Hardin Memorial Hospital

Hardin Memorial Hospital Employer Reviews

Fast past environment
Certified Nurse Aide (Current Employee), Elizabethtown, KYJanuary 29, 2015
Take care of patient personal needs and answer call lights. Work under a team of nurses and follow orders while working as a team. Help strengthen patients with encouragement. Chart all inputs and outputs, also activity of patients. Report all problems to the charge nurse.
great company
Enviromental Services / Housekeeper (Current Employee), Kenton, OHJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: family feel
Great place to work. I started out part time then advanced to a fulltime position. The company values their employees as much as they do the patients we serve. I like the fact that the highest of management will take the time to say Hello. The company offers incentives,bonus, and employee dinners. The best company I have worked for from a benefits standpoint example paid holidays,annivarsary, birthday, floating holiday.
Great place to work!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Elizabethtown, KYDecember 14, 2014
Great place, friendly staff. Cafeteria has little to be desired, but overall a decent hospital.
Good management. Nice coworkers.
Nurse (Current Employee), Elizabethtown, KYDecember 8, 2014
I like working at HMH. Staffing is often inadequate for the nurse/patient ratio.
Great co-workers and good management.
Pay is low for part time and full time staff. Comparable for PRN staff.
More about who you know than what you know
Doesn't really matter (Former Employee), Elizabethtown, KYNovember 22, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: lack of experience, who you know not what you know
Experience, even though listed on the job description, isn't really all that important if you know someone that works there or if you have family working there. People are allowed to move into positions that they are not trained for or have any experience with simply because they have been working there for a while or have friends in higher places. This applies to all departments and positions within the hospital.
Some departments have people working in them that have no formal training, education or experience in the area that they are working in.
Coworkers are friendly and helpful.
Patient Transporter (Former Employee), Elizabethtown, KYNovember 7, 2014
Hardin Memorial is a well-kept work environment, with involved and concerned management, a periodic census to gather employee opinions, and many option to further your education/career.
fast-paced environment
RN (Current Employee), Elizabethtown, KYOctober 9, 2014
Working on a med-surg/telemetry unit I have been able to care for patients of every age as well as a variety of disease processes, including pre/post op care of surgery patients, heart monitored patients and end of life care.
The hardest part of my current position is trying to be everywhere I am needed on a daily basis as well as charge nurse responsibilities with a patient load of 4-6pts.
The most enjoyable part of my job is caring for patients, explaining upcoming procedures/tests or discussing treatments or expected outcomes.
Enjoyed working in a hopital setting.
Patient Financial Counselor (Former Employee), Elizabethtown, KYSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: working with so many wonderful people and meeting a lot of patients.
Cons: sometimes there was not a program or discount that suited their needs.
A typical day at work involved seeing many patients and helping any way I could to manage their accounts with Hardin Memorial. I learned helping patients was very rewarding. I enjoyed working with all my co-workers and have maintained relationships with them. The hardest part of my job was being unable to help every patient. It broke my heart when they clearly needed help and my hands were tied. The most enjoyable part of my job was to help someone and put a smile on their face and in a lot of cases would get hugs because it took a burden off their shoulders.
IF TRAINING IS WHAT U ARE LOOKING FOR THEY HAVE IT ,IF YOUR WILLING TO LEARN.
Phlebotomist and Register (Current Employee), Elizabethtown, KYAugust 24, 2014
Pros: good health insurance, hr personal and fee visits to the nurse if you are sick.
Cons: no more free tea or coffee, large workload
DUE TO CUT BACKS PEOPLE ARE LOSEING THEIR JOBS AND GETTING PAYCUTS. SO YOU WILL HAVE MORE OF A WORKLOAD, POINT SYSTEM IS SHOULD NOT BE PUT IN PLACE WHEN THERE IS ICE AND STATE OF EMERGENCY. NO SNOW PLAN.
Clinical Data Analyst/Case Manager (Current Employee), Elizabethtown, KYAugust 21, 2014
Pros: convienient from where i live, regular income, benefits, good hours
Cons: limited opportunities for advancement, low pay
I loved my job. We have a good team who all work together. However, I am finishing my masters degree and not sure if there will be a position for me. My current position, I am underemployed, but I am thankful that I have a job with a regular paycheck and benefits
Great coworkers with ok management
Med-Surge Nurse Extern (Former Employee), Elizabethtown, KYMay 21, 2014
Pros: team work
Cons: short breaks, stressfull, inadequate nurse to patient ratios
Great people work at Hardin Memorial Hospital. They are helpful and believe in teamwork. Many people in upper management are compassionate and helpful too.
Management poor and inexperienced. Fire at will. No security
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Bardstown, KYApril 25, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: poor management
Hospital has replaced experienced staff with new lower paid staff. Good for new employees who get hired, but no security. Employees not valued or respected. No breaks, not allowed to say or get paid for them without retaliation. Terrible employer
Small town hospital
Registered Nurse - Medical Surgical Telemetry (Current Employee), Elizabethtown, KYApril 10, 2014
Pros: small, freindly
Cons: benefits are lacking
The people here are wonderful. It is a small hospital and everyone is friendly. They are working toward Magnet status so the environment is positive and progressive.
Nurse assistant
Nurse aide (Former Employee), Kenton, OHFebruary 26, 2014
Helped nurses care for patients. First experience in a hospital setting.
Loved this job!
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Elizabethtown, KYFebruary 13, 2014
Loved this job! One of my favorite places to work. I enjoyed my shift and working in this fast paced environment allowed me to continue to grow in the healthcare field.
decent place to work
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee), Elizabethtown, KYJanuary 31, 2014
Cons: hard to get employment oppurtunity i put in applications and never hear anything
co workers will stab you in the back if they get a chance...hard to deal with the patient family members at times I so enjoy the patient interaction and know that I help them in some small way
Great job
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), LaboratoryDecember 27, 2013
I loved working with most of the people that I encountered at HMH. I worked the am shift so I would start at 4am doing the morning rounds. Patients at this time of the day are not always pleasant but you understand if you have ever been interrupted in your sleep. I was extremely happy in this position but not with the authority of my supervisor. If I am having a conflict with a co-worker that is affecting myself and others I feel it needs to be dealt with not swept under the rug because you are overwhelmed with your job. I hated to resign from this position but I could not continue to work in an environment where I was attacked verbally as well as called vulgar names by a co-worker. Everyday I wish there would have been another solution but I did attempt seeking help from those above me. I am a great phlebotomist, I love what I do. I can handle the stress and demands of this job, I just prefer to not work in a hostile work environment for an indefinite amount of time.
Wonderful co-workers, lack luster management
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), ElizabethtownDecember 9, 2013
Pros: meal tickets, or gas cards for perfect attendance
Cons: lunch only, no breaks
I absolutely love being a phelbotomist and I know there is nothing else I want to do with my life. I enjoy being able to interact with people and help in their healthcare. There are times you feel great happiness in your job by just being complimented on a job well done with little to no pain. Then there are times when your job is a bit harder because you see someone maybe you have given care to several times that is becoming more ill. It is hard to not "care" for the people you care for. You become somewhat emotionally attached as I believe they do with you. My co-workers were the best part of my day. Being able to know I had a hard working team that worked together as a unit. Made things flow smoothly as well as quickly for the patient flow. My only real complaint was the few times that I did have issue with a co-worker and I felt it needed managements attention and I was blown off. I do not want to work an environment where I feel verbally attacked by someone having a bad day. I can take critism but name calling and putting someone down is not beneficial to the team moral. I want a work evnironment where we can all respect one another and work well together. teach each other and when there is a problem hopefully handle it amongst ourselves but if or when management is needed I would hope they would stand up not brush it under the rug for arguements sake.
I loved working at HMH, co-workers competent and pulled together in emergency situations.
Staff Nurse/Labor and Delivery (Former Employee), Elizabethtown, KYDecember 2, 2013
Pros: happy place to work most of the time.
Cons: little to no breaks.
Hardin Memorial was a good environment to work in. Manager was great but never worked Labor and Delivery, which made it hard for her to understand what L&D nurse dealt with on a daily basis. Hardest part of the job was long hours, and trying to raise a family.
Ok place to work not much room for advancement. upper management put people in postions reguardless of anyone else being more qualified.
Senior MRI Technologist (Current Employee), Elizabethtown, KYNovember 29, 2013
Its ok no room for advancement. Managers jobs are not posted inside. They place whom they want in management positions. With out posting for qualified employees.

1 2 3