Hardy Diagnostics Employee Reviews in United States

Underpaid Biotech Lab Manufacturing
Plate Technician (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAOctober 19, 2015
Very Underpaid staff considering manufacturing employees worked with cancerous materials along with human and sheep's blood. Along with antibiotics , constant training on chemicals and production development. Company takes advantage of the area's demographics mainly the documented and undocumented immigrants. Most employees with limited to no experience in biology or chemistry with no education, high school diplomas, etc. I did enhance my education in the bio industry with hands on experience, though i was already familiar with many of the ins and out of a bio lab. Also since i was more educated management seemed to rely on me and i WAS teaching them how to do certain aspects of the job. They tend to stupefy the employees by offering profit sharing, but at such a low level a 0.50 cent raise would do more good for them in their paychecks. Offered discounted gym memberships and once month giveaways, again to stupefy employees to keep them from asking for raises or even be aware of the industry standard pay which I'm sorry to say is about 3.00 dollars an hour higher on average. Example: My 2 supervisors did not have high school diplomas, had been working more than 5 years for the company and barley making $12/hr.
Pros
experience
Cons
pay, healthcare, chemicals, educated employees
Bad management
Technician (Former Employee) –  Springboro, OHOctober 7, 2015
I did not enjoy working here. The manager was lazy and did not lead by example. No overtime, also, the lunch was short and you couldn't always have breaks.
Pros
Health care
Cons
short breaks, low pay
They care
Sales Administrator (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAAugust 25, 2015
This is a great place to work, the company doesn't just care about the numbers they care about you, that is a rarity in todays job market!
Pros
Lots of incentives
Great Company
Customer Service Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAFebruary 3, 2015
This is a very great company to work for it has great benefits, open book management and the owner has very good beliefs. I worked in customer service and we got treated with a lot of appreciation also.
Good plecework.
Filler & Packager (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CADecember 25, 2014
Is a good company, but for me it wasn't enough hours.
Now is a big company and they have good opportunities for everybody.
Pros
free breakfast.
Cons
i really dont know.
First Experience with Factory Work
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAJanuary 3, 2014
Hardy Diagnostic was a amazing job. Everyone was great to work with. We made cultured media for hospitals, Labs ,and more applications.
Pros
profit sharing
Cons
quota on production
Friendly workers and helpful managers
Intern (Former Employee) –  SpringboroSeptember 12, 2013
I did everything that needed to be done with no specified area of designation.
No comment (Current Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAJanuary 8, 2013
First off I would question any negative, incompetant sounding review from a former employee. Hardy Diagnostics has provided training to any employee requesting to learn more. There is always an oppurtunity to move up in the company if the employee shows the desire to do so. Raises can be on the low end, however if you do excel at your job you can receive higher then normal increases.
As with any job if you don't like what you do will not perform well and this gets reflected in your review and why you don't get raises or the opportunity to move up.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
pay uncompetative
Horrible place to work
Technician (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAOctober 23, 2012
Although they'll promise you good raises and opportunities for advancement during your interviews, the fact is none of it is true. Raises are typically 20-30 cents per year, with no cost of living increases. While this may be okay for a temporary job position, this is not a company where one can have a career. Also, management is very private about changes in the company and when considering big decisions; people's jobs are at risk and employment is "at will" (you can be fired/laid-off at any time for no reason at all). There are no checks & balances within the company; no voting by a board of directors- all decisions are made by a single person. Stray far from this company- don't let their manipulative tactics pull you in; they've ruined many employees' lives & careers thus far.
Pros
the working employees (technicians, warehouse workers, csrs, etc.) are a joy to work with
Cons
upper management is horrible, no job security or advancement, poor benefits
Lots of work, low pay, no loyalty
COO (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAOctober 9, 2012
I saw plenty of excellent people forced out to save a buck! Huge number of products, constant overiding of FDA rules.
Fun workplace with ping pong table
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAJuly 16, 2012
I would take orders and put them together. I learned a lot about the medical field and how important the products we ship out has in determining different cancers and medical complications form. The management was very generous, yet persistent. The people I worked with were fun and very helpful. Since I wasn't there very long, the hardest thing was trying to memorize the item numbers to make putting the orders together more quickly. The best part about the job was break and lunch where we played ping pong or shot basketballs.
Pros
critical in the medical field
Cons
worked in very cold, refrigerated warehouse