Hargrove Engineers + Constructors Employee Reviews

Felt like part of a family.
Sr. Staff Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Johns Creek, GANovember 7, 2016
Hargrove was a great place to work. I enjoyed the variety and challenges associated with different projects. I was a very productive member of the office until several months ago. In June 2016 I was assigned to support a project in another office. The assignment was premature as the other office had no work to give me. Weeks went by with prodding by me to my upper management to no avail to get billable work. Needless to say after several months of no assigned billable work, I was laid off approaching my 5th year anniversary.
Pros
Monthly safety meetings/ lunches
Cons
No management support when needed
Accounting Assistant/Project Administrator I (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALSeptember 23, 2016
Excellent job and life work balance. Easy to work for with lots of work to keep you busy. Miss my extended family and the downtown area has a lot of excellent parks and restaurants.
Pros
Great teammate atmosphere
Cons
Reduction in benefits and workforce
Family Atmosphere
QA Inspector (Current Employee) –  Meridian, MSAugust 1, 2016
Very productive and welcoming company that really cares about their employees. Very well managed company with great teammates.
Fun environment with goal based projects
Project Controls Intern (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 19, 2016
Have loved every minute of working for Hargrove. Great team, family culture. No excessive pressure. Adequate skills training and help.
I enjoyed the 4 years I worked at Hargrove
Piping Designer III (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJune 2, 2016
I enjoyed working at Hargrove as long as I had Billable hours. Middle management is cliquish. With much of my department working out of state and 9 of my coworkers on overhead I was put out on less than truthful circumstances. Sent out to work for a satellite office accusations about my work ethic of a false nature where made. It was suggested by a friend that I sue them and a lawyers name was provided to me. Being a Christian and trusting God would work out the details I declined to do that. I was further insulted by the lack of due process and the forfeiture of 40 hours vacation time I had accrued. Most disappointing of all is it seems I may be on a blacklist for employment in the Mobile Al. To be realistic it all came down to one fellow not liking me. If upper management had known the full story I'm quite certain they would have been disappointed concerning their espoused creed.
Pros
Pleasant work environment with only one exception. Great location.
Cons
Fast paced growth without billable hours to support that growth
Just an ok compay.
Mechanical/ Piping Designer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 8, 2016
Some offices are ok. Lack of management and leadership in the smaller offices. The biggest Plus is that they do pay well.
Competitive pay and rarely micromanaged
Industrial Hygiene Technician (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 29, 2016
Good company to work for as they pay competitively and offer flexible schedules for those that want to further their education.
Fast growing compnay with high client priorites and family oriention
Project Administrator (Current Employee) –  Puerto RicoOctober 5, 2015
Fast growing company with prestigious awards in the industry.
Opportunity for growing within the company with expanding multi-sites offices.
Excellent company
Receptionist/Clerical Assistant (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Johns Creek, GASeptember 22, 2015
I enjoyed working at Hargrove; as a faith based company, they had weekly morning devotionals and everyone was professional and friendly. I the only reason I wasn't employed full-time was due to their budget and couldn't continue paying the agency, but everyone appreciated my hard work and had nothing but kind words to say to me upon my departure.
Pros
Work-friendly environment where everyone was helpful and worked as a team for the greater cause.
Cons
The task of washing out other people's dishes at the end of the day, ie coffee mugs, forks, Coffee containers, etc.
Productive and fun workplace
Mechanical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 22, 2014
Engineering consulting firm with a great culture. Look for this company to continue to grow.
A place to work
Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 27, 2014
A place to work to advance your skills and abilities in civil/structural engineering
Challenging and rewarding place to work
Document Control Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALMarch 20, 2014
A typical day at work is to process incoming transmittals from the engineering firm over the project and to make certain the documentation is then transmitted to the appropriate contractor for the particular phase of the job, process incoming submittals and RFIs and follow up on and close these out once they are resolved. I have to make certain all drawings and documents are up to date and generate a hard copy library of all current and superseded documents. This was my first experience on a large construction project and it was very challenging learning a new document system and struggling to keep up with the demands of the job but everyone pitched in to assist and we worked as a real team. The electronic document system was new to all of us but we learned it together and still got the job done. The team I work with is exceptional and I have enjoyed working with all of them. I have the most patient and understanding construction project manager. He saw the difficulties we all were having with the system and helped all of us to work through the hardships.
Pros
Team Work
Cons
Not enough in depth training on the EDS and an inadequate server system.
Satisfactory place to work.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALOctober 11, 2013
Normal work hours.
Onsite support.
Large office environment.
Client focus
Piping/Mechanical Designer (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJune 6, 2012
Really big on pleasing the client. As I was working on a site at a chemcical plant, I was what it appreared to be forgotten. I had no interactions with the company as often as I did when I was in house. I learned alot while on site beacause I could actually see my design work being install as I interface with the contractors.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hargrove Engineers + Constructors. Our community is ready to answer.

Hargrove Engineers + Constructors Reviews by Location