Hard Rock International Employee Reviews in United States

Great company to work for.
Casino Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Catoosa, OKJune 22, 2016
I would work there again. Very structured company and feels like family. I loved being a place where I could socialize with guest and you always have something to do. Very fast paced at times but is fun and your always learning something new. Working for a casino is a one of a kind job.
Pros
easy to move to move to different department
Cons
smoking environment
Terrible restaurant Pests and Rodants Everywhere
Busser/Host (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 29, 2016
It was a good job and atmosphere the on thing the made it unbearable was the management it really got disorganized to the point the lost to close to half of there employees within the sum of three months I liked my job an didn't really have any problems through out my experience and some great people and good friends
Pros
Had good staff
Cons
The managment was horrible
False Job Discriptions / Fails to recognize employees
Manager (Current Employee) –  Stateline, NVJune 11, 2015
Hard Rock is a brand driven by gimmicks. When first hired I was told a lot of things and those things ended up not being true. They dont pay well and the benefits are horrible.

Watch out for false promises and the gimmick of "being an individual" which are false.
Pros
location
Cons
benefits, pay, management, warner hospitality
The Only Reason To Work Here Is For The Benefits.
Mini Bar Associate (Former Employee) –  Catoosa, OKFebruary 10, 2015
Everyday at this place is new drama. It's crazy that I found somewhere to work with more drama than high school. Management is always shifting so there are always new rules and a lot of the managers don't have any idea about the department they just came to have charge over. Promotion in this place is a joke. The joke is that it doesn't exist. The only reason to work at a place like this, where there is so much drama and the managers could care less about their department is for the benefits.
Pros
healthcare, 401k
Cons
terrible management, no chance of promotion.
Fun place with fun people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 14, 2016
A typical day was proactive depending in which department you worked in: vault, high roller, front line, chip marker bank, etc. I learned many accounting skills and customer service in an entertainment industry environment. My co-workers were the best, few disputes amongst the overall staff. Hardest part of the day was hoping your bank balanced. My greatest memory was representing The Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino onboard the float in the annual Gasparrilla Parade held in Tampa.
Pros
Free lunch served in the Cafe 24 hours a day and the ability to work lots of OT
Cons
The smoke-filled environment
Hard Rock Casino
Advertising (Current Employee) –  Biloxi MSAugust 20, 2015
Wonderful place to work with great benefits, 401K, time off. Fun entertainment, clean environment, great philanthropy
very rewarding job and great meeting all calibers of people
casino dealer (Current Employee) –  Biloxi, MSMay 10, 2016
i know how to treat costumers , i consider myself a great dealer ,dealt a lot in high limits , get along very well with co workers ,learned many games.to hear costumers complaining and cussing when they loose their money . when players win and they thank you for doing a great job .
Great culture and Management
Lead Hostess/Trainer (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 18, 2016
Loved Working here. Management was okay. Culture was great except for servers who at times were verbally abusive because they didn't' like feeling like you "Sat someone in another section" but at HRC clients can choose their seats.
Provided learning experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 13, 2016
I have learned extremely hi pressure management of a high volume business. Aside from the bar, kitchen, and service areas, I now have experienced all management aspects of retail, private events, live music, and catering.
Pros
I enjoyed the overall experience, my staff, and my team.
Cons
The downfall was working until 4 a.m. 5 or 6 days a week at 60 hours a week.
cocktail server
Cocktail Server (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 20, 2016
the company does not care about your life outside of work.no matter what the occasion; school, kids, health issues weather...you need to be at work no excuses. although, the money is great and the employee relationships can be amazing!
Pros
money, free food and bonuses
Cons
HR treatment
poor mangment
Server/busser/food runner (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FlJune 22, 2015
I would come in at 11 and take orders, I did learn a lot but the management was horrible. I was part time but they had me working full and would not give me benefits i deserved
Pros
free food, nice people
Cons
hours, benefits, managers
Productive and fun place to work but not honest
Expo + Busser (Former Employee) –  NiagaraJune 11, 2016
Great place but did not play by the rules of the agreement. I was promised 40 hours a week and they gave me 20 and less. Colleges were awesome and very helpful
Pros
Fun people, good managers
Cons
Did not respect the agreement of 40 hours a week - gave me less
Great guys to work with
laborer (Current Employee) –  Jackson, mi, 49203February 25, 2016
Every day is an adventure. The planing is not always directed very well to each employee.
Hardest part of the job is never knowing how long you will be working for or where u are working.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Bad management and company organization
Nice place, fun job
Revenue Audit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Northfield, OHJanuary 5, 2015
The location is new clean and very modern. Never felt unsafe or uncomfortable like some gaming locations I have been. The benefits are outstanding. The pay is generally pretty fair depending on your position. The most difficult aspect of working here is that the location is still very new and therefor a lot of policies are still being ironed out and change monthly if not weekly. This tends to cause some friction between management and line level employees and between departments when it comes to who is responsible for what. Server outfits are a bit skimpy (tiny mini skirts and low cut corsets), apply for cafe instead of beverage server if that is something that makes you uncomfortable. Lots of friendly people on the line level. Executives are very very approachable and are actually involved with the staff. Hard Rock as a company is very fun to work for.
Pros
great benefits, open door with upper management
Cons
no holidays off- business is 24/7. department policies still being set
Hard environment to work in, but great coworkers and bosses.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 1, 2016
Great company environment. Everyone you work with is friendly and understanding, the bosses especially so. Hard job, but made much better because of my superiors.
Pros
Nice people all around.
Cons
Short to no breaks on shift.
Hostess
Hostess (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 25, 2016
I enjoy working at the Hard Rock Cafe. The pay is decent. They offer the opportunity for growth and advancement. Its an easy job to learn.
Fun working in a casino seting
Banquet Supervisor / Asst Mgr (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLMay 13, 2016
I made my job fun by having constant interaction with all guests at the Hotel and Casino.
Did learn much about the casino Industry.
Senior Management in my division was not open to inovation
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
inconsistency on scheduling
Productive and a great place to work.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 28, 2015
A typical day at work is pretty busy. Everyone is busy with their own assignment wither its on the line working on the orders or in the back prepping for banquets and for the restaurant. I learned many things form working there. I learned how to use the fryer, and the grill. Inside Expo was a bit challenging to learned but I was great to blurt out the orders. working with my co-works was my most enjoyable part of working there. they want you to learn, succeed with what your doing.
Pros
free lunch, atmosphere
Cons
waiters, hardley any comunications with outside Expo and waiters
High Turnover
Server (Former Employee) –  Catoosa, OKMarch 10, 2016
I worked there for two years, and approximately 10 people quit or were fired. Always wonder if you are next. Owners are out of touch with reality.
Loved it till the end
Server/ Lead Server (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 4, 2016
i worked long hours
made good money
it was a good atmosphere
managers were ok
team-mates were amazing
typically make 100-200 a shift
hardest part of the job is dealing with the foreigners
Pros
good money, great team
Cons
long shifts, bad guests

Hard Rock International Reviews by Location