Hard Rock International Employee Reviews

Great Company but night shift suffers
Slot Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 17, 2017
I always loved coming into work, it never felt like anyone was breathing down your neck here it is a live and let live type place depending on your department, everyone is usually very nice, the only complaint I have is the night shift schedule the hours are pretty brutal usually 10pm to 6am, this definitely will cause some distance with family and friends but if you can manage that you'll enjoy working here granted if you are not on grave
Pros
Free food
Cons
Night shift hours are terrible, the casino is stuffy and dusty due to smoking
Overall good place to work
Utility (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 30, 2017
This job can be very relaxing and easygoing at times but also difficult when it gets busy. The company who runs Hard Rock at this location has a policy that does not allow for mandatory tip out and instead pay their bussers and barbacks $9.00 an hour. In my opinion a server's and bartender's aid should receive a portion of their tips as they do all the heavy lifting.
Pros
A lot of fun people to talk to.
Cons
No mandatory tip-out for bussers/barbacks and poor hours
Fun environment. Weak Management
Bartender / Server (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 24, 2017
Too many employees, therefore, not enough hours and/or shifts to go around. Management isn't very professional or as experienced as they should be, therefore, lacking protocol.
Despite all of the above, I must admit, it is a fun and exciting place to work. The atmosphere is very casual and friendly and you will meet some nice, generous customers.
As far as benefits, holidays, and requested time off, they're very "by the book." So, if you put your time in, they will give several insurance, 401 options and such. Requesting time off and/or having limited or specific availability is okay. They work with you, as long as you communicate your issues.
Bonuses and raises or promotions are all politics.
Pros
Fun and casual.
Cons
Management lacks managerial skills
Good company but managers need proper training
Bartender/Waitress (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 10, 2016
Super awesome company to work for! They offer great benefits and have a very strict guidelines so it is very clear what is expected from you. Unfortunately, with our location managers are not properly trained and bully employees and get away with it because there are no consquences for their behavior. They have created a hostile work environment.
Pros
health benefits, tuition reimbursement, flexible schedule
Cons
At will employee, managers do whatever they want
The other employees that I worked with were fun
Golf Grill Associate (Former Employee) –  Catoosa, OKDecember 5, 2016
At the golf course you don't get breaks unless there are a few people there to cover for you, which usually, there aren't. I really enjoyed the golf course, it was beautiful. The hardest part of the job was that my manager didn't help with anything. The most enjoyable was when you are out on the course and it's a good day outside. A typical day at work is slow, usually there aren't that many tournaments.
Pros
Discounted meals, beautiful sights
Cons
Have to make your own breaks, drunk golfers, rude critical golfers
Love the culture
Server Trainer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 11, 2017
The typical day at work was smooth till 7 pm then business would alway pick up. The structure behind each concept that Hard Rock provides is incredible. From the mechanics to the expo station to the high standards of the bar it makes it such a amazing place to work. The people that work there and the people that come to dine are all incredible and the food is just on another level.
Pros
Money
Cons
money
Fun, always changing, high volume atmosphere
Server and Hostess (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 28, 2016
For the past 3 1/2 years working at this corporate location, I have enjoyed every moment. I have learned to take under pressure situations to the best experience. Co-workers were like another family. Management at my time there was well balanced between front of house and back of house. The opportunities for advancement were a great advantage such as serving 900+ guests for private parties for REI and Microsoft.
Productive workplace where I was allowed to come into contact with amazing people!
Server (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 19, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of serving guests in a timely manner. In the process, I was allowed to meet people from all over the world and take a look into their lives. There was always room to grow and not one person there had been around for less than 5 years. Management was open, honest, and amazing! I truly enjoyed my time with this company.
productive and professional environment
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, CAFebruary 10, 2017
was a good place to work no complaints, everyone was on their p's and q's and it was fun to be there. everyday was positive and uplifting, we had a lot of laughs while working our butts off. good company that employees the best, ive come away from this place with life long friends. the most enjoyable part was the staff and all the memories i have created with those people.
Worked under an awesome Chef who loved to teach and specialized in communicating with others. They came up with a International theme each quarter.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAFebruary 10, 2017
Going into work was never hard to do when I worked at Hard Rock. I got to move around stations everyday so it gave me much enjoyment learning new cooking techniques. The Staff was very welcoming and friendly. We were always busy on the Holidays so working them was always a requirement. It was difficult when u had to be away from your family for Christmas and Thanksgiving. When u work for a restaraunt requires a lot of detail to appearance and personal hygiene and knowledge of food safety is a must have. Interacting with guest and looking for ways to make the dining experience a pleasant one is a pride thing. I always treat people the way I would want to be treated when I go out to eat.

Want to know more about Hard Rock International?

Ask a question
A job just to bring in revenue.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 16, 2016
Management was not the best to work for, very hostile environment. Supervisors were not the friendliest. I managed to get through the season. No hours, No experience gained. The hardest part was being under pressure while at work which caused stress. My most enjoyable moment was talking with the guest getting to know all their different walks through life an giving them an experience they can take with them for the rest of there life.
Pros
free food, meeting good co-workers, discounts
Cons
Supervisors mentality, unfair hours
Great place if you want to learn.
Banquet Cook II (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLFebruary 14, 2017
Because of so many different outlets under the same roof, HR is a great place to learn different food cultures. My direct management is fair and flexible and is willing to teach every step of the way. Easy to get along with coworkers, friendly environment. Provides uniform, with dry cleaning, which in culinary is huge since our jackets get pretty dirty.
Great Entertain for a Night Out
Gaming Floor Cashier (Former Employee) –  Catoosa, OKDecember 2, 2016
Great Customer Service. Fun entertainment. Various restaurants to choose from. Most importantly, variety of different gaming play. I am proudly a former Gaming Cashier, and i will say, the employees in that department are intelligent, customer friendly, and very professional to seek the needs of the guests before their own.
Pros
The guests that we help.
Cons
none available
Awesome work environment with fellow co-corkers and customers
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 3, 2016
No such thing as a typical day at work! I acquired the knowledge and experience for ordering daily requisitions and processing of product in an extremely high volume industry from management and my co-workers. The hardest part of the job is that you are physically exhausted. The best part is your co-workers help make you laugh and you don,t think about how tired you. Plus, it is always an adventure! You never know what you are walking into. The majority of the time, your customers are hysterically funny.
Pros
Meet knew friends, (co-workers & customers). Contacts. And the money.
Cons
Healthcare, no overtime pay.
Was a diferent all around invirement
General Maintenance Repairer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 1, 2016
Was high end hotel with word renown guest. All employees were very outgoing and attentive, Each day was a joy to go to work.Typical day was filled with satisfying guest complaints and requests.Management was supportive and always motivating. Team workers helped each other. Hardest part of the job was trying to keep up with 650 rooms. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with a diverse array of people and guests.
Pros
Great provided meals
Cons
Rude and arrogant guests
its a job if you really need one
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Catoosa, OKNovember 1, 2016
I've worked for this company twice before, in EVS and in the hotel. EVS was good until i got sick and needed surgery, my manager made me come back from my medical leave early threatened to fire me if i didn't. and in the Hotel i started out as Front desk agent and helping in Housekeeping but then they started putting me more in housekeeping than at the front desk then took me off the front desk completely without telling me.
Pros
good medical
Cons
management is unreliable
Fun place to work
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 15, 2016
I would review Hard Rock Cafe as a fun place to work. Management was always trying to make the place better and more desireable. It was nice to get 50% off of meals, even friends and family could get the discount. Hard Rock was always doing something for the community, I participated in helping build houses for Habitat for Humanity and other Philanthropy.
Fun place to work, great environment
Busser/Host (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 24, 2016
There is little I can say about working at Hard Rock that is negative. Management was helpful and flexible, willing to work with my upcoming school schedule. The staff brought the place to life. The servers and bartenders brought personality and flair to the workplace. my only grievance was the pay. getting tipped out instead of an hourly rate was very inconsistent. I much prefer an hourly rate.
Pros
Free food, awesome coworkers, great environment
Cons
inconsistent pay, no benefits
Favorite place I've ever worked
Server (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 5, 2016
I have never enjoyed a job as much as my server position at the Hard Rock Cafe Boston. For over a year and a half now, every time I've gone into work, this restaurant has brought me laughs, friends, money, lessons learned and experiences I couldn't have gotten anywhere else. From top to bottom the people I work with and job I preform has been second to none.
fun place to work
Busser, Food Runner, Promotion, Host, Retail (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 19, 2016
hard rock is a cool place to work at, fun environment to work in, nice & friendly staff, cool memorabilia inside as well. wish they hear more of the staff's opinion as opposed to corporate stop by's and judgement calls because at the end of the day the staff ha the work and be there everyday not corporate.
Pros
benefits, environment
Cons
opinion being heard

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hard Rock International. Our community is ready to answer.

Hard Rock International Reviews by Location