Hard Rock Hotel

Hard Rock Hotel Employer Reviews

workplace
Bartender (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 10, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere, great concerts
Cons: inconsistency with product, especially wine, and glassware, and promotions.
The hardest part of my job is dealing with lazy co-workers. The most enjoyable part of my job is taking care of the customers.
Awesome company culture of music freedom and fun
Front Office (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 12, 2014
Lots of music and cool people. Meet people from all over the world. Get to listen to music all day and the rock spirit is encouraged.
My work to make money
Line Cook (Fine Dining Pantry and Hot Side Chef) (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
everything is good,that's excellent,co-workers,supervisor,manager good work environmental atmosphere
Fun place to work
Security Ambassador (Current Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 13, 2014
I just started working here but so far so good. Management seems to be really strong, great coworkers and a nice environment.
very fun work place
House Keeping (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 11, 2014
very fun to work very laid back and lots of opportunity's to get hours
good place to work
Prep Cook (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: free lunches, lunch at what ever time i want, room chef.
Cons: low hours.
Its a good place to work. The chefs are cool and outgoing and easy to understand, if you don't get something they will help. Everyday i'm learning new ways to cook, or the easiest way to cook something. The only thing i don't like is that i'm on "on call" and i hardly get enough hours. The hardest part of my job is putting the delivery away. Im a cook – more... not a stuck guy! But for the most part i do enjoy working for the hard rock hotel. Its a good experiences. – less
A fun place and environment to work
Housekeeping Manager (Current Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 3, 2013
Pros: free lunches, work with schedules, other perks and benefits such as being able to get into universal and sea word with id
Cons: not so good healthcare
My longevity at the Hard Rock Hotel have taught me leadership and management skills. I love the culture and their motto, such as; Take time to be kind, All is one, and Love All Serve All. Hard Rock truly live by this.
Fast learner able to do any task
Customer service (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 2, 2013
My day came be very busy but I always have a smile on face.
My manager is always willing to help us in any issues
A good place to work for someone who needs good benefits and does not have children.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Catoosa, OKApril 25, 2013
Pros: free drinks, wonderful insurance and lots of overtime
Cons: working long days, not being able to plan anything because you had to stay untill everyone was done
The employees were so nice to everyone. The worst part of the job was that you never knew what time you were getting off. The best part of the job was all the people you got to meet.
Fun and full of energy,
Sous Chef (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 17, 2013
Co-workers were excited to be at work. The most enjoyable part of the day is when you see the commitment of wanting to do their best on everyone's face and in their body language.
unstable job security, constant changes in management, strict
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Las VegasApril 17, 2013
Pros: free lunch, good music
Cons: no breaks other than lunch, casino is very smokey
Strict work environment, ironic company culture/values: they preach to be different and unique however they prefer people who fit in and don't ask questions and are easily moldable. I learned about corporate culture and politics, and the hospitality industry. The customers/guests were mostly happy and pleasant, my coworkers were all very nice and helpful.
You can go far.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 1, 2013
this was a good place to work. I was advanced in the company twice. Like most hotels you can put in quite a few hours and holidays.
Great company
Lifeguard (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 29, 2013
Allows expression of self via tattoos and crazy hair colors. They encourage you to let your personality shine through which is rare in most companies... most companies would prefer cookie cut employees. However, they do not listen to employee opinions on how the work environment could be improved.
interactive entertainment for variety show
interactive entertainment for a variety show (Former Employee), las vegas, nevadaJanuary 4, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: long work hours at times.
dancing costumed character. I performed for the crowd before and during the show.
Used to be a "family" type company but got too corporate and employees lost morale
Bartender/Server (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 8, 2012
Pros: great hours, guests, co-workers, environment
Cons: absolutely none
*fast pace
*great guests
*a lot of events: conventions, concerts, parties
*everyone was really friendly
*most enjoyable part of my day was meeting new guests and making such a positive impression on them that they would prefer my bar over the other 9 bars in the casino to drink at for the duration of their trip. Customer service was key.
Excellent Culture, you can truly be yourself.
Purchasing Coordinator (Current Employee), San Diego, CADecember 4, 2012
Pros: free lunch, excellent staff parties, great work environment
Cons: low pay
Overall The Hard Rock Hotel San Diego has been an excellent stepping stone in my progression as a business professional. I have learned so much since I started there almost 3 years ago. The team/family vibe is second to none and the leadrship team truly cares about their staff members. A typical day at work consists of buying and ordering all food and – more... beverage for the departments within the hotel and its restuarants. Placing orders are not limited to food and beverage, I order all cleaning supplies, engineering supplies, office supplies, furniture and anything else the hotel requires on a daily basis. I creat purchase orders, create relationships with vendors along with creating spreadsheets, charts and so on. I have a great manager who really cares about what we need to have to effectively operate as a department. My co-workers are some of the best people I could ever ask to work with, it has truly been (currently as I am still employed) an awesome ride and I couldn't ask for better people to work with. The hardest part of the job is our month end process. This process is always very hectic as we conduct inventory throughout the hotel and report everything to our Finance department, which is our sister department. There is a very long process that month ends consist of and it's always hectic, but when you have great team members it always seems to operate smoothly. The most enjoyable part of my job is management realizes that we have lives outside of work, this is huge as I have a family and always being able to be with them is what is truly important to me. My schedule is Monday through Friday 6:30 am to 3:00 pm, how can this not be the most enjoyable part of my job!? My schedule is great and like I stated before, it allows me to have a positive life outside of work which in turn always ensures that I am always happy at work. – less
Great employees and customer base
Slot Supervisor (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 21, 2012
Pros: a very nice break room is provided with meals and the music is great
Cons: very loud and sometimes hard to communicate
The Hard Rock is a different kind of Casino and Hotel. It has a large Party atmosphere. Most of the co workers are great and a pleasure to work with.
EVERYDAY SOMETHING HAPPENING
LEAD LINE COOK (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 2, 2012
Pros: fun
LIKED IT VERY MUCH EVERYONE HELPFULL TEAM PLAYERS
MET ALOT OF MUSIC STARS ABLE TO MEET AND GREET THEM
Fun atmosphere to work but constant change in management and fear of losing your job over silly things
Pool Cocktail Server (Former Employee), Las VeggasMay 24, 2012
Pros: good money, fun atmosphere, great hardworking coworkers
Cons: no real breaks, no feeling of job security
The pool was awesome! Fun upbeat co workers, management knowledgeable and present. I learned that I may not be 20 anymore but I can still run cirlcles around them. The hardest part of my job was a revolving schedule, I was hired late in the season and wasnt able to have a set schedule which I worked with. The most enjoyable part was the guest interaction. – more... Being a part of their experience, making connections and seeing them return and remember me. – less

Hard Rock Hotel Photos