Hard Rock International

Hard Rock International Employee Reviews

Entertaining environment
Cashier/Order Taker/Mini-Bar (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 29, 2015
Pros: Free breakfast, lunch and dinner according to work schedule
Cons: Managers were complacent and had no care in the way they performed their jobs
The benefits were great overall. Getting sufficient hours to afford a lifestyle was efficient. Managers were more secure then employees and worked with a lower expectation then an employee underneath them. Favoritism was a big deal and it affected many situations. The line of communication from the employee to the HR staff was very little. And did not always stay anonymous as it should be. There is no grace period, however due to busy seasons the employees have to catch a shuttle from a off-site parking lot and sometimes the shuttles arrived late. This made the employee late and the employee was pointed for the lateness.
Great Place
Room Service Attendant (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJune 29, 2015
Great place to work at with friendly personnel. You become a family in this environment and make friends for life. I recommend this employer to future job seekers.
For me is just errible
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee), Palm Springs, CAJune 26, 2015
Pros: No meals at all
Cons: never give 10 min breaks
No good or honest management.... It was a fun place but everything changes there, management dosent listen to you at all is just a bad place, sorry but it is.....
great work place
sale assited (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJune 25, 2015
Pros: free lunch
I would start off by greeting customers with a smile I would tell the customers all about a daily activity going on thru out the day I would also count lager some of cash at one time.
Used to be a great place to work
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 24, 2015
Pros: Pay is good, unique place to work, locations all over the world.
Cons: Longer hours, lost vacation time, getting benefits cut.
When I started 9 years ago, it was an amazing company to work for, but after getting bought by the Seminole Tribe out of Florida, not so much anymore. The direction of the company used to be about the people, culture and 100% guest focused. Now it's about how much money the Tribe can get to invest in their casinos.

Benefits are slowly getting striped away and they give themselves raises and put all hourly staff and managers on a pay freeze for two years to increase profits.

I am planning on leaving due to this. I hope they bring back what this company used to be.
Love the music and the people
General Manager (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 22, 2015
Good place to work. Reasonable hours of operation. Love the atmosphere with the music and memorabilia, Fun environment to work in.
poor mangment
Server/busser/food runner (Current Employee), Hollywood, FlJune 22, 2015
Pros: free food, nice people
Cons: hours, benefits, managers
I would come in at 11 and take orders, I did learn a lot but the management was horrible. I was part time but they had me working full and would not give me benefits i deserved
Great interaction with all coworkers
Lifeguard (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 17, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: late nights
Working there I got to know a lot of people who became my friends. The managers were willing to work with you as well as help you out
productive
Housekeeping (Former Employee), catoosaJune 12, 2015
a typical day at work was when there was 15 + rooms i learned how to clean a room in 20-30 min i enjoyed working with my co workers there was no hard part about cleaning rooms at the casino the part i enjoyed the most meeting alot of new people from different parts of the country
Work! Work! Work!
Host (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 9, 2015
Pros: Music. Maintaining a rock & roll lifestyle. 50% menu items and retail.
Cons: People forget that their job is supposed to fun. Serious, but fun.
Before working at this location, Hard Rock Cafe was to be a big part of my future. I would've gone to my grave with my Hard Rock pins and name-tag. In fact, I was involved in creating designs for a couple pins. Going to work was always fun at first. "I'm gonna kick this door down, and rock out to my favorite jams and have fun, and I'm going to be on top of my game"! Halfway through my shift I'm left to myself thinking about how miserable I am. Being the new guy, I was put upstairs by the door with very little to no interaction at all. Management was okay. As much as I liked my General managers enthusiasm in hearing about my day, or what hair-color am I going to wear tomorrow, I don't think my managers really took the time to get to know what kind of person I am. I got in trouble for things I had no control over. Though, I'm very good at taking initiative my flaws were based on other stuff that was beyond my job title, like telling other employees to get back to work or when I would help a customer before replying to a coworker on the radio within three seconds. Having someone in your ear asking over and over if you heard them and how inefficient you are is annoying, especially when that whole time you were speaking to a customer. I'll say "heard" when I'm able to speak. That would be the hardest part of my job I guess. I enjoyed interacting with coworkers and customers, listening to classic rock music, keeping busy by checking restrooms and spot-sweeping, seeing if anyone needed help. Of course being the kind of host I was expected to be, meaning just standing by the door, I – more... didn't let that stop me from doing other things that wouldn't even phase anyone else. I was bored and wanted to branch out to other departments like being a server or joining the retail team. I explained it to almost every manager but I wasn't taken seriously. Nobody really realized that I loved my job, that I would go through so much trouble to get to work, that I'd wait up to an hour to be picked up in the middle of the night in the middle of an unfamiliar city. Having to do all of that might have been worth it, if only I had enjoyed my job just a little more. I guess you can say I dedicated myself to a job that didn't deserve my compassion. I got tired and resigned from the job I took very seriously. I didn't resign because of a silly reason, I resigned because there was no good to outweigh the bad. – less
Enjoyed meeting new people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Las VegasJune 4, 2015
 Maintain all floor manager and employee schedules; manage the multi-phone line systems as well as reviewing all outgoing and incoming correspondence, and updating and maintaining the office software and equipment.
 Assist managers with processing monetary transactions and “Comp” transactions for guests, making sure to properly record all exchanges and assure all actions are correctly performed and documented.
 Maintain record and control of stock items and supplies, managing document control functions and record keeping of activities performed, events held, and upcoming schedules and expected visitors of interest needing to be briefed to management.
I used to go home everyday, miserable
HOSTESS (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJune 3, 2015
Pros: 50% discount
Cons: no hours, little pay
Management started out wonderful until the GM was let go and they moved a new one in. All the great managers started leaving and Hard Rock hired a bunch of rude, sexist, micromanaging people to replace them. I was there for 2 years and never advanced out of host even though I had serving experience. They kept hiring from outside instead of in-house. I loved my coworkers but the place went downhill. Now they're gearing the whole brand towards kids when it never really was about kids. Except weekends when they try to turn the place into a club. So... its a daycare by day and a nightclub by night. Pick one Hard Rock! I quit on Valentine's Day when my GM walked over and started yelling at me in front of customers, then disregarded the wait list and started taking customers as walk ins when other people had been waiting. I wont be yelled at and disrespected anywhere. Last and certainly not least, I NEVER got breaks. I would be overtime 8+ hours without even a 5 minute break. I talked to the GM about it before but on Valentine's day at 9 hours without a break I had just had it with them. Used to be a fun place to work. Now its just a black hole. They don't care about worker's rights. I had a manager talk down to me on many occasions. He'd order me to close the doors as he stood in front of them with his arms crossed... as I was busy doing something at the time. But he couldn't close the doors himself. Every day I would go home upset over something he said or the way he talked to me like a piece of dirt. I was there for 2 years, never got a raise or even moved up in the company. HORRIBLE, I repeat, HORRIBLE management.
Wal Mart
management (Former Employee), Catoosa, OKMay 30, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: managed very poorly
when you have a casino managed by a wal mart exec.
then expect it to be ran like a giant wal mart
departments spread apart with no communication
employees ideas always ignored.
company
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), tampa, floridaMay 24, 2015
good place to work so so. Always something new. There are no two days alike. the pay could be a lot better but its adequate

It is in my opinion under manned in key areas.
what can I say...
Sous Chef/Kitchen Supervisor, Swing Shift (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 23, 2015
The job was cool until you find yourself caring more than everyone else. It was 50/50 good and bad for me. Good because I love what I do and bad because management doesn't provide the proper support to help all aspects run as smooth as possible.
Fun work place
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 22, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches
Cons: Short breaks
The hotel and cafe is a great combination for fun and thrills for the family, great sites, and also the food is fresh and hot served daily.
Fun and exciting workplace
Waitress, Marketing Assistant, Retail Associate (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 19, 2015
Pros: Community Outreach
Cons: No breaks
Four years of working in the restaurant industry was a very enlightening experience. It consisted of meeting people from different regions throughout the world and generating unforgettable experiences. A typical day entailed a high volume environment, while dancing to music of all genres. Having the leisure to promote your individuality, while stimulating meaningful relationships within the workplace and with our consumers. The hardest part of working in the industry was the long hours on your feet, minimal breaks, and dealing with impolite individuals. Furthermore the operational management team lack communication skills, and were very ill-manner. Despite those areas of dissatisfaction I enjoyed working with Hard Rock Cafe, their corporation taught me how to communicate with persons from different culture backgrounds, and how to manage individual characteristic traits ( Love all serve all) , it help to professional refined me, and enhance my artistic judgement.
Exciting and fun place to work.
Casino Host (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMay 6, 2015
Pros: Building customer relationships
Cons: Hours of operation.
My day consist of working with different personalities and situations. In which it helps me to be more rounded in dealing with problems that may affect our guests. Our management at Hard Rock is very caring, they are always willing to help with your personal life and business growth. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the smoke and the hours and the most enjoyable part of the job is servicing our guest and building a relationship with them.
Friendly and outgoing workplace
Hostess (Former Employee), Key West, FLMay 1, 2015
Greeting and seating customers and getting to know a little bit about them. Friendly work environment, all co-workers were very nice. Hardest part was when we were busy and most enjoyable part was meeting so many new people
It is a great place to work and advance your career in the gaming industry
Floor Attendant (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 30, 2015
Pros: Employee appreciation day/week every four months they would have giveaways and contests
Cons: healthcare was not that good was too expensive
There is constant work to do and a full day once you start sometimes chaotic but overall very busy and a fun environment, the guests are great and understanding and help deliver that fun and exciting environment to work in. I learned many new ways to sanitize and clean different things and time management. My co workers are great to work with and we always had a great time at work. The hardest part of the job is when you have a disgruntled guest that has a problem with another guest or another employee and a mess ensues and usually its bad but the best part about it was we got to dance and sing in our departments and jam with the guests and that made it a great place to work and you got to meet so many new people daily.

1 2 3 4 5

About Hard Rock International

With over 179 venues in more than 54 countries around the world, including 140 cafes and 18 Hotels/Casinos, Hard Rock International – Read more

Hard Rock International Salaries