Harland Clarke

Harland Clarke Employer Reviews

It was a great place to work until bought out by Clarke
Billing Analyst III (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 25, 2014
Pros: paid time off, after 17 1/2 years i had 6 weeks
Cons: compensation, new management when clarke took over
A typical day at work depended on how many contract renewals I had been assigned and their due dates, of course taking care of most current due date of contract. A contract renewal could be completed within 1-2 hours. If I had been assigned any new contract set ups that would also depend on the due date as to which I started first, these took approximately – more... 3-4 hours depending on number of branches and special programs in the Financial Institute.

HOF (Hold Order File) research orders on this file for problems, correcting them and release from HOF.

My manager was great and I enjoyed working with her. The most enjoyable part of the job was researching the HOF. The hardest part of my job were the datalibs for the Brokerage Clients.

Many phone calls during the day for client questions, if I needed to research these I always got back to client before COB. Also made numerous calls to our different plants to check on billing or shipment of orders.

I had a good relationship with my co-workers and we were a team. I still keep in touch with them all after 2 years. – less
Decent place to work.
Inserter Operator (Current Employee), High Point, NCNovember 17, 2014
Pros: stable work environment
Cons: low pay
I am a current employee. The people are very friendly and good to work with. But if you have to support a family, look elsewhere. They don't pay much, and OT is extremely unreliable. The work is fairly easy and very tedious. The machines run very poorly, some days it's a wonder we get anything done on time.
positive enviroment, good feedback from management from employees suggestions,we got things done.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Glen Burnie, MDNovember 5, 2014
Pros: having company outings, food drives for communties
Cons: benefits were okay but sometimes expensive...short handed at times when people where on vacations.
Harland Clarke is a good company to work for in the check and financial industry, every day brought on new challenges,learned different aspects of the warehouse operations, worked with a really good bunch of people from different backgrounds, management was very easy to work for, enjoyed when company was noticed for their innovative projects and ideas.
Productive and challenging.
Boxer (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 31, 2014
Fast paced, team player environment, friendly co-workers, and Management and office staff are very professional. Worked well together as a team.
Senior Client Manager (Former Employee), ColoradoOctober 29, 2014
Good place to work, friendly/team environment, good pay scale.
Very nice place to work
Process Quality Technician (Former Employee), Jeffersonville, INOctober 27, 2014
Pros: several bank holidays
Should not have quit.

Management makes themselves present for employees.

Air conditioned.
Productive, fun and laid back enviroment
Customer Service Rep I (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTOctober 13, 2014
Excellent company to work for even in the short time I worked there due to personal issues. I would recommend the company anyone looking for a job in a call center.
Decent place to work with great benefits.
Mail Room Clerk (Current Employee), PRSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: cheap breakfast and lunch, healthcare, 401k, schedules.
Cons: management, growth opportunities, pay rate vs responsabilities.
Some work days are slower than others due to amount of orders that are received. Management is sold to you as pro-employee when you are interviewed for the job but is literally the opposite once you start working there. Learned the entire process of how checks for the banks are made, from printing to packaging and shipping. The co-workers are like a – more... family, with the good moments and the bad ones. The hardest part of the job is finding professional growth opportunities. The most enjoyable part of the job is the relationship between the co-workers and the great benefits. – less
Classsic call center work place
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Salt Lake CitySeptember 11, 2014
If you enjoy the status quot and just want a 9-5 position this is the place for you.
na
Facilities Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 25, 2014
I would advise people not to work here. Supervisors have favorites and are rude.
I was very happy working at Harland Clarke
Marketing Customer Service (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COAugust 20, 2014
Pros: gift cards for productive work and good attendance
Cons: more pay raises
I loved going to work at Harland Clarke, it was fun, rewarding and very satisfying work. When they closed the location in Colorado Springs Co I was very sad. The management, co workers and all that worked at Harland Clarke were like family. They will be missed. The hardest part of the job was not having the opportunities to advance. The most enjoyable – more... part was always being told how important and valuable you were to the company. Harland Clarke was a wonderful place to work. – less
Comfortable environment
Customer Support Specialist & Work Force Analyst (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 20, 2014
Would have loved to stay, but my contract was finished.
Management was approachable, co-workers supportive, training was excellent.
A wonderfuf place to work- people truly care about you- management was great
Warehouse Lead - Milton, WA (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 10, 2014
Pros: potlucks, company parties, games and good companionship.
Cons: the day we had to close the doors to shut down the building
We always knew what was going on before the shift started, because we had team meetings. The management team kept us informed, and were helpful throughout the shift. For the most part, everyone got along just fine. There really wasn't anything hard about working at Harland-Clarke.
GREAT PLACE
Check order specialist/ customer service (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 8, 2014
IT WAS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK AT. I HELPED THE CALLERS TO PLACE ORDERS FOR CHECKS AND OTHER OFFICE SUPPLIES.
Fun atmosphere
Supervisor (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 13, 2014
Pros: open door
Cons: dying industry
Check printing industry has its ups and downs. Harland Clarke was a good place to work but it was based on the success of small businesses. The printers are out of date and do not run well. The leadership is good and communicate very well.
Creative environment
Senior Manager, Corporate Communications (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 12, 2014
Pros: creative teams
Cons: lack of leadership direction
Enjoyed working with creative and innovative individuals; also enjoyed the fast-paced environment.
Great perks
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 13, 2014
Grateful for the opportunity provided by this company. A lot of bonuses and incentives given for excellent job performance.
Great work place with the opportunity to learn and grow
Supervisor - Steve Estervan (Former Employee), Garland texasJune 11, 2014
Pros: free lunch once a while
Cons: summer heat
A typical day involves managing employee time and attendance, keeping track of orders, and inventory, and monitoring work area and ensuring a clean accident free work area.
Communication is the best tool.
Fun people ready to work
Heat in the warehouse during the summer time can be very harsh.
Enjoyed working with medical supplies.
Company that cared about training on upcoming and new changes. Cared about the employees and thier lives
Product Specialist (Former Employee), Decatur, GAJune 9, 2014
Harland was a company I enjoyed working for. The management team believed in continuous training & cross training. My manger trained me to handle escalated calls and made me part of Manager Support Team.
Great coworkers
INVENTORY SPECIALIST (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 13, 2014
Pros: the opportunities to advance in my career.
Cons: lunch was too short. only 30 minutes.
Learned alot about the company. Also had the opportunity to move up within the company and broaden my skills. Learned different types of software.

1 2 3 4 5

About Harland Clarke

Is your check in the mail? Ask Harland Clarke. The company produces billions of checks and deposit slips annually. In addition – Read more