Harbor Medical Associates Employee Reviews

If you want to be treated like trash work in the norwell billing department
Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Norwell, MAOctober 20, 2017
I repeat don’t work for norwell billing office ... very negative environment . You will be treated like trash by management and lied on by management . Some of the workers and not nice
Pros
Cons
Bad staff. Poor management. Work violations
Various Doctors offices throughout Southshore MA
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Shore, MASeptember 21, 2017
Varied. Fulfilled various roles throughout the association, both clinical and administrative. Pembroke office was excellent in planning, management, and employee fairness. Other sites had various pros and cons. Lack of investment in current employees. New employees came in being paid more. College courses and training were sidelined if they interfered with scheduling. Doctors need ego checks as they continue to run 'integrated' offices as their own. Overall doctors behavior towards employees was sub-par. Development of company was hindered due to stock holders (doctors) monetary interests.
Not great
Patient Services Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Braintree, MAMay 2, 2017
They don't care about your personal life, children, etc. Its a lot of work but they pay does not compensate. Holidays come out of your benefit time. Management does not do anything to fix ongoing issues within the workplace.
Cons
Lunch is only 30 minutes
Awful place to work
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Weymouth, MAAugust 30, 2016
Do not apply for a job here I repeat do not apply! The management is awful and they treat you with disrespect. It's almost like I was back in high school again. The only good thing about working here was getting to know some of the patients.
Pros
Meeting patients
Cons
Everything else
Internship
Medical Billing Internship (Former Employee) –  Weymouth, MAMay 20, 2016
I didn't get paid since this was an internship. It was part of my billing and coding training program. It was only a month long, but I did enjoy working there
Pros
pleasant work enviroment
Cons
notne that I saw in my month long internship
I wish I could say something good
Subordinate (Former Employee) –  Weymouth, MAMay 4, 2016
I wish I could say something encouraging about Harbor Medical. Employees work hard including physicians and managers. Upper managers lie about everything. Resentment is obvious among all levels of management and this flows downhill. Managers have no time for anyone and either lie or ignore you. You will be punished if you make a comment or suggestion. You will be shouted at. It is very disorganized, there is no planning, goals or objectives and everyone is confused and scared.
Pros
Everyone works hard.
Cons
Everything you can imagine
Just terrible
Medical Biller III (Current Employee) –  Norwell, MAApril 29, 2016
Do not waste your time trying to get a job with this company. You will be under paid for the work you are expected to complete. The moral of the billing office is terrible and often times you will be stressed out and leave work upset.
Cons
Short breaks, poor management, unprofessional dress code
unorganized
Registered Nurse-Triage/Float (Current Employee) –  Weymouth, MAMarch 16, 2016
very unorganized and poorly managed. unsafe patient nurse ratio. nurse caseload is unmanageable. patients are unable to get quality care because of poor management
Terrible company to work for
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Weymouth, MADecember 31, 2015
I worked for HMA as a nurse and would not recommend a job there to anyone. The management is the worst. The managers for the main offices are people who did not even go to college. They dressed inappropriately and flirted with physicians in charge. Staff were ridiculed by management and driven to tears by the way they were treated. Multiple complaints were brought forward to HR and nothing was ever investigated. There was no respect for employees. You are overworked and under paid. There are some serious staffing issues and patient care was not safe. Very disorganized. I wish I had known this before working for the company. I continue to work in health care and understand the environment can be stressful but Harbor Medical crosses the line in so many ways including poor patient care and mistreatment of staff.
Pros
$25 gift card at Christmas
Cons
Low pay, No respect for employees
Great teaching and operational mult-specialty medical company
Medical Biller III (Former Employee) –  Norwell, MANovember 20, 2015
Groomed employees well, promoted from within, and compensated employees graciously with monetary and beneficial attributes.
Helpful teamwork
PHLEBOTOMIST (EXTERNSHIP) (Former Employee) –  South Weymouth, MANovember 11, 2015
This was where I did my Phlebotomist and Administrative Assistant Externship learned from school. the team there was great I actually aided lab technologist in many things which I think was cool because it brought me out of my regular daily duties there as a student.
Pros
great putlock
Cons
healtcare
Corp. driven, no employee focus
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Weymouth, MAOctober 19, 2015
Overworked and under-payed. Little concern for the individual employee, life balance, etc.

No quantitative goals. Claims customer focus however expects a volume of work to get done with significantly less staff than the tasks/patients require.
Pros
location
Cons
management
Pick a number.
Stetson Building (Current Employee) –  Weymouth, MAAugust 7, 2015
If you want to be treated like a number and not a person this is the company for you. You will be disrespected by upper management and HR will close their eyes to it. Maybe with all the changes this will no longer be the case when Partners is in 100%.

Awful starting pay scale that can be increased if and when you have your yearly review. This year they only increased people 2% if you are a 5 star employee or 1 star. Count on it being 3-6 months past your anniversary date. Your raise will be retro active and you'll have to wait a few checks after your review to see what your raise was its not given.

You walk into the building and you hear drama from all of the departments. I can guarantee it has more drama than the local high school.

I can no longer keep track of whose who in each department due to the high turn over rate. You learn someone's name and like magic they are gone. The worst departments seem to be Suite 400 Family Medicine / Cardiology, Phlebotomy and Coumadin Clinic.
Pros
Free ice cream once a year.
Cons
Management, Lack of communication, Pay
Horrible. Cheap. Company does not care or value any employees !
RN (Former Employee) –  Weymouth, MaAugust 7, 2015
Would NEVER NEVER recommend this company. They pay horrible , they could care less about you (your literally just a body , there upper management stick together despite the situation. I have seen in my 3 years while there many good nurses up and leave and some let go because the place is just so horrible. I was working there and 2 new nurses came in making more money than me , when I have given harbor medical 3 solid hardworking years. Also when I gave my 2 week notice. No cares at all. Nobody contacted me for an exit interview. Boone asked why. Nothing. Also I took care of the CEO of company's patients and still no respect. Please does not care care at all !
Pros
My patients
Cons
Everything else
Don't do it!
Biller (Current Employee) –  Norwell, MAJuly 28, 2015
Never provide any good feedback never what you do right everything is negative around the whole building. It seems like a prison one little break no 15 minutes if need to make personal call need to ask for permission. You go in everyday depressed being there and scared to ask management a question because they come back to you yelling. Everyone around the office looks miserable, my greatest accomplishment will be leaving Harbor.
Pros
Money is decent
Great People
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Norwell, MAJuly 8, 2015
Harbor Medical Associates is full of great people in the finance department who are genuinely sincere people. Family type connection with those in the department.
Terrible place to work!
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scituate, MAJune 24, 2015
I worked there for over 5 years and was back-stabbed by management and HR. When I first started we had an awesome office manager. Unfortunately, all things changed once the tyrant came in and was eager to eliminate all veteran employees as she quotes it "come with bad habits". I did learn quite a bit there and the nurse practitioners and physicians were amazing! I will miss the patients the most.
Pros
Excellent physicians and nurse practitioners
Cons
Management, short lunches, no support from human resources, CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP company
Habor Medical
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Weymouth,MAJanuary 6, 2015
I worked at Harbor Medical for 4 years before being laid off. I loved my job at Harbor. I had my regular patients come in and enjoy seeing their doctors and enjoyed seeing me and having my wonderful customer service. I was responsible for the whole reception part, check in, check out, referrals, prior auths, follow up appointments, collecting money, phones, faxing and filing. I loved my co-workers and manager. We were a great team and enjoyed working with each other. The hardest part of my job was it being a Cardiac Care Specialist group, you would see your patients one week and the following week you could get a call saying they passed on. When you get so close to your patients and then to hear they are gone it hits home but the family is always so grateful for the excellent care they got from our office.
The worst atmosphere!!!
Billing Rep (Former Employee) –  Norwell MaOctober 30, 2014
I've always been a worker. So for me to leave on my lunch break and not come back after 3 days of "training" it's got to be pretty bad!! I sat there and watched someone work. That was they're training. It was hectic and extremely unnerving. I looked around at everyone and they all looked so depressed and miserable!!! Very unpleasant and I knew I would not be sticking around. This was back in 2006 but from what I've been reading things haven't changed much. I went for lunch and didn't return. Not good I know, but I HAD TO GET OUT OF THERE! Not for me... Life is too short folks.
I loved it here
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  weymouth, MASeptember 28, 2014
I miss it! i wish I could go back! It was a great place to work. Staff was kind!