Hard Rock International

Hard Rock International Employee Reviews in United States

Fast paced, good environment, and an all around awesome place to work
Bartender/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 22, 2016
A day at work in the Hard Rock life consists of getting ready for your shift and being prepared to get your socks knocked of because you never know what is going to come through the door. The managers play a key role in maintaining the crews efforts in having a successful shift. All team members go above and beyond to assure all aspects run smoothly. I would have to say the hardest part of the job is to create balance. For me the most enjoyable part of the job is to see my coworkers have fun at while working really hard. To see the smiles on their faces at the end of a shift is rewarding.
Pros
Great culture and company
fast paced and fun to work at
NIGHT AUDITOR (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAAugust 17, 2016
fast paced and fun place to work at. Much more different than current other job I work for. lots of young people and drunks at night. Pretty crazy if you ask me.
Productive and fun place to work with meeting new people
Cocktail Server (Former Employee) –  Catoosa, OKAugust 16, 2016
This is a very good place to work for. I enjoyed it and learned alot of customer service that I had not known before. I learned how to handle money and met a lot of new people.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Sometimes customers were rude
Great athmosphere
Bartender, Event Planner (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLAugust 9, 2016
Work during Rock Concerts, good environment, but We need more shows, specially during summer.
Plenty of employee parking and easy access on buses and.or Uber.
Pros
Weekly pay, Free 24 Buffett Dinning
Cons
Lack of Advancement
long days
BARTENDER (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 6, 2016
i enjoyed working here, however your work and life balance was unheard of. I met A LOT of people here though and that was probably one of the best benefits of working in this fast paced casino enovironment.
One of the best places to work if you love music.
Server (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 1, 2016
Typical day at work is just serving tables but you have to sweep them off there feet with music knowledge and memorabilia knowledge and serving skills. Management is typically fair and friendly. Co workers are a dime a dozen you get a lot of cool people for sure and they usually are the same people next to you at the end of the night for a cocktail. The most enjoyable part of the job is the fact you get surrounded by music and the mottos they instill working for HRC. The hardest part of the job is making the customers happy at all times some can be hard to deal with. What I learned working at HRC is that again I need a higher education and that most iconic figures or celebrities are normal like you and I.
Pros
Good Food, Good Music, Customer Focus, Location, and entertainment.
Cons
Not cost efficient, usually busy, and the uniforms could be better.
Fun place to work.
Dual Rate Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJuly 28, 2016
See Attach.
Nice place to workit will be 5 years working with them and i learn alot.
Costumer Service is the top.
Great benefits.
Pros
free lunch
Good and fun place to work.
Procurement officer (Former Employee) –  Lagos, GUJuly 23, 2016
Everything from management to service is based on excellence, everyone is there for complete guest satisfaction. The managers, supervisors and other staff are not only colleagues but friends. The place is home of fun and rock & roll.
Fun, and always different, with different people, and different singers
Casino Attendant (Former Employee) –  Catoosa, OKJuly 21, 2016
Hard Rock was a nice place to work for, there was always something different going on, always dealing with different people. A typical day was busy, lots of people, what I learned was operating new equip., and noticed how management, knew what needed cleaned, and knew the rules and regulations very well. The co-workers, were very nice, and very helpful, very easy to get along with. There were not any difficult job issues. The most enjoyable part of the job, was learning more about the job, and learning what, or who was coming to the Joint, performing, and or singing, Watching people with their actions, when they win.
Pros
Having the ability to see, minutes plus, a free concert.
Cons
Hourly wages
great workplace
HEAD CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJuly 20, 2016
a typical day working at HardRock shop was providing an authentic rock and roll experience for all of our guest. one of the most enjoyable part of working for this company is the loyal customers!
Fun atmosphere, great benefits, and alot of oppurtunity of growth within the company
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 7, 2016
Overall, I really enjoyed working at the Hard Rock Casino. Like every company it had its ups and downs but for the most part a lot of pros. The company itself was huge therefore the opportunity there was great! You were also offered a lot of benefits such as medical, dental, health, and also free meals in the EDR (employee dining room) during each shift.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Unorganization of a large environment
summary
trainer (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 29, 2016
This employer could be a lot better if the management team could get on one accord. But the culture is amazing. A very difficult company to get promoted internally with.
Energetic atmosphere with great guests interactions
Server (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 23, 2016
Fast pace environment with hard work and some fun. Co- workers are great and we engage a lot of team work. A typical day of work involve interacting with different type of people from all over the word. i learned how to work and deal different people with different personalities. What i enjoy the most about my job is watching people enjoy themselves and enjoy the atmosphere.
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
Not enough hours
Great company to work for.
Casino Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Catoosa, OKJune 22, 2016
I would work there again. Very structured company and feels like family. I loved being a place where I could socialize with guest and you always have something to do. Very fast paced at times but is fun and your always learning something new. Working for a casino is a one of a kind job.
Pros
easy to move to move to different department
Cons
smoking environment
fun
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Tahoe, CAJune 20, 2016
i took this as a second job to pay some medical bills. this job turned out to be a blast. i was a host and a retail sale associate. quickly i moved on to management
Pros
lead to a management position
Cons
hours
cocktail server
Cocktail Server (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 20, 2016
the company does not care about your life outside of work.no matter what the occasion; school, kids, health issues weather...you need to be at work no excuses. although, the money is great and the employee relationships can be amazing!
Pros
money, free food and bonuses
Cons
HR treatment
very fun with lots of perks
retail/customer service (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 11, 2016
the hard rock hotel treats all of their employees like family,everyone is friendly. management are pretty fair i have seen them give people so many chances. the hardest part of the job was having to work with employees who didn't respect each other. sometimes employees would show up really late or call in and they took advantage of me because i was new. also i would be careful not to use bathroom that aren't for employees one time i went to the bathroom after lunch and i was accused of smoking weed in the bathroom i was pulled out of work to get drug tested i was suspended for two weeks we i returned my test showed i had smoked no weed i got no apology and i was treated as if it was my fault however i loved the hard rock hotel it was a great experience and i would work there all over again if i had the chance.
Pros
free lunch, meeting celebs, hearing cool music.
Cons
security sucks
Productive and fun place to work but not honest
Expo + Busser (Former Employee) –  NiagaraJune 11, 2016
Great place but did not play by the rules of the agreement. I was promised 40 hours a week and they gave me 20 and less. Colleges were awesome and very helpful
Pros
Fun people, good managers
Cons
Did not respect the agreement of 40 hours a week - gave me less
Very insular.
Server (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 9, 2016
I was treated amazing. And, I was treated poorly. The variance pended on which part of the management team favored you. Overall it was a good work culture on paper and most times in practice.
Fun and fast-paced enviornment
Server (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 7, 2016
Working at Hard Rock has taught me how to keep my composure even when things are happening outside of my control. Being attentive and building rapport with my tables is vital to my success as a server. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing my guests are leaving happy because they just received great food and service.
Pros
Meeting new people, the food is fantastic, the money is great!
Cons
Work off tips

Hard Rock International Reviews by Location