Job Title: Field Service Technician
Department: Automated Systems Division
Reports to: Field Operations Manager
Harland Medical Systems is a world leader in design and manufacturing of automation and test equipment for the application and testing of hydrophilic and antimicrobial coating for the medical device industry. Harland also manufactures specialty chemistries formulated and optimized to effectively modify the surface of healthcare products to help promote friction reduction and infection control.
- Responsible for providing world-wide post sales/implementation of all Harland Medical equipment and services. Includes: Equipment installation, on-site repairs, technical support services including troubleshooting, problem resolution and maintenance.
- Act as system expert for all Harland Medical products
- Perform recommended preventive maintenance, calibration, and certification on Harland equipment
- Technical writing of service procedures and documents
- Use standard test instruments and hand tools to install equipment or replace parts or components
- Provide phone support and troubleshooting assistance to customers
- Respond to customer calls during non-business hours
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting schematics
- Provide ongoing customer and maintenance record keeping
- Participation in new product development teams.
- Cross-functional department communication. Daily interface with sales, engineering, and production departments.
- This position requires domestic and international travel.
Qualifications - THIS IS AN ENTRY LEVEL POSITION:
- Minimum of Associate’s Degree in electronics technology or equivalent
- Desire up to three years of related field service experience (medical industry a plus)
- Experience troubleshooting and repair of mechanical, electromechanical, and/or electronic equipment
- Excellent communications skills coupled with a professional manner
- Strong organizational, time management and customer service skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a field service team
Harland Medical Systems is a world leader in design and manufacturing of automation and test equipment for the...