Harden Healthcare Employee Reviews

Was a great company to work for
HRIS Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 19, 2016
Environment was more like family - people from different departments wanting to work together for a common goal. Sorry the company was sold. Work work with any of my former co-workers any time.
Pros
Family Environment
Cons
Company was sold
Sad
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXNovember 22, 2016
Over worked, underpaid, and poor management. Their focus was on how much money to make more so than quality patient car.
Pros
Monday thru friday work hours
Cons
poor management, no morale
Corporate Employee
Corporate Employee (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 1, 2015
Great team and great leadership. It was a pleasure working with each group within the corporate office. I have nothing, but good things to say about this company.
Learned a lot from the nurses and the physcians here.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harker Heights, TXAugust 28, 2014
Provided a different kind of care from EMS, I found care provided to be more long-term care.
Pros
Having a report with the patients.
Cons
When a patients expires.
Employees are valued at the workplace
Transitional Health Coach/Utilization Reviewer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 1, 2014
A typical day would be at least one meeting, reviewing an analyzing data/patient charts, reducing re-admission rates for HCA hospitals, patient contact/care, case management. My co-workers and staff members are friendly and are easily accessible.

I enjoy helping others and assisting them with their transitions from the hospital to their home (appropriate DME, education, reporting to pt MD r/t change in condition and pre-authorizations). Patient care is real important to me.

The hardest part of the job, is having to deny a patient of any procedure needed.
Pros
I love everything about the job. I work from home approximately 2-3 days out of the week.
Cons
N/A
Harden was acquired by Gentiva
Hospice Specialist (Current Employee) –  denverJuly 7, 2014
Since the acquisition, transition has been difficult for all employees and management. The clinicians and administration are all wonderful people, but have had different objectives from numerous corporate executive on how to handle the changes. Due to this, it has not been a smooth, nor easy process.
Prior to Gentiva takeover Harden was a caring loving company
Event Coordinator/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  USMay 14, 2014
Prior to Gentiva buyout Harden cared about the employees and the care they gave otheres
Pros
Rewarding work
Cons
Poor work life balance
Great Company
Recruiting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 3, 2014
Harden Healthcare was a great company with a motivated HR staff. Hard working, go getting staff, which was very focus on not only, bring in a good candidate but the right fit for each position.
Work weekends & holidays
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 29, 2013
Management is hypocritical, treats employees unfairly, only way to be on good side is by being a brown-noser.
Harden Healthcare has a wonderful Corporate Services team
PeopleSoft Sr. Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 10, 2013
I was very luck to work with the team at Harden. They were very knowledgeable people in the respective areas and we all worked very hard together to get projects completed on time and on budget,.
Great place to work and People to work with
Telecommunications Tech/Network Admin (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 4, 2013
This job has given me the opportunity to grow in the IT field, giving me a chance to learn new technologies by learning from people around me and from mistakes.
Pros
Doughnut Fridays, Co-Workers
Great company dedicated to excellent patient care!
Hospice Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 26, 2013
National organization with corporate offices in Austin, Texas.
Healthcare organization dedicated to quality patient care
Hospice Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 25, 2013
Texas-based company built from the ground up with lots of talented professionals with locations throughout the United States. Lines of business include LTC, Assisted Living, Memory Care, Home Health, Hospice, PT, OT, ST, Pharmacy and in-home care. Company will be aquired by Gentiva within the next 30-45 days.
Harden Healthcare
Healthcare Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 23, 2013
During my time at Harden I learned a great deal about recruiting, time management, and professionalism. The work environment was very collaborative and team-oriented. In this role, I managed over 100 open positions and recruited therapists in the field of home health, including physical therapists, speech therapists, occupational therapist, and their assistants. I utilized various social media sites, job boards, and attended recruiting events to source qualified candidates.
Pros
Good PTO and benefits
Cons
Was acquired by another company
Good Company
Team Lead - Purchasing (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 20, 2013
Good company to work for. Management takes time to listen to your needs and gives coaching needed to succeed.
Lead Payroll Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austin texasAugust 22, 2013
Processing Paychecks daily, assist the field on daily task.
Need better Management
MDS Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TxAugust 16, 2013
I am a former employee that did MCR/MCD. I had the responsibility for completing both medicare and medicaid MDS, doing data processing, keeping up with the restorative program, monitoring nsg documentation. I had no help with any of this. They expected me to do all this on my own. It was too much for one person. There is very poor leadership with this company. They don't care about their employees. All this company cares about is themselves. I will never work for this company again and I recommend that no one else does either.
Pros
Lunches
Cons
Very poor leadership from the top all the way to the bottom
Rewarding job and work environment
Bereavement Program Coordinator  (Current Employee) –  Tomball, TXJuly 18, 2013
I work independently and manage my time effectively. I am responsible for the bereaved families of two our or Houston area offices, totaling 500 families.

Very rewarding job
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Oelwein, IAJune 30, 2013
This is a very good job for people with a busy schedule. You get paid by appointment, no matter how long the appointment takes you to do. You are able to work independently and get to know the people you serve on a more personal level, which is great. The supervisors are not directly there, but are available to support you if you need to get in touch with them.
However, if the weather is bad it is almost impossible to be able to call in. I work with someone who only has one other staff person in the area and the others live at least an hour out of town. That being said, there is only really one person I can call for relief if I unexpectedly have an emergency and the management won't let you just not go to your appointment, which is understandable as the people you serve need help, HOWEVER, they management should have a more reliable back-up plan for when staff emergencies occur.
Pros
Pay, flexibility, independence, building relationships with the consumers, excellent training
Cons
You are sometimes out of luck if you need to call in during certain situations
Went sour in 2012
Nurse case manager (Former Employee) –  Texas gulf coastFebruary 16, 2013
After a change in upper management in 2012, they had a HUGE layoff (lost about 1/3 of our staff). Remaining staff was expected to absorb all those duties with no additional compensation. Management did not listen/respond to any concerns from the clinical staff. Work became a nightmare and quickly the remaining employees left to find other jobs.
Pros
flexible scheduling, great patients
Cons
no support from upper management, not enough time with patients

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harden Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9