Harbor Healthcare System Employee Reviews

Horrible horrible horrible
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 7, 2017
Horrible management, manager has no experience at what she's doing, manager is passive aggressive, manager refuses to help, company trying to defraud Medicare and lying to medical director. Trying to send nurses out of service areas to see patients, lying on paperwork. Hiding charts from state assessors. Need I go on. Do NOT Work here. You'll regret it.
Pros
Cons
Manager is rude. Manager thinks she owns company.
An ok workplace
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 29, 2017
my overall experience was not bad i enjoyed the work enviroment
and its was a life changing experience
everyone is usually not that fair but overrall ok
Nice place to work
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 3, 2017
This is a great place to work. Everyone are team players and making sure that their patients come first is their main focus. They're a awesome company to work for.
Great Company
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 2, 2017
Harbor believes in investing in their staff and provides employees with leadership and professional development opportunities to enhance their knowledge and career satisfaction
Pros
Pto, Benefits
Great Company
LVN (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 17, 2017
I LOVE working for Harbor Healthcare System. I truly enjoy coming to work each day, my co-workers are like my family. Management is very organized and clear in what they expect from you. This is a newer company that is doing everything right to expand and become established. I enjoy working with patients everyday, and I provided with the tools I need to succeed.
Pros
Great pay, great benefits
Cons
Large workload, overwhelming at times
Do your research before you accept the position.....
Corporate Office (Former Employee) –  Harbor Healthcare Systems, Beaumont, TexasFebruary 21, 2017
My job by all means was not hard. The current software and process of doing things are outdated. Something that should only take two steps to process takes you at least 10 steps. The work space was very crowded. The person in charge of training was controlling and rude numerous times.
If you want a good team working for you in your department, you must become a good team leader, if not you will always be searching for new employees. A little kindness goes a long way and makes a better work environment.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Crowded work space, Lack of professionalism, Controlling environment.
Good team work
Office Administration Manager (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJanuary 17, 2017
Very busy, good organizational skills are a must in this particular position. Very good group to work with. Everyone gets along and there is an open-door policy!
Pros
Hour lunches, comfortable atmosphere
Cons
Vacation accumulation is very slow. Pay inadequate for the amount of work
Nothing is perfext but with team work we will make it better.
Chaplaincy (Former Employee) –  Any place close to meOctober 24, 2016
Good review.I will Work in cooperation with other staff to make sure that the aims are acbieved, that is see all we can do to help the patients and their families to remedy their sufferings,Do all we can to cooperate with them and make them happy.
I like the emoloyees.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXOctober 19, 2016
The company is all about money and not about patient care. Don't like that they are always changing the direction of the company
Pros
They pay very well
Good company
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXSeptember 22, 2016
Harbor Healthcare is a good company to work for. Very fast paced which I enjoyed because I like to stay busy. I learned about what hospice care actually does and that it is not a "death sentence" as most people assume.
Pros
Coworkers provide a pleasant atmosphere
If you feed on mess and pettiness, this is the ideal job for you!
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bmt,TxSeptember 20, 2016
First off, someone previous review stated Black Friday off ! Yeah right, thts a LIE....Sounds like ADON PM wrote tht deceiving review...No pay increase, owner so cheap when it comes to his staff,he'll rather purchase i Bentleys and private jets before he take care his staff.Company took away shift differential for working 12 hr..nights with no shift diff..or overtime who does tht. Then Administator call you in to inform you no more night shift diff and thts across the board with all medical facilities.Not true.Monthly meetings over same stuff , but nothing gets resolved..very high turn over rate..Desperate company , no appreciation for your hard work, but quick to call you in for a write up behind "hear say" mess..this place is very unprofessional. And free scrubs are because harbor logo on them. Which is provided by company.and must be worn ..who want Harbor logo scrubs after they quit this place ! Really. .Felt so unappreciated and overworked..always short staff..from nurses to housekeeping , kitchen, laundry staff. RUN....RUN...it appears all facilities are under staffed ! Baytown, Jasper, Houston....
Pros
Being off 3 days in a row, caring for ill patients, interacting with families.
Cons
Administrative staff & ADON all are deceiving
Stay away!
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 9, 2016
Harbor is a terrible place to work, I left an organized hospice company to come here and that was the worse thing I did. It is very unorganized. The manger/ supervisor ( Erron) or whatever she is underqualified for her position and is immature! I was there for 2 months and left. Everyone that I worked with there had been there for less than 6 months, I mean everyone! That's how high their turnover rate is. They hire you for one job and you will find yourself doing 3 other jobs with no increase in pay or compensation. If your schedule is 9-5 they will call you at 4:55 and expect you to go admit a patient no matter what and it could be an hour drive from where you live. And the admission process can take a few hours. Just be warned about this place because I didn't look at the reviews or talk to someone before I started and wasted 2 months here.
Pros
The pay, nice co-workers
Cons
Bad management, want them to be #1 in your life
Best job
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LASeptember 6, 2016
One of my best job so far. until the building closed and i was laid off. i was told i was going to get paid NO MATTER WHAT verbatim according to my supervisor. They took hours from me. Reduced my hours.. No cmmuincation.They tried to fire me twice when the building closed, even accused me of violating the HIPPA law. The supervisor text all day. No confortation. I would def. Go back to harbor hospice when its under new management.NO OPEN DOOR POLICY. performing duties was the best part. Families are so grateful and my coworkers were like angels! I became more calm and focused here. Great benefits and PTO. Blessings
Pros
Pto
Cons
Supervisor txt all day
Poor Management
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXAugust 5, 2016
Poor management, expensive benefits, understaffed... my work experience with this company was not good and I am glad to be gone.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Expensive Healthcare Benefits, Short Staffed
Do not work for harbor hospice
Scribe (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 15, 2016
This company and the management are FRAUDS!
Terrible management, no advancement, they lie about everythingThey pile work on you and DO NOT compensate you for it. DO NOT WORK HERE!
Cons
Terrible management
Great place to work.
Nursing (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJuly 2, 2016
I heard many great things from families who had used Harbor services. Families from my church had used Harbor and I was able to see the care they gave before going to work at Harbor. I saw the compassion and love they gave and knew I wanted to be part of it!
I enjoy the mission of Harbor and the focus on patient care. The administrative team is supportive and will listen to your input/suggestions. Open door policy!
Pros
Training, easy to request time off, teamwork, supportive office staff to help.
Get ready for advancement.
Harbor Hospice (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJune 30, 2016
I love that Harbor rewards me for being hard working, dependable, and loyal. They offer great benefits, pay for your scrubs, and I've never had an issue when needing to take off. I earn time off for every hour I work and since some employees like to not show up for work, there is plenty of overtime that can be picked up. You get all the major holidays and they also give us Black Friday off. I like working for a company who puts their patients care above everything else. I see the management team and employees go above and beyond for patients. I feel like I'm the best therefore I like working for the best.
Pros
Scrubs are paid for. Great benefits. Plenty of OT if wanted.
Cons
No team work, you have to train yourself
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rather not sayJune 20, 2016
Pay is low for what you have to do. If someone doesn't do their job, they just "add it" to yours instead of making them responsible. You get in trouble for not doing work you weren't even trained to do. Lot of issues with paperwork not completed by others but that comes back to you as well. Loved the work but not the work environment and no support from corporate.
Pros
Had a great team at one time
Cons
Don't get a lunch but still have to clock out and not get paid even though you're working, company is unethical
Friendly, Competent, and Responsible
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 12, 2016
I enjoy working with Company more than any others. There have been more work than you can bare but still manage to accomplish all that is required, simply because of the atmosphere, teamwork and attitudes that help you get through the day. I enjoy working with my co-workers. They listen to me fuss. The hardest part of my job is when we don't have enough help. The most enjoyable part of my job is when i'm done with my work and ready to go home
Pros
Friendly Atmosphere, Teamwork
Cons
Communicating with Management
Not a pleasant place to work
Home Sleep Study Tech/MA/Marketing (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXAugust 23, 2015
Management is very poor and inexperienced. Company does not care about employees. Company doesn't supply adequate supplies needed for your job description. Company does not respect employees and their privacy.
Pros
No copay for severices if you are an employee
Cons
Continously worried if you have a job