Pros: job security
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work:
● Managed blood drawing for over 30 blood-draws and delivered to lab technician.
● Trained staff of 15 on blood drawing techniques.
● Coordinated with administrative staff on shared office responsibilities including supply inventory and office coverage.
● Made reminder calls and communicates appointment time and preparation instructions to the patient or other person scheduling the exam.
● Documented patient information and wrote patient reports.
● Assisted in assessing patients and prepare patients for exams and monitored clinical flow.
● Helped with varied procedures, blood pressure checks, throat cultures, suture removals, including colonoscopy, biopsy, suturing, EKG's vital signs and performed urinalysis test and ear irrigations.
● Cleaned and operated sterilizer machine and followed infection control guidelines.
The management was helpful and great and so were my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was no room the grow. The most enjoyment I have was making the patients happy after their visit.