Hard Rock International

Hard Rock International Employee Reviews in United States

Busy and Fast Paced but Fun place to work
Sales & Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 23, 2016
Best place to get into the Hospitality Industry.
Fast paced and for sure you will always be busy, but at the same time is fun and the level of satisfaction at the end of the day of work is just amazing. Been able to use that platform to help and serve others is even greater. A great place to learn about Customer Service and Philanthropy.
Pros
People
Cons
Long hours of work taking time away from the family
An okay job
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 22, 2016
It wasn't the worst job and not the best.
Its doable.
They need a little more organization and need to understand to value there employees a bit more..
Pros
FREE MEALS
Cons
UNORGANIZED
Productive and fun
Specialty cashier (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 18, 2016
Trained in every area was very fun environmental, love it!!! This company give you the chance to grow. The co workers are amazing but I can"t say the same about management.
Pros
good training and fun
Cons
Fun working in a casino seting
Banquet Supervisor / Asst Mgr (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMay 13, 2016
I made my job fun by having constant interaction with all guests at the Hotel and Casino.
Did learn much about the casino Industry.
Senior Management in my division was not open to inovation
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
inconsistency on scheduling
Could have better management.
Cafeteria Attendant / Food Prep (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 12, 2016
Good company with great benefits, but could have better HR and a more trained management team. Overall, good place to work.
great
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 12, 2016
Easy job, good co workers and managers. Shifts are usually 8 - 10 hours long. You usually have an option to do overtime.Every person i encountered with was friendly.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Energetic, Loud and Fun
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Lahaina, HIMay 10, 2016
Walked into Guns and Roses blasting. All sorts of photo flashes throughout the building with memorabilia hanging on every possible available inch of the walls. So much rock and roll history and experiences being shared by the guest and employees back and forth. Live entertainment during the evenings as well as sold out chows/concerts. Managers were constantly aiding servers and chatting with guest about their experience in our café that was only one of 170. unlike myself, my coworkers (not all) had colorful hair and vibrant tattoos and outfits to match. If there ever was a difficult part of working there, it would have been speaking over a Metallica guitar solo while describing our daily catch platter. It was overall a very entertaining and fun venue to be a part of. Meeting all types of people fro around the world.
Pros
Free meals were common when I was the lead server.
Cons
Very little breaks on long shifts, some were 10 hours and longer.
very rewarding job and great meeting all calibers of people
casino dealer (Current Employee) –  Biloxi, MSMay 10, 2016
i know how to treat costumers , i consider myself a great dealer ,dealt a lot in high limits , get along very well with co workers ,learned many games.to hear costumers complaining and cussing when they loose their money . when players win and they thank you for doing a great job .
Product Developer
Product Developer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 2, 2016
A high paced working environment with a lot of multi-tasking to produce retail products for gift shops from concept to shelf.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Staff Turnover
Absolutely loved this job
Cocktail Server (Former Employee) –  Catoosa, OKMay 2, 2016
Cherokee Casino provides extensive training, competitive benefits, friendly management, and an exciting work environment. From serving drinks on the floor, to dropping your tips and bank in the cage, the entire staff is so helpful and delightful. If I had an opportunity to go back to work there, I would absolutely make a career out if. An amazing place to be an employee with so many advancement opportunities.
hard rock
LEAD CHEF (Current Employee) –  Northfield, OHApril 30, 2016
Overall I loved working with the pp; that I encountered while I was employed there I just hate that I worked all holidays and weekend and got off late
Terrible restaurant Pests and Rodants Everywhere
Busser/Host (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 29, 2016
It was a good job and atmosphere the on thing the made it unbearable was the management it really got disorganized to the point the lost to close to half of there employees within the sum of three months I liked my job an didn't really have any problems through out my experience and some great people and good friends
Pros
Had good staff
Cons
The managment was horrible
Productive workplace for me and I've learned a lot
Assistant Cook (Former Employee) –  ArizonaApril 25, 2016
I really enjoyed working here with the elders of my community. This position was just an on the job training so it was only part time. The time I spent here, I really enjoyed it. I want to continue to work in this kind of a setting.
fun place to work
Cash Out Clerk (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 20, 2016
They welcome everyone! It is a come as you are place. So your coworkers and managers are really fun and have AMAZING personalities. In cash out typical day is counting registers and balancing vaults. Cashing out bartenders, servers, retail. So you get to see and meet all employees on a personal level. You answer the phone, maintain lost and found, make change, close out store at the end of the night. I enjoy cash out because it is NOT stressful and you get to learn a lot about behind the scenes. This is helpful if you are interested in building a career with the company. Managers are GREAT! Come to work, be yourself and you'll always have a great day. This position requires someone that is fast-paced. multi-tasker, good memory, organized, detail oriented, and confident on all levels. Thought the position would pay more (12.00/hr, 30-40 hrs a week, 10 hour shifts); but there is a lot of downtime, meals are provided and the work is simple once you get the hang of it so the pay is fair. They also promote really quickly, most people after a year become supervisor. Part-time employees also get benefits. thats a plus
Pros
food, managers, coworkers, experience, work culture, benefits
Hostess and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Sioux City, IAApril 15, 2016
just management not so good, need to have good management, hire more people, always under staff.
They have to have a good communications with the employees, they should know how to appreciate their employees not just the customers.
need to be apart of the click to be accepted
Former Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 15, 2016
The need a general manager that wants to be in the position to develop and motivate employees. if you are not apart of the "click" you are outcasted
Pros
benefits, 401K
Cons
current management is very poor, not interested in employee morale
Provided learning experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 13, 2016
I have learned extremely hi pressure management of a high volume business. Aside from the bar, kitchen, and service areas, I now have experienced all management aspects of retail, private events, live music, and catering.
Pros
I enjoyed the overall experience, my staff, and my team.
Cons
The downfall was working until 4 a.m. 5 or 6 days a week at 60 hours a week.
Like a chicken with their heads cut off
Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 13, 2016
If ever there was a physical manifestation of the term the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing, this place is it. In 4 years that I was employed with them they changed ownership 3 times and management was a revolving door. They changed their uniforms about 4 times as well. Management never seemed to know where they were going because once someone came in they were gone in like 6 or 7 months. I think that is a sure sign of what being in management there was really about. It was really hard to feel comfortable in day to day working. The loyalty to the employees was non-existent. You could tell that they really didn't give one single care about them. once a month they would have an employee appreciation which ALWAYS consisted of the same food in the Team Dining Room...some ribs and some dried out overcooked roast. and don't get me started on how often we were fortunate enough to have a thanksgiving dinner throughout the entire year. Dried out turkey slices, the same turkey gravy and some bland stuffing.
Pros
bland food was free, only really had to work about 30 mins per hour.
Cons
no breaks, was told that the time between runs was my break time, but wasn't allowed to do anything except go sit in the TDR
Very Cultural
Server (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 9, 2016
Long shifts, with multiple tables at a time
How to work in serving at a faster pace
Management was friendly and strict
Fair
The hardest part was working with how big the location was
Getting to see people from all over the world
Fun and relaxed envrionment
Retail Team Training Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 28, 2016
This job has really helped me grow as a person and helped make me the confident organized and detail oriented employee I am today. At the Hard Rock Store we were trusted and empowered to make small management decisions, I helped train new employees and made great relationships and lasting memories with the guests and coworkers.
Pros
Free lunches provided to employees, great coworkers
Cons
Limited hours when Part time during the slow months, Fulltime hours were still being cut during the slow months