Harbor Medical Associates Employee Reviews

Great teaching and operational mult-specialty medical company
Medical Biller III (Former Employee) –  Norwell, MANovember 20, 2015
Groomed employees well, promoted from within, and compensated employees graciously with monetary and beneficial attributes.
Helpful teamwork
PHLEBOTOMIST (EXTERNSHIP) (Former Employee) –  South Weymouth, MANovember 11, 2015
This was where I did my Phlebotomist and Administrative Assistant Externship learned from school. the team there was great I actually aided lab technologist in many things which I think was cool because it brought me out of my regular daily duties there as a student.
Pros
great putlock
Cons
healtcare
Corp. driven, no employee focus
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Weymouth, MAOctober 19, 2015
Overworked and under-payed. Little concern for the individual employee, life balance, etc.

No quantitative goals. Claims customer focus however expects a volume of work to get done with significantly less staff than the tasks/patients require.
Pros
location
Cons
management
Pick a number.
Stetson Building (Current Employee) –  Weymouth, MAAugust 7, 2015
If you want to be treated like a number and not a person this is the company for you. You will be disrespected by upper management and HR will close their eyes to it. Maybe with all the changes this will no longer be the case when Partners is in 100%.

Awful starting pay scale that can be increased if and when you have your yearly review. This year they only increased people 2% if you are a 5 star employee or 1 star. Count on it being 3-6 months past your anniversary date. Your raise will be retro active and you'll have to wait a few checks after your review to see what your raise was its not given.

You walk into the building and you hear drama from all of the departments. I can guarantee it has more drama than the local high school.

I can no longer keep track of whose who in each department due to the high turn over rate. You learn someone's name and like magic they are gone. The worst departments seem to be Suite 400 Family Medicine / Cardiology, Phlebotomy and Coumadin Clinic.
Pros
Free ice cream once a year.
Cons
Management, Lack of communication, Pay
Horrible. Cheap. Company does not care or value any employees !
RN (Former Employee) –  Weymouth, MaAugust 7, 2015
Would NEVER NEVER recommend this company. They pay horrible , they could care less about you (your literally just a body , there upper management stick together despite the situation. I have seen in my 3 years while there many good nurses up and leave and some let go because the place is just so horrible. I was working there and 2 new nurses came in making more money than me , when I have given harbor medical 3 solid hardworking years. Also when I gave my 2 week notice. No cares at all. Nobody contacted me for an exit interview. Boone asked why. Nothing. Also I took care of the CEO of company's patients and still no respect. Please does not care care at all !
Pros
My patients
Cons
EVERYTHING ELSE
Don't do it!
Biller (Current Employee) –  Norwell, MAJuly 28, 2015
Never provide any good feedback never what you do right everything is negative around the whole building. It seems like a prison one little break no 15 minutes if need to make personal call need to ask for permission. You go in everyday depressed being there and scared to ask management a question because they come back to you yelling. Everyone around the office looks miserable, my greatest accomplishment will be leaving Harbor.
Pros
Money is decent
Great People
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Norwell, MAJuly 8, 2015
Harbor Medical Associates is full of great people in the finance department who are genuinely sincere people. Family type connection with those in the department.
Terrible place to work!
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scituate, MAJune 24, 2015
I worked there for over 5 years and was back-stabbed by management and HR. When I first started we had an awesome office manager. Unfortunately, all things changed once the tyrant came in and was eager to eliminate all veteran employees as she quotes it "come with bad habits". I did learn quite a bit there and the nurse practitioners and physicians were amazing! I will miss the patients the most.
Pros
Excellent physicians and nurse practitioners
Cons
MANAGEMENT, short lunches, no support from human resources, CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP company
Habor Medical
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Weymouth,MAJanuary 6, 2015
I worked at Harbor Medical for 4 years before being laid off. I loved my job at Harbor. I had my regular patients come in and enjoy seeing their doctors and enjoyed seeing me and having my wonderful customer service. I was responsible for the whole reception part, check in, check out, referrals, prior auths, follow up appointments, collecting money, phones, faxing and filing. I loved my co-workers and manager. We were a great team and enjoyed working with each other. The hardest part of my job was it being a Cardiac Care Specialist group, you would see your patients one week and the following week you could get a call saying they passed on. When you get so close to your patients and then to hear they are gone it hits home but the family is always so grateful for the excellent care they got from our office.
The worst atmosphere!!!
Billing Rep (Former Employee) –  Norwell MaOctober 30, 2014
I've always been a worker. So for me to leave on my lunch break and not come back after 3 days of "training" it's got to be pretty bad!! I sat there and watched someone work. That was they're training. It was hectic and extremely unnerving. I looked around at everyone and they all looked so depressed and miserable!!! Very unpleasant and I knew I would not be sticking around. This was back in 2006 but from what I've been reading things haven't changed much. I went for lunch and didn't return. Not good I know, but I HAD TO GET OUT OF THERE! Not for me... Life is too short folks.
Cons
everything
I loved it here
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  weymouth, MASeptember 28, 2014
I miss it! i wish I could go back! It was a great place to work. Staff was kind!
Pleasant environment, below average paygrade
Clinical Coordinator/Triage Nurse (Former Employee) –  Weymouth, MAMay 4, 2014
Pleasant peers, below average pay rate and advancement opportunities.
Pros
pleasant peers
Cons
below average paygrade and advancement opportunities
harbor medical
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, MAJanuary 25, 2013
loved working at Harbor Medical!
I only left due to relocation! great people great patients, cant say anything negative about it!
catty staff, vindictive management
diagnostic technician (Former Employee) –  weymouthJanuary 14, 2013
This is not just sour grapes, this company will fire you once they can find someone to work for less money. It is a well known fact that this is what they are up to, and look around at your neighbors as they are all to eager to stab you in the back. The benefits are decent I got retirement even if I was only per diem.
Pros
retirement
Cons
bad management, catty staff.
Medical Office
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  WeymouthDecember 18, 2012
I was laid off from this company due to a budget decrease. I loved my job at Harbor. I was there a total of 3 years. It was a medical office. I was also a float here. I would check people in and out, take co pays, get prior authorizations, referrals and book follow up appointments. The best part of my job was seeing the same people and getting to know them. I love working with people.
Friendly atmosphere, team players
EHR Abstractor (Former Employee) –  Scituate, MANovember 28, 2012
Pleasant atmosphere with a great manager. Spent most of the day
on computer and reviewing charts
Best part was learning the medical terminology.
There was no hard part of this job
Great co-workers.
Most enjoyable part was knowing I was helping the doctors
who did not have time to pour over medical charts all day.
Pros
terrific group to work with. flexible schedules
Productive and a fun workplace
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Weymouth, MANovember 3, 2012
A typical day at work:
● Managed blood drawing for over 30 blood-draws and delivered to lab technician.
● Trained staff of 15 on blood drawing techniques.
● Coordinated with administrative staff on shared office responsibilities including supply inventory and office coverage.

● Made reminder calls and communicates appointment time and preparation instructions to the patient or other person scheduling the exam.
● Documented patient information and wrote patient reports.
● Assisted in assessing patients and prepare patients for exams and monitored clinical flow.
● Helped with varied procedures, blood pressure checks, throat cultures, suture removals, including colonoscopy, biopsy, suturing, EKG's vital signs and performed urinalysis test and ear irrigations.

● Cleaned and operated sterilizer machine and followed infection control guidelines.
The management was helpful and great and so were my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was no room the grow. The most enjoyment I have was making the patients happy after their visit.
Pros
job security
Cons
short breaks
everyone worked well together to get the job done
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston,MaAugust 8, 2012
•Sending referrals for patients to specialty doctors,Set up appointments for patients,Used a paperless system called EMR,Enter patients demographics,Verified insurance on Emdeon System,

the hardest part of my job was dealing with patients who do not no anything about there health insurance

the moxt enjoyable part of the job was when the patient was satified
Pros
raises
Cons
over load of work when an employee was out
Terrible place to work...
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norwell MAAugust 5, 2012
i cant speak for all departments but the billing department in Norwell, MA- DO NOT DO IT!!. one day you go to work and your called into HR..(ok you have a meeting with hr and your supervisor they tell you what you can do to improve and say that the supervisor will work with you *which she wont) then over the next couple month's your called in more and more( even if you have made improvements like that asked) they keep finding the littlest things wrong.. picking you apart..and before you know it you go in for YET another meeting and sitting inside the conference room is your final paycheck...BUT ITS OK BECAUSE YOU CAN CLAIM UNEMPLOYMENT if your fired from the company.... well the above will happen to you.. i have seen this happen to many many woman that work there..** NOT to mention you only get a 30 min lunch break no two 15 min breaks as required by law...however they get around this by telling you: you are free to get up and get a cup of coffee and then right back to your desk....No training provided, as with many other companies..you sit and watch a co-worker all day...
Cons
as for dress down friday...this only happened a couple times and you had to pay to were jeans...
former employee
Nurse (Former Employee) –  weymouthJuly 27, 2012
Please do not work for them. The IT dept manager never care about their team member. They don't ever care about you.
I knew them more than 6 months.
The company never care about their employee.
I worked there for 9 months and end up need to resigned.
Pros
nothing good at all
Cons
cheap company and they don't care about the employee.