Harbor Hospital

Harbor Hospital Employee Reviews

RN
Telemetry RN/Charge Nurse (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 9, 2015
It was a good place to work at- nice co-workers, small patient population, nice view- since its by the harbor, but there's no room for professional growth. Management is stingy.
Mostly a great place to work
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee), Baltimore, MarylandMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Free parking, an hour for lunch, up to 8 weeks paid vacation, 6 holidays and 3 personal days per calendar year, location, view of harbor.
Cons: Staffing
The day begins with assigning therapist inpatients and preparing for outpatient services. Verify and obtain insurance authorization. Register incoming patients. Answer incoming calls. Distribute mail. Complete patient referrals to department. Type memos, letters and minutes of meetings. Take calls regarding patient care. Edit and adjust payroll as needed. Schedule patients for follow up appointments. File patient charts. Enter patient charges, enter therapists productivity and enter patients attending the Joint Replacement Education Class. Maintain office and medical supplies for the department.
Very good advancement opportunities.
Medical Coder (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 4, 2015
Code and abstract medical records using a computer system. Small department in the basement of the building. Not a very friendly office environment at that time.
My Externship
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: decent lunch break, friendly staff, great physicians
I loved it! Very consistent, I always had a job to do and I felt needed as an employee.
GREAT TEAM WORK, HIGH RELIABILITY ORGANIZATION. RELAXED WORK ENVIRONMENT.
INTERNAL MEDICINE RESIDENCY (Current Employee), BALTIMORE, MARYLANDOctober 18, 2014
GREAT TEAM WORK, HIGH RELIABILITY ORGANIZATION. RELAXED WORK ENVIRONMENT
Productive Workforce
Ward Clerk/Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee), Orange, TexasAugust 9, 2014
Pros: great work environment.
Cons: busy more times than not.
I had the greatest co-workers ever, I learned the computer systems necessary to perform my duties without complications. Management staff was excellent.
Team work is the bench mark of a great hospital.
Renal Pulmonary, Bio - Hazard Unit (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 23, 2014
Pros: free parking, beautiful location
Cons: mandatory overtime when it snows.
Harbor Hospital is a busy rewarding place to work. Every day you learn something new. Management and your co-workers are always there for you. The hardest part of the job is the loss of life.The most enjoyable part of the job is being part of saving someone's life, helping someone manage their chronic disease flare ups or new symptoms. Harbor Hospital staff is friendly and helps each other from the environmental services to the physicians and management staff.
It is a proactive workplace and is a great place to be working.
Internship (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 23, 2014
Pros: very friendly atmosphere.
Cons: it was a long commute for me.
I worked as a Finance intern and was resposnsible for compilation of large data sheets.The coworkers were extremely friendly which was the best part of my job.
FUN PLACE TO WORK
Administrative Assistant to Nurse (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: free lunches etc
Cons: short brakes, education, etc
WORKING HARD TO MAKE SURE THAT EVERYTHING WENT WELL FOR THE SURGERY CASE.

MANAGEMENT ALWAYS WOULD COUNT ON STAFF TO MAKE SURE PATIENT, HAD LAB, X-RAY,PERMIT,ETC ON CHART FOR THE CASE.

THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB WAS, MAKING SURE THE CASE HAD EVERYTHING IN THR ROOM ON TIME,AND NO PROBLEMS' WITH THE CASE, PATIENT MADE IT TO RECOVERY IN A TIMELY MANNER IN A HEALTHY POSITION.

KNOWING THAT WE HAVE DONE A JOB WELL DONE FOR ALL CONCERN,THE PATIENT, FAMILY, ETC.
Would not recommend
Echocardiographer (Current Employee), BaltimoreFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: echo machine gets a portable worklist
Cons: lowest pay ; no advancement no break room no place to lock your valuables no appreciation .., .. list keeps going
After working for Medstar for over 7/8years and completing half of the process needed for accreditation and meeting every bar set and empty promise for advancement , they turn around and hire outside of Medstar.
They do NOT value or appreciate the years you put in , and overlook there employee to hire outside of company.
No room for advancement
Management does not listen to you and is too bothered to;has attitude when you call to ask for question.
Human resources is just the same and is not people friendly to employee does everything they can for the hospital forget the employee.
The management plays politics so if your not in the" click" your life is miserable while the incompetent get promoted.
It took 7 years to finally get a improvement for the echo techs which was a gel warmer which was like pulling teeth and even the other director from another department was going to eggy out of his budget, since ours keep saying he would but never did.
The echo director is also discriminate against females. Nothing is done for the echo techs never upgraded to improve tech work environment. Promised now 4 years to paint the lab which is a dark room in basement with no windows no educational posters for patient.
You are expected unrealistic workloads and arm fatigue is never addressed.
No break room
no refrigerator
No place to lock your things except under sink which technically joint commission says nothing should be there.
No technician appreciation
Expensive cafeteria
You are not paid accordingly to surrounding facility's this is lowest.
Great Opportunities
Lab Technician (Former Employee), BaltimoreJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: pay
This job is very flexible with you schedule. The coworkers are great.
fun and challenging place to work
Care Associate (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDNovember 14, 2013
Pros: i had every third weekend off
it was an exciting and challenging place for me to work i enjoyed my employment there
There are better places to work
RN (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 13, 2013
Pros: nice co-workers
Cons: no shared governance, staff concerns ignored
I worked as an RN at this hospital for almost 6 years. Absolutely no room for advancement. Management cares more about where staff wears their badge than they do patient care. Too many budget cuts affecting patient care. MUCH nicer hospitals with more support for nurses. Glad to be gone.
Enjoyed this job, learned alot about patient care during my tenor here
Patient Care Associate (PCA) (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 8, 2013
I was a tech here for 7 years full time and 2 years prn. Although it was hard work and sometimes back breaking work I enjoyed it very much. I love hands on patient care and it was here where I learned to perfect my skills of patient care.
cut hours
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), TXJuly 18, 2013
Pros: made friends, worked in a smaller hospital setting
Cons: cutting of hours
I enjoyed this joy as well, again made friends. I learned the different aspects of working in a hospital setting that was small. The management was fine, no problem we all worked together as co-workers. The hardest part was hours being cut and having to work split schedule.
No advancement opportunities
Care Associate (Former Employee), BaltimoreJuly 12, 2013
Cons: like being a gna
Techs do nothing like working in a big nursing home glad to leave
My first job
Emergency Room Nurse (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 22, 2013
Loved it. I learned a lot. Co-workers were supportive but with the tendency to dump patients to you.
great place to gain experience
Clinical Exercise Specialist (Current Employee), Beaumont, TXMarch 27, 2013
Worked in PT department exercising patients and assisting PT in certain tasks. Co workers are great.
productive
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDFebruary 19, 2013
A typical day at work for me was normal day to day function of a patient care tech, I learned a variety of skills from various nursing staff, my co workers was a joy to work with very team oriented the hardest part of the job was my schedule
A GREAT PLACE TO WORK.
Administrative SECT. (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: every one work together for the well fare of the patient
Cons: n/a
A GREAT WORK PLACE, VERY GOOD TEAM WORK, THE OPERATING OR DESK STAFF WAS THERE FOR ALL STAFF.