Harden Healthcare Employee Reviews

Bias against certain people
Branch Director (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 19, 2017
Experienced certain discrimination. Management wasn't professional and was allowed to jeopardize certain legal actions that could be levied against the company.
Pros
close to home
Cons
poor management
Overview
National Hospice Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 16, 2017
Harden Healthcare was an exceptional place to work. They cared about their patients and employees. The company was bought by Gentiva and some functions were relocated to other locations.
Home Health
Assist in taking vital signs and ADL (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXJune 14, 2017
I really like working for this company. If you like to travel to make money with clients. Bad side to me is home health doesn't pay enough if you're not a nurse etc...
a fun place to work in including free coffee and great managment
Payroll & Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 15, 2017
Harden Healthcare is a strong company who provides extensive training to their employees and always encourages individual growth whether it be with cross training or additional formal education.
Pros
Office moral is always upbeat and lively
Cons
Compensation and job benefits are not the best for their employees.
Was a great company to work for
HRIS Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 19, 2016
Environment was more like family - people from different departments wanting to work together for a common goal. Sorry the company was sold. Work work with any of my former co-workers any time.
Pros
Family Environment
Cons
Company was sold
Sad
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXNovember 22, 2016
Over worked, underpaid, and poor management. Their focus was on how much money to make more so than quality patient car.
Pros
Monday thru friday work hours
Cons
poor management, no morale
Corporate Employee
Corporate Employee (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 1, 2015
Great team and great leadership. It was a pleasure working with each group within the corporate office. I have nothing, but good things to say about this company.
Great company with great people.
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IASeptember 22, 2014
My typical work week was calling on hospitals, skilled facilities and physicians offices selling long term care pharmacy. Our company was purchased by another company and that is why I am looking for another position.
Pros
Flexible and a very relaxed environment.
Cons
Medicare reimbursement was always a problem.
Learned a lot from the nurses and the physcians here.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harker Heights, TXAugust 28, 2014
Provided a different kind of care from EMS, I found care provided to be more long-term care.
Pros
Having a report with the patients.
Cons
When a patients expires.
Employees are valued at the workplace
Transitional Health Coach/Utilization Reviewer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 1, 2014
A typical day would be at least one meeting, reviewing an analyzing data/patient charts, reducing re-admission rates for HCA hospitals, patient contact/care, case management. My co-workers and staff members are friendly and are easily accessible.

I enjoy helping others and assisting them with their transitions from the hospital to their home (appropriate DME, education, reporting to pt MD r/t change in condition and pre-authorizations). Patient care is real important to me.

The hardest part of the job, is having to deny a patient of any procedure needed.
Pros
I love everything about the job. I work from home approximately 2-3 days out of the week.
Cons
N/a
Harden was acquired by Gentiva
Hospice Specialist (Current Employee) –  denverJuly 7, 2014
Since the acquisition, transition has been difficult for all employees and management. The clinicians and administration are all wonderful people, but have had different objectives from numerous corporate executive on how to handle the changes. Due to this, it has not been a smooth, nor easy process.
Prior to Gentiva takeover Harden was a caring loving company
Event Coordinator/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  USMay 14, 2014
Prior to Gentiva buyout Harden cared about the employees and the care they gave otheres
Pros
Rewarding work
Cons
Poor work life balance
Great Company
Recruiting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 3, 2014
Harden Healthcare was a great company with a motivated HR staff. Hard working, go getting staff, which was very focus on not only, bring in a good candidate but the right fit for each position.
Harden Values define it's culture
Accounts Payable and Purchasing Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TexasNovember 10, 2013
Harden was a wonderful place to work. I loved the atmosphere and that the company did a lot for it's pts.
Work weekends & holidays
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 29, 2013
Management is hypocritical, treats employees unfairly, only way to be on good side is by being a brown-noser.
Harden Healthcare has a wonderful Corporate Services team
PeopleSoft Sr. Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 10, 2013
I was very luck to work with the team at Harden. They were very knowledgeable people in the respective areas and we all worked very hard together to get projects completed on time and on budget,.
Great place to work and People to work with
Telecommunications Tech/Network Admin (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 4, 2013
This job has given me the opportunity to grow in the IT field, giving me a chance to learn new technologies by learning from people around me and from mistakes.
Pros
Doughnut Fridays, Co-Workers
High volume and fast pace work place
Accounts Payable Specialist, Finance (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 3, 2013
A typical work day at the office is very fast paced making sure all invoices that come across my desk is properly coded and entered for processing. I have learned so much while at Harden. My manager and supervisor are two of the most commited, professional and talented works I have meet. The most enjoyable part of my job is learning something new everyday. There is and will never be the same day repeated.
Great company dedicated to excellent patient care!
Hospice Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 26, 2013
National organization with corporate offices in Austin, Texas.
Healthcare organization dedicated to quality patient care
Hospice Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 25, 2013
Texas-based company built from the ground up with lots of talented professionals with locations throughout the United States. Lines of business include LTC, Assisted Living, Memory Care, Home Health, Hospice, PT, OT, ST, Pharmacy and in-home care. Company will be aquired by Gentiva within the next 30-45 days.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harden Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.