HARBOR LIGHT HOSPICE

HARBOR LIGHT HOSPICE Employee Reviews

Difficult to find volunteers
Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee), South Bend, INJune 8, 2015
Pros: Good work environment
Cons: Difficult loosing patients and difficult finding and keeping volunteers
Fun job and I was able to take my pet to work daily, however was difficult securing volunteers in accordance with the requirements.
Awesome Job
RN (Current Employee), Mishawaka, InMay 16, 2015
Pros: Pay, great benefits, great mgmt team
Cons: Lots of miles racked up on vehicle.
Great place to work. I work with the best team ever! Ask 95% of the people who work in this office, they will agree that we have a great team and an awesome mgmt team. We've had changes over the last year, changes that have made us better hospice nurses. Management has an open door policy for the staff and works very hard to make everyone as happy as possible.
great team
Case Manager / RN (Former Employee), ohioApril 26, 2015
Pros: great team and co workers
Cons: health coverage costs
Pulled in many directions through the course of the day, minimal to no support from management when a crisis comes up, often told to figure it out. Family health insurance is way to expensive, $600 a pay. Put a lot of miles on your car, work over most days.
Former Employee
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 21, 2015
Our office was the only office in the Missouri market. I believe Harbor Light Hospice purchased this office because of a good deal they received and did not take the time to familarize themselves with – more... the state laws and culture of the area. I worked there for several months, all the while being told we were doing a fantastic job. Our office was struggling with obtaining patients in the highly competitive St. Louis market. But as I stated earlier, we were constantly told how good of a job we were doing. February 27, 2015, employees were notified that the office had been sold and the new company only needed clinical staff. All non clinical staff no longer had a job after February 28, 2015. I understand the fact that Missouri is an at will state meaning this was all done legally. However, giving a person advance notice of 1 day is poor business management in my opinion. I would not recommend anyone to accept a position with this company. – less
Caring
Volunteer (Former Employee), Glen Ellyn, ILFebruary 10, 2015
Harbor Light Hospice is a really good place to work at. The management and staff are helpful. They take care of the employees and are always there to help.
Hospice Demanding
Administrative Asst. / Office Support (Former Employee), Ontario, OHJanuary 19, 2015
A typical day was very stressful due to dealing with the families of ill patients
Very caring
Certified Nurse's Assistant (Current Employee), Mishawaka, INDecember 3, 2014
I provided daily assistance to hospice patients admitted on to our service. I travel from place to place.
Excellent working experience
Hospice Aide (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 8, 2014
Very rewarding career. Great managment and wonderful coworkers.
Very productive office
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 13, 2014
Pros: friday dress down and bring your dog to work
Cons: i have nothing negative to say
Our team members gave exceptional care not only to the patients, but; the patients family members.
horrible management, staff morale is low, marketing team is a bunch of pansies
RN Case Manager (Former Employee), Crown Point, INJune 23, 2014
Cons: low morale, unstable environment, bad management
This company only cares about numbers. The executive director is worthless. Not only is she non approachable, she's cocky and weighs about 450 lbs. The company does not care for its employees. By far the worst company I have worked for. A lot of backstabbing, back talking and unprofessionalism.
Poor attitude, Poor org structure, poor employee assistance
RN (Former Employee), Decatur, ILMay 28, 2014
Pros: great pto
Cons: ask employees to falsify time
Poor organizational structure. Does not appear to be a knowledgable company in regards to hospice care.
Honored profession
Admissions Coordinator (Former Employee), Glen Ellyn, ILMarch 25, 2014
Averaged two admissions per day.
Increased knowledge and understanding of end of life issues, comfort care.
Increased knowledge of Dementia and other diseases and their declines
Core group of coworkers – more... and sense of team.
Some people have commented to me over the year about hospice must be a "hard" job. I have felt that everyone has their niche' and in this type of care would you want the one caring for your love one to "get" this stage of life.
Always felt it was an honor to walk and work with these patients and families – less
Easy going people to work with...
Hospice Nurse (Former Employee), Forsyth, ILMarch 21, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: paperwork done on own time
Overall a great place to work. Can be stressful sat times, as it is in most jobs.
Overall it was a very positive happy work environment
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee), Merrillville, INDecember 9, 2013
Pros: outstanding people that i worked with, the fulfilling feeling of being of service to those in need
Cons: the loss of the patients
I was receptionist and administrative assistant in charge of ordering office supplies, filing medical records in patient files, distributing mail, I assisted in helping the marketing coordinator make marketing – more... packets, tracking donations, sending out weekly letters to families in need of support, and thank you letters to those who made donations.
I learned how to file patient records and how Hospice works for those in need.
My co-workers were excellent. It was a very cordial and supportive environment to work.
The hardest part was receiving the calls that the patients was in the process of passing from this life.
The most enjoyable part of this job was the fulfilling feeling of helping people who were in such need of comfort and compassion. It was a service that I would like to repeat. – less
It was a great company to work for
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Merrillville, INDecember 8, 2013
I enjoyed my time at this company because I was able to assist patients and families with the most difficult time in thier lives.
Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee), Glen Ellyn, ILMay 13, 2013
Pros: meeting wonderful people
Cons: on the go constantly; lots of mileage put on car
There is no typical day at work at Harbor Light Hospice. Each day can be something new to do.
Look up groups, clubs and schools for potential new volunteers; look online for dog clubs, groomers etc., to – more... find new therapy animals to visit hospice patients.
Co-workers were very supportive and helpful. Very friendly, as I encouraged each co-worker to give ideas to attract new volunteers.
The hardest part of this job is to retain volunteers. People come to give their time for many reasons, and sometimes do not have the time or energy to volunteer after interview and/or training.
The most enjoyable part of this job was to meet so many wonderful giving people. They came from all walks of life. Had many stories to tell from their own hospice experiences. – less
enjoyed this job a lot
RN Case Manager (Former Employee), highland htsApril 17, 2013
Pros: staff, management, location
Cons: low census, low pay
great place to work,enjoyed staff and mgmnt,as well as the facilities that I traveled to,all aspects of job were acceptable,however they were weak in marketing and census would vary/drop at times leaving little to do,hardest part was probably recerts,most enjoyable was spending quality time with patients.
I volunteered here.
Volunteer (Former Employee), Crown Point IndianaJanuary 28, 2013
I did office work for the people who worked there, as well as meet and talk with the patients in the hospice.
Hospice
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee), Glen Ellyn, ILSeptember 22, 2012
I met a lot of good friends at this company.nothing bad to say. I enjoyed working for this company.
Great coworkers
Medicaid Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Highland Hts, OHSeptember 13, 2012
Pros: awesome co workers
Cons: mangement was not trust worthy
Billed Medicaid claims out weekly, loved my coworkers. Great communications between team members. Awesome patient care.

HARBOR LIGHT HOSPICE Salaries