Hard Rock International

Hard Rock International Employee Reviews

It's a Retail Cafe not a restaurant
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 31, 2016
Not really about the food. The Retail store makes more money than the cafes. It's just ok to work there. Try to make a bonus?? Good Luck
Fun workplace
Supervisor Dual Rate (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSJanuary 21, 2016
Fun workplace,except when there was a change in management. Typical day opening tables, getting dealers onto thier games and greeting customers as they came onto the property.
Pros
customer service
Cons
change of mgt
6 years
LEAD SERVER (Former Employee) –  Mashantucket, CTJanuary 19, 2016
great job coworkers varied on their moods quite often. hard to work hard when some managers did not care and you cared more than them
Great culture and Management
Lead Hostess/Trainer (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 18, 2016
Loved Working here. Management was okay. Culture was great except for servers who at times were verbally abusive because they didn't' like feeling like you "Sat someone in another section" but at HRC clients can choose their seats.
chew you up and spit you out
CORPORATE TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYJanuary 2, 2016
Committed my skills, time and dedication for this company. Learning multiple roles within the different departments. Then i was tossed out like dirty mop water.
Overall a great experience
Regional Recruiter Eastern Division (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 29, 2015
Heavy turnover in the top leadership rolls while I was there . That caused many bad communication periods for the entire system. The people in the field do a great job to foster the business
Pros
Great international brand
Cons
leadership
Productive and fun workplace
Buzzer (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNDecember 28, 2015
Clock in, get my things ready. Get on the floor start cleaning, also greet costumers, run food to tables. Put music on the floor. It was a fun experience. I would go back and work for them.
Pros
There was music playing the whole time. Great co-workers, and a very great job to work at.
Cons
nothing
fun energetic environment
barback (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 26, 2015
come in to motivated and ready to entertain and take care of our guests. our management team gives us a forecast of what the day should be according to the type of events in store. prepare ourselves for the day in a timely fashion.
Pros
fun while working
Cons
dealing with difficult drunk people at times
great place to work at. make genuine friendships with people
Host and Server (Former Employee) –  TXDecember 14, 2015
awesome place to work.i had some of my best times and my worst but i wouldn't take it back for nothing. i learned a lot and experienced a lot and met and made friends with a lot of people that otherwise i wouldn't have met.
Good benefits but high stress
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Catoosa, OKNovember 12, 2015
Stressful but has excellent benefits.They provide free fruit,toast,cereal,fountain drinks and granola bars to employees.Excellent health care.They are perfectionist and expect you to do a thorough job in an unrealistic amount of time.
Good place for servers
SERVER AND SHIFT LEAD (Current Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNNovember 9, 2015
Great place to work! Great management, work ethics, and overall team. Good atmosphere, guest love it. Hard Rock Cafe is good!
Fun workplace
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IANovember 5, 2015
I loved working at Hard Rock Sioux city. They have a fun work place.
The management for table games cared about their dealers. The food provided for employees to purchase wasn't good but the work environment was excellent.
Pros
Good Team Members
Cons
Bad food services avaliable to employees
Best Job Ever
Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 23, 2015
I miss this job because I was always an adventure every single day at work. from the night clubs to Rehab pool parties it was amazing.
Good place to work, pay needs to be reevaluated
Hostess (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 14, 2015
Overall Hard Rock's culture as a company is awesome. The position that I am in doesn't pay nearly as much as it should. You have to deal with a lot of peoples problems and issues. Working in hospitality is a different ball game.
Pros
free lunch, good team atmosphere
Cons
Pay for your own parking
productive work place, clean and fun.
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 13, 2015
not a lot of team work and lazy inconsistant management. had lots of fun and great food. loved the guests and restaurant in all.
A very touristic workplace
Kiosk Attendant (on call) (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 10, 2015
My experience here wasn't as enjoyable as I would have liked, but only because I wasn't given much work. It was way too slow and inactive for me, so I felt like I was being very unproductive. It would only get very busy for a time on special events and busier on the weekends.

I learned about what it was that I wanted and which positions would have been much better for me in that particular setting. The management staff were very nice and sweet, and I got along with all the co-workers.

The hardest part of the job for me was having to stand there for long periods of time without doing anything. Luckily the job was only two times a week, but I didn't stay there for long since I figured it wasn't the best job for me.

The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to some of the other workers, like the security guards close to me and the breaks for lunch. Also, I got to work with merchandise and sell them! Aside from that, I got to see the different kinds of people that come into the Hard Rock Hotel Rehab pool whom I enjoyed greeting.
Pros
great lunch food, special event days at the pool, retailing experience
Cons
too slow of a position
A Typical Day At Work
Host (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 29, 2015
you will always meet new people from all over the world. some people will treat you nice others ill treat you like you below them cause you work thier
It was amazing.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSSeptember 22, 2015
I enjoyed working here. I would've stayed employed if I didn't move back to Michigan. Excellent place to work for. My coworkers all had very great and helpful personalities!
Fun Work Place
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 16, 2015
My co-workers were the best. Management would do anything to help employees out. The best part of my jb was workig with people i knew and trusted.
Great people with great attitude about life/culture
Accounts Receivable/General Cashier (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CASeptember 12, 2015
Very busy work place and because of the team,it is a fun place to make the busy work day go great. everyone helps another out.
Pros
Cons
Training Materials