Hard Rock International Employee Reviews in United States

theme park fun
Cage Cashier (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 12, 2016
I really liked working at universal, it was always fun, meeting people from all over the world, guessing their accents and having conversation about what to see and where they would recommend when I go to visit, things always ran good for the most part, unless it rained and the outdoor rides had to close down , so keeping the guest happy in that aspect was a little challenging , but other than that it was always fun, the only thing I didn't like was when people would try to buy more then one beer and cause a fuss,, I worked there for a few years and was seasonal the whole time, never being moved up despite my being there longer then most cashiers who came after me
Pros
free admisson into the park, tickets every quarter, free parking
Cons
no benifits for seasonal people
The managers, supervisors and co-workers are very nice and approachable.
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tamuning, GUJanuary 18, 2016
At my first month in the job, they are very strict to me, but when they found out that I'm very productive, responsible, and hard working employee. They became nice and fun to work with. I was given an opportunity to have free lunches.
Pros
Free lunches, very nice managers and supervisors
Cons
Not enough benefits
Poor Work/Life Balance and no growth opportunities
Back of House Salaried Emploee (Former Employee) –  Northfield, OHSeptember 11, 2015
If you love working 10-12 hours a day, 7 days a week, then this is the place for you. Very little work/life balance. Your growth opportunities are few and far between. Very disappointing on how this is a multi-million dollar property and yet they run it like a mom and pop roadside casino. Very high turnover rate due to lack of management experience. Have seen a complete turnover in some departments in less than 2 years.
Pros
Seeing the neat Rock Memoribilia
Cons
Poor work/life balance, low wages, subpar benefits, mis-managed
productive work place
Labor worker (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 22, 2016
Was a good company. nice people to work with. Felt like i was underpaid for what i know about working with the company. Godd bosses but the benefits weren't very good and somewhat not affordable for me.
Pros
Nice cocworkers.
benefits
very good experience for my resume.
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Miami Fl.January 13, 2016
Hard Rock Hotels was my best work experience they were so friendly it was also the must beautiful work I'd had as Bookkeeper.
Pros
many benefits like free lunch, also a good bonus and the end of the year.
Cons
good health Insurance
Fun Environment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNJanuary 7, 2016
Fun environment but will never go back to work for them. The managers have horrible work ethics. They sure you get the minimum hours so you don't get your benefits and if you are truly sick they will make you work anyway
Pros
Could show my tattoos
Fun and laid back work environment
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLDecember 3, 2015
The Hard Rock has been a great place to work, there is generally a very fun and relaxed work environment unless it was holiday season or the summer. I worked at the Hard Rock through the company Balance Staffing.
Pros
Free lunch, benefits, frequent breaks
Cons
Compensation, rude guests/ managers
New property, unorganized, great potential
Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Stateline, NVOctober 31, 2015
It is a beautiful property and set in an amazing atmosphere. Short handed on management and the working management was overworked with doing 3-4 other jobs as well as their own. The property was not set up for success from the beginning and it was a tough adventure for the first year of operation. Opening any property is not an easy undertaking, but there can be a lot more preparation done and put in place to help ease the opening operation. No set ordering system, no set inventory system, purchasing department non existent, accounting dept very short handed and a lot not trained properly. Front desk very short handed and not trained properly, 3rd party EVS company and Housekeeping company did not care about their job and the Hard Rock do to being a 3rd party company. The ground floor employees are the glue to the Hard Rock and make it the rocking place it is. Their hard work and dedication made working there enjoyable and fun. The hardest part of the job was the un-organization from upper management and constantly having to work day to day on the fly. The pay, benefits, and vacation packages need to be seriously revamped and be more appealing.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
No provided meals, no hot food, convienence store style food, employee bathrooms horrible, uniform room closed on Sundays and Mondays
pretty good place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 6, 2016
Its a pretty good place to work. I made some friends there. Good benefits. They have vacation time very 8 months and you get a bonus every 6 to 7 months.
sometimes is fun but hardwork and stressful
Sales Associate/Registration (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLDecember 3, 2015
sometimes fun but very stressful and write up for everything and benefits to expensive but this is my experience as a floor attendant.
Pros
free lunch but most of the time not good
Cons
short breaks and second hand smoke and dont treat u right
Productive and enjoyable with free foods
Prep Cook (On the Job Training) (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 19, 2016
As a prep cook my role is to assist in the preparation of meals by chopping vegetables, making salads, and putting together entrees. Although this role generally does not include any cooking duties, I've learned how to become reliable and responsible on my task.The management were absolutely fantastic because they treated ll there employees fairly.All my co workers are friendly. And the most enjoyable part of the job was i can't feel that I'm tired because my co workers are very entertaining.
Pros
50% discount in all of there products
Fantastic place to work
Stage hand/Stage Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 8, 2015
The management team in the entertainment department is top notch. From the VP on down everybody is on the same page and there is direction always. There is no nonsense between employees and management and front line employees always act professional.
Pros
Free lunch, great benefits, awesome compensation, great people to work with, great people to work for.
Cons
Long hours, hard, physical labor
Used to be a great place to work
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 24, 2015
When I started 9 years ago, it was an amazing company to work for, but after getting bought by the Seminole Tribe out of Florida, not so much anymore. The direction of the company used to be about the people, culture and 100% guest focused. Now it's about how much money the Tribe can get to invest in their casinos.

Benefits are slowly getting striped away and they give themselves raises and put all hourly staff and managers on a pay freeze for two years to increase profits.

I am planning on leaving due to this. I hope they bring back what this company used to be.
Pros
Pay is good, unique place to work, locations all over the world.
Cons
Longer hours, lost vacation time, getting benefits cut.
Energetic atmosphere. Fun to work at.
Bartender/Server/Company Trainer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 7, 2015
Hard Rock Cafe was vry energetic. It was a delight to work for this company. we even got 401k and health benifits. thebest pat of the job was the fact that we got to listen to music throughout the shift. The hardest part was when we got busy and were trying to keep customrs happy while they waited. some would get angry if they had to wait a long time.
Good benefits but high stress
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Catoosa, OKNovember 12, 2015
Stressful but has excellent benefits.They provide free fruit,toast,cereal,fountain drinks and granola bars to employees.Excellent health care.They are perfectionist and expect you to do a thorough job in an unrealistic amount of time.
Lovely day at work
IS Support Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 25, 2016
Typical day: Make sure that all the terminals and computers were running correctly in every department on the property.

I did learn alot with all the different devices and programs we had to work with and if we didn't have the answer we had our own company wiki to help us

Management and co-workers in my department would let me know of the daily tasks that needed to be finished by the end of the night but didn't show recognition for my accomplishments for these.

The most enjoyable part of this job was communicating with other departments what was needed or just being social with employees.
Pros
Awesome employees outside my department, loved working with other departments, loved the hands on aspect when working on company property
Cons
Not always being informed on what was going on in my dept., necessity for more employees in my department
Dead end position
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Catoosa, OKMarch 21, 2016
The CSR position was fun at times, but at other times you had ridiculous customers and managers rarely backed you up, but it depends on who your manager was for that shift. While I appreciated the Security officers, some were on power trips and would treat you like you were one of the guests on crack or meth. A certain female security officer really needs to be demoted or fired because of how she treats others. All in all, this can be a good place to work, but only if you are Cherokee.
Pros
Free dinners when productions were high
Cons
Low wages
very fun with lots of perks
retail/customer service (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 11, 2016
the hard rock hotel treats all of their employees like family,everyone is friendly. management are pretty fair i have seen them give people so many chances. the hardest part of the job was having to work with employees who didn't respect each other. sometimes employees would show up really late or call in and they took advantage of me because i was new. also i would be careful not to use bathroom that aren't for employees one time i went to the bathroom after lunch and i was accused of smoking weed in the bathroom i was pulled out of work to get drug tested i was suspended for two weeks we i returned my test showed i had smoked no weed i got no apology and i was treated as if it was my fault however i loved the hard rock hotel it was a great experience and i would work there all over again if i had the chance.
Pros
free lunch, meeting celebs, hearing cool music.
Cons
security sucks
Entertaining environment
Cashier/Order Taker/Mini-Bar (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 29, 2015
The benefits were great overall. Getting sufficient hours to afford a lifestyle was efficient. Managers were more secure then employees and worked with a lower expectation then an employee underneath them. Favoritism was a big deal and it affected many situations. The line of communication from the employee to the HR staff was very little. And did not always stay anonymous as it should be. There is no grace period, however due to busy seasons the employees have to catch a shuttle from a off-site parking lot and sometimes the shuttles arrived late. This made the employee late and the employee was pointed for the lateness.
Pros
Free breakfast, lunch and dinner according to work schedule
Cons
Managers were complacent and had no care in the way they performed their jobs
Fun, and always different, with different people, and different singers
Casino Attendant (Former Employee) –  Catoosa, OKJuly 21, 2016
Hard Rock was a nice place to work for, there was always something different going on, always dealing with different people. A typical day was busy, lots of people, what I learned was operating new equip., and noticed how management, knew what needed cleaned, and knew the rules and regulations very well. The co-workers, were very nice, and very helpful, very easy to get along with. There were not any difficult job issues. The most enjoyable part of the job, was learning more about the job, and learning what, or who was coming to the Joint, performing, and or singing, Watching people with their actions, when they win.
Pros
Having the ability to see, minutes plus, a free concert.
Cons
Hourly wages

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hard Rock International. Our community is ready to answer.

Hard Rock International Reviews by Location