Health insurance, long and short term disability, retirement, group life
Overnight and evening hours
Harbor House is seeking an energetic candidate who enjoys working in the evening and overnight hours.
- Spend one on one time with survivors of domestic violence offering education, support and networking options with other survivors.
- Provide helpline coverage, information, and referrals to survivors.
- Take arrest calls, maintain arrest log and provide legal advocacy as needed.
Shelter Maintenance and Security
- Assist with shelter maintenance and upkeep.
- Maintain safety of shelter and its residents.
- Coordinate and process donations as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of issues that impact the choices of survivors and enhance their ability to make those choices in an environment of support
- Ability to work well with survivors and their children, handle crises appropriately and communicate effectively with others.
- Ability to relate to people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.
- Basic knowledge of computers and data entry proficiency is necessary.
Harbor House Domestic Abuse Programs is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Harbor House Domestic Abuse Programs will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Send resume and cover letter by February 13, 2013 to:
Harbor House Domestic Abuse Programs
720 W. 5th Street
Appleton, WI 54914