Harborstone Credit Union Employee Reviews

good place to work
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAAugust 30, 2017
they worked with things needed to do with family as far scheduling. they also had good benefits for employees and classes to better skills for work as far as training
supportive of the community
Teller (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 19, 2017
Harborstone works very hard to support the community they serve with products, service and volunteer work. They are dedicated to being a positive influence in their community.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
boring
n/a
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAMay 31, 2017
The workplace culture was to make the best out of every situation and keep a positive attitude. Always assist, stay focused and keep a smile. The day was how you made it.
Excellent company, Family atmosphere
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMay 9, 2017
Great place to work, everybody cares about each other and they look to promote from within. Has a great reputation within the community and goes about business in a way that you can feel good about working there.
Great Place to Work
Collections Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WASeptember 5, 2016
Great trusting environment and empoyee centric management philosophy. Senior management believes what it says and practices core values.
A typical day Harborstone
Market Sales Manager/Dealer Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMarch 20, 2016
Fun and flexible work environment.
I started out as a teller and have worked my way up the corporate ladder. Ive been a manager for over 10+ years. Mentoring and coaching is something that I enjoy and have proven results in meeting corporate goals.
Pros
Family oriented
Cons
Healthcare and bonuses
Dedicated to the Community
Risk Management Officer (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, WASeptember 20, 2015
Harborstone Credit Union is dedicated to the community by providing strong online and in-person products. The staff is dedicated to serve it's membership.
Excellent benefits, wellness program, fun and very professional work place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAJanuary 7, 2015
Excellent benefits, wellness program, fun and very professional work place.
Great place
Teller, Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WASeptember 12, 2013
Great place to work. People always willing to help. There is a lot to learn!
Good start
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAAugust 20, 2013
Harborstone is a good fit for an in-experienced IT person to get started. They provided the necessary training to to perform the tasks assigned and further knowledge.
Worst Employer Ever
Administrative (Former Employee) –  WashingtonMarch 25, 2013
No room to advance. No communication skills. Most upper management are either married or high school buddies and present a speak only when spoken to attitude.

Avoid this employer, it is a total wash.
Pros
end of the work day
Cons
do not come close to the values they present. training is very poor. very unorganized
Teller (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WASeptember 26, 2012
I worked as a teller at Harborstone Credit Union for only a year before relocating to Statesboro, Georgia. A typical day as a teller was doing transactions for members including deposits, withdrawals, money orders, traveler's checks, outgoing wires, and referrals.

I was a manager at McDonald's before I started working at Harborstone. I had customer service experience, but working at this credit union taught me a whole other level of customer service.

The management and my co-workers in my area were great. Always willing to help out if you had problems or questions.

The hardest part of my job for me was adjusting to this totally different level of customer service and all the rules and regulations we had to know.

I really enjoyed working at Harborstone Credit Union, if only for a short time. I did make some friends for life during this time.
Pros
great opportunities for growth, great overall atmosphere
overall review
Support Service Specialist- GL maintenance (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMay 9, 2012
This Credit Union was a different type of CU. Dealing with military personel was an interesting experience and dealing with members of the service, I worked on the Air Force Base which is a completely different lifestyle than the general public.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harborstone Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2