Hard Rock International Employee Reviews

10 years of service terminated
Table Games Floor Manager (Pit Boss) (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSJuly 20, 2017
With any employer, they control your destiny. You could be a model employee that gave his/her blood, sweat, and tears for a company that could eliminate you tomorrow. That is the risk that employees take when working for someone else. There's no seniority at Hard Rock Biloxi. Everyone is equal. All is one! Nothing changes unless it directly affects upper management. The current ownership is sucking the place dry for all it's worth. It's sad and frustrating. This place has some amazing potential and it gets cast aside.
Productive and complete randomness to always look forward to
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 20, 2017
Log in and immediately start taking calls.
Learned how to make hotel reservations and sell concert tickets
Great Management
Friendly Co-Workers
Easy Job to do
Hardest part would be having to deal with angry callers
Pros
employee lunches
Cons
can be quiet, pay isn't that great
Good enviroment and awesome team members
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 19, 2017
I really enjoyed my time at the Hard Rock Cafe. The energy was always positive and all of my co-workers were awesome team members. I learned a lot enjoyed working with and meeting different people of different cultures. Management was on point and very resourceful.
Pros
Free Lunches, Taking Breaks at any time i pleased
Cons
Doubtful Supervisor
Very fast paced and organized work place.
Housekeeping Inspector (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 18, 2017
I learned so much while working here. A typical day at work is very fast paced, but I wouldn't want it any other way. I love keeping busy and you will definitely have that here.
table games fun
Poker Dealer (Former Employee) –  Catoosa, OKJuly 16, 2017
enjoyed time there. loved dealing poker and the whole invironment. never gets old very easy and good paying job. although it is seasonal sometimes....
Pros
money
Cons
shifts
Dysfunctional family
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 14, 2017
I loved worked at the Hard Rock! I mean it's the Hard Rock! The pay is pennies and they do not provide parking for employees. I paid $130 a month for parking to come to work. I understand I work DT SD. The managers are always there to help YOU but some of the employees are worthless and they don't do much about it. The insurance was great to have.
Pros
Dress code, location, friendly place
Cons
No parking, pay
Great working environment. Hard rock cafe is very organized.
Server (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJuly 13, 2017
I have been working at the Hard rock cafe as a server for a little over 2 months it has been a bit challenging but as time progresses it has gotten better, the establishment is very profound and organized and I like that about them.
Pros
Shifts are flexible, an employee is able to work more shifts than schedule or not work a shift if they are unable
Cons
No breaks are given unless doing a double, working as a server it's not always busy so therefore no tips.
a mixed cultural workplace with very professional collegues
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 12, 2017
a buzz bee place , responsible for prepping ingredients and assembling dishes according to restaurant recipes and specifications. Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff , answer, report and follow executive or sous chef's instructions.
Learned to work with different nationalities and mixed cultures while maintaining a professional perspective in work.
The management was very helpful in terms of well rounded training and instructions on our daily tasks.
A wholesome workplace with loud and energetic guests makes me say that this was so far the best experience in a workplace, with the whole team of staffs working accordingly to their assigned tasks and everybody is willing to help.
the hardest part of the job is bulk orders and preparation of food in the menu which needs focus and attention always not to make any mistake, overall pressure .
The most enjoyable part of the job is when i got commended by our supervisor on a job well done.
Pros
free food
Okay workplace
Payroll Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 12, 2017
Over the years Hard Rock has changed. New owners making change that will create a less productive company. Employees have no say in coming changes. The company culture changing from "Love all Serve all".
Pros
good perks, flexible work schedule
Four star review
Retail Trainer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 11, 2017
I love the fact that no matter where I moved to, if there was a Hard Rock there, they were willing to transfer me. I was at the San Diego, Las Vegas and Phoenix locations. The money could have been better, and they didn't offer benefits. Retail aspect was fun. I enjoyed the product. Sometimes there were long hours, and late nights. Overall though I enjoyed it.
Pros
People and product
Cons
Hours and compensation
Fun place to work
Marketing, Public Relations, and Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 11, 2017
Under the old ownership of Peter Morton. I learned so much and have so many fun experiences. Mostly worked with celebrities. Had 60 plus employees under me.
Hard Rock Hotel and Casino
Pit Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 10, 2017
It was very fun to work here. The Hard Rock employees are like family. I learned so many different job skills working here, because they let you transfer to different departments. The hardest part about the Pit job was when I was scheduled alone on busy weekend nights. The most enjoyable part of this job was getting to know the different people who visited and the people who worked there, like I said it was like a big huge family. It's been 5 yrs since I've worked there and still consider them as family. I had awesome health benefits and they had great employee dining room.
Pros
free paid lunch/excellent health benefits
Fast and Loud
Retail Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 10, 2017
If you are looking into working at a Hard Rock Cafe then be prepared the constantly ask, what? It is a loud working environment but lots of fun if you don't mind that kind of thing. Busy, busy, busy is how you are working here but the time does fly by
Pros
Fun, meet people from everywhere
Cons
Loud
Fast-paced, loving coworkers, and horrible guests
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 7, 2017
The environment is usually face-paced, especially since we were understaffed in the retail environment. Almost all employees got along exceptionally well. The only downside were the horrible guests who talked down to us employees because they are upset and feel as if they own the casino and everyone who works in it.
Pros
Benefits, Free lunches with healthy and different kinds of food, computers in break area
Cons
Lack of staff, poor management, and awful guests.
Good for experince
Security Officer, Dispatch and Command Center (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 6, 2017
Good place for work experience. Lots of customer service. good training by the police department and managers. Many opportunities for advancement. Not great pay but really good benefits.
Fun Place
Point of Sale CONTROLLER (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJuly 6, 2017
Fun place to work.
A lot of opportunity for advancement.
Competitive pay.
Positive environment.
Fun working with guests and employees.
Good benefits.
Fun to work at a busy casino
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Catoosa, OKJuly 5, 2017
I worked there for 8 years. Started with washing dishes when i was 18 and went to barbecuing when i turned 21 and 6 months later I was a bartender. I got to k ow a lot of people there and made a lot of friends. I made good money and got to bartend a lot of the concerts
Pros
Work with friends and meet alot of people.
Cons
Some5imes we would have to work through our breaks because it was busy.
Productive place to be
Porter (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 5, 2017
They make sure u get ur hours and stay on top of your job as you should. They provide plenty over time when they can. Breaks and management is great. It's a fun environment
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Some managers
Great Place to work.
STEWARD/DISHWASHER (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 4, 2017
Hard Rock Hotel is a great place to work. The full time benefits are good as well as work hours and pay. The only had issues with was management in my department due too most of the time, we are short handed in busy days due to people quitting and management unable to find potential employees in time for big events. Most superiors are friendly and understanding but no all. Overall, would recommend working there.
Pros
Free lunch with paid breaks, superiors are understanding and approachable, open door policy.
Cons
Give you full time hours without full time benefits, demanding job.
concrete truck driver
Concrete Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Green Cove Springs, FLJuly 4, 2017
long hours, fast deliveries. sometimes I may only go on 6 runs to different job sites and some days over 20+ to just one job site. enjoyable staff. owners showed appreciation for all employees. you saw the owners at-least 3 days a week. I learned how to form concrete, finish, and correct sump needed for the job site. loved all the other drivers we all enjoyed the work place. bad part is when the housing market took a dump and slowed the company down to much and had to shut down my plant to be able to stay open

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hard Rock International. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval