Hard Rock International Employee Reviews in United States

Fun atmosphere, great benefits, and alot of oppurtunity of growth within the company
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 7, 2016
Overall, I really enjoyed working at the Hard Rock Casino. Like every company it had its ups and downs but for the most part a lot of pros. The company itself was huge therefore the opportunity there was great! You were also offered a lot of benefits such as medical, dental, health, and also free meals in the EDR (employee dining room) during each shift.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Unorganization of a large environment
Energetic atmosphere with great guests interactions
Server (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 23, 2016
Fast pace environment with hard work and some fun. Co- workers are great and we engage a lot of team work. A typical day of work involve interacting with different type of people from all over the word. i learned how to work and deal different people with different personalities. What i enjoy the most about my job is watching people enjoy themselves and enjoy the atmosphere.
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun, and always different, with different people, and different singers
Casino Attendant (Former Employee) –  Catoosa, OKJuly 21, 2016
Hard Rock was a nice place to work for, there was always something different going on, always dealing with different people. A typical day was busy, lots of people, what I learned was operating new equip., and noticed how management, knew what needed cleaned, and knew the rules and regulations very well. The co-workers, were very nice, and very helpful, very easy to get along with. There were not any difficult job issues. The most enjoyable part of the job, was learning more about the job, and learning what, or who was coming to the Joint, performing, and or singing, Watching people with their actions, when they win.
Pros
Having the ability to see, minutes plus, a free concert.
Cons
Hourly wages
Avoid it
Servy (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 2, 2016
When I first started there was rumors everywhere about servers stealing cash tips. Never caught anyone myself but starts hostile. Front of the house managers were awful. Hired as a server some nights forced to be a busser or runner. Several employees quit or transferred cause of this. Other than Friday and Saturday the other nights you may not have a busser, runner or hostess. Management is extremely lazy and when booked conventions in house or concerts management does nothing to get room filled
Pros
Free food
Cons
Where do I start.
Busy and Fast Paced but Fun place to work
Sales & Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 23, 2016
Best place to get into the Hospitality Industry.
Fast paced and for sure you will always be busy, but at the same time is fun and the level of satisfaction at the end of the day of work is just amazing. Been able to use that platform to help and serve others is even greater. A great place to learn about Customer Service and Philanthropy.
Pros
People
Cons
Long hours of work taking time away from the family
Fun and fast-paced enviornment
Server (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 7, 2016
Working at Hard Rock has taught me how to keep my composure even when things are happening outside of my control. Being attentive and building rapport with my tables is vital to my success as a server. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing my guests are leaving happy because they just received great food and service.
Pros
Meeting new people, the food is fantastic, the money is great!
Cons
Work off tips
passion for work
Buffet Line Cook/ Banquet cook/job coach (Current Employee) –  Northfield, OHMay 28, 2016
an average day at work starts at about 730 i go in set up my line or station the line is to be set at 1045 because the buffet open up at 1100 in the morning.. some days i will be on prep in the back of the house which includes daily items needed for the buffet on second shift
Pros
cook new foods fun at work trying news things
Cons
management is not always on the same page when it comes to communication
Absolutely loved this job
Cocktail Server (Former Employee) –  Catoosa, OKMay 2, 2016
Cherokee Casino provides extensive training, competitive benefits, friendly management, and an exciting work environment. From serving drinks on the floor, to dropping your tips and bank in the cage, the entire staff is so helpful and delightful. If I had an opportunity to go back to work there, I would absolutely make a career out if. An amazing place to be an employee with so many advancement opportunities.
Great company to work for.
Casino Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Catoosa, OKJune 22, 2016
I would work there again. Very structured company and feels like family. I loved being a place where I could socialize with guest and you always have something to do. Very fast paced at times but is fun and your always learning something new. Working for a casino is a one of a kind job.
Pros
easy to move to move to different department
Cons
smoking environment
Terrible restaurant Pests and Rodants Everywhere
Busser/Host (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 29, 2016
It was a good job and atmosphere the on thing the made it unbearable was the management it really got disorganized to the point the lost to close to half of there employees within the sum of three months I liked my job an didn't really have any problems through out my experience and some great people and good friends
Pros
Had good staff
Cons
The managment was horrible

Want to know more about Hard Rock International?

Ask a question
Fun and relaxed envrionment
Retail Team Training Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 28, 2016
This job has really helped me grow as a person and helped make me the confident organized and detail oriented employee I am today. At the Hard Rock Store we were trusted and empowered to make small management decisions, I helped train new employees and made great relationships and lasting memories with the guests and coworkers.
Pros
Free lunches provided to employees, great coworkers
Cons
Limited hours when Part time during the slow months, Fulltime hours were still being cut during the slow months
Dead end position
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Catoosa, OKMarch 21, 2016
The CSR position was fun at times, but at other times you had ridiculous customers and managers rarely backed you up, but it depends on who your manager was for that shift. While I appreciated the Security officers, some were on power trips and would treat you like you were one of the guests on crack or meth. A certain female security officer really needs to be demoted or fired because of how she treats others. All in all, this can be a good place to work, but only if you are Cherokee.
Pros
Free dinners when productions were high
Cons
Low wages
very fun with lots of perks
retail/customer service (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 11, 2016
the hard rock hotel treats all of their employees like family,everyone is friendly. management are pretty fair i have seen them give people so many chances. the hardest part of the job was having to work with employees who didn't respect each other. sometimes employees would show up really late or call in and they took advantage of me because i was new. also i would be careful not to use bathroom that aren't for employees one time i went to the bathroom after lunch and i was accused of smoking weed in the bathroom i was pulled out of work to get drug tested i was suspended for two weeks we i returned my test showed i had smoked no weed i got no apology and i was treated as if it was my fault however i loved the hard rock hotel it was a great experience and i would work there all over again if i had the chance.
Pros
free lunch, meeting celebs, hearing cool music.
Cons
security sucks
theme park fun
Cage Cashier (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 12, 2016
I really liked working at universal, it was always fun, meeting people from all over the world, guessing their accents and having conversation about what to see and where they would recommend when I go to visit, things always ran good for the most part, unless it rained and the outdoor rides had to close down , so keeping the guest happy in that aspect was a little challenging , but other than that it was always fun, the only thing I didn't like was when people would try to buy more then one beer and cause a fuss,, I worked there for a few years and was seasonal the whole time, never being moved up despite my being there longer then most cashiers who came after me
Pros
free admisson into the park, tickets every quarter, free parking
Cons
no benifits for seasonal people
Provided learning experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 13, 2016
I have learned extremely hi pressure management of a high volume business. Aside from the bar, kitchen, and service areas, I now have experienced all management aspects of retail, private events, live music, and catering.
Pros
I enjoyed the overall experience, my staff, and my team.
Cons
The downfall was working until 4 a.m. 5 or 6 days a week at 60 hours a week.
very rewarding job and great meeting all calibers of people
casino dealer (Current Employee) –  Biloxi, MSMay 10, 2016
i know how to treat costumers , i consider myself a great dealer ,dealt a lot in high limits , get along very well with co workers ,learned many games.to hear costumers complaining and cussing when they loose their money . when players win and they thank you for doing a great job .
Cons
Exciting work environment with a fun culture
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Key West, FL and Seattle, WAFebruary 24, 2016
Hard Rock Cafe prides itself on being authentic in everything they do and working there you can see it everyday from how management relates to hourly eployees to how servers deal with guests, and how cooks treat the product they produce.
They have a strong tendency to promote from within which I applaud.
It is high volume and stress can run high, but at least there is some good music!
Pros
Exciting corporate culture, growth potential
Cons
high stress and high volume
cocktail server
Cocktail Server (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 20, 2016
the company does not care about your life outside of work.no matter what the occasion; school, kids, health issues weather...you need to be at work no excuses. although, the money is great and the employee relationships can be amazing!
Pros
money, free food and bonuses
Cons
HR treatment
Energetic, Loud and Fun
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Lahaina, HIMay 10, 2016
Walked into Guns and Roses blasting. All sorts of photo flashes throughout the building with memorabilia hanging on every possible available inch of the walls. So much rock and roll history and experiences being shared by the guest and employees back and forth. Live entertainment during the evenings as well as sold out chows/concerts. Managers were constantly aiding servers and chatting with guest about their experience in our café that was only one of 170. unlike myself, my coworkers (not all) had colorful hair and vibrant tattoos and outfits to match. If there ever was a difficult part of working there, it would have been speaking over a Metallica guitar solo while describing our daily catch platter. It was overall a very entertaining and fun venue to be a part of. Meeting all types of people fro around the world.
Pros
Free meals were common when I was the lead server.
Cons
Very little breaks on long shifts, some were 10 hours and longer.
Productive and fun place to work but not honest
Expo + Busser (Former Employee) –  NiagaraJune 11, 2016
Great place but did not play by the rules of the agreement. I was promised 40 hours a week and they gave me 20 and less. Colleges were awesome and very helpful
Pros
Fun people, good managers
Cons
Did not respect the agreement of 40 hours a week - gave me less

Hard Rock International Reviews by Location