Hard Rock Cafe

Hard Rock Cafe Employer Reviews

Really fun place to work, but...
Server/ expediter (Former Employee), Destin, FLApril 7, 2013
Pros: rock and roll attitudes, professionalism in many of the workers
Cons: it's the restaurant business, so the usual....not a year round job for many positions
My location was incredibly seasonal, and the pay was non-existent in the off-season. Getting hours/shifts was a cutthroat thing, and some of the managers played favorites. From my understanding, this is the exception, though, and not the rule for Hard Rock, and things may have gotten better since I left 4 years ago.
FAST PACE ENVIRONMENT.
Internship (Former Employee), Mexico cityMarch 25, 2013
Did an internship to learn food cost audits and also bus tables during peak hours
friendly staff
Excellent, Challenging, Respectfull job
Assistant Kitchen Manager (Former Employee), San Juan, PRMarch 2, 2013
Pros: free launches, travel, and work ethics
A lot of training, develop of caracter and security in yourself. live the experience of being at war and have the opportunity to serve your country. Meet an excelent group of people, brothers for ever, also had the opportunity of learn investigation skills, tactics and follow orders.
Amazing and vibrant establishment
Bartender (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLFebruary 24, 2013
Amazing management interactions, pleasent and entertaining environment.
GREAT
Food Prep /DISHWASHER TRAINEE (Former Employee), Destin, FLFebruary 12, 2013
Pros: ?
Cons: ?
EASY WORK , ALOT , DISHWASHER TRAINER VERY WELL VERY NICE PEOPLE THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB ? EASY ? !!!
Back-breaking medial work with a low and undesirable income
Server (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 6, 2013
Pros: ability to schedule work around degree program
Cons: no breaks, low income, extremely physical labor...
This place is terrible. It is over-staffed, so even with a strong physical presence, earning the basic needs of life is nearly impossible.
Excellent work environment
Lead Server/Trainer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 16, 2013
The company was great due to the mottos, philanthropic activities, and overall benefits and coworkers. Every shift was different and it was a pleasure to go to work there.
Rockin' place to work!
Front Host, Busser, Server, Trainer, Ambassador (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIJanuary 3, 2013
Pros: employee discount, matching 401k plan, vision care, diversity of workers
Cons: you never get out on the time that is on your schedule
They have a great working atmosphere. The people are not only fun but they will become your family. I was going to school and then I had a baby and the company worked around my schedule to get me the hours I wanted. They offered health care, pet health care, vision care, a company matching 401K plan, and life coaching for free. You also get 50% off – more... on food purchases and purchases in the gift store. It is a great company to work for. They encourage to be yourself and they are very active in the community. – less
summary
Cocktail Server (Former Employee), paradiseDecember 29, 2012
I was a cocktail waitress on the casino floor and worked swing/grave/day shift. I took orders delivered drinks and cleaned my station
A great place to work
Server (Current Employee), Gatlinburg, TNOctober 29, 2012
Pros: 50% food, health ins, 401k
Cons: has a slow season from jan to march..
A family oriented work enviornment. Great staff, teamwork, and values. A fun enviornment where u can be who you are! Great people.
Fast Paced
Food Expeditor (Former Employee), Tumon, GuamOctober 15, 2012
A typical shift at HRC was fast paced yet enjoyable. Management and the crew got along well. I like working in a fast paced environment which made this job enjoyable.
Fun Place to work, exciting and fullfilling.
Server (Current Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 17, 2012
Pros: discount on food and shop. flexible schedule
In the areas you are schedule to work, there's always something different to talk about. Memorabilia makes everything more interesting and get the customers excited. You learn a lot about different cultures and serve different types of people all day. Managers are always there to help and answer questions. Team work is essential for the job, everybody – more... contributes in a different aspect during the shift. Hardest part of the job... training! The training is intense but there's no other way to get the job done if you can't deal with training. The most enjoyable part is that you can be yourself and have fun. – less
Awesome work environment
Expeditor (Current Employee), Hollywood, CASeptember 17, 2012
I enjoy going to work every single day. The atmosphere is amazing and the staff is too.
Rockstaring it up!
Server (Former Employee), Honolulu, HISeptember 6, 2012
Pros: meeting people from all over the world
Cons: no cons!
Giving guests the best Rockstar experience. Entertaining guests while making sure they get the best food experience ever!
Fun place to be yourself
Restaurant Supervisor/Bartender/Server (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 23, 2012
I love working here! I listen to good music all day and make good money. The food is ok...but its the environment that keeps people coming back!
Fun place with lots of travel!
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 16, 2012
Responsible for store front windows as well as interior displays. Worked with store promotions, remodels, and new store openings.
Productive and fun
Fry and Salad Cook (Former Employee), Destin, FLJuly 2, 2012
Pros: corporate restaurant
Cons: management was two faced
I prepared the salads, desserts and fry cook. Learning their menu and how everything was prepared. Management was okay they were not very helpful. I like my co-workers we all worked very well together. The music they had inside the cafe.
Very Chill
Hostess (Former Employee), Atlantic City, NJMay 28, 2012
Pros: rockin music
very fun place to work. always an upbeat atmosphere. coworkers always helpful. management was always willing to help you advance. vacationers not always the most patient patrons.
Legendary Rock and Roll
Hostess (Former Employee), Denmark, SCApril 27, 2012
Pros: free dinner, great healthcare
Cons: no breaks
I would go straight to my hostess stand. Make sure everything was clean and properly presented. Made sure our guests were happy and had everything they needed. Told them about our memorabilia.
I would wash all the drink and dinner menus by the end of the night.

I leared to work hard, be patient and found out what great customer service is and what – more... it means to a restaurant.

My co-workers were often had a lot of personal drama going on, but besides from that we all got a long quite well.

The hardest part was when we had a 3 hours waiting list and celebrities and Hard Rock members would walk in - they would have priority seating, which led to some very unhappy guests in the waiting line which we couldn't do much about since they do not give out free drinks etc. – less
Very Corporate with Very High Standards.
Bartender (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIJanuary 25, 2012
Some policies & procedures were uncommon, but in the BIG PICTURE OF THINGS, it made me a more refined & overall, a more POLISHED Bartender. I use to have to take 16 Pour Tests a day (8 left & 8 right) From 1/4oz to 2oz! But now, I have a GREAT POUR, and I'm thankful for that

About Hard Rock Cafe

You can rock hard, eat hard, buy merchandise hard, and even sleep hard with Hard Rock Cafe International. The company operates – Read more