Harbor Employee Reviews in United States

Research demonstration project
Maternal & Child Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CaliforniaOctober 9, 2015
Extensive networking with hospitals, doctors and medical clinics
Audited medical records
Managed events and trainings at all sites
Challenging but rewarding
CPST - Hospital Liaison (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 15, 2014
Everyday is different. There is some office work but a lot of community engagement.
Busy office working with staff and patients being available for questions and concerns
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 15, 2014
Working for this company taught me how to utilize and broaden my skills and knowledge. I enjoyed most training new staff.
Pros
providing breakfast for friday morning staff meeting
Cons
motivating other staff to learn new things
Very supportive staff with wide varity of services
Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 26, 2013
Harbor is the largest mental health provider in Northwest Ohio. The clinicians and staff are focused on providing for the client's needs. Harbor provides Health Home services to coordinate medical, psychotherapy, community and vocational services for clients. I find the staff and professionals to be supportive of each other in providing comprehensive care for clients and will go above and beyond for clients when needed.
I enjoy working there and knowing I have the support to offer clients to meet their needs that go beyond the psychotherapy that I provide. I enjoy working with clients and being part of their recovery.
Pros
reimbursement for schooling, provided ceu seminars and monthly productivity bonuses
Cons
required union membership for clinicians
Great and stress-free workplace
Clinical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 16, 2013
Stress-free workplace with great balance between work and personal life. Paid time off including vacation, personal time, and sick time.
Pros
pto, variation in daily activities
Cons
compensation
Enjoyable place to work; great employees
Software Applications Trainer (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 2, 2013
Learned multiple new skills while working here. Employees were very enjoyable to work with. Learned a lot about records review and customer service.
Self Motivated
JOB DEVELOPER (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 14, 2012
Independent work, self motivated to ensure to meet goals. Reasearch skills need.
Harbor is a progressive leader in behavioral health with excellent leadership, and extraordinatry customer service, and delivers quality services.
Executive Vice President, Retired 8/31/12 (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 5, 2012
During my employment Harbor grew from 40 or so employees to over 360 employees: From a budget of around $1 million, to over $26 million. Harbor is a leader in the community and the industry. It played in major role in integrating primary and behavioral health services in the region. It's goal of being the employer, provider and partner of choice was realized in a significant way. My 30 years of working at Harbor were rewarding and appreciated. The organization's workforce is made up of many of the best in the field who are totally committed to serving their clients/patients. Harbor offers opportunity to advance to many of it's talented workers. I appreciated the opportunity to learn, work as a team with many skilled professionals, and see an organization continue to grow throughout my employment time.
Pros
flexibility, opportunity to advance, recognition for achievements
Cons
although competitive with the field salaries are somewhat under other career opportunities.