Hard Rock International

Hard Rock International Employee Reviews

Enjoyed meeting new people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las VegasJune 4, 2015
 Maintain all floor manager and employee schedules; manage the multi-phone line systems as well as reviewing all outgoing and incoming correspondence, and updating and maintaining the office software and equipment.
 Assist managers with processing monetary transactions and “Comp” transactions for guests, making sure to properly record all exchanges and assure all actions are correctly performed and documented.
 Maintain record and control of stock items and supplies, managing document control functions and record keeping of activities performed, events held, and upcoming schedules and expected visitors of interest needing to be briefed to management.
I used to go home everyday, miserable
HOSTESS (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 3, 2015
Management started out wonderful until the GM was let go and they moved a new one in. All the great managers started leaving and Hard Rock hired a bunch of rude, sexist, micromanaging people to replace them. I was there for 2 years and never advanced out of host even though I had serving experience. They kept hiring from outside instead of in-house. I loved my coworkers but the place went downhill. Now they're gearing the whole brand towards kids when it never really was about kids. Except weekends when they try to turn the place into a club. So... its a daycare by day and a nightclub by night. Pick one Hard Rock! I quit on Valentine's Day when my GM walked over and started yelling at me in front of customers, then disregarded the wait list and started taking customers as walk ins when other people had been waiting. I wont be yelled at and disrespected anywhere. Last and certainly not least, I NEVER got breaks. I would be overtime 8+ hours without even a 5 minute break. I talked to the GM about it before but on Valentine's day at 9 hours without a break I had just had it with them. Used to be a fun place to work. Now its just a black hole. They don't care about worker's rights. I had a manager talk down to me on many occasions. He'd order me to close the doors as he stood in front of them with his arms crossed... as I was busy doing something at the time. But he couldn't close the doors himself. Every day I would go home upset over something he said or the way he talked to me like a piece of dirt. I was there for 2 years, never got a raise or even moved up in the company. HORRIBLE,  more... I repeat, HORRIBLE management.  less
Pros
50% discount
Cons
no hours, little pay
Wal Mart
management (Former Employee) –  Catoosa, OKMay 30, 2015
when you have a casino managed by a wal mart exec.
then expect it to be ran like a giant wal mart
departments spread apart with no communication
employees ideas always ignored.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
managed very poorly
company
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  tampa, floridaMay 24, 2015
good place to work so so. Always something new. There are no two days alike. the pay could be a lot better but its adequate

It is in my opinion under manned in key areas.
what can I say...
Sous Chef/Kitchen Supervisor, Swing Shift (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 23, 2015
The job was cool until you find yourself caring more than everyone else. It was 50/50 good and bad for me. Good because I love what I do and bad because management doesn't provide the proper support to help all aspects run as smooth as possible.
Fun work place
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 22, 2015
The hotel and cafe is a great combination for fun and thrills for the family, great sites, and also the food is fresh and hot served daily.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Fun and exciting workplace
Waitress, Marketing Assistant, Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 19, 2015
Four years of working in the restaurant industry was a very enlightening experience. It consisted of meeting people from different regions throughout the world and generating unforgettable experiences. A typical day entailed a high volume environment, while dancing to music of all genres. Having the leisure to promote your individuality, while stimulating meaningful relationships within the workplace and with our consumers. The hardest part of working in the industry was the long hours on your feet, minimal breaks, and dealing with impolite individuals. Furthermore the operational management team lack communication skills, and were very ill-manner. Despite those areas of dissatisfaction I enjoyed working with Hard Rock Cafe, their corporation taught me how to communicate with persons from different culture backgrounds, and how to manage individual characteristic traits ( Love all serve all) , it help to professional refined me, and enhance my artistic judgement.
Pros
Community Outreach
Cons
No breaks
Exciting and fun place to work.
Casino Host (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 6, 2015
My day consist of working with different personalities and situations. In which it helps me to be more rounded in dealing with problems that may affect our guests. Our management at Hard Rock is very caring, they are always willing to help with your personal life and business growth. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the smoke and the hours and the most enjoyable part of the job is servicing our guest and building a relationship with them.
Pros
Building customer relationships
Cons
Hours of operation.
Friendly and outgoing workplace
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Key West, FLMay 1, 2015
Greeting and seating customers and getting to know a little bit about them. Friendly work environment, all co-workers were very nice. Hardest part was when we were busy and most enjoyable part was meeting so many new people
It is a great place to work and advance your career in the gaming industry
Floor Attendant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 30, 2015
There is constant work to do and a full day once you start sometimes chaotic but overall very busy and a fun environment, the guests are great and understanding and help deliver that fun and exciting environment to work in. I learned many new ways to sanitize and clean different things and time management. My co workers are great to work with and we always had a great time at work. The hardest part of the job is when you have a disgruntled guest that has a problem with another guest or another employee and a mess ensues and usually its bad but the best part about it was we got to dance and sing in our departments and jam with the guests and that made it a great place to work and you got to meet so many new people daily.
Pros
Employee appreciation day/week every four months they would have giveaways and contests
Cons
healthcare was not that good was too expensive
The Hard Rock was a busy and exciting place to work.
Junket Coordinator/Casino Host (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSApril 27, 2015
My days were usually exciting and eventful. During my tenure I learned how to plan events and great time management. Most of the management team was fair and worked as a team. We put in a lot of hours, but we had fun working. I loved meeting new people from around the USA.
Pros
Meeting new people and planning special events.
Cons
Lots of hours.
Very good training, constant seminars to up your performance
Catoosa, OK-Banquet Captain (Former Employee) –  Catoosa, OKApril 13, 2015
My boss was a micro-manager that didn't care. I worked long days, and had split off days. Had I had a different boss that cared I would probably still be there.
I wont complain
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSApril 9, 2015
This was a great job for the moment, then management started changing very often and it no longer was a fun place to work. I appreciate the opportunity if nothing else
l
Cage cashier (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 26, 2015
its a little scary dealing with all that money. but over all its fun . pay is good . also have the best food for employees . learn new and different things but it not as hard as you would think
Great place to work.
Houseman (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSMarch 19, 2015
To work at Hard Rock was fun. When performing my assigned duties I was able to see and help others that were there to visit and try their hand at winning some money. I rejoiced when they would "hit".
Security
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  FLMarch 9, 2015
I worked here expecting advancement but never received any so I left the company. At least you get to listen to music all day.
Fun placed to work
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 7, 2015
It was the most unique work environment I've ever worked in. I got the opportunity to meet stars and some of the world's most successful business persons.
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
limited potential for advancement
Productivre and professional work place
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  UNIVERSAL BLVDMarch 2, 2015
. I Write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences. I Call police or fire departments in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons. I Circulate among visitors, patrons, and employees to preserve order and protect property.
Great Culture and Company Structure
Sales and Catering Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 25, 2015
As the sales and catering coordinator any live leads for catering or sales events and room blocks were qualified through me as I would then administer the leads out to the appropriate manager and then respond to client accordingly. I learned a lot about sales and revenue, as well as systems such as Delphi and Opera. The management team was very involved in all employee activity. Co-workers worked in a very close environment where everyone was actively working with one another. The hardest part of the job was tuning out in a high traffic area, near the printer and around a hand full of chatter boxes although that was also my favorite part of working there. I loved my co-workers and for some individuals like myself, noise is just a golden as silence.
Pros
free lunches
Productive and fun rock star lifestyle
Server (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 24, 2015
Fun place to work for those with minimal responsibility looking for an adventure where you can meet all types of interesting people.