Hardy Diagnostics Employee Reviews

Employee Ownership Culture; A lot of employee longevity
Manufacturing (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 18, 2017
I really enjoy working at Hardy and with the team here. Since Hardy is a 100% Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), all employees are co-owners of the business. This may seem only financially motivating since each eligible employee receives stock each year freely, but really the most significant impact is creating an ownership culture in which employees take pride and care in their work. We all understand that our actions, good or bad, impact all of us.
Pros
Quarterly bonuses, ESOP shares yearly, misc benefits
Cons
Growing company which can strain communication between departments at times
Has been a great place to work for the last 10 years!
Employee (Current Employee) –  Santa Maria, CADecember 14, 2017
This company has been great for me and my family. I have been able to grow and develop in my career here. The people I work with are wonderful, they are dedicated to their work and are very caring.

The company has grown every year since I have been here, in sales and in the number of employees, and it has been profitable every year. We have profit sharing every quarter which helps supplement our pay and we are 100% employee owned so we get shares in the company every year for free. The price of the shares has gone up significantly.

Since the employees own the company there is a lot of emphasis on working hard to improve processes and to eliminate waste. Personally, I really like this about the company but I do not think everyone likes this.

The company continues to grow which brings a lot of challenges. Most of those challenges are good and are what keeps this job so interesting but the flip side is that the changes never stop and that is stressful sometimes. Most people I know work between 40 and 50 hours a week so I think there is very good work/life balance here.

Every company has it good points and not so good points. Overall, my experience here has been the good far outweighs the bad!
Pros
career growth, employee ownership, work/life balance
Great to be a part of something bigger
Research and Development (Current Employee) –  Santa Maria, CANovember 29, 2017
Hardy Diagnostics is 100% employee owned. The culture shows it. Everyone is encouraged to improve their workplace, and there is a true team spirit that is brought about by each person truly owning their work. Profits are distributed quarterly. The stock price increases steadily each year. We even received a large cash distribution into our stock portfolios last year.

The company's mission is to help diagnose and prevent disease. From the on-campus gym, to the health-conscious cafe, to community involvement and a commitment to donate 1% of our profits, it feels good to be part of a work family that is focused on alleviating human suffering.
Pros
Employee-Owned, Great community
Cons
Fast growing company. Hold onto your hat!
Great place to have a career and participate in company ownership
Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Maria, CANovember 28, 2017
Hardy Diagnostics is somewhere where I feel like what I do matters. I can work alongside a team and work towards a goal and then be recognized for it. The hard work I put in is rewarded with recognition, profit sharing and company ownership. There is also quite a bit of on the job leadership and management training. Hardy Diagnostics employees are also highly involved in helping out our community. The company donates 1% of our profits to local charities.
Pros
Company ownership, healthy work environment, recognition
Great company to work for
employee (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CASeptember 11, 2017
overall a very good company to work for. Good people, a good CEO, lots of benefits associated with this job. Many people understand that Hardy DIagnostic is a great company to work for
Great environment and great people
DCM Technician (Current Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAAugust 18, 2017
Hardy Diagnostics is great place to work and offers a lot of benefits to the workers.. I do not see room for advancement and I am looking else where to further my career
Pros
Great people
Cons
Short breaks
Distribution clerk
Distribution Clerk (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 13, 2017
Only a part time position. Advertised hours are false.
Hours advertised are 9:00-4:30 but you get forced to clock out by 4pm,it's impossible to survive financially without getting a 2nd part time job. No benefits for parttimers.Management is horrible very disrespectful and unappreciative of hard working employees.Do not work with for this company ,you will waste valuable time and be very disappointed.
Pros
Esop
Cons
Poor excuse for management, bad work environment
Terrible upper management
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Springboro, OHDecember 3, 2016
Most of managers were capable of being great leaders but over shadowed by a self righteous CEO. The man is a complete joke as a leader. He feels like he should be idolized because he founded company. The little people mean nothing but money in his pocket. He gives out very low raises and trys to get you to believe that profit sharing offsets this. Trust me, the bottom line is all that matters to him. Bust your rear and take a lot of pride in what you do, means nothing to him. If you want to work here, you must worship the CEO, or start looking for another job.
Pros
Fellow workers and day shift
Cons
Joke of a CEO and low pay
Excellent Company To Work For -- But not for everyone!
Production (Former Employee) –  Springboro, OHJuly 21, 2016
I worked at Hardy for years, and really enjoyed it. Hardy is a very fulfilling place to work at and is full of oppurtunity and energy. For the most part the Employees are great at what they do and they actually CARE, but of course there are a few duds who are just there for a paycheck. The majority of the Managers are in-tune and personable. My boss I had when I worked there was the best I have ever had; bar none.

The pay is slightly less than competitors, but in some ways it is made up for with the fact Hardy offers quarterly profit sharing checks and you accumulate stock in the company. The work-life balance is GREAT. It is a 1st shift operation with low-moderate overtime. We did work the occasional Saturday.

I will say, Hardy is NOT for everyone. If you want a job where you want to do the bare minimum and collect a paycheck, find somewhere else. Hardy is not your run-of-the-mill manufacturer. They expect more out of their employees to just exist and run the equipment. You are expected to be involved, and to get better everyday.

One negative is there are some politics at the upper tier of the management level that I did not approve of. There were decisions that were made without facts and more based upon a whim or personal feeling. But the floor Managers and Leads do not operate this way.

I read some of the reviews on Indeed and do not see it at ALL. Overall Hardy is a fun place to work that encourages and empowers their employees. Just come in on time, try your best, have a good attitude, and pay attention and you are sure to do well at Hardy. I read some reviews
  more... on here and I KNOW who wrote them, and let me say, they are bitter because they were let go or forced out for not doing a quality job.

I would reccommend to anyone in search of a solid career with a well reknowned manufacturer.
Pros
An encouraging atmosphere, profit sharing, Esop, Good Managers
Cons
Lower than industry pay
Great people to work with
Distribution Clerk (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CADecember 2, 2015
The culture of Hardy Diagnostics is fantastic. Most people are there because they want to be there and everyone cares about the direction of the company because they themselves have a vested interest.
Underpaid Biotech Lab Manufacturing
Plate Technician (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAOctober 19, 2015
Very Underpaid staff considering manufacturing employees worked with cancerous materials along with human and sheep's blood. Along with antibiotics , constant training on chemicals and production development. Company takes advantage of the area's demographics mainly the documented and undocumented immigrants. Most employees with limited to no experience in biology or chemistry with no education, high school diplomas, etc. I did enhance my education in the bio industry with hands on experience, though i was already familiar with many of the ins and out of a bio lab. Also since i was more educated management seemed to rely on me and i WAS teaching them how to do certain aspects of the job. They tend to stupefy the employees by offering profit sharing, but at such a low level a 0.50 cent raise would do more good for them in their paychecks. Offered discounted gym memberships and once month giveaways, again to stupefy employees to keep them from asking for raises or even be aware of the industry standard pay which I'm sorry to say is about 3.00 dollars an hour higher on average. Example: My 2 supervisors did not have high school diplomas, had been working more than 5 years for the company and barley making $12/hr.
Pros
experience
Cons
pay, healthcare, chemicals, educated employees
Bad management
Technician (Former Employee) –  Springboro, OHOctober 7, 2015
I did not enjoy working here. The manager was lazy and did not lead by example. No overtime, also, the lunch was short and you couldn't always have breaks.
Pros
Health care
Cons
short breaks, low pay
They care
Sales Administrator (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAAugust 25, 2015
This is a great place to work, the company doesn't just care about the numbers they care about you, that is a rarity in todays job market!
Pros
Lots of incentives
Great Company
Customer Service Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAFebruary 3, 2015
This is a very great company to work for it has great benefits, open book management and the owner has very good beliefs. I worked in customer service and we got treated with a lot of appreciation also.
Good plecework.
Filler & Packager (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CADecember 25, 2014
Is a good company, but for me it wasn't enough hours.
Now is a big company and they have good opportunities for everybody.
Pros
Free breakfast.
Cons
I really dont know.
First Experience with Factory Work
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAJanuary 3, 2014
Hardy Diagnostic was a amazing job. Everyone was great to work with. We made cultured media for hospitals, Labs ,and more applications.
Pros
Profit Sharing
Cons
Quota on production
Friendly workers and helpful managers
Intern (Former Employee) –  SpringboroSeptember 12, 2013
I did everything that needed to be done with no specified area of designation.
Company is going places
Worker (Former Employee) –  OhioMarch 9, 2013
Hardy is a great place to work at. Firstly, the company is very picky when it comes to the integrity of the employees (hence some of the bitter reviews below).

Work load is manageable, management is great and understanding.. always willing to work with you with days off, etc. Decent pay and benefits, probably a little less than competitors but it's not bad. Training program is kind of strenuous to make sure employees understand what is expected and to follow FDA regulations.. overall an excellent place to work. I enjoyed my stay with the company.
Pros
2 breaks a day, education assistance, personable management
Cons
pay could be better, too many meetings
No comment (Current Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAJanuary 8, 2013
First off I would question any negative, incompetant sounding review from a former employee. Hardy Diagnostics has provided training to any employee requesting to learn more. There is always an oppurtunity to move up in the company if the employee shows the desire to do so. Raises can be on the low end, however if you do excel at your job you can receive higher then normal increases.
As with any job if you don't like what you do will not perform well and this gets reflected in your review and why you don't get raises or the opportunity to move up.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
pay uncompetative
HORRIBLE Production Manager
Production (Former Employee) –  ProductionJanuary 5, 2013
Production manager is a joke. He knows absolutely nothing about manufacturing. He is literally straight out of highschool, no manufacturing background, only worked at pizza hut at one time and treats everyone like they are stupid. Manager sits in his office and does NOTHING. Co-workers are lazy and extremely cynical. You will not receive formal SOP training, so look forward to training yourself. AVOID THIS JOKE OF A COMPANY AT ALL COSTS!
Pros
n/a
Cons
bad manager, lazy co-workers, no formal training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hardy Diagnostics. Our community is ready to answer.

Hardy Diagnostics Reviews by Location