Harden Healthcare

Harden Healthcare Employee Reviews in United States

Corporate Employee
Corporate Employee (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 1, 2015
Great team and great leadership. It was a pleasure working with each group within the corporate office. I have nothing, but good things to say about this company.
Employees are valued at the workplace
Transitional Health Coach/Utilization Reviewer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 1, 2014
A typical day would be at least one meeting, reviewing an analyzing data/patient charts, reducing re-admission rates for HCA hospitals, patient contact/care, case management. My co-workers and staff members are friendly and are easily accessible.

I enjoy helping others and assisting them with their transitions from the hospital to their home (appropriate DME, education, reporting to pt MD r/t change in condition and pre-authorizations). Patient care is real important to me.

The hardest part of the job, is having to deny a patient of any procedure needed.
Pros
i love everything about the job. i work from home approximately 2-3 days out of the week.
Cons
n/a
Harden Healthcare
Healthcare Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 23, 2013
During my time at Harden I learned a great deal about recruiting, time management, and professionalism. The work environment was very collaborative and team-oriented. In this role, I managed over 100 open positions and recruited therapists in the field of home health, including physical therapists, speech therapists, occupational therapist, and their assistants. I utilized various social media sites, job boards, and attended recruiting events to source qualified candidates.
Pros
good pto and benefits
Cons
was acquired by another company
Need better Management
MDS Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TxAugust 16, 2013
I am a former employee that did MCR/MCD. I had the responsibility for completing both medicare and medicaid MDS, doing data processing, keeping up with the restorative program, monitoring nsg documentation. I had no help with any of this. They expected me to do all this on my own. It was too much for one person. There is very poor leadership with this company. They don't care about their employees. All this company cares about is themselves. I will never work for this company again and I recommend that no one else does either.
Pros
lunches
Cons
very poor leadership from the top all the way to the bottom
Fast paced, Multi-tasking office!!
Business Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Central TexasJune 27, 2012
Overall, my days consist of families stopping in with questions, multiple weekly meetings to prepare for and attent, complete general paperwork in a timely manner, all in addition to working my weekly A/R payor aging.

Time management is my most valuable tool. It is key to stay focused on the goal for the day/week/month/year.

My favorite part of my job is the team I work with. We are a strong team, and know we can count on each other.

The most difficult part of my job is processing the loss of a patient, and the financial pressure.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
work some weekends
Went sour in 2012
Nurse case manager (Former Employee) –  Texas gulf coastFebruary 16, 2013
After a change in upper management in 2012, they had a HUGE layoff (lost about 1/3 of our staff). Remaining staff was expected to absorb all those duties with no additional compensation. Management did not listen/respond to any concerns from the clinical staff. Work became a nightmare and quickly the remaining employees left to find other jobs.
Pros
flexible scheduling, great patients
Cons
no support from upper management, not enough time with patients
Rewarding position - assisting users in medical field to maintain continuous computer services
IT Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 28, 2012
Working with users across the US with Hardware and Software issues is challenging yet rewarding. They are so appreciative to have help they know they can turn to when problems arise.

Typical office politics, especially with management. Favorites are placed on pedestals and receive preferental treatment while the real performers continue to toil with no recognition and possible demotion.
Pros
medical time off - easily approved
Cons
some supervisors have no clue about management
Management Clearly Needs to Improve Communication Skills
Director (Former Employee) –  TXAugust 3, 2012
I worked back and forth between two different offices. I was only supposed to cover one office. I "temporarily" helped to cover both. I walked into a nightmare and they (upper management) knew it was a chaotic mess. They thought I should have been able to straighten the whole mess out even though I was only supposed to be in one place and most of the existing staff had no prior HH experience. VERY POOR Leadership. Rude and self-important. Really need interpersonal skills training.
Pros
ok compensation and benefits
Cons
poor leadership
Harden was acquired by Gentiva
Hospice Specialist (Current Employee) –  denverJuly 7, 2014
Since the acquisition, transition has been difficult for all employees and management. The clinicians and administration are all wonderful people, but have had different objectives from numerous corporate executive on how to handle the changes. Due to this, it has not been a smooth, nor easy process.
Fun people to work with
Payroll Clerk (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 25, 2012
Harden Healthcare is a great company to work for. I typical day at work is busy, I have been there for four years and I am still learning new things. I am asked to learn new things a lot. The hardest part of the job is getting everything entered on time for the end of a payroll run. The most enjoyable part is the people I work with, we all get along.
Pros
the people i work with
Cons
nothing
Healthcare organization dedicated to quality patient care
Hospice Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 25, 2013
Texas-based company built from the ground up with lots of talented professionals with locations throughout the United States. Lines of business include LTC, Assisted Living, Memory Care, Home Health, Hospice, PT, OT, ST, Pharmacy and in-home care. Company will be aquired by Gentiva within the next 30-45 days.
Wonderful place to work.
TRISUN Accounts Payables Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 25, 2012
*A typical day stared early stamping in mail, putting in order, weeding out what did not need to be there, coding invoices and scanning them into Image now for Data Entry, keying in all invoices and cutting checks once a week.
* I learned how to keep coding seperate but accurate for 26 seperate facilities.
* Provided great customer service skills for all of the facilities.
* My immediate Supervisor was the bomb - I miss her dearly.
* I was lead over two other AP Rep's and I guess the toughest part of the job was being the go-between because their personalities clashed.
* I loved the busyness of the work. I NEVER had time to be still, there was ALWAYS something that had to be done.
** Most enjoyable job I have EVER had.
Pros
good, christian atmosphere; gave back to the community.
Cons
that i had to leave to re-locate. i have nothing bad to say about this company.
Harden Healthcare has a wonderful Corporate Services team
PeopleSoft Sr. Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 10, 2013
I was very luck to work with the team at Harden. They were very knowledgeable people in the respective areas and we all worked very hard together to get projects completed on time and on budget,.
Learned a lot from the nurses and the physcians here.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harker Heights, TXAugust 28, 2014
Provided a different kind of care from EMS, I found care provided to be more long-term care.
Pros
having a report with the patients.
Cons
when a patients expires.
Great place to work and People to work with
Telecommunications Tech/Network Admin (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 4, 2013
This job has given me the opportunity to grow in the IT field, giving me a chance to learn new technologies by learning from people around me and from mistakes.
Pros
doughnut fridays, co-workers
Great place to work if you want to work very long hours
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 1, 2012
 Perform month-end closing procedures for Hospice Department with a monthly revenue of $10M plus
 Utilized PeopleSoft accounting software daily, including query design
 Reconciliations of G/L to sub-ledger, actual to budget, operating and payroll bank accounts
 Assist with the preparation for annual, statutory, and special focus audits
 Prepare adhoc reports and perform adhoc analysis for controllers
 Responsible for automating collection and upload of data from many subsystems to Peoplesoft through MS Access interfaces
 Perform monthly accruals for various expenses
 Prepare and enter journal entries including intercompany and elimination transactions
 Perform monthly financial analysis of 72 branches statewide and report findings to management
 Work with internal and external auditors to maintain SOX compliance
 Any other miscellaneous or special projects assigned
Pros
laid back environment
Cons
work most weekends and many hours
Prior to Gentiva takeover Harden was a caring loving company
Event Coordinator/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  USMay 14, 2014
Prior to Gentiva buyout Harden cared about the employees and the care they gave otheres
Pros
rewarding work
Cons
poor work life balance
Wonderful place to work
RN Referrals and Admissions, Assistant to Director (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TXAugust 3, 2012
I was given the opportunity to enhance management skills as well as learn more of the business side of hospice.
Pros
great people to work with and for!
Cons
too far from my home.
Great Company
Recruiting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 3, 2014
Harden Healthcare was a great company with a motivated HR staff. Hard working, go getting staff, which was very focus on not only, bring in a good candidate but the right fit for each position.
Very rewarding job
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Oelwein, IAJune 30, 2013
This is a very good job for people with a busy schedule. You get paid by appointment, no matter how long the appointment takes you to do. You are able to work independently and get to know the people you serve on a more personal level, which is great. The supervisors are not directly there, but are available to support you if you need to get in touch with them.
However, if the weather is bad it is almost impossible to be able to call in. I work with someone who only has one other staff person in the area and the others live at least an hour out of town. That being said, there is only really one person I can call for relief if I unexpectedly have an emergency and the management won't let you just not go to your appointment, which is understandable as the people you serve need help, HOWEVER, they management should have a more reliable back-up plan for when staff emergencies occur.
Pros
pay, flexibility, independence, building relationships with the consumers, excellent training
Cons
you are sometimes out of luck if you need to call in during certain situations