Hard Rock International

Hard Rock International Employee Reviews

Fun environment. Weak Management
Bartender / Server (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 24, 2017
Too many employees, therefore, not enough hours and/or shifts to go around. Management isn't very professional or as experienced as they should be, therefore, lacking protocol.
Despite all of the above, I must admit, it is a fun and exciting place to work. The atmosphere is very casual and friendly and you will meet some nice, generous customers.
As far as benefits, holidays, and requested time off, they're very "by the book." So, if you put your time in, they will give several insurance, 401 options and such. Requesting time off and/or having limited or specific availability is okay. They work with you, as long as you communicate your issues.
Bonuses and raises or promotions are all politics.
Pros
Fun and casual.
Cons
Management lacks managerial skills
Great work environment and friendly coworkers
Street Promoter (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 30, 2016
Working at the Hard Rock was an amazing experience. The staff was friendly and welcoming. A day in work was fun and energetic, I would go in and do my job and have a great time. My favourite part was walking around the boulevard and meeting new people and talking to them about the restaurant. Speaking different languages helped me out immensely, specially when there would tourist who were lost and in need of guidance. The most difficult part of the job would have to be working in extraneous weather, whether it be in harsh sunlight or cold, windy nights. I had sunburns on my face, neck and arms. This job taught how to step outside of my comfort zone and approach strangers on the street without fear, which I think is a great lesson in being brave. Working here has been a great experience.
Pros
the benefits, work environment
Cons
not very flexible with school
Good company but managers need proper training
Bartender/Waitress (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 10, 2016
Super awesome company to work for! They offer great benefits and have a very strict guidelines so it is very clear what is expected from you. Unfortunately, with our location managers are not properly trained and bully employees and get away with it because there are no consquences for their behavior. They have created a hostile work environment.
Pros
health benefits, tuition reimbursement, flexible schedule
Cons
At will employee, managers do whatever they want
Fun place to work, great environment
Busser/Host (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 24, 2016
There is little I can say about working at Hard Rock that is negative. Management was helpful and flexible, willing to work with my upcoming school schedule. The staff brought the place to life. The servers and bartenders brought personality and flair to the workplace. my only grievance was the pay. getting tipped out instead of an hourly rate was very inconsistent. I much prefer an hourly rate.
Pros
Free food, awesome coworkers, great environment
Cons
inconsistent pay, no benefits
It's Hard Rock!
Product Developer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 5, 2017
Nice played back cultural. Ability to travel and learn new aspects of retail and merchandising. Opportunity for more competitive benefits and outline of growth path/opportunities.
Pros
Casual work environment
Cons
Benefits not competitive
fun place to work
Busser, Food Runner, Promotion, Host, Retail (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 19, 2016
hard rock is a cool place to work at, fun environment to work in, nice & friendly staff, cool memorabilia inside as well. wish they hear more of the staff's opinion as opposed to corporate stop by's and judgement calls because at the end of the day the staff ha the work and be there everyday not corporate.
Pros
benefits, environment
Cons
opinion being heard
Awesome place to work
Financial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 28, 2016
HRC/HRI has been the best employer I have worked for to date. The culture and brand is like no other. The company strives for innovation and is always challenging the staff and management to exceed customer expectations.
Pros
EAP, great health benefits
Cons
n/a
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLAugust 23, 2016
I can say this was the best job I've had, they have great benefits and everyone is so friendly whats not to like. The pay is also great and its fair, when I was working their back in 2010 I was making $10hr I wonder what my advancement would have been if I were still working their. Now I work at a not so great job for $10.50hr only 50 cents more and were in 2016. Anyways if I were to get hired their again I would be super happy
Pros
Free lunch, great pay
Cons
Awesome company to work for
Financial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 19, 2016
The mission and motto's are what makes Hard Rock Cafe a great place to work. The co-workers were like a second family to me. Fun place to work, hectic at times, but that's the service industry.
Benefits
Cons
Management turnover
Tx- Server (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 14, 2017
I loved working for the hard rock. They offered great benefits and upheld a positive work environment. While the environment was professional upper management encouraged our free spirits.

Want to know more about Hard Rock International?

Ask a question
fun place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLOctober 27, 2016
you cant be working in a place that you are not happy at all, working for this company was absolutely perfect, I had the chance to know about the rockstar lifestyle, the cultural vibes, and the power of guitar. People treated me like I was home, and welcomed me as family.
Pros
free lunch, collection of tips, great enviroment
Cons
no benefits and low pay
I enjoyed my time here
Saucier Cook (Former Employee) –  Catoosa, OKNovember 5, 2016
The company is a wonderful establishment to work for but it is ran by pore management. I enjoyed the pay and the company of coworkers. Most enjoyed part was the benefits
Pros
Wonderful benefits
Cons
No sense of team work
It was a ok place to work
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Yankee Stadium, NYSeptember 29, 2016
Hard rock was a very serious yet fun place to work. I would suggedtion you apply.If you go to any hard rock cafes in the new York area stay to yourself and don't get involved in the restaurant politics. Good luck!!
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No job security
Rocking place to work
front desk agent (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSJanuary 27, 2017
Allows you to have fun, listen to music, meet amazing people. Also allows you to take part in excellent benefits with the option to enjoy perks at hardrock international anywhere in the world
Fun place to work
Room Attendant/ Minibar Attendant (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MS 39530January 20, 2017
Benefits are decent, however, pay is horrid.
Always something to get involved in and do, thanks HR!
Supervisors are into personal business WAY too frequently.
Pros
free lunchs, healthcare
Cons
drama
Valet (Former Employee) –  Catoosa, OKOctober 6, 2016
Not very good pay, but very good medical benefits. Must be native american to have any good chances of advancement. Must also be able to stand for eight hours without any problems. Fun staff, and an upbeat work atmosphere.
Pros
Cheap lunches
Cons
low hourly wage
Best benefits I've ever had
Card Games Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 1, 2016
HR Hotel and Casino Tulsa is a tribal casino. They have set the objectives and goals and strive to obtain them all no cost spared.

THIS IS NOT HARD ROCK CAFE
Pros
benefits, benefits, benefits
Cons
Native American preference
Good Company
Players Club Representative (Former Employee) –  Catoosa, OKFebruary 14, 2017
good company to work for. great benefits. Nice enviroment to work in. Very friendly co workers. I learned a lot with computers and customer service.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
stressful
Fun work place
Senior VIP host/sales (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 12, 2016
Great work place. Everyone is friendly and willing to help you feel like a family, Great benefits for working there free concerts and give backs to the team.
Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY 40203September 19, 2016
The time spent working for this company was fun and fast paced. I have no complaints about this position. Although I was young and the company may have changed since my employment, they had great benefits. One of the only places I have worked that I have heard offering pet insurance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hard Rock International. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval