Hard Rock International

Hard Rock International Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and enjoyable with free foods
Prep Cook (On the Job Training) (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 19, 2016
As a prep cook my role is to assist in the preparation of meals by chopping vegetables, making salads, and putting together entrees. Although this role generally does not include any cooking duties, I've learned how to become reliable and responsible on my task.The management were absolutely fantastic because they treated ll there employees fairly.All my co workers are friendly. And the most enjoyable part of the job was i can't feel that I'm tired because my co workers are very entertaining.
Pros
50% discount in all of there products
Cons
Exciting work environment with a fun culture
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Key West, FL and Seattle, WAFebruary 24, 2016
Hard Rock Cafe prides itself on being authentic in everything they do and working there you can see it everyday from how management relates to hourly eployees to how servers deal with guests, and how cooks treat the product they produce.
They have a strong tendency to promote from within which I applaud.
It is high volume and stress can run high, but at least there is some good music!
Pros
Exciting corporate culture, growth potential
Cons
high stress and high volume
Poor Work/Life Balance and no growth opportunities
Back of House Salaried Emploee (Former Employee) –  Northfield, OHSeptember 11, 2015
If you love working 10-12 hours a day, 7 days a week, then this is the place for you. Very little work/life balance. Your growth opportunities are few and far between. Very disappointing on how this is a multi-million dollar property and yet they run it like a mom and pop roadside casino. Very high turnover rate due to lack of management experience. Have seen a complete turnover in some departments in less than 2 years.
Pros
Seeing the neat Rock Memoribilia
Cons
Poor work/life balance, low wages, subpar benefits, mis-managed
theme park fun
Cage Cashier (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 12, 2016
I really liked working at universal, it was always fun, meeting people from all over the world, guessing their accents and having conversation about what to see and where they would recommend when I go to visit, things always ran good for the most part, unless it rained and the outdoor rides had to close down , so keeping the guest happy in that aspect was a little challenging , but other than that it was always fun, the only thing I didn't like was when people would try to buy more then one beer and cause a fuss,, I worked there for a few years and was seasonal the whole time, never being moved up despite my being there longer then most cashiers who came after me
Pros
free admisson into the park, tickets every quarter, free parking
Cons
no benifits for seasonal people
Lovely day at work
IS Support Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 25, 2016
Typical day: Make sure that all the terminals and computers were running correctly in every department on the property.

I did learn alot with all the different devices and programs we had to work with and if we didn't have the answer we had our own company wiki to help us

Management and co-workers in my department would let me know of the daily tasks that needed to be finished by the end of the night but didn't show recognition for my accomplishments for these.

The most enjoyable part of this job was communicating with other departments what was needed or just being social with employees.
Pros
Awesome employees outside my department, loved working with other departments, loved the hands on aspect when working on company property
Cons
Not always being informed on what was going on in my dept., necessity for more employees in my department
Management is very unprofessional and scattered in the food and beverage dept.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Northfield, OHMarch 11, 2016
Low wages, long hours and poor management all the way to CEO! Silly open microphone to get hired was humiliating. This place needs new ownership and management.
Pros
Hard Rock is a good company.
Cons
Poor management
Fun and relaxed envrionment
Retail Team Training Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 28, 2016
This job has really helped me grow as a person and helped make me the confident organized and detail oriented employee I am today. At the Hard Rock Store we were trusted and empowered to make small management decisions, I helped train new employees and made great relationships and lasting memories with the guests and coworkers.
Pros
Free lunches provided to employees, great coworkers
Cons
Limited hours when Part time during the slow months, Fulltime hours were still being cut during the slow months
Dead end position
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Catoosa, OKMarch 21, 2016
The CSR position was fun at times, but at other times you had ridiculous customers and managers rarely backed you up, but it depends on who your manager was for that shift. While I appreciated the Security officers, some were on power trips and would treat you like you were one of the guests on crack or meth. A certain female security officer really needs to be demoted or fired because of how she treats others. All in all, this can be a good place to work, but only if you are Cherokee.
Pros
Free dinners when productions were high
Cons
Low wages
Great culture and Management
Lead Hostess/Trainer (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 18, 2016
Loved Working here. Management was okay. Culture was great except for servers who at times were verbally abusive because they didn't' like feeling like you "Sat someone in another section" but at HRC clients can choose their seats.
Fantastic place to work
Stage hand/Stage Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 8, 2015
The management team in the entertainment department is top notch. From the VP on down everybody is on the same page and there is direction always. There is no nonsense between employees and management and front line employees always act professional.
Pros
Free lunch, great benefits, awesome compensation, great people to work with, great people to work for.
Cons
Long hours, hard, physical labor
Used to be a great place to work
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 24, 2015
When I started 9 years ago, it was an amazing company to work for, but after getting bought by the Seminole Tribe out of Florida, not so much anymore. The direction of the company used to be about the people, culture and 100% guest focused. Now it's about how much money the Tribe can get to invest in their casinos.

Benefits are slowly getting striped away and they give themselves raises and put all hourly staff and managers on a pay freeze for two years to increase profits.

I am planning on leaving due to this. I hope they bring back what this company used to be.
Pros
Pay is good, unique place to work, locations all over the world.
Cons
Longer hours, lost vacation time, getting benefits cut.
Productive work place and very good people
Practicum Trainee (Former Employee) –  South Lake TahoeAugust 17, 2015
Normal day isn't that busy but when holiday comes it's really busy and the hotel is always fully booked.

I learned a lot specially time management in accomplishing tasks.

The management is really good, they accommodate everyone the whole time.

Hardest part of the job is when there are a lot of guest and there's just few housekeepers working on that day, it's hard to finish the number of rooms that's given to you because of many guest request at the same time.

The most enjoyable part is when you meet new friends with different cultures and serving guest to meet their needs
Pros
Free Beverage
Cons
Short Breaks
New property, unorganized, great potential
Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Stateline, NVOctober 31, 2015
It is a beautiful property and set in an amazing atmosphere. Short handed on management and the working management was overworked with doing 3-4 other jobs as well as their own. The property was not set up for success from the beginning and it was a tough adventure for the first year of operation. Opening any property is not an easy undertaking, but there can be a lot more preparation done and put in place to help ease the opening operation. No set ordering system, no set inventory system, purchasing department non existent, accounting dept very short handed and a lot not trained properly. Front desk very short handed and not trained properly, 3rd party EVS company and Housekeeping company did not care about their job and the Hard Rock do to being a 3rd party company. The ground floor employees are the glue to the Hard Rock and make it the rocking place it is. Their hard work and dedication made working there enjoyable and fun. The hardest part of the job was the un-organization from upper management and constantly having to work day to day on the fly. The pay, benefits, and vacation packages need to be seriously revamped and be more appealing.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
No provided meals, no hot food, convienence store style food, employee bathrooms horrible, uniform room closed on Sundays and Mondays
Love it here
Model Bartender (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 2, 2015
this has been my favorite job in vegas but because theres no movement for career advancement thats the only bad thing because everyone has been here for years because its an amazing place
Pros
management, flexibility with scheduling
Cons
no room for advancement
Great, laid back atmosphere. awesome employees
Media Buyer/Social Media Expert (Former Employee) –  BIloxi, MSJuly 6, 2015
A typical day of work would be Mon-Fri 8-5p. It is a corporate setting off of the casino floor. I would handle all contracts and planning for media advertising. The social media filled up the rest of my days. Also, I worked the weekends occasionally for concerts and "meet-n-greets" with the bands.

I learned a great deal in regards to marketing and casino business.

Management was fantastic. since it is the Hard Rock, they have a much more relaxed corporate structure.

The co-workers made the job enjoyable!

the hardest part of the job was balancing work and family life. The social media part of my job took a large portion of my time.

the most enjoyable part of my job there was the employees, and the perks that came with the job. (i.e. concerts, meeting the bands, free lunches)
Pros
free lunches, many perks
Cons
No feeling of job security
The benefits are the only reason to have a job with the casino.
F & B Associate (Former Employee) –  Catoosa, OKSeptember 21, 2015
Turnover is crazy there. They are constantly hiring new people and even managers, so if you know how to do your job correctly you will be training new employees and managers. Advancement is near impossible. They take advantage of the hard workers and make them do other employee's jobs.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Poor management, no chance for promotion.
Energetic, Loud and Fun
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Lahaina, HIMay 10, 2016
Walked into Guns and Roses blasting. All sorts of photo flashes throughout the building with memorabilia hanging on every possible available inch of the walls. So much rock and roll history and experiences being shared by the guest and employees back and forth. Live entertainment during the evenings as well as sold out chows/concerts. Managers were constantly aiding servers and chatting with guest about their experience in our café that was only one of 170. unlike myself, my coworkers (not all) had colorful hair and vibrant tattoos and outfits to match. If there ever was a difficult part of working there, it would have been speaking over a Metallica guitar solo while describing our daily catch platter. It was overall a very entertaining and fun venue to be a part of. Meeting all types of people fro around the world.
Pros
Free meals were common when I was the lead server.
Cons
Very little breaks on long shifts, some were 10 hours and longer.
Fun and exciting workplace
Waitress, Marketing Assistant, Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 19, 2015
Four years of working in the restaurant industry was a very enlightening experience. It consisted of meeting people from different regions throughout the world and generating unforgettable experiences. A typical day entailed a high volume environment, while dancing to music of all genres. Having the leisure to promote your individuality, while stimulating meaningful relationships within the workplace and with our consumers. The hardest part of working in the industry was the long hours on your feet, minimal breaks, and dealing with impolite individuals. Furthermore the operational management team lack communication skills, and were very ill-manner. Despite those areas of dissatisfaction I enjoyed working with Hard Rock Cafe, their corporation taught me how to communicate with persons from different culture backgrounds, and how to manage individual characteristic traits ( Love all serve all) , it help to professional refined me, and enhance my artistic judgement.
Pros
Community Outreach
Cons
No breaks
The managers, supervisors and co-workers are very nice and approachable.
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tamuning, GUJanuary 18, 2016
At my first month in the job, they are very strict to me, but when they found out that I'm very productive, responsible, and hard working employee. They became nice and fun to work with. I was given an opportunity to have free lunches.
Pros
Free lunches, very nice managers and supervisors
Cons
Not enough benefits
Adventurous
Housekeeping Supervisor / Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 1, 2016
Very adventurous and must keep my time management on track. My team respects me highly and keeping them motivated is a challenge. The most enjoyable is my team respects me at the end of the day.
Pros
Full time
Cons
Housekeeping