameras it wasn't for the thieves they were for the staff instead.
Good Company to work for but rough on middle management
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Park, FLApril 20, 2017
Hours and shift changes sometimes in mid shift. Oversee the front end and help customers both on and off the register. When customer traffic is done you are filling shelves and cleaning
Nice place to work
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Dillon, SCApril 10, 2017
Harbor Freight is a nice place to Work. They have good work hours and very good benefits as an employee.. Numerous opportunities to higher your self in job positioning..

Want to know more about Harbor Frieght Tools?

Ask a question
Tools
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXMarch 6, 2017
Its a great job for someone who is still in school looking for a job. The only hard part about the job is getting customers to buy the Inside Track Club.
Pros
Dont have to do much
Cons
Staying in one place all shift
Great store with great benefits. Also commission pay opportunities! !!
Retail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 18, 2016
This company is a great company. As the one first in ny. It has a lot of useful tools and equipment. They also gave opportunity for growth. Love the commission kept me highly motivated.
Pros
Commission opportunity
Cons
Part time
fun job, always something to do
Assistant Sore Manager / Merchandise Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boaz, ALFebruary 11, 2016
Corporate management needs a back bone, there is no clear direction, you are asked to do things exactly like SOP, then next week they tell you its wrong and write you up, then you fix things, and the next week they change there mind again, the communication between senior management and store management is terrible.
Pros
great team, attainable sales goals, free lunches during sales events
Cons
Upper management, terrible coaching
Work with nice people we all work together to get the job done.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Camarillo, CAMarch 11, 2015
Work with good people but heavy work load for all need to get more cashiers and stockers to keep the store in stock for the customers. When we are out of stock we lose sales.
Pros
work inside
Cons
Short staff
very productive fun place to work
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 9, 2015
very fun place to work learn a lot about tools managing I also learn a lot about my self I was there four year just not enough to make a living
productive you learn a lot about tools working there but not too exciting
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  North Bergen, NJOctober 1, 2014
my job we are low on workers and all of our co-workers try our hardest but if we do a mistake we get yelled that like missing one item or forgetting something and i don't like that kind of environment we are humans we are trying our best and we are low on workers as well and to be pushed around doing all we can with short staff is not right but the best part about working there is a couple of managers who makes the day really good and makes us laugh all of my co workers are friendly as well and that's what i like about this place.
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
productive
Sales Associate/ Travel Team (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CASeptember 21, 2014
mildly busy
tools
first manager was good second one not so good
very helpful
truck day
helping customers
i love the job
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHJuly 1, 2014
I love the job but only one thing that hurt was when I was hired I was hired because I had open availability and I was only working 10 hrs every two weeks
Pros
love the job
Cons
lack of hours
Unproffesional work enviroment
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLMay 16, 2014
management makes it a difficult work environment. impossible to call out when sick. impossible to separate work and personal life
Cons
short breaks, horrible atmosphere
Fun place to work, friendly co-workers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 30, 2014
Great environment to work in, everyone is very nice and friendly. Great way to meet new people and network while working on the register. Getting to learn more about tools is always a good thing to know. Hardest part and most stressful is trying achieve unrealistic goals set by management.
Pros
Flexible schedule, easy going staff
Cons
No room for advancing within company, no benefits