Harbor Regional Center

Harbor Regional Center Employee Reviews

Accounting Department
Fiscal Assistant, A/P (Former Employee), Torrance, CAFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: good company to work for. offer's good benefits.
Cons: pay scale is not that great but the benefits make up for it.
Good stable company to work for. It is state funded and helps families with children with special needs. It works closely with the families and the child to secure the best service's that will meet the needs of that child and will help him or her develop skills to the maximum of their abilities. Harbor Region Center is very dedicated to serve and help their community.
Dynamic work environment
COUNSELOR (Current Employee), Torrance, CaliforniaJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: working with families
Cons: limited flexibility in seeing clients on monday mornings or friday afternoons.
The Harbor Regional center is a dynamic work environment assisting clients with developmental delays and disabilities and their families. Providing generic resources and funded services.

On a typical day, I meet with a family or follow up with a recent meeting. In following up I write a individualized plan of outcomes and services. Additionally, assessing the need of a service/s and requesting funding is big part of the job. The job is very dynamic many things can happen on typical day.

I have learned to communicate with a variety of people from families, psychologist, vendors, services providers and staff. My organizational skills have increased due to the amount of work and clients.

Co-workers are supportive and and helpful. They are also fun. There are different activities through out the year to participate in.

The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the progress that the clients make after being provided with the services they need.

The hardest part is not being able to provide services to some of the families due being the payer of last resort.
Fun workplace
Therapist-Relocated to Palmdale (Former Employee), Torrance, CAOctober 23, 2013
Pros: team players
Cons: caseload
I learned how to be an strong advocate for clients and families. My program manager was supportive and had good problem-solving skills. I am very friendly and I got along with all my coworkers. They were team players. Caseload was very heavy. The events held at HRC.
Great place to work, great benefits, and competitive salary
Counselor/Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Torrance, CASeptember 14, 2013
You must be a self-starter and have great organization skills.
productive fun workplace
Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Torrance, CAFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: location
productive fun work place; worked with teens; schedule; flexible

Harbor Regional Center Salaries