Hardin Memorial Hospital

Hardin Memorial Hospital Employer Reviews

Great coworkers with ok management
Med-Surge Nurse Extern (Former Employee), Elizabethtown, KYMay 21, 2014
Pros: team work
Cons: short breaks, stressfull, inadequate nurse to patient ratios
Great people work at Hardin Memorial Hospital. They are helpful and believe in teamwork. Many people in upper management are compassionate and helpful too.
Management poor and inexperienced. Fire at will. No security
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Bardstown, KYApril 25, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: poor management
Hospital has replaced experienced staff with new lower paid staff. Good for new employees who get hired, but no security. Employees not valued or respected. No breaks, not allowed to say or get paid for them without retaliation. Terrible employer
Small town hospital
Registered Nurse - Medical Surgical Telemetry (Current Employee), Elizabethtown, KYApril 10, 2014
Pros: small, freindly
Cons: benefits are lacking
The people here are wonderful. It is a small hospital and everyone is friendly. They are working toward Magnet status so the environment is positive and progressive.
Nurse assistant
Nurse aide (Former Employee), Kenton, OHFebruary 26, 2014
Helped nurses care for patients. First experience in a hospital setting.
Loved this job!
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Elizabethtown, KYFebruary 13, 2014
Loved this job! One of my favorite places to work. I enjoyed my shift and working in this fast paced environment allowed me to continue to grow in the healthcare field.
decent place to work
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee), Elizabethtown, KYJanuary 31, 2014
Cons: hard to get employment oppurtunity i put in applications and never hear anything
co workers will stab you in the back if they get a chance...hard to deal with the patient family members at times I so enjoy the patient interaction and know that I help them in some small way
Great job
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), LaboratoryDecember 27, 2013
I loved working with most of the people that I encountered at HMH. I worked the am shift so I would start at 4am doing the morning rounds. Patients at this time of the day are not always pleasant but you understand if you have ever been interrupted in your sleep. I was extremely happy in this position but not with the authority of my supervisor. If – more... I am having a conflict with a co-worker that is affecting myself and others I feel it needs to be dealt with not swept under the rug because you are overwhelmed with your job. I hated to resign from this position but I could not continue to work in an environment where I was attacked verbally as well as called vulgar names by a co-worker. Everyday I wish there would have been another solution but I did attempt seeking help from those above me. I am a great phlebotomist, I love what I do. I can handle the stress and demands of this job, I just prefer to not work in a hostile work environment for an indefinite amount of time. – less
Wonderful co-workers, lack luster management
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), ElizabethtownDecember 9, 2013
Pros: meal tickets, or gas cards for perfect attendance
Cons: lunch only, no breaks
I absolutely love being a phelbotomist and I know there is nothing else I want to do with my life. I enjoy being able to interact with people and help in their healthcare. There are times you feel great happiness in your job by just being complimented on a job well done with little to no pain. Then there are times when your job is a bit harder because – more... you see someone maybe you have given care to several times that is becoming more ill. It is hard to not "care" for the people you care for. You become somewhat emotionally attached as I believe they do with you. My co-workers were the best part of my day. Being able to know I had a hard working team that worked together as a unit. Made things flow smoothly as well as quickly for the patient flow. My only real complaint was the few times that I did have issue with a co-worker and I felt it needed managements attention and I was blown off. I do not want to work an environment where I feel verbally attacked by someone having a bad day. I can take critism but name calling and putting someone down is not beneficial to the team moral. I want a work evnironment where we can all respect one another and work well together. teach each other and when there is a problem hopefully handle it amongst ourselves but if or when management is needed I would hope they would stand up not brush it under the rug for arguements sake. – less
I loved working at HMH, co-workers competent and pulled together in emergency situations.
Staff Nurse/Labor and Delivery (Former Employee), Elizabethtown, KYDecember 2, 2013
Pros: happy place to work most of the time.
Cons: little to no breaks.
Hardin Memorial was a good environment to work in. Manager was great but never worked Labor and Delivery, which made it hard for her to understand what L&D nurse dealt with on a daily basis. Hardest part of the job was long hours, and trying to raise a family.
Ok place to work not much room for advancement. upper management put people in postions reguardless of anyone else being more qualified.
Senior MRI Technologist (Current Employee), Elizabethtown, KYNovember 29, 2013
Its ok no room for advancement. Managers jobs are not posted inside. They place whom they want in management positions. With out posting for qualified employees.
HR is a bully! Blame you for stuff you never did!
unwilling to release (Former Employee), Elizabethtown, KyOctober 16, 2013
Pros: most coworkers are great!
Cons: poor management style, hr director is ruthless!
The new HR director is a bully, hostile and confrontational! You can get terminated for stuff that you didn't even do. She is obviously on a mission to save HMH money by giving people the boot at first chance!

If you keep your head down at work and don't gossip. You will be ok. But if you try and make things fair at work, expect to get the boot.
Emergency Unit
ER Psych RN (Former Employee), Elizabethtown, KYOctober 14, 2013
I was hired to the position of Psych RN for emergency room and found myself not only having to find an accepting facility for approx. 3 patients while also handing a full patient/bed assignment for patients in a crisis. I learned how to quickly start IV access and blood draws. My co-workers were wonderful and assisted me when possible.
Great Management, Great Teamwork,
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Elizabethtown, KYAugust 24, 2013
Pros: great leadership, manager/supervisors listen, great teamwork
Cons: long ed wait times persist but improvement is ongoing
I enjoy my job in the HMH ED. The work is VERY fast-paced & demanding but the staff works as a tight-knit team. Many educational opportunities are provided. The management team (ED director & supervisors) value employee input and communicate well. Several protocols have been initiated based in employee ideas (including STEMI team, which ensures heart – more... attack pts get from the ED door to the cardiac cath lab table in 30 minutes or less. The 30 min time is a national standard & has been achieved much more easily by staff suggestions, implemented into set protocols).
The work can be difficult and demanding yet rewarding. The ED nurses work closely with the ED physicians to increase continual flow through the ED. Regardless, wait times can still be high but management is working on these issues at both the staff and upper management levels.
Very happy with my staff RN position in this ER. Benefits are comparable to Louisville and higher than Bowling Green. Management is quick to praise which definitely makes the working environment more positive. Staff teamwork is superb. – less
Busy and not appreciated
Unit secretary and PCA duties (Former Employee), Elizabethtown, KyAugust 22, 2013
Pros: care for sick
Cons: management does not interact with staff really
I worked for HMH for 2 and a half years. I enjoyed my job there but left there on a bad note.

The management does not listen to staff or employees, they favor what their managers say and do. They do not get back with you on things as an employee or check into your position.

I would not recommend HMH as a place of employment due to the simple fact – more... that they do not listen to their employees. – less
HMH is a good place to work.
Safety Watch Assistant (Current Employee), Elizabethtown, KYJuly 24, 2013
Minus the inept management HMH is a great place to work. Usually very busy and the cafeteria offers discounts to employees. Human Resource department is very nice and caring.
Not a good company to work for
Charge Nurse, Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Elizabethtown, KYJuly 22, 2013
CO WORKERS (not including management) on the unit I was on were great! Good teamwork.
my first hosptial job
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee), Elizabethtown, KYMay 6, 2013
Pros: always new patients
Cons: no peaceful breaks
A typical day at work is very busy and can be very hectic... Their are always people coming and going so u do constantly meet people... I enjoying meeting people and getting to know who they are or where their from...
HR dept a joke
Patient Access Rep. (Former Employee), Patient AccessApril 26, 2013
Cons: not willing to listen .
I loved working there but left for personal reasons, I gave my 2 weeks notice. I tried to go back a few years later and was told something was added to my permanent record AFTER I quit that now prohibits me from being rehired there. I questioned this and got no where. This information that was added wasn't correct. I don't think that is even legal.
Don't Value Employees
Registered Nurse - RN (Former Employee), ElizabethtownMarch 23, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: don't value employees, show favoritism in the workplace, poor management
Find another place to work! They don't value their employees or treat them with respect. Any concerns or issues staff have are just ignored! Don't even think about bringing a serious safety concern to the attention of directors, unless you want ramifications! I worked there for several years and can't believe how I was treated. There are much better – more... places out there who actually respect and appreciate their high performers! – less
Productive and fun work place.
Student Intern (Former Employee), Elizabethtown, KYMarch 11, 2013
Pros: chance of taking breaks and lunch with other workers.
Cons: no comments.
I did my internship with this office. I learned so much in regards to Medical Records Management. Performed process of prepping, scanning, and verifying accuracy of paper records to electronic format. The Director is very kind and accommodating so with all the works in different departments.