Hard Rock International Employee Reviews in United States

Good and fun place to work.
Procurement officer (Former Employee) –  Lagos, GUJuly 23, 2016
Everything from management to service is based on excellence, everyone is there for complete guest satisfaction. The managers, supervisors and other staff are not only colleagues but friends. The place is home of fun and rock & roll.
Fun, and always different, with different people, and different singers
Casino Attendant (Former Employee) –  Catoosa, OKJuly 21, 2016
Hard Rock was a nice place to work for, there was always something different going on, always dealing with different people. A typical day was busy, lots of people, what I learned was operating new equip., and noticed how management, knew what needed cleaned, and knew the rules and regulations very well. The co-workers, were very nice, and very helpful, very easy to get along with. There were not any difficult job issues. The most enjoyable part of the job, was learning more about the job, and learning what, or who was coming to the Joint, performing, and or singing, Watching people with their actions, when they win.
Pros
Having the ability to see, minutes plus, a free concert.
Cons
Hourly wages
great workplace
HEAD CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJuly 20, 2016
a typical day working at HardRock shop was providing an authentic rock and roll experience for all of our guest. one of the most enjoyable part of working for this company is the loyal customers!
Fun atmosphere, great benefits, and alot of oppurtunity of growth within the company
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 7, 2016
Overall, I really enjoyed working at the Hard Rock Casino. Like every company it had its ups and downs but for the most part a lot of pros. The company itself was huge therefore the opportunity there was great! You were also offered a lot of benefits such as medical, dental, health, and also free meals in the EDR (employee dining room) during each shift.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Unorganization of a large environment
summary
trainer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 29, 2016
This employer could be a lot better if the management team could get on one accord. But the culture is amazing. A very difficult company to get promoted internally with.
Energetic atmosphere with great guests interactions
Server (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 23, 2016
Fast pace environment with hard work and some fun. Co- workers are great and we engage a lot of team work. A typical day of work involve interacting with different type of people from all over the word. i learned how to work and deal different people with different personalities. What i enjoy the most about my job is watching people enjoy themselves and enjoy the atmosphere.
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
Not enough hours
Great company to work for.
Casino Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Catoosa, OKJune 22, 2016
I would work there again. Very structured company and feels like family. I loved being a place where I could socialize with guest and you always have something to do. Very fast paced at times but is fun and your always learning something new. Working for a casino is a one of a kind job.
Pros
easy to move to move to different department
Cons
smoking environment
fun
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Tahoe, CAJune 20, 2016
i took this as a second job to pay some medical bills. this job turned out to be a blast. i was a host and a retail sale associate. quickly i moved on to management
Pros
lead to a management position
Cons
hours
cocktail server
Cocktail Server (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 20, 2016
the company does not care about your life outside of work.no matter what the occasion; school, kids, health issues weather...you need to be at work no excuses. although, the money is great and the employee relationships can be amazing!
Pros
money, free food and bonuses
Cons
HR treatment
very fun with lots of perks
retail/customer service (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 11, 2016
the hard rock hotel treats all of their employees like family,everyone is friendly. management are pretty fair i have seen them give people so many chances. the hardest part of the job was having to work with employees who didn't respect each other. sometimes employees would show up really late or call in and they took advantage of me because i was new. also i would be careful not to use bathroom that aren't for employees one time i went to the bathroom after lunch and i was accused of smoking weed in the bathroom i was pulled out of work to get drug tested i was suspended for two weeks we i returned my test showed i had smoked no weed i got no apology and i was treated as if it was my fault however i loved the hard rock hotel it was a great experience and i would work there all over again if i had the chance.
Pros
free lunch, meeting celebs, hearing cool music.
Cons
security sucks
Productive and fun place to work but not honest
Expo + Busser (Former Employee) –  NiagaraJune 11, 2016
Great place but did not play by the rules of the agreement. I was promised 40 hours a week and they gave me 20 and less. Colleges were awesome and very helpful
Pros
Fun people, good managers
Cons
Did not respect the agreement of 40 hours a week - gave me less
Very insular.
Server (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 9, 2016
I was treated amazing. And, I was treated poorly. The variance pended on which part of the management team favored you. Overall it was a good work culture on paper and most times in practice.
Fun and fast-paced enviornment
Server (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 7, 2016
Working at Hard Rock has taught me how to keep my composure even when things are happening outside of my control. Being attentive and building rapport with my tables is vital to my success as a server. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing my guests are leaving happy because they just received great food and service.
Pros
Meeting new people, the food is fantastic, the money is great!
Cons
Work off tips
Loved it till the end
Server/ Lead Server (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 4, 2016
i worked long hours
made good money
it was a good atmosphere
managers were ok
team-mates were amazing
typically make 100-200 a shift
hardest part of the job is dealing with the foreigners
Pros
good money, great team
Cons
long shifts, bad guests
Avoid it
Servy (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 2, 2016
When I first started there was rumors everywhere about servers stealing cash tips. Never caught anyone myself but starts hostile. Front of the house managers were awful. Hired as a server some nights forced to be a busser or runner. Several employees quit or transferred cause of this. Other than Friday and Saturday the other nights you may not have a busser, runner or hostess. Management is extremely lazy and when booked conventions in house or concerts management does nothing to get room filled
Pros
Free food
Cons
Where do I start.
Hard environment to work in, but great coworkers and bosses.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 1, 2016
Great company environment. Everyone you work with is friendly and understanding, the bosses especially so. Hard job, but made much better because of my superiors.
Pros
Nice people all around.
Cons
Short to no breaks on shift.
Fun place to work,
Server (Former Employee) –  Northfield, OHJune 1, 2016
Fun place to work the place eventually started to go downhill. Business got very slow and the company ended up closing down this part of the franchise.
Great to start
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSMay 30, 2016
Working at the Hard Rock were some of the best years of my career. Opportunity for advancement was abounding for those who proved their worth.The property has changed and is not what it once was.
passion for work
Buffet Line Cook/ Banquet cook/job coach (Current Employee) –  Northfield, OHMay 28, 2016
an average day at work starts at about 730 i go in set up my line or station the line is to be set at 1045 because the buffet open up at 1100 in the morning.. some days i will be on prep in the back of the house which includes daily items needed for the buffet on second shift
Pros
cook new foods fun at work trying news things
Cons
management is not always on the same page when it comes to communication
Busy and Fast Paced but Fun place to work
Sales & Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 23, 2016
Best place to get into the Hospitality Industry.
Fast paced and for sure you will always be busy, but at the same time is fun and the level of satisfaction at the end of the day of work is just amazing. Been able to use that platform to help and serve others is even greater. A great place to learn about Customer Service and Philanthropy.
Pros
People
Cons
Long hours of work taking time away from the family

Hard Rock International Reviews by Location