Harland Clarke Employee Reviews in United States

I would take calls for the customers and see to there checks were ordered properly
Call Center rep (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 8, 2016
I believe Harland, had a lot of quality's because, i had learned a lot of what they had to offer. Managers, were awfully nice they had a lot to offer they believed in me but it just had a lot to learn which i think that my hardest part when i had questions that i would never have help with because it was the hardest part. But the most enjoyable part was when i got to take the orders for the customers
Pros
The customers and the people
Cons
Not getting enough help
Continuously redefining company direction away from check printing
Sr Category Mgr, Constr & Cap Equip (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 1, 2016
Company has great employees and a new headquarters location. Overall environment is positive and open to community support. Some upper management may consider training to attract younger personnel for company growth.
Pros
Office building and HR monthly events
Cons
Job security due to constant acquisitions of other businesses.
Worked 12 hours swing shift glass company
Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 9, 2016
Packed glass all night.
Got along with all my co-workers.
Hardest part of the job was the long twelve hours.
Most enjoyable part of the job was working with different ethnic backgrounds and learning each culture and generations.
What I learned from management was how hard it was to keep up with every employee and how you had to position yourself for each because everyone does not have to the same personality.
Productive and a great company.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCApril 21, 2016
Harland Clarke is a great place to work, because we get to work as a team to succeed in our production and help the company reach their goals. I enjoy my job duties as well as my co- workers, and a typical day at Harland Clarke is busy. However I also learn in management that it is important to produce good quality work for example, accuracy, thoroughness, productivity and goal attainment. Overall I learn something new everyday at the company.
daily press work
2 Color Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INApril 10, 2016
find out what press i will be operating that day.
sort job folders according to due date.
order stock for jobs.
get press set up and ready to run.
run as many jobs according to due date as possible.
clean up work station and put away any extra stock.
fill out daily production sheet.
go home.
Pros
fairly lax work environment. no bosses standing over your shoulder.
Cons
too lax....a little is ok but there are people that come to work and get a free paycheck.
was a fun place to work
Office Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAMay 9, 2016
Really enjoyed my experience at Harland. Leadership team was great and was always helpful, was will to work with me and accomadate me in anyway they could. Hated to have to leave due to bussiness moving to Texas.
Pros
no weekends & opportunity to work ot if youwanted to
Cons
short breaks
No advance in company only if you were liked personally.
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 16, 2016
Company had great benefits for employees,
Company did not keep their word about being eligible to advance to better once self.
Harland Clarke had to much fun and not enough work knowledge, Supervisors played while employees worked and had lower rank employees doing their job.
Pros
Gift cards
Cons
To much playing time for supervisors
Not a bad place to work but definitely has it cons and could pay better
Bank Specifications Technician (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXJuly 8, 2016
Like every workplace it has it's ups and downs. Overall not a bad place to work. Good healthcare benefits but low hourly pay for the industry.
Pros
Good healthcare
Cons
Low hourly pay for industry
The pay and hours were fine but management was sub-par
Bielo Operator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 9, 2016
The typical day was busy, with supervison, breaks and lunch. The machinery would break down on a regular basis, disrupting the work day.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Fellow employees seemed not to have team spirit
Once wonderful company
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAJuly 14, 2016
The company was great when it was Harland. Once it became Harland Clarke the company went down hill. The family cell went away and the true cate for the people left.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Clarke taking over Harland
Loved working there for over 38 years.
Billing Staff Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 10, 2016
Trouble shooting billing issues, analysis for correction of processes and procedures throughout the enterprise that resulted in billing errors. Worked with production facilities, sales and IT to resolve the errors and implement changers to eliminate future errors from occurring. Worked as a billing and production SME on enterprise projects.
Has gone down hill in recent years
Client Data Coordinator (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCJuly 21, 2016
Company is not interested in the well being of the employees, only the bottom line. No raises in the past 7 years, yet upper management continues to get raises as well as bonuses.
Harland Clarke was a great company to work.
Director of Plant Operations for MICR Express (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INFebruary 18, 2016
I was very pleased with Harland Clarke as a place to work. They provided me many opportunities to advance early in my career but that slowed as we kept closing plants. The work/life balance was good, I had a good staff of people across the shifts and on my management team.
Customer service oriented
Welcome Call Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78216August 14, 2016
Busy from start to end on making the customers aware of their benefits and satisfaction with BOA. Great co-workers. Weekly meetings w/team is helpful.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Pay
Not a bad place.
Customer Sales Consultant & Customer Service (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXJanuary 14, 2016
Typical day is handling Customer who have placed or wanting to place orders for their financial documents. I have learned to multitask, enhanced my problem solving skills and how to communicate problem from one end to the next; while making it right for the customer. Management is friendly and eager to help and co workers make it feel like you're right at home. Hardest part of the job is maintaining a calm demeanor; while assisting an escalated upset customer.
Great benefits, very little advancement potential
Intouch Operator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 22, 2016
Benefits are great. My co-workers were great. Management is inconsistent in implementing policy. Very little opportunity for advancement in a dying industry.
Pros
Paid time off and sick time, 401k match, 1st shift hours are great
Cons
Very little opportunity for advancement
Good Employer
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCMay 13, 2016
They offer good benefits and 401K. Great atmosphere to work in. Nobody is perfect but management could use some training in people skills.
Pros
Good income and benefits.
Cons
Hours are not flexible for college students.
Terrible job in grapevine
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXMay 12, 2016
Avoid this place like the plague, unless you have no choice. Management team is full of liars. Very few have any integrity. If you want to work in a dying company full of felons this is for you.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
The rest
used to be a great place..
Order Fulfillment (Current Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INApril 13, 2016
Been here several years and never has the overtime been so high, terrible turnover rate, the pay is ok but you will never get out of your current position. I would seek employment elsewhere unless you are just desperate.
productive workplace, there was a cafeteria that served good food
Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 4, 2016
a typical day at harland clarke came at a steady pace. most of the day is spent at the desk and on the phone. i learned a lot about bank types and checks while working here. the management was very approachable and friendly, they held contests with prizes for the employees to compete in. the hardest part about the job would be the long hours, the most enjoyable part of the job would be the employees.
Pros
there was a cafeteria that served during lunch, insanely convenient, and always good to eat a hot meal.
Cons
hours were very long

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Harland Clarke. Our community is ready to answer.